Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Sarah's New World

Started by sarah1972, January 25, 2018, 12:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

Well done with going to all your gym visits. And VERY well done with not letting the Twerking deter you from the Zumba class. If you make the effort to go to the gym regularly, it will become habit and be easier to want to go. I should listen to my own advise and sign up to the local gym again. You are starting to inspire me with your positive attitude.

Jayne

•  

sarah1972

Quote from: Jayne01 on April 27, 2018, 11:40:36 AM
Well done with going to all your gym visits. And VERY well done with not letting the Twerking deter you from the Zumba class. If you make the effort to go to the gym regularly, it will become habit and be easier to want to go. I should listen to my own advise and sign up to the local gym again. You are starting to inspire me with your positive attitude.

Jayne
Ha - the twerking was quite a distraction but not a deterrent. Guess I should train a bit at home.

I can always use a virtual Gym Buddy!

I have noticed that even with the little I have done so far, it is becoming harder to reach my target heart rate.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Snipped... my comments in RED:
    Quote from: sarah1972 on April 27, 2018, 11:27:37 AM
    Apr. 27 - Gym Update

I have been really in a bad mental state this week for so many reasons, so I am especially proud that I made it to the Gym 4 times this week! Gym and the regular updates in the "Hunted Prey" Thread keeps me going this week.
      **Good for you, getting to the gym 4 times in a week... at most I go 2 times a week but usually just one.

First three times was getting used to it with slow increases in workout. Between 30 and 60 minutes split between cardio and a few machines I picked for core and lower back strength (and to get rid of the fat deposits there). Today I then decided to go a bit crazy and went for a 60 minute Zumba Class.
    **Oh yeah, slow increases in workout difficultly for sure.  Hmm, Zumba can be crazy fast and super energetic.

OMG, this was awkward. First of all: I thought I signed up for Zumba not a Twerking Class. It was also not a beginners class and I stepped into a group which already had the full routine down.
    I pulled up my big girl panties and opened the door realizing that "Step Aerobic on the Wii" and "Slow Dance in middle school" are really not a good base for a fast pace Zumba class.
    **Ahhh, mistake not going into a beginners class... yes awkward... you probably felt like you had 2 left feet.... I have been there, I understand.

I also decided to use this more for a character study to add to the interesting people I keep seeing in the Gym. Here are some highlights

• The one guy who sits on the two machines next to the entrance to the women's locker room for hours every day. Only small movements and eyes partially closed but you know he is looking.
    • All the guys who seem to live in the gym (big muscles and a six pack) - so not my type but they think they are the best and look down on all the newbies like me
    • The regulars - OMG some are really so nicely toned with cute curves in all the right places. Others look just great and all the hard work they put into this has paid off. (now talking about girls)
    **ahhh, the male lurkers, particuarly suspicious it the guy at the entrance to the women's locker room.  If it were to become uncomfortable, a talk to the manager could solve the problem, or rather, his problem.
    **Well, the guys that seem to live there... they sound like the guy in the gym I have mentioned, Suitor#2.
    **Hmmm, the regulars,guys and the gals especially,killer curves and way too much energy.

Zumba adds even more to the dynamic, especially since it was an all female group.

• Two had a smaller cup size than I do (yeah, I have to admit I did compare)
    • The last row in the gym had the flashy neon colored workout tops (including me)
    • I was not the only one not able to keep up - made me feel less bad about myself.
    **I really don't compare cup size a lot, I am a C-cup and I have all that I care to have... many of the heavy duty workout gals do not have a lot of boobage.
    **Yes, for sure, the gym scene can be a fashion center and a place to display one's self.
    **Exactly, not everyone can keep up, that is nice to see especially if we can't keep up.

[/list]

One of the other girls waved "bye - see you next time" - at least this was nice.
    **Perhaps some new friends to buddy up with?
    I hope I can keep up with this. I may not be able to continue 4 times a week, but i do not want to fall below 3 either.
    **That is a wonderful goal. I can not devote more than 2 days a week to the gym.

Now I'll go back fighting hormonal emotions of a 14 year old and try to catch up with work. Have to prepare for overnight maintenance at a customer :-(
    **Hmm, a cold shower is always a good option.

Sarah:  This was a great update, thank you for sharing your gym experiences,really not too much different than my own.  Please keep your updates coming!!! :)
    Hugs,
    Danielle
    ****Help support this website by:
    Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
    to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
      Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
               I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                      A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                                 Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
    I started HRT March 2015 and
    I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
    I love living in a small town in Alaska
    I am 44 years old and Single
    •  

sarah1972

Thanks, @Alaskan Danielle  for taking the time and writing such a long response. I know you have so many other things on your mind right now and I hope it does not drive you crazy. Not much to add. I do not have the time either, but there are a few reasons why I try to go that often. Some parts may become more transparent in the next post, in other parts it is to bridge the time to become warm enough to swim a few times a week, usually late at night after work is all done.
    Oh – and cold showers don't help right now, may need to try filling my bathtub with ice cubes. ;D

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on April 27, 2018, 05:10:58 PM

Sarah:  This was a great update, thank you for sharing your gym experiences,really not too much different than my own.  Please keep your updates coming!!! :)
    Hugs,
    Danielle

•  

sarah1972

Apr 28 – the dark side.

Here I am – pretty much two years ago I joined Susan's.

And I should be thrilled. My wife stuck around, I have a beautiful kid, I am full-time and out to almost everyone, and I have yet to experience any adverse reaction. I have a good paying job and over the last few months have been gendered correctly – even by strangers – almost 100%.

I should be dancing, singing and be just my happy self. And on the outside, I am for the most part.

Behind all the pretty dresses and the makeup, there is a different world. One where I am feeling almost as bad as 2 + years ago. A world where I curl up in my bed crying at random times of the day. A world where I am stuck and depressed. And a world where I make no progress. Nowhere.

Over the past few weeks, it has reached a tipping point where I am considering myself to be barely functional. Where really bad thoughts came back; thoughts I had hoped I had left behind. In a nutshell – another severe episode of depression.

I am still not sure of the source or the trigger this time, and there are multiple components to it. Earlier this year I had to endure some pretty severe emotional abuse on a work assignment. It was not trans related, but I ended with a ten-day episode of the worst migraines ever. Initially, I did not think much about it, but I later realized that this had brought back long-buried memories of an emotionally abusive relationship (my only bad one I have had).

Then puberty kicked in with a vengeance. My physical appearance became a huge issue and the 10 lbs I have added since the beginning of the year. I had kept my weight somewhat stable for almost a year. Not where I wanted it, but at least stable. I hate not having curves, and when I got a few new bras, I realized that after 15 months I had not even made it to an A cup. Typical 14-year-old stuff. And more drama I will not share but instead try to drown in cold showers.

Add to this that I continually feeling exhausted and tired.

My transition progress is stuck. Name/gender change is a nightmare several years out unless Germany finally changes some laws. While I initially thought I would not get any genital dysphoria, now I really want to have surgery. Also several years out.

I have big fears of not being healthy enough to enjoy my time as Sarah and to be fit enough for surgery.

I always feel guilty for the pain I have inflicted on my wife. She is trying so hard to be supportive, but I do now she hurts very much.

Work is not going to well either; I am struggling with being asked to pretty much only do background administrative work which is a waste of my talents. So I have a hard time motivating myself. And I used to be an 80 hour/week person.

All of these struggles, in the end, lead to me not having energy, and of course, things are piling up left and right.
    I am trying to pull myself out of this. Joining the Gym was one step to help get fit for the future, get my body in better shape, and hopefully, physical activity is supposed to fight depression.  My Therapist has unfortunately not been too helpful.

Sorry for dumping this mess on all of you. Maybe writing down my thoughts helps sorting things out.

I am not sure how to continue this journey; I also cannot go back from the mess I created. 

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: sarah1972 on April 28, 2018, 02:13:21 AM
    Apr 28 – the dark side.

Here I am – pretty much two years ago I joined Susan's.

And I should be thrilled. My wife stuck around, I have a beautiful kid, I am full-time and out to almost everyone, and I have yet to experience any adverse reaction. I have a good paying job and over the last few months have been gendered correctly – even by strangers – almost 100%.

