Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

This Is Me

Started by TonyaW, January 31, 2018, 08:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: TonyaW on February 27, 2019, 07:05:24 AM
He looks a lot tougher than he ever was.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I know all about that overcompensating thing!  I was considered to be a real manly man, too!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Dietlind on February 27, 2019, 09:11:43 AM
I know all about that overcompensating thing!  I was considered to be a real manly man, too!
Never intentionally overcompensated. I'm tall and when I got fat (about 275 in that picture) I could look intimidating. 

•  

Linde

Quote from: TonyaW on February 28, 2019, 12:27:28 AM
Never intentionally overcompensated. I'm tall and when I got fat (about 275 in that picture) I could look intimidating. 

I never did do this intentionally either, but I think it is the nature of the human beast that one does it automatically, if one is not really sure that one is such a person.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

TonyaW

This is still bugging me a little bit.  No getting to goofy over it but..

So Thursday went to a Pizza place that we go to maybe once every 2 months and to this location about half those times. 

It's a buffet at times so you pay up front. We get to the counter and the lady says "hi Tonya" and says she remembered from last time we were there.  Well that's nice but the thing is, you don't need to give your name and the rewards card is in my wife's name. So she had to get it from my debit card when I paid last time.  I know she's supposed to look at names on the cards, but do you really remember them? 

So I guess I stand out. 

•  

davina61

I get remembered as well !!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

Quote from: TonyaW on March 03, 2019, 10:48:30 AM
We get to the counter and the lady says "hi Tonya" and says she remembered from last time we were there. 

So I guess I stand out. 

I know THAT feeling. I am 6'6" and even in male mode people do notice me and know my name. Like in the office, folks I never had anything to do with and I don't know by name (I am admittedly bad with names) greet me by name in the hallways. It is kind of embarrassing that I can't greet them back with their name and just have to restrict myself to a simple "High". Or once I was with my daughter in the supermarket and we ran into someone from work I don't know by name and they greeted me with "Hi <my name here>, how are you?". Somehow I got by, but after the encounter my daughter asked me who that was and the only answer I had was "I don't know" and my daughter felt that this was kind of funny...

One thing is for sure: This confirms that people are talking about me!

On the other hand, yes it is true that just for being tall lots of folks feel intimidated and leave you alone. The fun thing is that often tall folks (including cis men) are often not very aggressive people, and are rather calm, but the short ones don't know this. That probably saved me a lot from getting bullied when I was a kid.
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on March 03, 2019, 03:43:13 PM
I know THAT feeling. I am 6'6" and even in male mode people do notice me and know my name. Like in the office, folks I never had anything to do with and I don't know by name (I am admittedly bad with names) greet me by name in the hallways. It is kind of embarrassing that I can't greet them back with their name and just have to restrict myself to a simple "High". Or once I was with my daughter in the supermarket and we ran into someone from work I don't know by name and they greeted me with "Hi <my name here>, how are you?". Somehow I got by, but after the encounter my daughter asked me who that was and the only answer I had was "I don't know" and my daughter felt that this was kind of funny...

One thing is for sure: This confirms that people are talking about me!

On the other hand, yes it is true that just for being tall lots of folks feel intimidated and leave you alone. The fun thing is that often tall folks (including cis men) are often not very aggressive people, and are rather calm, but the short ones don't know this. That probably saved me a lot from getting bullied when I was a kid.
Pretty sure it wasn't just being tall as 6'2"is taller than most women  but isn't way out of norm for female. 

6'6" would get you remembered male or female  just about anywhere but the NBA.

Also don't think it was because she'd never seen such a gorgeous redhead before.

•  

TonyaW

So a couple of things.  First a good one.
First time since 1982 that the first digit hasn't been 2.

And results from hormone levels yesterday, not so great. 

I'm concerned with the  estradiol being low again.  T a little higher than before but still within range. Haven't heard from my doctor yet, tests yesterday and posted in my chart overnight. Last three results

02/13/18
Test  3.0 ng/dl
Est.  162 pg/ml

12/05/18
Test 26
Est 58

03/05/19
Test 26
Est 56

Variable could be progesterone.  I started medroxyprogesterone after the 02/18 test. Took that daily for two months then cycle 10 days of month for 3 more. So was off it for 5 months prior to the 12/18 level. Started micronized progesterone at that time. Levels being the same this time would lead me to believe it has no effect though. Guess I wait for my doctor to call.

•  

TonyaW

Nothing new, just more waiting.

Weather has been better and finally got a chance to wear my $8 dress that I got from Old Navy.
Took some pics but didn't like my face in any of them so deleted them all. Maybe next time.  Oh, one year ago today I became legally Tonya.

•  

Faith

Quote from: TonyaW on March 21, 2019, 07:01:52 AM
Nothing new, just more waiting.

Weather has been better and finally got a chance to wear my $8 dress that I got from Old Navy.
Took some pics but didn't like my face in any of them so deleted them all. Maybe next time.  Oh, one year ago today I became legally Tonya.

YAY! um, I think :P I guess I'm just glad to 'see' you :D

deleted pics due to face, Yeah .. I am quite familiar with that action.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on March 21, 2019, 07:11:31 AM
YAY! um, I think [emoji14] I guess I'm just glad to 'see' you :D

deleted pics due to face, Yeah .. I am quite familiar with that action.
Thought you could relate to that. I think it was they day you said something about blurring your face out. I deleted mine by then so didn't try that.

I had a decent face pic from that day but none in the full shot. Tried using the timer and and voice command so I don't have to hold the camera. That worked fine but still need to work on the camera angle with that.

•  

TonyaW

One year ago today I was legally F'd.

Name change hearing was a year ago yesterday. Visit to Social Security Administration office and the DMV were the next day. Most awful picture on the drivers license so not showing that, but it does have an F in the proper spot.

So I have been legally me for 1 year now.

•  

Faith

Quote from: TonyaW on March 22, 2019, 08:46:10 AM
One year ago today I was legally F'd.

Name change hearing was a year ago yesterday. Visit to Social Security Administration office and the DMV were the next day. Most awful picture on the drivers license so not showing that, but it does have an F in the proper spot.

So I have been legally me for 1 year now.

WOOOOOO !!!  :)

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on March 22, 2019, 08:47:54 AM
WOOOOOO !!!  :)
You get your court date yet?

•  

Faith

Quote from: TonyaW on March 22, 2019, 10:07:04 AM
You get your court date yet?

No :(  I received the letter to schedule last week, then the magistrate went on vacation. I have to wait until next week to call in for scheduling.

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on March 22, 2019, 11:27:22 AM
No :(  I received the letter to schedule last week, then the magistrate went on vacation. I have to wait until next week to call in for scheduling.
Bummer. Seems strange that only that person can schedule things.  Do you have put notice in the newspaper? 

•  

Faith

Quote from: TonyaW on March 23, 2019, 08:42:27 AM
Bummer. Seems strange that only that person can schedule things.  Do you have put notice in the newspaper?

no, just some background history forms (previous addresses, employment, etc) and a notarized petition for name change. plus fingerprints for a criminal background check ... have to make sure I'm not trying to get out of anything.

•  

TonyaW

The newspaper thing here is supposed to fo that.  Didn't need to do the other stuff except the notarized petition for name change. 

•  

TonyaW

Couple from yesterday that I didn't  hate.

•  

Faith

Quote from: TonyaW on March 26, 2019, 07:21:09 AM
Couple from yesterday that I didn't  hate.

that's good because there is no reason to hate them. Where's my thumbs-up icon ????????

•