Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

This Is Me

Started by TonyaW, January 31, 2018, 08:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyaW

Spent a lovely nostalgic day with my wife walking around parts of the UW campus and State St in Madison yesterday. Had an old favorite gyros from the Parthenon for lunch then walked back toward campus and  climbed Bascom Hill.  Back down the hill to the Memorial Union where we shared a dish of Babcock Hall ice cream by the lake. Then over to the Bookstore for some window shopping (put a Badger logo on it and the price doubles). Hit Starbucks for a cool drink on the way back to the car. Almost made there before the rain came. Didn't get too wet, got my golf umbrella from the car and went back out to get some Teddywedgers (Cornish pasty) to take home for lunch for next day.

Picture from the bottom of Bascom Hill and from the top.  Thought I snapped a photo of the Abe Lincoln statue (a replica of the one at Lincoln Memorial I think). Legend has it that Abe stands up anytime a virgin graduates.

Oh and the reason we were in Madison, I had my surgery Consult with Dr. Gast.  She seemed quite nice. Need to get my two letters so they can get insurance ok. Once that's done we can schedule.  Currently she said she's scheduling for September. Which would make October or November possible. Unlikely I can arrange the needed time off with work for then so probably looking at January.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

TonyaW

On the minus side, played crappy golf in cold, crappy weather.

On the plus side, my brother introduced me as his sister to his regular Sunday morning  group.  And he got the pronouns right all weekend after a few slip ups on the first day.

•  

Faith

see, even brothers can be trained :D
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

TonyaW

He's a pretty good guy and has been one of my biggest supporters. Only see him 3 or 4 times a year so the pronouns will take a bit for 100%. He's older so has literally known me my entire life. Only the last two with new pronouns so I don't expect perfect.

•  

Linde

Quote from: TonyaW on April 26, 2019, 07:00:31 AM

Oh and the reason we were in Madison, I had my surgery Consult with Dr. Gast.  She seemed quite nice.
Is she part of the University?  Do you know which insurances they take?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Linde on May 14, 2019, 08:18:41 PM
Is she part of the University?  Do you know which insurances they take?
Yeah, she's at the UW clinics.  Don't know insurance she takes other than mine, which is United Healthcare.

Here's the website
https://www.uwhealth.org/gender-transgender-services/gender-services/51499

•  

Linde

Quote from: TonyaW on May 14, 2019, 11:01:10 PM
Yeah, she's at the UW clinics.  Don't know insurance she takes other than mine, which is United Healthcare.

Here's the website
https://www.uwhealth.org/gender-transgender-services/gender-services/51499

Thanks, I will take a look at it!

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Linde on May 14, 2019, 11:48:45 PM
Thanks, I will take a look at it!
Not a lot of info on the website. Some nice videos of the doctors talking about the surgery they do.  Only way to contact them is by calling and you'll probably get voicemail.

Emily, the Gender Services Navigator will call you back eventually. Played some phone tag so it took about a week before I talked to her.

•  

Linde

Quote from: TonyaW on May 15, 2019, 07:24:24 AM
Not a lot of info on the website. Some nice videos of the doctors talking about the surgery they do.  Only way to contact them is by calling and you'll probably get voicemail.

Emily, the Gender Services Navigator will call you back eventually. Played some phone tag so it took about a week before I talked to her.

Thanks for the heads up!

•  

TonyaW

New pic for my weight loss plan

Today

March 27 2019

July  14 2018

•  

Faith

lookin' good Tonya!!  I think I've found some of it. Do you want it back?
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on May 16, 2019, 05:23:36 AM
lookin' good Tonya!!  I think I've found some of it. Do you want it back?
Thanks, Faith. I'd take your extra if i could selectively place it.

What you can't see in those pictures is that I still have no butt, which now that I have less gut, means some of my pants and leggings don't fit as well. Hoping to drop about 10 more pounds before I start putting it back. Hoping to gain some butt and boob fat when I do that.