I should be dancing, singing and be just my happy self. And on the outside, I am for the most part.

Behind all the pretty dresses and the makeup, there is a different world. One where I am feeling almost as bad as 2 + years ago. A world where I curl up in my bed crying at random times of the day. A world where I am stuck and depressed. And a world where I make no progress. Nowhere.

Over the past few weeks, it has reached a tipping point where I am considering myself to be barely functional. Where really bad thoughts came back; thoughts I had hoped I had left behind. In a nutshell – another severe episode of depression.

I am still not sure of the source or the trigger this time, and there are multiple components to it. Earlier this year I had to endure some pretty severe emotional abuse on a work assignment. It was not trans related, but I ended with a ten-day episode of the worst migraines ever. Initially, I did not think much about it, but I later realized that this had brought back long-buried memories of an emotionally abusive relationship (my only bad one I have had).

Then puberty kicked in with a vengeance. My physical appearance became a huge issue and the 10 lbs I have added since the beginning of the year. I had kept my weight somewhat stable for almost a year. Not where I wanted it, but at least stable. I hate not having curves, and when I got a few new bras, I realized that after 15 months I had not even made it to an A cup. Typical 14-year-old stuff. And more drama I will not share but instead try to drown in cold showers.

Add to this that I continually feeling exhausted and tired.

My transition progress is stuck. Name/gender change is a nightmare several years out unless Germany finally changes some laws. While I initially thought I would not get any genital dysphoria, now I really want to have surgery. Also several years out.

I have big fears of not being healthy enough to enjoy my time as Sarah and to be fit enough for surgery.

I always feel guilty for the pain I have inflicted on my wife. She is trying so hard to be supportive, but I do now she hurts very much.

Work is not going to well either; I am struggling with being asked to pretty much only do background administrative work which is a waste of my talents. So I have a hard time motivating myself. And I used to be an 80 hour/week person.

All of these struggles, in the end, lead to me not having energy, and of course, things are piling up left and right.
    I am trying to pull myself out of this. Joining the Gym was one step to help get fit for the future, get my body in better shape, and hopefully, physical activity is supposed to fight depression.  My Therapist has unfortunately not been too helpful.

Sorry for dumping this mess on all of you. Maybe writing down my thoughts helps sorting things out.

I am not sure how to continue this journey; I also cannot go back from the mess I created.
    Sarah, I am sorry you find yourself in this situation. (((((HUG)))))
    Let me start by saying that you have nothing to feel guilty about. Your wife has stuck by you because she loves you. I don't believe she is blaming you for any of the pain she is feeling. I am in a similar place with my wife. Yes, her pain is real and should be recognised, but it is not your doing. Ask yourself what kind of person would you be if you did not transition. Would that person be better for your wife? My guess is no. I wish I could give you a good solution, but I am also in need of that same solution for me and my wife. I am trusting that our love for each other will get us through these hard times. I have high hopes for a happy future for the two of us.....together. I am hoping the same for you. Blaming yourself and feeling guilty for something you have no control over doesn't help the situation.

With your work, is it an option to make your concerns known and ask for more challenging work better suited to your talents?

You are doing great with the gym. Keep at it. It is a good way to get your mind off things and it will keep you fit and healthy. Try not to focus on things that are out of your control. For example, the name change. Governments work in mysterious ways that often don't make sense. Concentrate on what you can control. Your health and fitness, supporting your wife and child, researching and preparing yourself for possible surgery. Maybe even think about looking for a more rewarding job.

Definitely do not listen to those really bad thoughts. You are feeling depression which I can totally relate to. Ride out this storm. Like all storms in nature, this one will pass too. You don't need to apologise for dumping. That's what we are here for. Dump as much as you need to.

How do you continue this journey? I don't know. You will find a way but not from a place of depression. The first thing you need to do is get yourself out of this depression, then you can make other decisions with a clear mind. We can try to help you as much as possible on here.

Hang in there. I have complete confidence in you to get through this. Feel free to PM me anytime if you wish to speak in private.

Jayne
    •  

Megan.

Awww hun, have a big <hug>.

