Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Started by punky_glitter, January 27, 2018, 05:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punky_glitter

How do you gain or lose reputation? Do other people give them to you? Is it based off posts or replies? Just generally curious about reputation and how it works 
Thanks!
He/Him
I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun
They can take your bathrooms, they can take your binders, the can take your makeup
but they can never can they ever take who you are.

You are always valid

•  

Sephirah

Yeah, you get rep points from other people, hon. There aren't really any hard and fast rules. It's not based on a specific post count or anything. Just if someone likes a lot something that you said, they can give you a positive reputation point by clicking on the green thumb button on your posts. Likewise the red one is for negative reputation points if the converse is true. Although these can come under a bit more scrutiny to prevent people getting into smite wars if they have an argument.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: punky_glitter on January 27, 2018, 05:40:48 PM
How do you gain or lose reputation? Do other people give them to you? Is it based off posts or replies? Just generally curious about reputation and how it works 
Thanks!

Hi punky, members are able to give reputation points to other members if something was done that made a difference.  I gave you one when you joined us and I welcomed you.  A links page was given to you then that can clarify that. Ill post it again for you.

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Jessica on January 27, 2018, 05:54:35 PM

Hi punky, members are able to give reputation points to other members if something was done that made a difference.  I gave you one when you joined us and I welcomed you.  A links page was given to you then that can clarify that. Ill post it again for you.

Things that you should read

Avoid Reputation Jihad!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

punky_glitter

You guys have really cool thingies below your posts
where or how do I get one???
He/Him
They can take your bathrooms, they can take your binders, the can take your makeup

You are always valid

•  

Dena

One place is up at the top of the screen. Click on Tickers and it will help you set one up. I think it will give you a link that you need to install in your signature in the profile.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

punky_glitter

Quote from: Dena on January 27, 2018, 08:41:17 PM
One place is up at the top of the screen. Click on Tickers and it will help you set one up. I think it will give you a link that you need to install in your signature in the profile.
Thank you so much! Is it okay if I have a ticker that isn't trans* related, like one that tracks how long I've been adopted for?
He/Him

You are always valid

•  

Dena

As long as you don't violate the TOS, you are pretty free to post what you want. If you haven't started your transition then it may be more important to show your adoption. You can always change it latter as your priorities change.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Cakemonstomus

Can someone explain in a single message? Please the wall of graphics mixed with text is a little confusing..
9/07: privately came out to my older sister
9/15: came out publicly as mtf
8/16: name and gender "unofficially" changed on school records
4/18: started hrt
8/18: legal gender and name change
--/19: SRS
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Cakemonstomus on April 23, 2018, 08:52:43 PM
Can someone explain in a single message? Please the wall of graphics mixed with text is a little confusing..
I am not sure what your asking but I suspect this link is what your asking for.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Cakemonstomus on April 23, 2018, 08:52:43 PM

Reputation Rules
« on: September 09, 2007, 06:13:51 pm »

Reputation should only be given to reward exceptional posts, and I mean posts which are really above and beyond the fold. Smites should not be used unless a post clearly violates the rules, policies of the site, or the spirit of the community at Susan's Place. Being awarded reputation should be a relatively rare event, and something to treasure. All reputation is reviewed, and any reputation that was given for inappropriate reasons will be removed. Inappropriate smites will result in warnings and other penalties being given.

Note: Requires 50 posts to give reputation points, but anyone can receive reputation points.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•