•  

Linde

Quote from: TonyaW on May 16, 2019, 07:44:39 AM
Thanks, Faith. I'd take your extra if i could selectively place it.

What you can't see in those pictures is that I still have no butt, which now that I have less gut, means some of my pants and leggings don't fit as well. Hoping to drop about 10 more pounds before I start putting it back. Hoping to gain some butt and boob fat when I do that.

I like your weight loss a lot.  I have to do some of it, too.  But I am just starting to build a nice butt, and am afraid, I would loose it again like you say you did!

•  

TonyaW

Saw my therapist last night. She said she had my first letter of readiness done but was going to hold on to it for now. She is putting in a referral for me to see someone else in her group for letter 2 and from the info that Dr.  Gast gave me, it looks like the second person can sign the same letter if the first is from your primary therapist and they are in the same practice. So right now I'm waiting for a call to set up appointment with the other therapist. Hoping to have letters ready early in June for Dr Gast to submit for insurance coverage. Not going to do happy dance until I have a date scheduled. Need to tell work that I need a month off now. I would  like to be able to have that part arranged so I can get on the surgery schedule as soon ad tha insurance says go. Good news there is I'll have enough PTO so I wont miss any paychecks.

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Linde on May 16, 2019, 08:06:37 AM
I like your weight loss a lot.  I have to do some of it, too.  But I am just starting to build a nice butt, and am afraid, I would loose it again like you say you did!
Didn't loose my butt, never had it.   My intent is to loose the gut and then get a butt. In theory it should work with the proper hormones putting new fat to the desired areas.  My pants and leggings were fitting ok because they were stretching in the front instead of the back. They should fit even better if I'm successful in putting new weight on where I want it.

•  

TonyaW

Having issues with my front teeth so the smile isn't great but a half way decent picture of me in this dress finally.

•  

Northern Star Girl

@TonyaW
Dear Tonya:
Wowzers!!!   You look terrific... your figure looks great and nice hair.....

( and you need to make your bed!!)   :o  :)( ;)

Thank you for sharing.
HUGS,
Danielle

Quote from: TonyaW on May 16, 2019, 10:49:57 AM
Having issues with my front teeth so the smile isn't great but a half way decent picture of me in this dress finally.

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 16, 2019, 11:59:44 AM
@TonyaW
Dear Tonya:
Wowzers!!!   You look terrific... your figure looks great and nice hair.....

( and you need to make your bed!!)   :o  :)( ;)

Thank you for sharing.
HUGS,
Danielle

Thanks and that's as made as the bed usually gets.  No drill instructors are trying to bounce quarters on it.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: TonyaW on May 16, 2019, 03:12:33 PM

Thanks and that's as made as the bed usually gets.  No drill instructors are trying to bounce quarters on it.

@TonyaW
Dear Tonya:
Isn't it nice not to have DI's anymore always doing inspections and whipping us into shape and making us have every thing ship-shape?   
I did get into the habit of making my bed and cleaning out the kitchen dishes and sink before I leave for work.  That way if I have unexpected guests drop in I am not rushing to clean up everything.

..... and please know, and I will say it again, you look absolutely terrific in the picture you posted !!!
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 16, 2019, 03:19:57 PM

I did get into the habit of making my bed and cleaning out the kitchen dishes and sink before I leave for work.  That way if I have unexpected guests drop in I am not rushing to clean up everything.

Well, your drill instructors were actually not well informed what a healthy bed should look like; and they wanted to be your bed looking like this because they were taught, and they wer taught.......

Medical microbiology will tell you that an unmade bed, with the covers all the way folded back for several hours, is a healthy bed.  All kinds of pathogens shed by your body overnight love the warms of a bed that is well covered just after the person left it.  And they can multiply in that nice and warm atmosphere under the covers.

It is a different game when you fold the covers back and allow the entire bed setup to cool down well below the human body temperature, and leave it his way for a nice amount of time.  The pathogens can't multiply and possible health reason are avoided that way!

Go back and tell them that they don't know nothing, and a lot of that!  >:-)

•