News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How to do this hair?

Started by Nbj, January 23, 2018, 12:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nbj

Hi!

So, I've found a hair style/cut i really really love [picture attached] , and i think it would suit me... The problem ia i have no idea how to do it. Does Somebody here have some hair knowledge and could give some guidelines or tips? As for tools I have hair dresser scissors and an electric hair cutter/razor with lenght up to 4 cm.

Thanks for any tips!

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

Looks like it was blown forward with a hair drier to me.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Nbj

Quote from: Laurie on January 23, 2018, 01:25:23 PM
Looks like it was blown forward with a hair drier to me.
Ohh, okay, ! That's something i never thought about, since i do not (yet) have a hair dryer. But good to know.
Thank you!

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Nbj on January 27, 2018, 06:25:30 AM
Ohh, okay, ! That's something i never thought about, since i do not (yet) have a hair dryer. But good to know.
Thank you!

I need to buy me one since my nephew's wife took hers home.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica

This is similar to what I have asked my hairdresser to style when it gets longer in a month or so.  Right now she has me brushing my hair straight back and the let it fall forward, letting it lay as it will.  Just doing that now makes for a nice androgynous look.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Nbj

Quote from: Jessica on January 27, 2018, 12:49:43 PM
This is similar to what I have asked my hairdresser to style when it gets longer in a month or so.  Right now she has me brushing my hair straight back and the let it fall forward, letting it lay as it will.  Just doing that now makes for a nice androgynous look.
Oww, you seem to have an understanding hair dresser, pordon if this is a wrong assumption on my side. I, unfortunately, live in a very small town, with only few hair dressers and most of them very  old fashion way of thinking, at least when it comes to gender and hairstyle it seems...
Anyways, you guys just gave me the idea of looking for a personal hair dresser.. Like, someone who's still in training but wants to gain experience and therfore offers hair cuts privately as well...

•  

DawnOday

How they going to keep you down on the farm after you visit the big city? Sort of like representing yourself in court is a bad idea. So would be cutting your own hair in any other style than a buzz cut. I've tried cutting my own hair and it was not pretty. You may have more talent than I and I hope so. But you might consider going downtown for the cut and initial style so you can see how the hairdresser does it.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Nbj

Quote from: DawnOday on January 27, 2018, 02:10:43 PM
But you might consider going downtown for the cut and initial style so you can see how the hairdresser does it.

Thinking about it, that's a good idea. I'm going to the capital next weekend anyway, maybe I'll find some tg/nb friendly hairdresser on the web ao that I know beforehand, where to go. Damn, now I'm excited. Thanks for the idea!

•  

DawnOday

Quote from: Nbj on January 29, 2018, 09:18:17 AM

Thinking about it, that's a good idea. I'm going to the capital next weekend anyway, maybe I'll find some tg/nb friendly hairdresser on the web ao that I know beforehand, where to go. Damn, now I'm excited. Thanks for the idea!

Unfortunately not all trans friendly establishment promote their friendliness for fear of losing bible thumping customers. Unfortunately there are not enough of us to compensate for the loss.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•