Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

TURN IT OFFF!!!

Started by Christy Lee, January 27, 2018, 03:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christy Lee

Sorry for yelling, but the point was to convey emotion, which is funny because what i want to talk about is if you ever wish you couldnt feel it sometimes?

Its titled this way because i really like the idea of Vampires or Data/vulcans and how they can switch there emotions off

Ever since TVD s3, the infamous Klaus/Stefan TURN IT OFFFFFF! sometimes ive thought, that would be good to be able to turn them off like that at will, and sometimes i feel like i can but inevitably it comes back in a overflowing/overwhelming way

My question is

Do you guys wish you could turn your emotions off like a vampire? or a vulcan? even
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

Allison S

Turned off but not surpressed and drinking alcohol to block all emotions? Sure! That would be great. I would get more things done but eventually I would want them back. I feel like it would take happiness, joy and laughter away too.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

AnnMarie2017

Quote from: Christy Lee on January 27, 2018, 03:53:12 AMMy question is

Do you guys wish you could turn your emotions off like a vampire? or a vulcan? even

Vulcans don't turn their emotions off. They control them.

I don't know about vampires; but it seems to me that a life without emotion would be boooringgg ...
  •  

Colleen_definitely

NEEEEEERDS!

But seriously for most of my life they were turned off against my will, I'm not going back there.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Julia1996

No I really don't. My emotions make me who I am. But my family and boyfriend probably wish I could turn off my emotions sometimes. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I am with Colleen, definitely! After going so long without any emotion other than anger, emotions are what I was most looking forward to. Joy or anguish, I have longed for them to be a part of me. I would never want to be without them again.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Gertrude

Let go of the rope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Dena

Define emotions. Spock clearly showed curiosity and from the barbs he sometimes delivered, he felt joy. Data also felt curiosity and a desire to become better than he was. We have many emotions and emotions are what give us the drive to move through life. Without them we would lack the drive to do anything and just stay in one place starving to death.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Evienne

I wasn't aware vampires had the ability to turn off emotions.

I myself can experience emotions but a lot of the time I feel emotionless. I don't know if that really counts as "turning them off though." I'm quite strange in that I've a high understanding of how humans react to emotions and I can read people based on emotions they give and body language and stuff, but I don't really feel them much myself quite often. I'm not saying I CAN'T feel emotion, just that I often find myself feeling nothing.
Has it's pros. Words are less likely to harm me, but it has it's cons. Whenever I hear about a school shooting or something, or when a family member has died in the past, hate to say it but I don't feel anything at all to that, not even a little.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Christy Lee on January 27, 2018, 03:53:12 AM

There was a time I would have said yes. But now... no. Because it's a big part of who I am. I'm a very emotional person. And I feel that it allows me to empathise with others. Negative emotions, of which there have been many in my life, allow me to understand those same feelings in others. To get a deeper understanding of what they're going through, and maybe offer support to alleviate them. And positive emotions... well, why would I want to turn those off?

To not feel is to not be alive. Or rather... to not live. As I think of it. And I'm really not sure that's a good thing. It turns you into a biological machine.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Roll

The vampire thing is TVD specific I'm assuming, definitely not a normal vampire trait. ... You know. As much as anything is for creature from folk lore. ;D

But I definitely don't want to turn off my emotions. Not being able to access my emotions properly is a huge source of dysphoria for me, and I crave the emotional release from E vs the tendency towards stoic on T. So many times I just wanted to cry deep inside of myself, and I just couldn't. I hated it.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: Dena on January 27, 2018, 11:10:42 AM
Define emotions. Spock clearly showed curiosity and from the barbs he sometimes delivered, he felt joy. Data also felt curiosity and a desire to become better than he was. We have many emotions and emotions are what give us the drive to move through life. Without them we would lack the drive to do anything and just stay in one place starving to death.
Spock was half human

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •