News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Sarah's New World

Started by sarah1972, January 25, 2018, 12:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarah1972

July 31st - New York

Funny enough - not much to report. Typical business trip... getting up, travel to meetings, attend meetings, go to the hotel, have dinner, sleep, more meetings and travel home.

Well... Dinner was so absolutely lovely. When I have a chance in New York I meet with one of my girlfriends from work and we usually end up chatting away for a few hours, catching each other up on our lives. This is always the highlight for my New York trips. Just some nice extensive girl talk... And yes, a little bit of fruity drink...
We skipped the dancing 💃🏽, I was still exhausted from a cold over the weekend. Maybe next time...

Followed by some more girl talk with my BFF 💜

On one of my next trips, I am considering a trip to the Langone Center...

This was just another Sarah being Sarah trip. It is all so normal now, in most parts I do not even think anymore, it just happens automatically and I would most likely not know how to be a man again.

I am starting to get smarter about packing my bags, I usually pack last minute, and I am much better about packing efficient. no more 5 pairs of shoes for a business trip. 2 pairs and some flats for backup. The makeup bag for such short trips is just bare minimum, and often times function replaces fancy. I really hate lugging luggage...

Oh- and no worries, no additions to the creepy guy list 😂. As usual, I keep my situational awareness up but it is getting into a normal female range.

This is it - Hugs, Sarah

•  

Northern Star Girl

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:   Thank your for posting your good news report, except of course for skipping the dancing... but like you said, maybe next time.

I am glad to see that you are learning the tricks of the trade with packing your bags....  so many things a girl needs on a trip but we do need to budget our suitcase space carefully.... and if you are on a trip and need something that you forgot to pack or find out that you want something,..... well, you have your Credit Card !!!!! ;)

Oh, and I am also glad that you are being more careful about your emotions.... you don't want to add guys to your creepy list.    But, as you know, when I was with my gym girls group at our regualar workouts....
my Creepy Guy Suitor #2 ... approached me unannounced, unwanted, and unsolicited....  this stuff happens, that is why I was glad that I was with my group, they swooped in and kept him away from me.   We also need to do things in groups many times to be safe.   Safety in numbers, as they say.

Thank your for your update,
Hugs and Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: sarah1972 on July 31, 2018, 05:45:22 PM
July 31st - New York

Funny enough - not much to report. Typical business trip... getting up, travel to meetings, attend meetings, go to the hotel, have dinner, sleep, more meetings and travel home.

Well... Dinner was so absolutely lovely. When I have a chance in New York I meet with one of my girlfriends from work and we usually end up chatting away for a few hours, catching each other up on our lives. This is always the highlight for my New York trips. Just some nice extensive girl talk... And yes, a little bit of fruity drink...
We skipped the dancing [emoji1437], I was still exhausted from a cold over the weekend. Maybe next time...

Followed by some more girl talk with my BFF [emoji171]

On one of my next trips, I am considering a trip to the Langone Center...

This was just another Sarah being Sarah trip. It is all so normal now, in most parts I do not even think anymore, it just happens automatically and I would most likely not know how to be a man again.

I am starting to get smarter about packing my bags, I usually pack last minute, and I am much better about packing efficient. no more 5 pairs of shoes for a business trip. 2 pairs and some flats for backup. The makeup bag for such short trips is just bare minimum, and often times function replaces fancy. I really hate lugging luggage...

Oh- and no worries, no additions to the creepy guy list [emoji23]. As usual, I keep my situational awareness up but it is getting into a normal female range.

This is it - Hugs, Sarah

Hey there Sarah,
I've noticed it has been a while since I posted on your thread.

I love the playhouse you built for Kiddo. I am soooooo jealous. Makes me want to be a little girl just so I could play in it. I don't remember such awesome toys when I was a kid. Children these days have the coolest toys! I bet Kiddo is loving it.

I'm glad you made some time on your business trip to catch up with your friend for girl talk (and fruity drinks [emoji126][emoji126][emoji126] ). Sounds like a lot of fun. [emoji16] Sorry you had a cold to tire you out. I hope you are feeling better.

And then girl talk with your BFF [emoji171] is always a load of fun.

