Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Last time you had French fries

Started by Tracey, January 21, 2018, 04:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

flaky pastry case with a chicken tikka filling , its a UK thing!!!( chicken tikka is an Indian dish)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I found two French fries on a gourmet burger this week.

So I ate them.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: davina61 on December 07, 2018, 01:54:10 PM
flaky pastry case with a chicken tikka filling , its a UK thing!!!( chicken tikka is an Indian dish)
Thanks!  We have a lot of people from India here, but I never heard this word.  It might be they call it different here, who knows?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 07, 2018, 06:34:01 PM
I found two French fries on a gourmet burger this week.

So I ate them.

Chrissy
I had fish & chips today.  With which chips around here are, of course, French Fries (and I ate every one of them)

•  

Lisa89125

A regular for me in the past. Now a rarity. I'd guess several months ago.

I am going to have steak and fries for New Years. ;D

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Kylo

Found out the local Olive Garden actually does French Fries. This is the best news in the county all year.

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I had one crinkle cut French fry yesterday.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

dee82

Had a bowl of them last Sunday. They are my "go to" simple treat food. Trying to cut back after my doctor told me my cholesterol levels are too high.  :(

~Dee.
  •  

Linde

Yesterday, with a nice fish basket at Culvers!  Boy were they ever sooooooo tasty!

•  

TonyaW

Actually don't remember.  Used to be a staple food for me but fries and bread are two things I cut way back on when I started calorie counting for the diet program I'm using.  Still eat them, but not as often and have to limit the how many also.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: TonyaW on December 12, 2018, 07:25:57 AM
Actually don't remember.  Used to be a staple food for me but fries and bread are two things I cut way back on when I started calorie counting for the diet program I'm using.  Still eat them, but not as often and have to limit the how many also.

I know, calorie counting sucks!  You can't eat all the good stuff, because sugar, fat, and salt are taste enhancers, and either sugar or salt are always paired with fat!.  Even veggies taste good is enough salt and fat is used to prepare them!

I just started with the counting, and I start to dislike almost every meal!
But I will stick with it!  I just bought some real nice jeans, and discovered that I have a muffin top!  Terrible!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on December 12, 2018, 02:53:58 PM
I know, calorie counting sucks!  You can't eat all the good stuff, because sugar, fat, and salt are taste enhancers, and either sugar or salt are always paired with fat!.  Even veggies taste good is enough salt and fat is used to prepare them!

But I will stick with it!  I just bought some real nice jeans, and discovered that I have a muffin top!  Terrible!

I had one, just one French fry, today.  Same thing happened two days ago.  Low carbs and calories if you eat just one!

Chrissy
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Dietlind on December 12, 2018, 02:53:58 PM

At least with spiro we can put salt on our salt. 
My calorie tracker says my blood pressure should be sky high because of all the salt I eat.

•  

Maid Marion

I have frequent blood tests so I've been able to tailor my diet with close medical supervision.  I compensate for fat by simply eating less. I order the small fries with my meals.  ;D  My blood pressure is typically 120/80 even if I salt my food to taste. 

I do my best to avoid anything that is a low fat, salt, or calorie version of something.  I cook with sugar, soy sauce, butter, salt, bacon fat, and  so on...  My doctor is perfectly happy with my diet, though she doesn't want me to lose any more weight.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: TonyaW on December 12, 2018, 03:42:37 PM
At least with spiro we can put salt on our salt. 
My calorie tracker says my blood pressure should be sky high because of all the salt I eat.

I've craved salt my entire life, yet I was constantly warned to avoid it due to blood pressure problems. So I heard the Hallelujah Chorus when my doc told me my sodium was low and I should eat more of it.

Yes, HRT has changed my life in so many wonderful ways! (Of course, when the spiro goes away after bottom surgery, I'll have to revert to that old bland menu. Fair tradeoff.)

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Maid Marion

Amazon sells blood pressure monitors for $30 if you want to see what raises your blood pressure.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Maid Marion on December 13, 2018, 06:06:15 AM
Amazon sells blood pressure monitors for $30 if you want to see what raises your blood pressure.
You may as well use the gauge of your compressor to monitor your blood pressure, they are as accurate.  They might be used for trending measurements, for the case their values are consistent.

•  

Devlyn

Had French fries with a lobster roll in London tonight. Megan spoiled me rotten today.  :)
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Devlyn on December 13, 2018, 03:01:21 PM
Had French fries with a lobster roll in London tonight. Megan spoiled me rotten today.  :)

Lucky you!

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

I had home made fries (cut from scratch ) and home made hamburger,at one of my girl friends house!  Was a nice treat!

•