Main Menu

Sarah's New World

Started by sarah1972, January 25, 2018, 12:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarah1972

May 29 - random thoughts

I think there is a new trend here to post 3 random thoughts, so here we go:

On Facebook I would select "Sarah - is feeling Silly"

#1: If I would be a vegetable, I would be a cute-cumber (I know, soooo bad but I cannot forget since I heard it)

#2: Where did I see this really cute dress and where can I get a skort for Zumba?

#3: Never knew female hygiene articles are considered gifts. Maybe I can stock up on sale, wrap them nicely and give it to my cis friends?

Have a great new week everyone!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Jayne01

Oh no....... a cute-cumber? that is soooo bad! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: sarah1972 on May 29, 2018, 08:02:55 AM
>#3: Never knew female hygiene articles are considered gifts. Maybe I can stock up on sale, wrap them nicely and give it to my cis friends?

That'd be wingin' it. 
Post-GCS I found the ones without wings are best.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on May 29, 2018, 08:02:55 AM
May 29 - random thoughts

I think there is a new trend here to post 3 random thoughts, so here we go:

On Facebook I would select "Sarah - is feeling Silly"

#1: If I would be a vegetable, I would be a cute-cumber (I know, soooo bad but I cannot forget since I heard it)

#2: Where did I see this really cute dress and where can I get a skort for Zumba?

#3: Never knew female hygiene articles are considered gifts. Maybe I can stock up on sale, wrap them nicely and give it to my cis friends?

Have a great new week everyone!

Hugs,

Sarah
Sarah, very nice to see your happy update on your thread.

Oh yeah,  "random and unrelated thoughts". ... I think that @Roll  ELLIE started that on her thread a couple days ago.
When I get all caught up with work after trying to recover from my holiday vacation I will surely have many l more than just 3 random thoughts to tell everyone about...
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 29, 2018, 09:47:58 AM

Oh yeah,  "random and unrelated thoughts". ... I think that @Roll  ELLIE started that on her thread a couple days ago.
When I get all caught up with work after trying to recover from my holiday vacation I will surely have many l more than just 3 random thoughts to tell everyone about...
Hugs,
Danielle

I haven't been keeping up too well with being slammed the past few days with family visiting and my step mom's surgery, did people really adopt my 3 random things that was itself totally random post? :D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

sarah1972

Quote from: Roll on May 29, 2018, 10:25:45 AM
I haven't been keeping up too well with being slammed the past few days with family visiting and my step mom's surgery, did people really adopt my 3 random things that was itself totally random post? :D

Aww... Sorry for stealing your idea @Roll. I thought it was funny, so I wanted to continue :D Hope you don't mind!

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 29, 2018, 09:47:58 AM

Hugs,
Danielle
I can't wait for your 3 random thoughts @Alaskan Danielle - but first, take all the time you need to recover from your hiking weekend.

Oh - there are many more random thoughts in my head... some of which would get me in real hot waters here :D Maybe I share a few more in the next few days :-)

Quote from: Kendra on May 29, 2018, 09:43:11 AM
That'd be wingin' it. 
Post-GCS I found the ones without wings are best.
Hahaha, nice pun!

Yeah, there are so many more thoughts and questions I have on this topic, starting with the question if they can make music too. Could we get Kotex to follow Sephora and offer free classes?
And lastly the odd memory of the strangest question I ever got: "Do Trans-women use tampons?" Not sure if the person wanted to mock me or if she had a genuine interest. I did feel compelled to provide a long answer...

•  

sarah1972

May 30 - Early Morning Gym Shocker

So, today I had one of these strange moments where my heart almost stopped beating... I was done with my workout and sat down for a minute in the locker room to check on work drama emails when one of the employees of the gym came in and announced "Ladies, there will be a guy in your locker room!". Multiple times. My brain started racing and played through all the possible scenarios.  Of course, I just kept my head down, stared at my phone when I heard the second part "It is the maintenance guy turning on the Sauna". OMG... Everyone scrambled to get somewhat covered.
That was a bit too much of a scare early in the morning. I just grabbed my stuff, changed shoes and left for the moment. Not sure I really need to be worried, so far no problems, but who knows.

Reminds me, I have not talked about the gym in a while.

Yeah, I am still at it. Still 2 - 3 times per week. Still doing my steps. This week weather was finally well enough for me to start swimming. So far I am back at 1/2 mile but I want to increase within a week to about a mile 3 - 4 times per week. Lucky enough, swimming counts into my 10k step challenge. I certainly notice the effects. Once I am back from Germany I may splurge on a few personal trainer lessons.
Oh - and the former "creepy" guy has now been reclassified... He is just a total character. The gym is just such a great place for character studies.

It is a somewhat odd place, they have close to 200 cardio related machines (treadmill, cross trainer, stepper etc), three studios (one is for spin class), a basketball court and an indoor pool. Add to that a lot of weight machines and you get the picture. So one of these giant places. Unfortunately, anything different in our area is unaffordable, there are a few very niche boutique places but we would not fit in there.
The class schedule is a bit annoying, most classes are during the workday and they have a lot fewer classes than some of their other locations. I may need to go to one of the other locations if I want to do another class.

On some trans-related news: My facial skin has certainly changed a lot recently. So much softer and smoother.

Two more weeks until we leave for vacation! One more work trip (New York) end of next week.

Tiem for me to catch some sleep... As usual: Stay classy Internet.

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Northern Star Girl

Sarah:    Great update and an "exciting" time for you at the gym with the "guy in the ladies locker room" scenario.   That is enough to give any trans-woman a heart attack or perhaps pee their pants.

It was nice to hear about your workout and exercise routines.   Oh, and the "creepy guy" in the gym is just a "character" now?   Does he still stay on the machine near the entrance to the womens locker room?  (that sounds creepy to me)   In my gym the "creepy" guy there is finally leaving me alone... I can thank my gym girlfriend group for that and being my bodyguards.

Oh, Sarah, that is such great news about the good changes in your facial skin.

ahhhhh, vacation coming up for you..... the anticipation of vacations is certainly a way to keep motivated at work until then.

Again.... great update.   Get a restful sleep tonight.
Hugs,
Daniellle

•  

sarah1972

June 2nd - Soccer Mom

Sometimes I wonder if it is worth posting updates about boring normal life and I am torn about it. I do however believe that normal is something many of us hope for and seeing that being trans and having a normal life might be encouraging.

So... what is going on in my life?

It is Saturday 2:00 AM and I am monitoring a large system upgrade at one of our customers. Fun. Progress bars, database migrations and more hotfixes to deploy. We may get lucky and it will all be over in a bit.

Over the Summer our little town has a concert series Friday nights and we put kiddo in the radio flyer, texted her daycare buddy and all met for some great music and running around while the U.S. Navy Band Country Current played some nice music. And this soccer mom right in the middle. In a skirt, flats and a cute top (yeah, Hot Mommy #2 is back.) Once again one of these events where I am just being seen as one of the moms. The only issue was 90F and it felt like 85% humidity, I would have qualified for a "hot and sweaty" picture after running behind two kiddos...

"All my Ex's live in Texas" threw me off for a moment... hahaha... yes, there is a (one) Ex in Texas.

More of the same fun tomorrow when the local Moms Inc. has their annual summer party (yeah!!) hope it will not be a washout, there is more rain announced.

Besides that... 13 year wedding anniversary! Went for a nice lunch together and I am truly lucky she has not run away yet. I also take it as a good sign that we still go and celebrate this day.

Next week will be busy, a two-day work trip to New York (with Girls Night Out) and then prepare for the Germany vacation to see our families... They all get to meet Sarah for the first time.

That is it for now... Now I need to troubleshoot a few issues, apparently, the upgrade did not all go as planned :-(

Hugs, Sarah

•  

Jessica

Normal days that show you just living life is never boring.  It reminds us that there is more to living than transition.  It grounds us to reality, rather than getting lost in a dream.
Not that anyone can't live the dream, one has to live reality too.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Good morning Sarah:    I am not quite the early bird (or night owl) that you are...  although I was up about an hour and a half ago at 5:30am this morning, my time.
Hmmm, you sure appear to burn the candle at both ends... there are times that I do that as well, but long term it does indeed have an impact on my disposition. 

It is now 7:00am here and I am heading to my office for just this moroing... a half day... after all it is Saturday.  It is supposed to be a beautiful sunny day here with temperatures getting in the warm range... up to 65 degrees today...  tank top and shorts maybe going for a walk around town or on the nearby trails through the woods here???   

No way are your updates boring, curious folks like me enjoy following other's lives and their goings on....  I like to see and read about the activities of my friends  (i.e. YOU).  Please keep your thread going and updated frequently even if nothing earth shaking is happening I enjoy reading your thread.

Well, your 2:00AM system upgrade for your customer... your are definitely burning the midnight oil.   I was doing that for well over a month or two during March and April with the tax time work rush at my office.  Those late nights can really take a toll on our bodies and mind. 

You upcoming activities sound fun....
*The Summer concert series on Friday nights sounds like a nice family event....
*and of course the annual summer Party for Mom's Inc.....   Be certain to post your picture there as Hot Mama #2
*Your New York business trip with a Girls Night Out sounds fun. 
* And your upcoming vacation back to Germany to introduce you and your wife's family and friends there to "Sarah" for the first time....  I am crossing my fingers for you that all goes well.

Congratulations of your 13th Wedding Anniversary....  Kudos to you and your wife for sticking together through all of your life events together. .... and many more happy wedding anniversaries to come.

Again, Sarah, thank you for posting your thread update  .... so sorry the computer system upgrade did not go as well as your thread update.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: sarah1972 on June 02, 2018, 01:52:44 AM
June 2nd - Soccer Mom

Sometimes I wonder if it is worth posting updates about boring normal life and I am torn about it. I do however believe that normal is something many of us hope for and seeing that being trans and having a normal life might be encouraging.

So... what is going on in my life?

It is Saturday 2:00 AM and I am monitoring a large system upgrade at one of our customers. Fun. Progress bars, database migrations and more hotfixes to deploy. We may get lucky and it will all be over in a bit.

Over the Summer our little town has a concert series Friday nights and we put kiddo in the radio flyer, texted her daycare buddy and all met for some great music and running around while the U.S. Navy Band Country Current played some nice music. And this soccer mom right in the middle. In a skirt, flats and a cute top (yeah, Hot Mommy #2 is back.) Once again one of these events where I am just being seen as one of the moms. The only issue was 90F and it felt like 85% humidity, I would have qualified for a "hot and sweaty" picture after running behind two kiddos...

"All my Ex's live in Texas" threw me off for a moment... hahaha... yes, there is a (one) Ex in Texas.

More of the same fun tomorrow when the local Moms Inc. has their annual summer party (yeah!!) hope it will not be a washout, there is more rain announced.

Besides that... 13 year wedding anniversary! Went for a nice lunch together and I am truly lucky she has not run away yet. I also take it as a good sign that we still go and celebrate this day.

Next week will be busy, a two-day work trip to New York (with Girls Night Out) and then prepare for the Germany vacation to see our families... They all get to meet Sarah for the first time.

That is it for now... Now I need to troubleshoot a few issues, apparently, the upgrade did not all go as planned :-(

Hugs, Sarah
Hi there Soccer Mum! (Yes, Mum is spelt with a U [emoji16] )

Of course it is worth posting "boring" normal life stuff. Not only does it give hope to those of us who are yet to reach that normal life, but you are a friend and many of us are interested in hearing about your life.

I'm with Danielle...how do you manage such a busy schedule? Not only does it seem like you are burning the candle at both ends, but it also seems like you are burning in it in the middle! If you are not working, you are being soccer Mum or going to the gym or late night runs. Sarah, I am in awe of your ability to juggle such a busy lifestyle.

Too bad your customer's upgrade didn't go as smoothly as you had hoped. I know the feeling of watching the progress bars, hoping it gets to the end without any problems and then an error pops up. It really sucks when it happens at 2 or 3 am.

The Friday night concert series sounds like fun. Hot Mommy #2 chasing after Kiddo and her daycare buddy in the hot weather.... definitely sounds like it would qualify for a "hot and sweaty" picture.

Congratulations on your 13 year wedding anniversary. Your wife sounds like a really great lady, but she is also married to a really great lady, so it's no surprise she has chosen to stick around. My wife and I celebrate our 17th anniversary in September. It is always an occasion worth celebrating, even if it's just going out for a meal together.

Oh, I loooove New York! Hope your work trip goes well and have a great time at the girls night out. I hope the Germany vacation also goes well when the family meet Sarah. Got my fingers crossed for you.

Keep your "boring" updates coming!

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

June 2nd - Update

I feel like my dear readers deserve an update after I cut last nights post short.

I left off having to focus on the customer's system upgrade since we experienced a few hiccups which turned out to be nothing. After testing everything we could call it a night around 5:30 AM and I was in bed at 6:00 for two hours. A bit longer than expected but we added some additional maintenance to what we did last night. 6 hours is not too bad. I have had things go wrong and it took 30+ hours to fix them...

Overnight and weekend work is not uncommon, most of our customers use their systems 24/7 and it is hard to get any maintenance windows. While I am in the lucky situation that I can delegate a lot of these upgrades to my team, there are always a few I want to do myself. Long customer relationship and their high profile status is one thing, the other is to keep my feet on the ground. At least to some degree. One thing I have learned is that once you get into management, it is way too easy to lose touch with the real world.

The Moms Inc. summer party was postponed to Monday due to rain so we ended up spending most of the day at home. Kiddo and I had some quality cuddling time and took some super cute pictures of us, later we spent quite some time building Lego houses.  I did not join her for music class

I think I had mentioned I caught a cold... which now morphed into a full-on sinus infection, so I am somewhat handicapped these days, hope it will pass soon. It really limits my ability to get anything done. Maybe one of the old male things I should keep around is the "man-flu" 😂😂

Thanks for your concern about my busy schedule @Jayne01 and @Alaskan Danielle. There is a lot to it, a lot I am not ready to share here in public. Most days I try to spend some time with kiddo after daycare. Then I just continue working at night or just do a bit of household like folding laundry.

Mostly I can live on 5 - 6 hours of sleep but it does catch up on me. Not a good thing to lose weight and I also think it is a vicious cycle with some of my depressive episodes. Anyways, it is what it is until I can figure a few things out.

Tomorrow will be big laundry day for me, I am really running low on clothes now. I m still a bit short on summer clothing.

Hugs to all of you!

Sarah

•  

Jessica

Sounds like it's time for a clothes shopping spree!  Summers here!

Quote from: sarah1972 on June 02, 2018, 09:41:32 PM
June 2nd - Update

Tomorrow will be big laundry day for me, I am really running low on clothes now. I m still a bit short on summer clothing.

Hugs to all of you!

Sarah

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

sarah1972

June 3rd - Passing and Facebook

After so much normal, it may be time for a more trans related post...

This has been on my mind for quite a while: How much does having a 2-year-old kid affect your passing? Especially when I am alone with her? Am I seen as her mom even tough if I where alone I may have a harder time passing? Is having a kid helping? Sometimes I do believe it does help and I have had clear situations where I was called her mom simply because I was the woman with her. Not sure I will ever know the answer to this.

Well, Facebook is taking an interesting turn. As my regular readers know, I have only changed my gender marker on Facebook but nothing else. Last weekend my wife had posted a picture of me - it was somewhat obscured, so it could have gone both ways. I was allowed to post a selfie and this weekend I did get the OK to post a picture of me and kiddo I took yesterday. Again, somewhat obscured. Apparently, a few people now start asking questions. Given that a lot of things I like and share are trans related, it is pretty obvious what is going on. Guess the day I cannot hide it is closer than I think.

Besides that? It was way warmer in Fairbanks, AK than it was here (by about 10 F) and it was another rainy day. More Lego building and indoor activities.

And as a last follow up to my sleep and it being a vicious cycle... only 7 days of good sleep last month, guess I should not be surprised how I feel.

OK, back to folding laundry.

Hugs everyone! Stay classy Internet!

Sarah

•  

Jayne01

Hi Sarah,
Good news that the upgrade hiccups were not anything major and you managed to slip in some extra maintenance while you were there. A 24/7 operation doesn't leave much time for maintenance, I guess you take whatever opportunities present themselves.

Too bad the summer party got rained out. At least you got to spend quality time with Kiddo. LEGO is so much fun! My wife and I recently went birthday present shopping for my 3 year old niece. We kept looking at all the different LEGO in the store trying to find something. We said that it would be good to have some LEGO at home for when our niece visits, for "her" to play with. The reality is we want to play with it ourselves. [emoji23]

Sorry your cold got worse. A sinus infection does not sound pleasant. You sure you aren't just making excuses to skip on the gym? I better give you a POKE just in case. [emoji16] I do hope you feel better soon.

Running low on clothes sounds like a good reason to go shopping. Wait for me! I'll be right over.....

—————

I think you might be right about a young child helping with passing. I strongly believe that most people are not very observant. If they see a woman and child, the natural assumption is that the woman is the child's mother. Also, their attention will probably be more focused on a cute 2 year old than the accompanying adult.

I have been avoiding Facebook all together. I have an account which I never use and I am worried that if I create a new account for Jayne, it will somehow link itself to my old account, outing me to everyone. You might be right about being fully outed sooner than you think through Facebook. I'm guessing that is what you want, otherwise you would not have changed the gender marker or posted any photos.

Oh goodie! More LEGO building. You are making me jealous. I am going to have to go to a toy store and treat myself to some LEGO blocks.

Try getting some more sleep. I'm sure you are doing the best you can with your busy schedule. Being sleep deprived definitely catches up on you.

Thank you for your updates. I am always looking forward to read about how you are going.

BIG Hug!
Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

June 8th - Meeting with a view and updates

My dear readers, many of you may have noticed a bit of a break I took from posting here and I appreciate some of your reaching out to check in. Things are mostly fine, I just had to become better about time slicing my day. Between family, work, transition, and fitness there was very little time left and looking at my sleep tracker made me realize I need to change a few things. Looking at my day, I all the sudden realized how much time I spend on social media. While I love being on Susan's I am planning to be much more mindful of my time spent here. I caught myself writing the same message for over two hours. I am not leaving, just reducing my activity a little bit.

Last time I posted was on Sunday while folding laundry. Wow. Finished at 3:30 AM. Wow. I think this was really the trigger for me to tip back a bit.

Right now I am on a train from New York home. Meetings ended a bit early and I could re-book to get home a bit earlier. Some of the saved hours will go down the drain in rush hour traffic, but I am still home significantly earlier than planned.

Pretty nice having meetings on the 27th floor in New York :-)

The morning started pretty wild... I just typed the hotel name into Google Maps and started walking, happy that it was only a few blocks. Arrived, was greeted by a lovely concierge (female) and tried to check in... Wrong hotel ;D;D;D... Concierge intercepted me on my way out and started hitting on me in a very, very sweet way... hahaha... Not even 30 minutes in town and this happens. Asked my plans for the day and the evening, go a bit touchy-feely.... and to be clear, not in the usual concierge way, this was hitting on me. Made me smile a lot.

Last night I had a nice Dinner with a coworker at Havana Central at Times Square. A really awesome "Girls Night Out". Little bit of work chat and then the "girl" stuff started: Her crushes, my crushes, puberty, One Direction. Fashion choices, fitness... Sometimes having teeny emotions in my age is fun... I can legally drink too!!! (And yes, there where fruity drinks with little umbrellas involved - sorry @Jayne01  And a lot about my transition. I told her about my quest to find a cis-female mentor. She offered to help as much as she can (so sweet of her) and then went on to giving me a bunch of tips. Telling me that I pass so well that there is no need to overdo it by being too girly - guess I was lucky having decided not to wear the hot pants I had just bought ;D ;D.

Since it was a workday, we called it pretty early, I got back into my hotel and had to deal with a bit of work crisis. Part of my job is to step in in cases of a customer in crisis mode. Something I am usually pretty good at, and now having a team allows me to delegate a few things too. Also had to catch up with some of my other girlfriends... (Yeah, girls chat a LOT more)

Besides that, the week was one I rather forget. Between a fight at home, a fight at work and one of our cats being in the ER for two nights, a fairly expensive car service, a sinus infection and a few other things, I am really looking forward to the weekend. One thing did get me through the week: @Alaskan Danielle's approach to happiness. Being busy also takes my mind off the constant thinking about transition. AT the moment there is nothing else I can do besides living, so that is what I need to focus on these days.

The 10,000 step challenge at work ended June 4th as well. Overall I did pretty well, on average above 10k steps for a total of 315,419 logged steps. Given that my usual average is around 4k, this is. great improvement. Unfortunately so far no effect on my body weight. Sinus infection did not allow for swimming and even gym visits were skipped or reduced to a light workout. I am still at it, which makes me happy. During my Germany trip, I just have to compensate with more walking. Much easier in the big city :D

The weekend will be mostly preparations for our trip to Germany.

So much for now, got to catch up on work e-mails for a bit.

Stay classy Internet.

Hugs - Sarah

•  

Jayne01

Whaaaaaat!!!!! Fruity drinks AND umbrellas and I don't get an invite????? I guess I'll let you get away with it, given the distance between us. When we do finally meet, I want an umbrella in my drink! [emoji23]

Glad your meeting finished early and you can get home quicker. What an awesome view you had. How could you concentrate on work without staring out the window?

Yea, I agree with you cutting back on something's to better manage your days. You have been burning the candle at both ends lately and it has caught up with you.

I gotta run of myself now......I wanted to reply to your post quickly, let you know you have my support always.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

June 11th - Odds and Ends

Just a few random things today.

The weekend was great, met with an old co-worker who had a 6-hour layover in town and we took him on a sightseeing tour through Washington, DC. Besides that the usual toddler music class and then starting to plan out more of our trip to Germany beginning this Friday. Still so much to organize from cell phones, data plans to puzzle together a calendar to maximize who we can meet in only a few days. The weekends will be cornered by family get-togethers, first my wife and then my family. Both of which know about Sarah but have never met Sarah in person. I don't expect any issues. I was warned about one uncle who could either make a few stupid comments or could get handsy depending on his alcohol level. We will see, I am well trained in avoiding him anyways.

Speaking of odd encounters: So far I have been lucky that I never had any negative reactions. I knew this streak has to end at some point. And while I still got away pretty well, I did get a really disgusted look when I picked up food Saturday night at a local burger place. We usually order there at least once a month and they have been really great so far. This time it was all new staff and the guy at the register somehow clocked me and let me feel how disgusted he was. I really don't care much,  I was prepared for this to happen at some point.

Also, a comment my wife made totally made up for this: We talked to friends of ours on the phone trying to arrange a get-together in Berlin. We ended up deciding to meet at their place and they ended up saying I should be a bit careful in their neighborhood. My wife immediately chimed in: Unless someone knows me from the past, there is very little chance of me getting made, I do look so female.

Everything else is an up and down. Overall, the glass is 3/4 full right now. I may just take a smaller glass, then it is full.  ;D

Oh - I have not posted a gym picture in a while. Here you go... I realize I look pretty destroyed :D... Hey, this is life.

Stay classy internet!!

Hugs

Sarah

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on June 11, 2018, 10:45:58 AM
June 11th - Odds and Ends

Just a few random things today.

The weekend was great, met with an old co-worker who had a 6-hour layover in town and we took him on a sightseeing tour through Washington, DC. Besides that the usual toddler music class and then starting to plan out more of our trip to Germany beginning this Friday. Still so much to organize from cell phones, data plans to puzzle together a calendar to maximize who we can meet in only a few days. The weekends will be cornered by family get-togethers, first my wife and then my family. Both of which know about Sarah but have never met Sarah in person. I don't expect any issues. I was warned about one uncle who could either make a few stupid comments or could get handsy depending on his alcohol level. We will see, I am well trained in avoiding him anyways.

Speaking of odd encounters: So far I have been lucky that I never had any negative reactions. I knew this streak has to end at some point. And while I still got away pretty well, I did get a really disgusted look when I picked up food Saturday night at a local burger place. We usually order there at least once a month and they have been really great so far. This time it was all new staff and the guy at the register somehow clocked me and let me feel how disgusted he was. I really don't care much,  I was prepared for this to happen at some point.

Also, a comment my wife made totally made up for this: We talked to friends of ours on the phone trying to arrange a get-together in Berlin. We ended up deciding to meet at their place and they ended up saying I should be a bit careful in their neighborhood. My wife immediately chimed in: Unless someone knows me from the past, there is very little chance of me getting made, I do look so female.

Everything else is an up and down. Overall, the glass is 3/4 full right now. I may just take a smaller glass, then it is full.  ;D

Oh - I have not posted a gym picture in a while. Here you go... I realize I look pretty destroyed :D... Hey, this is life.

Stay classy internet!!

Hugs

Sarah

Dear Sarah:
Thank you for sharing your latest update. 
It is so nice to hear about how your wife supports and encourages you.... and for you to hear all the nice things that she says to you.   As you know, you are very fortunate in that regard....   acceptance of spouses of thier transgender partners can the most difficult issues to deal with.  It is wonderful to hear the stories from you and others here that have a supporting spouse.  You are very fortunate indeed.

I am certain that you certainly know how you will handle the "handsy" uncle.... from how you stated that,  it sounds like that even without alcohol involved he may still have "roaming" hands.   Kicking him you know where if it gets to be a problem.

The new cashier at the Burger Place....possibly clocking you,  just ignore him like you are doing...  and go on keeping your "glass full"

Hey, I like the "hot and sweaty" gym picture.... but what happened to that bright orange top that you had worn in previous gym pictures???    I notice these things.

Keep on keeping on.   As as you are preparing for you Germany trip, be certain to pack all that you will need.  Women of course require a twice as big suitcase versus Men....  but you know that because you have already done traveling as a full-timer.  It is fun to think about of course.

Again, thank you for keeping your thread and your readers updated... and thank you for posting your latest picture.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•