Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you color your hair regularly?

Started by KarlMars, January 26, 2018, 05:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you color your hair regularly?

Yes, always the same color consecutively.
15 (46.9%)
No
10 (31.3%)
Sometimes, and I switch colors.
4 (12.5%)
Sometimes, and mostly the same color.
3 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

KarlMars

I keep thinking that some of us have an ideal we want to look like of our gender identity and wonder how many of us dye our hair. What color do you dye it?

Devlyn

Yup, blonde over my original white. I get the roots done every four or five weeks. I'd jump in front of a steamroller to save my colour tech!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Megan.

Yes, and I'll never stop, there is entirely too much grey! Lol

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

rmaddy

I still don't have any gray, really, but I have very fine hair.  Adding color adds a little bit of volume too, in my experience (correct me, Julie, if I am imagining this).

For years I did foils every 12 weeks or so, always asking to push the lowlights and to move toward auburn/copper.  Every time, I ended up some shade of blond, which gets more blond over time because the lows wash out but the highs are basically bleached that way.  Last cut (just before the profile pic), I said I want auburn/copper and had a pic ready.  She nailed it.  It's fading now, but still nice. 

Any decent salon should save the "recipes" from your previous colors.  This is even better than having a picture in terms of reproducibility. 
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: rmaddy on January 26, 2018, 06:35:09 PM
I still don't have any gray, really, but I have very fine hair.  Adding color adds a little bit of volume too, in my experience (correct me, Julie, if I am imagining this).

For years I did foils every 12 weeks or so, always asking to push the lowlights and to move toward auburn/copper.  Every time, I ended up some shade of blond, which gets more blond over time because the lows wash out but the highs are basically bleached that way.  Last cut (just before the profile pic), I said I want auburn/copper and had a pic ready.  She nailed it.  It's fading now, but still nice. 

Any decent salon should save the "recipes" from your previous colors.  This is even better than having a picture in terms of reproducibility.

I like your hair in the picture.

Lady Sarah

Every 2 to 3 months, I color it. My natural color has too much dark blonde with white.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

rmaddy

Quote from: KarlMars on January 26, 2018, 06:39:56 PM
I like your hair in the picture.

Thank you...it's a crop from a larger group photo, and maybe not the best way to show my hair, but it was a very enjoyable event, and I'm fond of it.  If you get all forensic about it, you can catch just a glimpse of my wife's hair to my right.
  •  

Mendi

•  

Courtney.lane408

Quote from: Mendi on January 26, 2018, 09:58:00 PM
Red...you can't have enough red  [emoji4]
Second! Love my natural ginger hair now even though I took abuse for it as a guy all growing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Sydney_NYC

Not a whole lot of gray, but there is some naturally. My natural hair color is a light brown with natural red, but I love the red so much I go red. I have it done every 5 weeks or so. I was doing red henna for many many years, but it started to darken my hair too much due to buildup so I switched to conventional hair color and now the henna is gone and I could lighten a little. It's a little lighter now that in my profile picture.

Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Kylo

I do.

I darken it.

It's a strange situation. I was a blond kid. However I hated everything about myself and in a symbolic gesture of flipping the bird to childhood, as soon as I graduated sixth form we had to move away to another part of the country, and I cut my hair and dyed it black. I was sick of everything at the time and wanted to see the opposite of what I saw in the mirror. I think even my clueless parents understood how I didn't have a great time as a child and wanted to leave it behind.

Anyway, it turned out I was fond of black. All through my university years it was black or sometimes red, but not once did I grow it out. I got pretty good at dyeing my own hair. Nobody in my adult life had seen my natural hair color, including me. I hadn't seen it for 18 years.

Last year I got curious and decided to grow it out. It wasn't blond any more but brown. It weirded everyone out. It even weirded me out at little as the last time I had seen it, it was far from brown, and I couldn't even describe the sort of brown it was. The closest I could come to describing it would be "rat brown", lol. For some reason my eyebrows are darker naturally and fit having black hair just as much as they fit the darker brown.

People wouldn't let it lie and kept saying how weird it was, how they didn't like it, and tbh neither did I. So I got a bunch more dye for the year and went back to black. Permanent dye is probably bad for hair but I've never had any ill effect and it always makes the hair feel and look better. So what the hell, I see no reason to stop. 

Hypothyroid issues a couple of years ago cleared up but they permanently affected a small stripe of hair on my left temple which is now pure white. People think I'm dyeing only to hide it. Lots of Just for Men jokes  ::)
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Corax

No, I don't dye my hair at all and I don't quite understand what needlessly smearing colour into my hair would have to do with my transition or my physical goals anyway. Changing my hair colour would not be attaining a manlier physique/appearance. It wouldn't change anything other than having an unnatural hair colour that was probably unfitting for my phenotype afterwards while I now have a great natural hair colour that fits my type and that every hairdresser compliments me for and that many envy me for.
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Yes usually every 4 to 6 weeks I am slacking a little bit I am at 7 weeks now
  •  

DawnOday

I was going to, but as it gets growing longer and longer i get more and more comments of how nice it looks. I didn't think I'd like gray hair. But it's growing on me. :icon_invision:
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

rmaddy

Quote from: DawnOday on January 29, 2018, 10:31:11 PM
I was going to, but as it gets growing longer and longer i get more and more comments of how nice it looks. I didn't think I'd like gray hair. But it's growing on me. :icon_invision:

You have a nice gray.  You can fight it or rock it, but I think the latter usually works out better.
  •  

widdershins

I might once I start graying and/or I decide to grow out my facial hair. Sections of my facial hair are a pretty different color from my head hair, so I can see that bugging me to the point of dying one or the other. For now I don't really find venturing beyond my boring natural color to be worth the hassle.
  •  

V M

The white hairs don't bother me much but the gray bugs me out so I go for the champagne blond because it's the closest to my original
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Sarah_P

Yep, too much grey! My hair originally was medium brown, but I decided on Auburn when the time came to dye it. Since my then my friend switched me to a professional coloring, which ended up being somewhat redder (which is fine with me!). She does my roots every 3 or 4 weeks, and every couple months does the whole head.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Christy Lee

No never have, but have always thought about it, i dont think i will while in boy mode, never felt right too
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Christy Lee on February 12, 2018, 05:34:23 PM
No never have, but have always thought about it, i dont think i will while in boy mode, never felt right too
It didn't for me either even though I always really wanted to. What difference would it make with an inch of hair lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•