Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Last time you had French fries

Started by Tracey, January 21, 2018, 04:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Cindy on January 21, 2018, 04:19:56 PM
What are these French Fries. Do you mean chips?   ;D

Not sure when the last time I had French fries was but I had chips once, Cindy.  Along with the fish from a Chipper in Belfast, N.I. with late Forum member Maebh.  We ate them in a memorial garden on Bombay Road.  Best fish & chips I've ever had.
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

Chelsea

Just had curly fries at Hooters of Knoxville. They are awesome along with the crab legs, 10 hot wings and fried pickles!

Hugs,
       Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

MollyPants

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on April 10, 2018, 10:50:09 AM
Just had curly fries at Hooters of Knoxville. They are awesome along with the crab legs, 10 hot wings and fried pickles!

Hugs,
       Chelsea
Ahhh curly fries! I love them! My favourite burger joint serves the most amazing ones and lots of them!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: MollyPants on April 10, 2018, 10:54:09 AM
Ahhh curly fries! I love them! My favourite burger joint serves the most amazing ones and lots of them!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I love curly fries and we do not have a Hooters in my town. All my appointments are 45 min away in Knoxville and I stop almost every time for them!
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

davina61

Oven chips with bread crumbed fish and peas TONIGHT
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Katie Jade

Got taken out by ex and sons yesterday for some hot chicken at Nando's, with.... Peri Peri chips, so really really nice (that's another 2 hours owed to the exercise gods). Too many chips at the moment.... Bad girl..
Katie

:o :o :o :o
:angel: :angel: >:-) >:-) :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

ChrissyRyan

About three days ago.
Not bad!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Just yesterday with a nice piece of Haddock.  Yum!  But they were frozen "fries" that I baked in the oven.  Chelsea mentioned Fried Pickles.  I love those.  My DIL got me started.  Double Yum!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I usually have ketchup with my fries, at least 99 percent of the time.
Occasionally there is some marvelous sauce I dip the fries in, and then I skip the ketchup.

Too salty and the fries are ruined.  Ditto if too cold or greasy.

I do not care for fancy fries that are laden with spices, or fries that are too hard, burnt, or covered with cheese or marinara.

Just bring me the fries!  And no, they do not have to be in a sandwich or in a mexican wrap.

Just bring me the fries!  Hold the mayo.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 14, 2018, 11:16:48 PM
I usually have ketchup with my fries, at least 99 percent of the time.
Occasionally there is some marvelous sauce I dip the fries in, and then I skip the ketchup.

Too salty and the fries are ruined.  Ditto if too cold or greasy.

I do not care for fancy fries that are laden with spices, or fries that are too hard, burnt, or covered with cheese or marinara.

Just bring me the fries!  And no, they do not have to be in a sandwich or in a mexican wrap.

Just bring me the fries!  Hold the mayo.

YES, lots of ketchup on my fries.... and not enough salt is not good either.....  I like salt on my fries.   I also like waffle-fries, curly-fries and tater-tots... and you are correct... I don't want them laden with spices, cheese or anything else... but I don't want them soggy and greasy... crispy is good, but as you stated, not greasy and not cold.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

TonyaW

Not too greasy, never cold. Crispy on the outside and dipped only in ketchup.  Lots more salt on them since spiro.

Not a big fan of curly fries though. Don't think I've ever had any that were crispy but not burnt. They are the last type I had  though, its all that Arbys has now. Friday,  to answer the thread topic.

Thicker types though, waffle fries or the chip type cottage fries are good "loaded", but real cheese only, never that nasty "cheese" sauce.  Chili, cheese, bacon bits, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

V M

The "3-am Snacker" struck again armed with a bottle of French's classic yellow mustard  :o

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

davina61

oven chips again with fish and peas with sweet corn and ketchup , salt would have made a chip butty but ran out of bread (food shop due tomorrow)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Devlyn

Last Friday night at George's Hall Bar & Grill in Biggleswade.
  •  

Linde

Today for lunch.  I could eat French Fries for every meal, every day and as snacks in between!  I bought an air fryer specifically to eat Fries without the big guild feeling!
And I drown them in ketchup to be good to my prostate!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

yella

•  

MeTony

Tuesday. I bake them in the oven without oil. Much healthier than a fryer. Takes about 25-30 minutes. But it's worth waiting for. But fries are part of a whole meal for me. I don't eat fries on their own.

I usually make meat to the fries.
  •