Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Beginning again

Started by Tuffcreampuff, January 26, 2018, 12:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuffcreampuff

I am 54, currently considering myself to be gender fluid, I have been to several therapists over the years about depression mostly. Yesterday I took a huge step and had an appt with a gender therapist. Wow! It was incredible to find someone that actually listened to me. Long road ahead but hoping to find a middle of the road life where I can find some contentment. The question is, are there any folks here that had considered themselves fluid before realizing they were trans? I've been accepting my female side more and more but terrified of transition
  •  

Jessica

Hi Tuffcreampuff 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan's!  I'm Jessica Marie! When I started I did see myself as fluid, ranging from one pole to the other.  I do after 6 months have to admit I'm more woman than I thought.  It is still a journey that keeps changing! 
I see your new here, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Please feel free to stop by the Introductions forum to tell the members about yourself. 

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

Hi Tuff,

I'm Laurie, 64, Mtf. I never identified as  trans until a little over a year ago. I did however cross dress almost all my life and didn't realize it was more than that until a year ago November. That was when I heard about gender dysphoria and that was when the light came on. I was on HRT about a month later.
  I am glad you are talking with a therapist that you think can help you and can't wait to hear about and follow your own journey. Welcome to Susan's Place.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Tuffcreampuff

Thank you both for the encouraging replies, both y'all are so pretty. We'll see where this goes together :)
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Tuffcreampuff on January 27, 2018, 04:00:05 PM
Thank you both for the encouraging replies, both y'all are so pretty. We'll see where this goes together :)

That's my big sis Laurie, she gives me wonderful advice.  We all love her, even moanknee (Moni) or whatever she will call her at the moment. 
(If you read her road trip thread you will get the joke)

I'm looking forward to being part of it!  We are all together here!

Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Tuffcreampuff

I would but apparently my access is limited. I still have to verify I'm not a bot
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Tuffcreampuff on January 27, 2018, 04:41:56 PM
I would but apparently my access is limited. I still have to verify I'm not a bot
Not so much a bot but a spammer, troll or just somebody out to do harm. Most of the time we pick up on these pretty quickly but every once in a while we run into somebody who is really determined and it may take several posts for us to figure out what they are up to.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Tuffcreampuff

Ok, I'll stand by and pay my dues then, thanks for the explaination though
  •