Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Sarah's New World

Started by sarah1972, January 25, 2018, 12:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

Great news Jayne! Thanks for being there for Sarah. A true friend indeed. I'm guessing Sarah will probably be out for most of the day. We're awaiting to hear more new.

P.S. Don't let Danielle get wind of your absence. You know how worried she gets.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

sarah1972

I have a very very special BFF who took the time to come here all the way around d the world to be here with me and to update everyone on the progress.

It has been a few hours and I just saw Dr MacPhee- everything went well, over 6 ich bit a bit on the narrow side.

Tolerable pain right now...

More later

•  

Jayne01

So happy for you girl. I'm so happy that I was able to get the time off work to be here with you for this.
  •  

Jessica

It's a girl!
Congratulations Sarah 🌸🌸🌸[/size]

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

KathyLauren

Congratulations, Sarah!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Cindy

Congratulations Sarah,

Much Love and Many kisses
  •  

HappyMoni

Very happy for you Sarah! Glad it went so well! Now rest up and heal!  ;D
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Wonderful news.  Thanks for the update Jayne and best of luck in healing Sarah.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

sarah1972

Look who cam by for a surprise visit...

•  

Mariah

Yep something I dealt with very early on and haven't switched back since. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: sarah1972 on April 16, 2019, 06:37:22 PM
11 H to go...

Arrived in NC and starting all the "fun" preparation. Talked to my hospital today, and completed the mandatory pre-treatments....

Pro Tip: Buy the softest TP on the planet... ;D ;D ;D

More soon!!!

Hugs,

Sarah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Mariah

jayne01 thank you for keeping us all updated. Sarah congrats. It only gets better from here, but I'm so glad to here everything has went well. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: sarah1972 on April 18, 2019, 10:23:56 AM

Wow!  Congratulations, Sarah!   On both your very successful procedure, and on finding something that could lure those two into a visit and even posing for a photo!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

mm

Congratulations and keep us updated.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Michelle_P on April 18, 2019, 11:20:52 AM
Wow!  Congratulations, Sarah!   On both your very successful procedure, and on finding something that could lure those two into a visit and even posing for a photo!

Oh my gosh! Why didn't I hear about this meetup?!! You girls are getting so sneaky.

And look, everyone is smiling - even my lovely southern neighbor... sorta...

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Quote from: sarah1972 on April 18, 2019, 10:23:56 AM

Wow!!! Look at all those cute ladies. I'm impressed! They already got you out of bed? You look great Sarah.

Oh! I think somebody forgot to tell Steph about the meetup :o
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Wow, what a beautiful group you three are!   I'm impressed that you're up Sarah.  Sarah Strong!!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

sarah1972

April 19th - post op report

Thank all who have taken time to congratulate and comment on these incredible few days.

Last I remember is my bed being pulled through a door to the OR. Then I remember waking up and wondering why they woke me up... Well, they were already done. 3 hours on the OR table. I stayed for two nights in a local hospital and have been discharged since. Now I am in a hotel close by. I could not lay in bed anymore, I had to get up and walk around. The pain is well controlled and absolutely tolerable.  I am very tired and could constantly sleep, but that is expected. Some light bleeding but nothing to be worried about. One of the nurses took a picture of it... Now I have proof.

Jayne and my family are here to help out in an incredible way. Getting in and out of cars or the bed/chairs is an amusing experience, but I can say that all the strength training I did beforehand comes in very handy.

I am already walking quite a bit, but I also know that I need to catch some sleep...

More later... Oh and here are two more pictures... Me about to be discharged..

And of course, I did get some sweet "It's a girl" balloons. Thank you @Jayne01 !

•  

Northern Star Girl

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:
I am so glad to see the updates that describe your special days and special procedures at the hospital.
Thank you for feeling free to share so freely with all of your readers and followers. 
.... and.... your HAPPY PICTURE that you posted on your last comments is a picture of a beautiful and very happy woman.

As with most of the members here on the Forums, I have been closely following your "transformation" over the last year or more and I am rooting for your success and happiness in your life as you continue on.

I am very envious of @Jayne01  and  @Faith that they were able to be with you during your "special" days.   I am most certain that you much appreciated their in-person support.   

Of course Jayne gets a special prize for coming all the way from Australia to be with you!!!!!... and thank you Jayne for keeping us updated during the times that Sarah was not able to post on her thread.

Many HUGS and best wishes as always,
Danielle

Quote from: sarah1972 on April 19, 2019, 08:18:18 PM
April 19th - post op report

Thank all who have taken time to congratulate and comment on these incredible few days.

Last I remember is my bed being pulled through a door to the OR. Then I remember waking up and wondering why they woke me up... Well, they were already done. 3 hours on the OR table. I stayed for two nights in a local hospital and have been discharged since. Now I am in a hotel close by. I could not lay in bed anymore, I had to get up and walk around. The pain is well controlled and absolutely tolerable.  I am very tired and could constantly sleep, but that is expected. Some light bleeding but nothing to be worried about. One of the nurses took a picture of it... Now I have proof.

Jayne and my family are here to help out in an incredible way. Getting in and out of cars or the bed/chairs is an amusing experience, but I can say that all the strength training I did beforehand comes in very handy.

I am already walking quite a bit, but I also know that I need to catch some sleep...

More later... Oh and here are two more pictures

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Linde

Someway I missed this thread!
Congratulations for you, and I hope you will have a very speedy and event free recovery!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

sarah1972

5 days!!!

Wow, it has been five days already since I had GRS... Amazing how fast time flew. I am still down in NC, spending most of the time on a couch with ice packs. They have helped to keep swelling down but. am still pretty bruised up and there is all this healing sensation which can get quite overwhelming at times. I need to watch my hydration and it is easy to just stay on the couch all day, but a girl has to also care for herself.

Thanks, I have my dear @Jayne01 around to keep me moving and motivated. 2 more days until I can start E back up and 3 more days before I get the packing removed and meet "my 3 new friends" for the first time.

All I can say is that there is a lot of new and interesting sensation going on down there... ;D ;D ;D

So much for now...

Hugs,

Sarah

•