I love how you say Sarah being Sarah feels so normal without even thinking about it. Of course you don't know how to be a man. That is because you are a woman!

Packing smarter and lighter has an added benefit besides being easier to lug your luggage. It leaves space for any necessary shoe purchases made while you are away. [emoji16]

I am also glad no more creepy guys made it onto your list. It's not the kind of list you want to be long.

Keep in doing what you are doing. You are rocking it girl...

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Northern Star Girl

..... Just wondering....
... what is my forums friend @sarah1972 up to this weekend? ???

I am thinking that her readers and followers of her thread are due for an UPDATE !!!!!

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

sarah1972

Aug 6 - man flu or worse

Before I get in even more trouble for not updating my thread  ;D ;D ;D -

Not much going on in my life. I was fighting a cold all last week and over the weekend, I debated with my 💜BFF👩‍❤️‍👩 if I am still allowed to have a man flu.

Today I went to the doctor and the nurse wrote down all my symptoms. when the doctor came into the room, his first question was: "Do you feel like a truck run over you?" - I burst out laughing since I had to think of kiddo saying "Big Truck, Big Truck. Of course, laughing in my condition was not a good idea. He just looked at me and told me I have Pneumonia.
A quick check and his thought was confirmed.

Now I am on a high dose fast acting antibiotics for the next 10 days. Kiddo sounds similar then I do and my wife took her to the doctor to have her checked out too...

So, no man flu. Just run over by the pneumonia truck...

I still love how considerate the doctor's office is... They have "Sarah" on every piece of paper right next to my legal name and I overheard the receptionist speak of "Miss <last name>". I have a fairly uncommon last name for the US, so there is little doubt she was talking about me.

A few quiet days of sleep and hopefully I feel better.

Besides this? Not much new. My electrologist is back after her surgery and I was hoping to see her tomorrow. Have to cancel that. The doctor also advises canceling the gym for a week or two.

I guess - just another normal week behind me. normal should be good, right?

Hugs, Sarah

P.S. while I I gladly part with each and any part of masculinity.... I do want to keep man flu 😷 😂😂😂😂 ;D

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on August 06, 2018, 03:03:23 PM
Aug 6 - man flu or worse

Not much going on in my life. I was fighting a cold all last week and over the weekend, I debated with my 💜BFF👩‍❤️‍👩 if I am still allowed to have a man flu.

Today I went to the doctor and the nurse wrote down all my symptoms. when the doctor came into the room, his first question was: "Do you feel like a truck run over you?" - I burst out laughing since I had to think of kiddo saying "Big Truck, Big Truck. Of course, laughing in my condition was not a good idea. He just looked at me and told me I have Pneumonia.

Now I am on a high dose fast acting antibiotics for the next 10 days. Kiddo sounds similar then I do and my wife took her to the doctor to have her checked out too...

I still love how considerate the doctor's office is... They have "Sarah" on every piece of paper right next to my legal name and I overheard the receptionist speak of "Miss <last name>". I have a fairly uncommon last name for the US, so there is little doubt she was talking about me.

Besides this? Not much new. My electrologist is back after her surgery and I was hoping to see her tomorrow. Have to cancel that. The doctor also advises canceling the gym for a week or two.

Hugs, Sarah

P.S. while I I gladly part with each and any part of masculinity.... I do want to keep man flu 😷 😂😂😂😂 ;D

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah: 
You must have read my mind....   I had just started to compose a reply comment on your thread here to ask you what was happening in your life after your NYC business trip and also this last weekend.

Hmmm, man flu???   I don't think the Flu Germs really care, female or male, they are nasty bugs.... and what did you say the doctor said that you had....
       Pneumonia !!!!
OMG, that is definitely not a good thing.

So, what is the diagnosis and story with your wife and your kiddo... flu??? bad cold? ???

Yes, indeed, rest, lay low, no hard activities such as gym or your 10,000 steps... or anything out in the heat.  Stay in, stay comfortable, drink lots  (water), take your prescribed meds and get healed up.

That was nice about your visit with the doctor and their office... gendered correctly and considerate... wonderful for sure.   Certainly a very nice experience "Miss" Sarah.

So, next week you will probably bounce back to your normal healthy self, but still take it a little easy and follow your doctor's orders, you don't want this bouncing back on you.   

Ahhh, then next week you will be seeing your "electrocutionist"  ... how is the hair removal going for you so far???

Thank you for your awaited update... you just barely avoided getting a nasty gram message from me wondering where you are>????    It would have been a nice message or comment on your thread... nothing nasty, just me expressing concern.

Hugs, and get well soon.... and yes, normal is good.
Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Aug 6 - man flu or worse

Not much going on in my life. I was fighting a cold all last week and over the weekend, I debated with my [emoji171]BFF[emoji1299] if I am still allowed to have a man flu.

Hugs, Sarah

P.S. while I I gladly part with each and any part of masculinity.... I do want to keep man flu [emoji40] [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] ;D
Hey there Sarah! (((((HUG)))))

Sorry your (wo)man flu turned into pneumonia. That is not a nice feeling. As Nurse Danielle said, follow your doctor's instructions and avoid strenuous activities like the gym at least for a week. I won't give you any gym pokes until you are better. And make sure to take all your meds. You need to take the full course of antibiotics, even if you start feeling better before you are through the course.

I hope Kiddo and your wife don't also have pneumonia. Let Kiddo nurse you better. She is a good nurse. I remember when she went to get an ice pack to make your knee better when you banged it.

Your [emoji171]BFF[emoji1299] says you cannot have man flu. It is now woman flu. You can milk much more sympathy this way. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Feel better soon. I'll be thinking of you!

[emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

Awww - thanks @Alaskan Danielle and @Jayne01 for your sweet words and concerns. Yeah, a lot of sleep seems to be a good thing. I can barely make it down the stairs, so working is really limited.

So... The Results are in:

Hot Mommy #1: no cold and healthy.
Kiddo: Cold and a mild ear infection.
Hot Mommy #2: Pneumonia.

Yesterday I actually fainted and had to lay down in the morning and kiddo was super concerned. She brought me a pillow and a blanket, then grabbed a pillow for herself and lay down next to me. Every time I think about it I have tears running down my eyes. She is only 28 months old and soooo sweet.

@Alaskan Danielle - You asked about hair removal.

I have done 6 months of laser so far and it seems I have reached the limit of laser. Before I could start electrolysis, my technician needed a surgery which put a two months break on everything. I was supposed to start back up tomorrow. I have to admit, I am very lucky in general. I do not have a lot of body hair. Arms and legs I can get away with less shaving than an average cis-women. Just my face needs some work. I hope another 6 months of electrolysis and my face is done. I also plan to ask for genital hair removal. I know, not all surgeons require it but since I have not decided on a surgeon yet, it might be best to get a head start.

Thanks for pushing me Danielle - I know it is your big heart and general concern of not seeing your friends for a few days. If I have learned one thing is that having friends checking in on someone can be a lifesaver.
I have had to check in on friends and I have had the need to be checked on. Sometimes this has to go on for a few days, a few times a day. In the end - it did end well.

So, Thank you Danielle!

And of course, thank you to my 💜BFF👩‍❤️‍👩...

Time for some sleep,

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: sarah1972 on August 06, 2018, 05:28:00 PM
Awww - thanks @Alaskan Danielle and @Jayne01 for your sweet words and concerns. Yeah, a lot of sleep seems to be a good thing. I can barely make it down the stairs, so working is really limited.

So... The Results are in:

Hot Mommy #1: no cold and healthy.
Kiddo: Cold and a mild ear infection.
Hot Mommy #2: Pneumonia.

Yesterday I actually fainted and had to lay down in the morning and kiddo was super concerned. She brought me a pillow and a blanket, then grabbed a pillow for herself and lay down next to me. Every time I think about it I have tears running down my eyes. She is only 28 months old and soooo sweet.

@Alaskan Danielle - You asked about hair removal.

I have done 6 months of laser so far and it seems I have reached the limit of laser. Before I could start electrolysis, my technician needed a surgery which put a two months break on everything. I was supposed to start back up tomorrow. I have to admit, I am very lucky in general. I do not have a lot of body hair. Arms and legs I can get away with less shaving than an average cis-women. Just my face needs some work. I hope another 6 months of electrolysis and my face is done. I also plan to ask for genital hair removal. I know, not all surgeons require it but since I have not decided on a surgeon yet, it might be best to get a head start.

Thanks for pushing me Danielle - I know it is your big heart and general concern of not seeing your friends for a few days. If I have learned one thing is that having friends checking in on someone can be a lifesaver.
I have had to check in on friends and I have had the need to be checked on. Sometimes this has to go on for a few days, a few times a day. In the end - it did end well.

So, Thank you Danielle!

And of course, thank you to my [emoji171]BFF[emoji1299]...

Time for some sleep,

Hugs,

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

Glad to hear Hot Mommy #1 is healthy and Kiddo only has a cold and mild ear infection. I seem to remember ear infections to be quite common when I was a kid, is that still the case?

I am sorry you have pneumonia. That has got to really suck. It sounds unpleasant. Please feel better soon.

Kiddo is such a special child. I even have tears in my eyes reading about her sweet actions. I remember not too long ago she was nursing your knee with an ice pack she thought to retrieve from the fridge on her own. Please give her a great big hug from Mrs Jayne. She is so sweet.

Rest up and follow the instructions of Nurse Kiddo for a speedy recovery.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

LizK

Hugs, Sarah

P.S. while I I gladly part with each and any part of masculinity.... I do want to keep man flu

Hi Sarah pneumonia is not pleasant to be dealing with I hope you are feeling better soon. Its great to hear when other come across real human beings like the people at your Dr's office where they treat you with the respect and dignity you deserve. Great stuff.

Lets hope you can catch up with your face torturer soon to get some zapping done  :icon_yikes:

Take care
Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

sarah1972

OMG... OMG... What a sweet surprise

First time ever Sarah got some cute flowers - and even delivered!!!

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on August 07, 2018, 02:07:25 PM

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah: 
Wow-whee.....  super nice....   very terrific getting flowers...
I have a couple thoughts on who might have sent them to you.... 
Congratulations for sure... they will certainly help you to feel better while you are recovering !!!
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jayne01

Oh that is so sweet Sarah. I love the flowers. Did they come with a card? It looks like you have adopted some of Danielle's suspenseful writing skills..... who are they from?

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

steph2.0

That's so cool, Sarah! In the old days I didn't understand flowers. It seemed like such a waste. Now I "get" them - and the first time I got them I was in tears. The flowers are not just beautiful, but it's the special feeling they represent that make them so wonderful. Congratulations on having someone who cares enough to do such an awesome thing for you!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

sarah1972

Ugh - recovering from Pneumonia can take several weeks. Not good. While yesterday was a bit better, this morning I feel like a truck run over me again. climbing stairs or any other activity is still a challenge. Maybe I focus on binge-watching today. It is day 3 of the antibiotics and I really hope they take effect before the weekend, otherwise, I am looking at a hospital stay.

Yesterday was OK and I actually decided to go for electrolysis. Seems like I am very lucky, based on yesterdays progress my beautician estimates I should be mostly done in about 20 hours. Guess the 20 months of HRT and 6 months of laser prior did already make a difference. She also mentioned that the hair does come out easy. While it is uncomfortable, it is somewhat bearable so far but she already said she will numb my face once she get's closer to my lip and chin area. She had to do this even for laser, so she knows I am sensitive...

And of course, the highlight yesterday where the cute flowers my BFF💜 sent me!

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 07, 2018, 08:46:25 PM
That's so cool, Sarah! In the old days I didn't understand flowers. It seemed like such a waste. Now I "get" them - and the first time I got them I was in tears. The flowers are not just beautiful, but it's the special feeling they represent that make them so wonderful. Congratulations on having someone who cares enough to do such an awesome thing for you!

Stephanie

Ha @Steph2.0 - You are right, flowers are something to get used to for me as well - at least on the receiving end... I think the last time I got a flower I was not even 20, from a classmate. It is such a nice feeling !

My wife has asked on occasion if she now needs to get me flowers but her tone indicated that she did not like the idea, so I declined her offer. I am bringing flowers on occasion and do not plan to stop. This is one of the small parts of normality I can easily keep up with.