Firstly, if you think you feel your therapist isn't helping you then raise it with them. Changing to another might be an option.

Secondly, hormones! Welcome to the curling-up-in-ball-and-crying-for-no-reason club! Maybe speak with your GP and check they are in a good range,  but yes, girls do this,  and I reckon a good cry is great... after [emoji23]

Thirdly, yes, the weight thing sucks. Mine's been creeping up too, I'm currently too heavy for surgery. I've (just today) started a Keto diet. Some others here do seem to have had some success with it, that along with exercise will get you where you want to be, but it'll take time and commitment.

Keep strong, life has its ups and downs, it'll pick up again. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

Dear Sarah:   I am sending you positive vibes, lots of big HUGS and I will be thinking of you constantly as I follow your progress with all that is going on in your life.
    Hang in there girl....  Life has a way of knocking us down, but it is like falling off of a horse, you gotta climb back on and continue riding.  The transition journey affects us in every way possible, relationships, family, job, etc, etc. 
    I will be following your updates as soon as you post them.
    Hugs, and more hugs... and as always I am wishing you well.
    Warmly,
    Danielle

•  

Laurie

Hi Sarah,

Yes, girl it does sound like you have some problems. As Jayne told you there are those you can do something about and those that you cannot. It's always been a practice to not worry about those you have no control over. The latter you just have to accept and continue on to those you can do something about. And again as Jayne (hate having to give her credit...not) said that depression has to be gotten out of first and ASAP. You followed where depression was leading me and believe me girl you don't want to go there. Fortunately there is something you can do about it. If your therapist isn't helping find one that can. You might even bring up an antidepressant. I can vouch that they can work to help get you out of those depressed thoughts. Just look what they did for me. As for your wife, I should just shut up... but maybe rekindling your love affair with her might help. Take her out. Do something special with her. Let her know how much she means to you. Woo her again.
        Just posting here about it is taking a step towards a solution as you are looking for help and sharing the load at least in a small way. You are also welcome to contact me if you need someone to talk to. You have my number.

Luvs ya girl.

Hugs,
       Laurie
    April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
    December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
    December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
    November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
    May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
    May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
    Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
    Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
    May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
    May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
    Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jayne01

Sarah,

Just to add to what Laurie said (I don't want to agree with her either, she might get the wrong idea about me [emoji12]).

Woo your wife again. Show her that you are still the same person she fell in love with all those years ago, you are just in a different outer wrapper now. You and I seem in a similar position in this regard. I find myself making attempts to sweep my wife off her feet as I once did. It's a little different now because we are already in love and married, but it is also reigniting sparks that were fading because of the dark clouds I had looming over me. Discovering I am trans has actually brought my wife and I closer together and we are going through the process of falling in love again only this time I am my true self. It's not easy, but it is sooooo worth it.

Find a way out of your depression first. Depression has a nasty way of making obstacles along our path seem much bigger than they really are. You can do this. I know Laurie has, and I have too, fallen into that dark pit. Believe us when we tell you, there is nothing good down there. Follow us out of this dark place, we know the way. You know the way too. You have felt the bright, warm sun on your face. It is beautiful outside. Come out and show the world the beautiful Sarah you know you are and help make the world a little brighter. You have lots of friends here cheering for you.

(((((HUG)))))

Jayne
    •  

sarah1972

Apr 28 - Post Meltdown

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read through my meltdown last night. Also many thanks to @Jayne01, @Megan., @Alaskan Danielle and @Laurie for the tremendous effort you put in your responses and your encouragement. I have read every single one and will respond in a bit more detail soon.  I am a bit better today.

I also realized one issue I was just too blind to see: I had been put on a short term medication a few weeks ago which is well known for causing anxiety attacks, severe depression and more. Only 6 weeks left and I really cannot wait until it is over. I hope if I ever need it again, that there is a much better alternative. I am very convinced that this is part of what caused last night.

So much in short, more soon. Thank you so much for being around to catch me, I hope I can one day re-pay this favor.

Hugs and love...

Sarah

•  

Bari Jo

I just missed helping, but still want to offer my support. I'm very much the junior and have many of the issues you do also.  I can really only offer hugs and say it's okay to cry it out sometimes.  As for the low feelings, I have found talking about them has helped me dramatically.  I used to bottle these things up, but that got me nowhere, now I talk things out with friends and family.  It really makes me feel better, and I think our relationships are stronger too. Anyway, I hope my limited experience can help.

Bari Jo
    you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
    11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
    9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
    6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
    Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
    Age 10 - suppression and denial began
    Age 8 - knew I was different
    •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on April 28, 2018, 10:20:52 PM
    Apr 28 - Post Meltdown

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read through my meltdown last night. Also many thanks to @Jayne01, @Megan., @Alaskan Danielle and @Laurie for the tremendous effort you put in your responses and your encouragement. I have read every single one and will respond in a bit more detail soon.  I am a bit better today.

I also realized one issue I was just too blind to see: I had been put on a short term medication a few weeks ago which is well known for causing anxiety attacks, severe depression and more. Only 6 weeks left and I really cannot wait until it is over. I hope if I ever need it again, that there is a much better alternative. I am very convinced that this is part of what caused last night.

So much in short, more soon. Thank you so much for being around to catch me, I hope I can one day re-pay this favor.

Hugs and love...

Sarah

@sarah1972     Sarah, I am so very happy and glad to see that you are posting again after the meltdown ....and as you mentioned in your previous post reply...
    Quote"Sorry for dumping this mess on all of you. Maybe writing down my thoughts helps sorting things out."

I always like to write out my feelings and find it most helpful when going through a personal tough time...  I like to write some of that on my posts here but if they get really personal I write it in my personal journal... I have kept personal journals since my Junior High days... they were called a Diary back then

When I decided to transition in my very early 30's I started a dedicated personal journal documenting my decision process, my frustrations, my failures, my good times, my successes.... my problems with my family and old friends not accepting me, my old job problems and issues relating to my transition plans, my HRT progress, coming out and finally going full-time, etc, etc.

The private personal journal I prefer to keep is old school pen and paper... I feel more comfortable and more willing to share my deepest feelings by actually putting my thoughts on paper... along with appropriate doodling of course... and some selected photos.... and I have kept it updated with frequent and current up to date entrees now that I have moved to my new job, my new town, and my new friends..... and of course my new Suitors are mentioned as well along with my interactions with all of my friends here on Susan's Place.

****I said all of this to let you and others know that it really does help to write things out, explore your feelings and thoughts... and get it out of your system... plus it can be edifying to read later, even years later as you review your life path.

Hugs to you Sarah..... I know that you will get through this tough spot in your life...
    I will be looking for your updates.... please stay positive and optimistic.
    Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: sarah1972 on April 28, 2018, 10:20:52 PM
    Apr 28 - Post Meltdown

Hugs and love...

Sarah
    Sarah, it is wonderful to see you back and feeling better. It is also good news that there is a very good chance that the medication may behind some of your depressed feelings. Not good that you are actually feeling depressed, but good that you have identified the outside influence. I hope that when you get off the meds, these feelings disappear. I don't have personal experience with any medication that can cause depression. I wonder if you can use this as an opportunity to learn how to manage depression (even if it is artificially induced), so that if you ever find yourself in this position in the future without being on the medication, you will be in a very good place to beat it. Is it an option to switch to an alternative medication now, so you don't have to suffer for another 6 weeks? Maybe it's worth talking it over with your doctor.

I am glad that we have been able to help you in some way.

I hope you feel back to your normal self soon. We are still here to help whenever you need it.

Jayne
    •  

Kendra

Sarah, sorry I didn't catch your post earlier.  I am glad you are now feeling better and identified one of the factors potentially causing this. 

In years past I tried to compensate for depression by drinking too much alcohol (which is ironically a depressant), eating too much (which had consequences I found depressing), and being too busy to see a doctor for 15 years - not even a routine checkup.  Now I have the community here and life is so much better.  And a much better handle on health care.

I agree with Jayne.  Let your doctor know you might have had an adverse reaction, they may have an alternative prescription for you.
    Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
    •  

sarah1972

Apr 29 – Busy week ahead

Thanks again for all your heartfelt responses over the weekend. I am still trying to process all of them. While I am much better, it will take a bit to get out of this deep hole. At least the weekend was good, and I did stay busy with kids activities, shopping, laundry (4 loads), partial cooking and beginning to get our yard ready for the summer. Now I do feel I did accomplish at least a few things and it does feel good.

After some consideration, I will not write a lengthy response to everyone's posts here. All your posts do say all there is to say right now an I just have to get over the next six weeks.

So, I will try to return this thread to normal... Not sure when I have the time for an update with a very busy week ahead. Between another dentist appointment to finish last weeks work, therapy, gym, more yard work and my usual tasks this week will be over in no time. Oh – and then there is a one day trip to Connecticut Wednesday. Have to leave the house by 3:30 AM and will be back home by 11:00 PM.

I hope I do not ditch the gym. Especially considering I am out of town Wednesday... Glad to have all of you to keep me on track!

•  

Laurie

We will be watching for that next update Sarah. You don't get off Scott free. You are to come post when you are having a difficult time with life. No if and or buts. You will do it. We cannot help you if you do not let us know you need help.

Hugs,
      Laurie
    April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
    December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
    December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
    November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
    May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
    May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
    Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
    Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
    May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
    May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
    Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Laurie on April 29, 2018, 11:48:18 PM
       We will be watching for that next update Sarah. You don't get off Scott free. You are to come post when you are having a difficult time with life. No if and or buts. You will do it. We cannot help you if you do not let us know you need help.

Hugs,
      Laurie
    Oh darn it! I am going to have to agree with Laurie again. People will start to talk!

I just want to say we are here to help when you need it and enjoy the good times when you do not need help. Either way, we are here, so keep posting as much as you want, whether it be good times or difficult times.

Take care of yourself. Oh, don't start putting ideas into your head about skipping out on the gym. It is doing you good, for both your physical and mental health.

Jayne
    •  

sarah1972

Ha! No worries, Mrs. Laurie - I'll keep writing crazy posts. Maybe an Amtrak character study this time? Watching my ups and downs, it may be a few months but I fear there may be another meltdown in my future. And you will hear all about it ;D

Jayne - I made some big plan this WE and I need to be in really good physical health for those... so thanks for kicking my butt preemptively.

And of course: Thanks for offering to help if needed :-) There are moments where I debate if being so emotional is really good. Then I think, yes it is. I do not want to go back to my old life. This girl has just started conquering the world. One step at a time. In 3 inch heels.

Quote from: Jayne01 on April 30, 2018, 12:00:17 AM
    Quote from: Laurie on April 29, 2018, 11:48:18 PM

Hugs,
      Laurie
    Oh darn it! I am going to have to agree with Laurie again. People will start to talk!

I just want to say we are here to help when you need it and enjoy the good times when you do not need help. Either way, we are here, so keep posting as much as you want, whether it be good times or difficult times.

Take care of yourself. Oh, don't start putting ideas into your head about skipping out on the gym. It is doing you good, for both your physical and mental health.

Jayne

•  

sarah1972

1 out of 3 done....

Not sure if it was the fear of getting in trouble with Jayne & Laurie OR the curiosity of the creepy guy is sitting at the entrance of the women's locker again. Of course he did.

Speaking of - I never updated this thread on my "locker room fear": 5 visit, 5 x locker room. I am still very nervous and try to hide in a corner. At least showers are private and I did use the restroom in there. Oh - and one time my wife was with me. So, this is getting easier too.

This time I was smarter and decided to go to the gym before going to the dentist. At least I thought it is smarter. My kiddo could not decide which shoes to wear (wonder where she got that from), so we were late for daycare and I was late for the gym. Still did 45 minutes and then got stuck in traffic. So I ended up at the dentist in my gym cloths. Not the worst.

Oh and yes, the sweater says "BABES UNITE"  ;D

Given that I do not want draw attention and blend in, I realized, my gym outfits are a bit too flashy and a bit too tight. But then... I don't care. I am a proud trans women.

Quote from: Jayne01 on April 30, 2018, 12:00:17 AM

Jayne

•