Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Last time you had French fries

Started by Tracey, January 21, 2018, 04:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: MeTony on October 25, 2018, 12:29:22 AM
Tuesday. I bake them in the oven without oil. Much healthier than a fryer. Takes about 25-30 minutes. But it's worth waiting for. But fries are part of a whole meal for me. I don't eat fries on their own.

I usually make meat to the fries.

Get on the keto diet, then the fat is good for you... even if the potatoes aren't!  :laugh:
  •  

sarah1972

•  

Lacy

My wife whipped up a batch of air fried fries last night! So tasty!
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: MeTony on October 25, 2018, 12:29:22 AM
Tuesday. I bake them in the oven without oil. Much healthier than a fryer. Takes about 25-30 minutes. But it's worth waiting for. But fries are part of a whole meal for me. I don't eat fries on their own.

I usually make meat to the fries.
If you like them oven fried, I can only recommend to get an air fryer!  That is another small health step above the oven frying (for the case that one considers fries to be remotely healthy), and they are so nice and crisp like those from the deep fryer!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

ChrissyRyan

Does anyone like French fries on top of the meat in burgers or in California burritos?  I think V M likes the burritos.  I have not tried either.

Has anyone dipped fries into milkshakes?  I have not tried that either.

Bring forth the good ketchup though!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

I tried the shake trick, it wasn't my cup of tea.
  •  

Lacy

Quote from: Dietlind on October 25, 2018, 04:03:45 PM
If you like them oven fried, I can only recommend to get an air fryer!  That is another small health step above the oven frying (for the case that one considers fries to be remotely healthy), and they are so nice and crisp like those from the deep fryer!

We use our air fryer for everything! I am still amazed by how it works. Great fried food without the major clean up!

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 25, 2018, 04:16:36 PM
Does anyone like French fries on top of the meat in burgers or in California burritos?  I think V M likes the burritos.  I have not tried either.

Chrissy

I love putting fries on top of burgers!

It has been years, but going to Wendy's and getting a Frosty and dipping fries in it was a treat when my sisters and I were younger.
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

V M

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 25, 2018, 04:16:36 PM

Chrissy

Yep, I put a few (usually the crispier ones) in my Cali burritos, adds a nice flavorful crunch to them - Haven't had a milkshake in years though

Can't stand ketchup, prefer mustard or just about any other sort of dipping sauce
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Donica

I stopped by a MD for so fries to kill time between Dr. appointments. They were the worst. What happened? They used to be the best.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: V M on October 25, 2018, 04:53:53 PM
Yep, I put a few (usually the crispier ones) in my Cali burritos, adds a nice flavorful crunch to them - Haven't had a milkshake in years though

Can't stand ketchup, prefer mustard or just about any other sort of dipping sauce

I like to make my own chili cheese with steak fries.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Well, it has been about a month ago.

Longer than that since some onion rings.

•  

Linde

If I could (and not feel guilty), I would eat them daily.  My favorite version of potato!
I had some yesterday.

•  

Joelene9

I had some today at a restaurant. Some last night with dinner. I make my own. I have a lot of potatoes this year from the garden. Yukon golds and a blue variety that looks like the purple amethyst when sliced that is fluffy in texture. They both make good French fries.

Joelene
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Joelene9 on November 20, 2018, 05:54:12 PM
I had some today at a restaurant. Some last night with dinner. I make my own. I have a lot of potatoes this year from the garden. Yukon golds and a blue variety that looks like the purple amethyst when sliced that is fluffy in texture. They both make good French fries.

Joelene

From your own garden, very nice!  Sweet potato fries can also be tasty.

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I had one french fry today.  Just one at a buffet.   To remember how they can taste.
This one was pretty good and it was a long crinkle cut fry.  I resisted fry number two.  :)

I am not sure about those buffets.  The "all you can eat" for the same price sounds appealing, for sure.  The trick is to get your money's worth, yet not eat a lot of food which collectively provide a lot of calories.

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 28, 2018, 08:01:05 PM
I had one french fry today.  Just one at a buffet.   To remember how they can taste.
This one was pretty good and it was a long crinkle cut fry.  I resisted fry number two.  :)

I am not sure about those buffets.  The "all you can eat" for the same price sounds appealing, for sure.  The trick is to get your money's worth, yet not eat a lot of food which collectively provide a lot of calories.

Chrissy
You are stronger than iron!  I would have gobbled up as many fries as I cold have fit onto my plate!

•  

davina61

Tonight, my BFF had a fish and chip bought for her lunch time and she only ate the fish so stuck them in oven with a chicken tikka slice , came out lovely and crisp .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Linde

Quote from: davina61 on December 06, 2018, 03:50:05 PM
Tonight, my BFF had a fish and chip bought for her lunch time and she only ate the fish so stuck them in oven with a chicken tikka slice , came out lovely and crisp .
Excuse my ignorance, but what on earth is a chicken tikka slice?

•