Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hip Widening Surgery now avaliable via a new technique called Minimal Invasive Plate Osteosynthesis

Started by PollyQMcLovely, February 01, 2018, 05:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joelene9

This procedure is more akin the surgeries the dentist does to straightened a severe overbite that braces alone may not correct. In this procedure the upper jawbone is cut and reset. Usually a few screws are used and a retainer is worn for several months to a year afterwards. With the pelvic bones, more permanent hardware is needed due to more stresses put on this structure. Remember, it keeps you upright when you walk.

Joelene
  •  

Sarah1979

I don't think messing around with the structure of the pelvis itself would be safe, as was just mentioned, you use that to walk/run.  As I understand it, it's just using the mass/size of the implant itself to add the overall width.
  •  

Kendra

I received the following reply:

>
Hello Kendra

We are in the stage of waiting for the approval by the KFDA. We have the devices ready to be used in clinical trial.

KFDA regulation will be approved in approximately 3 months from now. Once the approval is done in S.Korea, pelvic Plasty will be available in 2019 spring in S.Korea only.

The surgery will be available in U.S after FDA regulation approval. 

Price of the surgery will be estimated as $14,000 in S.Korea.
(Estimated time for hospitalization is less than a week and you can immediately walk. There will be no limitations except wound care)

Dr Won is currently residing in S.Korea and if the patient is willing to travel, the surgery will be done in Konyang University Hospital.

If you are interested in the email/waitlist, please let us know your name and email. We will update on the waitlist information once the regulation is approved.

Thank you for contacting us, and if you have further questions feel free to contact us.

Osty Meditech
Alex Y
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Sarah1979

Quote from: Kendra on October 11, 2018, 07:39:54 PM
I received the following reply:

>
Hello Kendra

We are in the stage of waiting for the approval by the KFDA. We have the devices ready to be used in clinical trial.

KFDA regulation will be approved in approximately 3 months from now. Once the approval is done in S.Korea, pelvic Plasty will be available in 2019 spring in S.Korea only.

The surgery will be available in U.S after FDA regulation approval. 

Price of the surgery will be estimated as $14,000 in S.Korea.
(Estimated time for hospitalization is less than a week and you can immediately walk. There will be no limitations except wound care)

Dr Won is currently residing in S.Korea and if the patient is willing to travel, the surgery will be done in Konyang University Hospital.

If you are interested in the email/waitlist, please let us know your name and email. We will update on the waitlist information once the regulation is approved.

Thank you for contacting us, and if you have further questions feel free to contact us.

Osty Meditech
Alex Y

!! Thank you Kendra!!  This is going on my surgery list.
  •  

Michelle-G

Quote from: Julia1996 on February 01, 2018, 08:39:04 AM
For real?? Who on earth would want to do that? Hrt does a good job adding to your hips. I think some procedures are necessary for some transwomen but I think they are taking it a little too far.

Hormone therapy MAY widen hips, but that's not a given. Generally, the chances are better if the therapy begins at a young age, but in all cases of off-label hormone therapy the results with any particular patients are specific to the individual and not to be regarded as a barometer of overall efficacy. In other words, "your mileage may vary".

That said, plastic surgeons have been using cohesive gel implants to modify hip shape and width for years. If this is of interest to anyone, the surgery is readily available and generally a bit cheaper than that described in this post. And screws not required.
  •  

Kirsti2304

I know that it is very difficult but I hope that an complete augmentation of the pelvis too match the size of an cis female pelvis will also be possible in the future. Correct me if I'm wrong but having a pelvis that is big enough to push a baby's head through would probably also mean less and easier dilating and better sex reassignment surgeries because there would be more space for the Surgeons to work with.

Hearing that Doctors at least work in his field for transgender patients gives me hope. Maybe advancements in medical 3D printing would make this possible. There are already cheap 3D printed bone replacements out of hydroxylapatit in development that will guide new bone growth (Google it if you're interested). So there would be no need for any titanium implants or screws. It would be all natural after everything is healed.
  •  

Lisa89125

Hmm, As a 29 year old trans woman I am never going to get the shape I really want from HRT alone. Although having more metal in me than a robot is a bit hard to swallow.

I'm one who is really hoping someday there will be a way to modify our pelvis area to make it like a cis-female. I am also hopeful that someday we will be able to have female parts 3d printed that function like any other women's allowing us to give birth and be able to feel it. Current transplants would not allow for nerve connections sadly.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •