Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Sarah's New World

Started by sarah1972, January 25, 2018, 12:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarah1972

July 6th - Catching up

I guess I do owe an update to my readers.

There is not much new I want to report here. I did have my 6 months OBGYN checkup today. I did get my E dosage increased a little bit since I was at the lowest end of the target range. Everything else seems to be fine. Due to the dosage change, I also got another pass on the mammogram since she is hoping for more feminization now. Apparently, my T is on the higher side, so we discussed how to address that.

I did post about my 4th of July in @Alaskan Danielle 's Hunted Prey thread, here is a quick repeat:
Thanks, @Alaskan Danielle For asking. I hope your BBQ was a great hit and I can't wait to read the report on it.

So my 4th of July plans took an odd turn. We have been late inviting people from the get-go and most already had plans, so we were left with two other families to join us. As usual, we were going crazy preparing food and I spent two days pressure washing the house, driveway, and deck as well as cleaning up the yard. All of this while our area was under an excessive heat warning (up to 107 F heat index, 41C and real temps of up to 99F / 37C, so I looked like a hot sweaty mess) and finally our yard and house looked like we can let people again. Things we have simply neglected in favor of spending time with our kiddo.

So... One of the invited families did get stuck moving houses and the other canceled around 11:00 AM right when we set out to start cooking. With all the heat, we actually saw it as a blessing in disguise and stopped any further work. Ended up going to a local event for kids but discovered that 15-minute lines for 2 minutes in the bounce house are not worth it and we ended hanging at the pool for a bit before receding into air-conditioned rooms again. Thanks to Willis Carrier for inventing the AC.

We will cook the prepared rotisserie pork roast over the weekend when temperatures go down.

Besides that? I had one of the toughest therapy sessions in a long time and there is a lot I need to think about and consider. I am not sure how much I will be posting until all this is figured out and I did regain some basic control of myself.

In the meantime I wish all of you the best, stay strong and keep trucking!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Jayne01

Hey girl,

Here is big (((((HUG)))))

Thanks for updating your thread to let your fan fan club know what you're up to. Sorry you had such a tough therapy session. Take as much time as you need to think things through. You know how to reach me, I'm always here for you.

Stay strong and hang in there.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Kendra

Sarah, occasionally stepping back and taking time to plan things out is a great thing.  I've found the decision to pause and think is sometimes more difficult than the task itself.  I know you'll do well. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

sarah1972

Uggghhh.... 15 people in line. No, not for free ice cream... for the ladies room!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

@the Zoo

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on July 07, 2018, 02:37:32 PM
Uggghhh.... 15 people in line. No, not for free ice cream... for the ladies room!

@the Zoo

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah... well that is certainly one of the very few advantages of being a male... the shorter restroom lines.  hang on, don't wet your pants.
At the Zoo with your family or just with kiddo???
How are the temperatures there today???? 
Here it is 63 degrees and a few little rain showers... I'll take it!!!
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

sarah1972

Yes, the male restroom did not have a line. But in a colorful summer dress this was not an option. I barely made it. I need to get used to calculate a 10 minute wait into the mix. Spiro does make this even worse...

A few weeks ago, I was wearing shorts and a t-short style top and decided to skip the long line for the male restroom. I still got so many odd looks and I felt so uncomfortable in the men's room. Never again. I just don't belong there any more.

All three of us went to the Zoo today, it was a nice refreshing 80F (26C) and pretty dry air. What a change from 100F with high humidity.

Hot Mommy #2 and Kiddo waiting for Hot Mommy #1 coming back with ice cream...

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 07, 2018, 02:57:38 PM
@sarah1972
Dear Sarah... well that is certainly one of the very few advantages of being a male... the shorter restroom lines.  hang on, don't wet your pants.
At the Zoo with your family or just with kiddo???
How are the temperatures there today???? 
Here it is 63 degrees and a few little rain showers... I'll take it!!!
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Hi Sarah,

Looking good there girl! Glad the temperature cooled down from the heatwave a few days ago. Did Kiddo have fun at the zoo? Ice cream is always a nice treat.....for everyone, not only Kiddo.

15 minutes waiting for the bathroom! Yikes! Sounds like a recipe for an unfortunate incident. I have a solution for you, without having to use the male bathroom. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

July 8th - My List

I think I'll start my own numbered list. A list of creepy and odd encounters with men since I am full time. All the assigned numbers are immediately retired. I'll only include memorable moments. There have been a few nice attempts of guys hitting on me too.

I'll recap #1, and #2 before I'll talk about #3

#1 was a mid 20's nerdy guy working the checkout at my local computer store. He kept asking about my afternoon plans and pointed out his shift will be over soon. Yeah, I am not a cougar.

#2 was the odd incident where some guy sitting next to me in a hotel bar had to show off pictures of his privates.

#3 is the latest and he wanted to immediately marry me. Happened this afternoon. I had stopped at a convenience store to get a drink on my way to Home Depot. The parking lot was pretty empty, besides my car only a beat up black truck with the hood open was there. The owner hollered over how hot it is. Since I was busy texting with @Jayne01 I did not react. So he walks over and repeats his comment which I kindly confirmed expecting to be asked for a dollar. Instead, he inquires: "Are you married?" Which I confirmed. He was really disappointed which he pointed out along with stating that he would marry me if I ever become available. Ugh. No, No and No again. Has he not heard that a woman wants to be courted for a while?

I am sure this list will grow. 

After each encounter, I keep thinking "You do not know what you would be in for" and at the same time I am lucky that this was all so far. Aside from the car slowly following me when jogging at night once.

Aside from being married, I still prefer women anyways. They are much sweeter and more subtle.

Besides that? Almost finished my little yard project, short 3 stones and a bag of sand. Home Depot was disappointing: Not a single person asked to help while I was loading my cart with almost 1,000lbs and then load that into my car.

The added E seems to be helping a bit, I hope it remains that way.

Have a great week everyone,

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: sarah1972 on July 08, 2018, 11:04:23 PM
July 8th - My List

I think I'll start my own numbered list. A list of creepy and odd encounters with men since I am full time. All the assigned numbers are immediately retired. I'll only include memorable moments. There have been a few nice attempts of guys hitting on me too.

I'll recap #1, and #2 before I'll talk about #3

#1 was a mid 20's nerdy guy working the checkout at my local computer store. He kept asking about my afternoon plans and pointed out his shift will be over soon. Yeah, I am not a cougar.

#2 was the odd incident where some guy sitting next to me in a hotel bar had to show off pictures of his privates.

#3 is the latest and he wanted to immediately marry me. Happened this afternoon. I had stopped at a convenience store to get a drink on my way to Home Depot. The parking lot was pretty empty, besides my car only a beat up black truck with the hood open was there. The owner hollered over how hot it is. Since I was busy texting with @Jayne01 I did not react. So he walks over and repeats his comment which I kindly confirmed expecting to be asked for a dollar. Instead, he inquires: "Are you married?" Which I confirmed. He was really disappointed which he pointed out along with stating that he would marry me if I ever become available. Ugh. No, No and No again. Has he not heard that a woman wants to be courted for a while?

I am sure this list will grow. 

After each encounter, I keep thinking "You do not know what you would be in for" and at the same time I am lucky that this was all so far. Aside from the car slowly following me when jogging at night once.

Aside from being married, I still prefer women anyways. They are much sweeter and more subtle.

Besides that? Almost finished my little yard project, short 3 stones and a bag of sand. Home Depot was disappointing: Not a single person asked to help while I was loading my cart with almost 1,000lbs and then load that into my car.

The added E seems to be helping a bit, I hope it remains that way.

Have a great week everyone,

Hugs,

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

The odd and creepy list! Interesting!

I have an image in my head of #1 nerdy guy using every ounce of courage to talk to the hot mommy who graced his checkout. The poor kid was probably heart broken. [emoji23]

#2 was just downright creepy. Eeeeewwww!!

#3 was quite bold with his proposal.

How rude of the Home Depot staff not offering a lady some help with all that heavy lifting! Glad your yard project is progressing well.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:   Assigning number designations to your mostly unpleasant and unwelcome encounters with the males that you come across sounds amazingly similar to my method of keeping track of my suitors.

It is interesting and quite a coincidence that your #2 was described in about the same way
as my creepy gym guy Suitor #2  ...
*** I like how @Jayne01 described your #2...   "#2 was just downright creepy. Eeeeewwww!!"

The number designations really help all of your readers and followers to keep track of your "exploits"  !!

From time to time I accidently mix my numbers up so it is good that I review it on my thread occasionally.  I think you might consider doing the same... but you can not use the same number again for others... but you can keep adding numbers of course.

Thank you for posting.... very interesting!!!!!
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

sarah1972

@Alaskan Danielle
Dear Danielle - Thanks for your nice reply, I did not mean to steal your idea. Sometimes my engineering mind comes through and I am usually a fan of numbered lists. I cannot compete with your list, you have a majority of positive experiences and you have made some great friends.
I am also in a completely different stage of my life being married and having kids.   

Ewww... your #2 sounds way more creepy than before.

I'll keep my list limited to the creepy encounters. And admittedly, even though they are creepy they were also to some degree "affirming" my womanhood. So far I have not met any ">-bleeped-<s". Even though it is somewhat affirming, it always left me with an odd feeling afterward and I increased my situational awareness. Most cis women I know go through similar experiences on a regular basis. It seems to be part of being a woman. Maybe a bit more since I still feel I stick out. I am really trying hard to blend in but then there is also the strong need to feel feminine.

Even more affirming are the nice and flirty incidents I have not included. There was a female concierge in NY asking me out very nicely and very flirty. There was a guy at a deli insisting I was at the same New Years party he attended - I did not even notice his attempts to flirt after a 14 hour work day until my friend bumped me and told me about his flirting. There was a nice female flight attendant I chatted with for a long time in a hotel, she even managed for me to let down my guard and I gave her contact info (she never contacted me).
But again, while I enjoy receiving such flirty attempts, I am dealing with enough and I am in a stage of my life where dating is just not going to happen. I am trying hard to get everything back on track at home.

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 09, 2018, 01:12:28 AM
@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:   Assigning number designations to your mostly unpleasant and unwelcome encounters with the males that you come across sounds amazingly similar to my method of keeping track of my suitors.

It is interesting and quite a coincidence that your #2 was described in about the same way
as my creepy gym guy Suitor #2  ...
*** I like how @Jayne01 described your #2...   "#2 was just downright creepy. Eeeeewwww!!"

The number designations really help all of your readers and followers to keep track of your "exploits"  !!

From time to time I accidently mix my numbers up so it is good that I review it on my thread occasionally.  I think you might consider doing the same... but you can not use the same number again for others... but you can keep adding numbers of course.

Thank you for posting.... very interesting!!!!!
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

steph2.0

Oh, Sarah, you should enjoy the affirmation - as long as it doesn't get too creepy. At nearly 60, I can count the number of times I had a guy say something nice to me on one finger. Literally. Even if you have no intention of acting on those encounters, they give a nice indicator on how well you're doing.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jayne01

Sarah, I like your avatar. You look like a cute and cuddly teddy bear! [emoji16]

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

Hahaha... I like cute and cuddly. Guess bear shaped is much better than being called pregnant.

Now back to pickles and ice cream.

Hugs, Sarah

Quote from: Jayne01 on July 09, 2018, 08:49:09 PM
Sarah, I like your avatar. You look like a cute and cuddly teddy bear! [emoji16]

Hugs,
Jayne

•  

Jayne01

Mmmmm pickles and ice cream!

I just ate scrambled eggs with chopped sliced chicken mixed in for breakfast. Something about chicken and eggs mixed together seems wrong [emoji23]
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jayne01 on July 09, 2018, 09:14:48 PM

I just ate scrambled eggs with chopped sliced chicken mixed in for breakfast. Something about chicken and eggs mixed together seems wrong [emoji23]

@Jayne01   @sarah1972

My favorite weird thing with pickles
is a sliced dill pickle and peanut butter sandwich.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jayne01 on July 09, 2018, 09:14:48 PM

So... when you ate it, which came first?

Silly Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Steph2.0 on July 09, 2018, 09:29:57 PM
So... when you ate it, which came first?

Silly Stephanie

I don't know. I was thinking the same thing as I was eating. The answer was too hard to figure out for my pretty little head. It tasted good though.

Jayne
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah: The word I just got from a good friend of mine that is somewhere near your area for a few days at a conference is that it was 96 degrees there yesterday....

Yesterday, here, it never got above the mid-60's ... that is a 30+ degrees delta... Wowzers!!!

Today is a good day for you and your family to go to an air conditioned mall, or perhaps the swimming pool... or just stay home in your Air Conditioning.   Well, it is just 10:00am there now so it will be somewhat cool until early afternoon when things will really heat up.

Hugs and COOL well wishes,
Danielle

•  

sarah1972

@Alaskan Danielle:

Thanks for your nice post and your concern. I am very sorry about your friend, especially if they are not used to this kind of temperatures. What makes everything worse is that our area usually has very high humidity. There is a lot of talk about the "swamp" in my area but it turns out that it is somewhat of a legend that Washington, DC is built on a swamp.

The current heat wave has been going on for a while now and we have seen temperatures close to 100 F (107F with heat index). The weekend was fairly nice (compared), only about 80 F each day, so we could enjoy the Zoo and I did a yard project on Sunday, now we are back to mid 90's. Also somewhat common in the summer. This year, the stretch of extreme temperature seems to be longer than usual.

We try to stay cool and I am grateful to be able to afford an air-conditioned home.  The pool has hit 90F last week, so the cooling effect is somewhat limited, but we try to go every day. Especially to allow our kiddo to burn off energy, she is really getting antsy if she cannot run around for at least one hour every day, but the temperatures are too dangerous. Maybe the mall is really a good idea. Or I have to take her to the gym and set the treadmill to high speed for her.

Oh, and of course, having to wear some level of top and a bra outside along with the long hair is also not really helping. I did order a new bikini at least for the pool. We do have a really nice yard but we rarely use it due to the weather.

We also had several days of bad air quality, I have an AQM (Air Quality Monitor) close by, and I have seen it go to "Very unhealthy" a few times in the past two weeks. The ozone and general pollution add to it and the local weather service advises against prolonged outdoor activity.

I have a very limited "operating temperature" range, in the summer it is between 74F and 80 F. But right now, I would really prefer 60's.

I also have to admit that I am complaining on a very high note here, compared to friends I have in Arizona (near 100F) and Dubai (109F right now), it is almost cold here.

I hope you are not cold and can enjoy the clean and fresh air!

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 11, 2018, 09:10:57 AM
@sarah1972
Dear Sarah: The word I just got from a good friend of mine that is somewhere near your area for a few days at a conference is that it was 96 degrees there yesterday....

Yesterday, here, it never got above the mid-60's ... that is a 30+ degrees delta... Wowzers!!!

Today is a good day for you and your family to go to an air conditioned mall, or perhaps the swimming pool... or just stay home in your Air Conditioning.   Well, it is just 10:00am there now so it will be somewhat cool until early afternoon when things will really heat up.

Hugs and COOL well wishes,
Danielle

•