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 07, 2018, 03:12:39 PM
Dear Sarah: 
Wow-whee.....  super nice....   very terrific getting flowers...
I have a couple thoughts on who might have sent them to you.... 
Congratulations for sure... they will certainly help you to feel better while you are recovering !!!
Hugs,
Danielle

@Alaskan Danielle -
Thanks, Danielle for your comment! Yes, they certainly helped me feel better, especially after the day we had yesterday. You are right, it is one of the most amazing feeling knowing to have friends caring and worried enough to send such a cheerful gesture. I am truly blessed having a few very awesome friends! One in Alaska and one in Australia...

@Jayne01 -
Hahaha Jayne 👩‍❤️‍👩 ... Yes, there is a card. The card mentions my 💜BFF💜 👩‍❤️‍👩 being the sender... Now, of course, I keep the suspension up! But I am sure most of my readers have figured out who the BFF is is now. 😂😂😂 - they just need to follow the emojis.

•  

Jayne01

Hiya Sarah [emoji1299]

Sorry the pneumonia has run you over like a truck again. [emoji171][emoji171] I don't think I have ever had pneumonia, it sounds like something I would remember. Please rest and drink lots of fluids, and of course, follow the wise directions of Nurse Kiddo.

I am glad you enjoyed the flowers [emoji1299][emoji171]. Yes, it's a. Good idea to keep up the occasional flowers for your wife. It is a simple gesture that can bring a smile to her face. I also do the same for my wife at random intervals, usually not when it is "expected", such as Valentine's Day, birthday, Christmas, etc. I save the flowers for random days, just because I feel like it. She appreciates them more that way because there is no marketing pressure from retailers "telling" me to give flowers.

Feel better soon.....please!

Jayne
  •  

sarah1972

Awww --- Thank you for the well wishes Jayne [emoji1299][emoji171] and of course I thank you even more for the beautiful flower surprise... Oops,  I decided to spill the secret before the forum breaks out in rumors  ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Jayne01 on August 08, 2018, 08:18:33 AM
Hiya Sarah [emoji1299]

Sorry the pneumonia has run you over like a truck again. [emoji171][emoji171] I don't think I have ever had pneumonia, it sounds like something I would remember. Please rest and drink lots of fluids, and of course, follow the wise directions of Nurse Kiddo.

I am glad you enjoyed the flowers [emoji1299][emoji171]. Yes, it's a. Good idea to keep up the occasional flowers for your wife. It is a simple gesture that can bring a smile to her face. I also do the same for my wife at random intervals, usually not when it is "expected", such as Valentine's Day, birthday, Christmas, etc. I save the flowers for random days, just because I feel like it. She appreciates them more that way because there is no marketing pressure from retailers "telling" me to give flowers.

Feel better soon.....please!

Jayne

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on August 08, 2018, 01:56:41 PM
Awww --- Thank you for the well wishes Jayne [emoji1299][emoji171] and of course I thank you even more for the beautiful flower surprise... Oops,  I decided to spill the secret before the forum breaks out in rumors  ;D ;D ;D

@sarah1972    cc:  @Jayne01
Dear Sarah:  No worries there.... most anyone that can read and can see your postings and Jayne's postings has known for a long time about who your BFF is....  and there was never a doubt in my mind about who sent the flowers to you.   
No secrets any longer and any rumors are now dispelled.

It is important to have those around you and close to you to be at your side with an available shoulder to cry on, an arm to hold you up, and actions, comment and thoughts that give you the emotional and physical boost that you need when you need it.   
I am so very happy for you.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

sarah1972

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 08, 2018, 02:13:13 PM
It is important to have those around you and close to you to be at your side with an available shoulder to cry on, an arm to hold you up, and actions, comment and thoughts that give you the emotional and physical boost that you need when you need it.   
I am so very happy for you.

Hugs,
Danielle

@Alaskan Danielle :
Dear Danielle - You also deserve a lot of thanks for being exactly such a friend you describe. Even reaching out when you sense something is wrong or simply being open to receive messages and provide your view and wisdom. So thank you so much for being such an awesome friend (now I cry a little bit, thanks hormones)

Hugs, Sarah

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: sarah1972 on August 08, 2018, 01:56:41 PM
I am glad you liked the little surprise. I am always here for you just as I know you are there for me.

Your BFF [emoji171][emoji1299][emoji171]
Jayne
  •