Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Re: Here I go again :-( 2.0

Started by Shy, January 17, 2018, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shy

Quote from: Laurie on January 17, 2018, 12:17:31 PM

Driving it is my fear of the closeness with someone else and my fear of breaking down in their presence.

Hugs,
   Laurie

I hate to break it to you girl but isn't that what Moni said? Only worded slightly differently. See you're already there, you are a women. (insert big hug)

We all carry this fear, every last one of us and the best any of us can do is wish for the grace to recognise it in others. (Which you already do with bucketloads of Laurie warmth, kindness, insight and the open hand of friendship you extend  to everyone. Nobody gets left behind and if they do it's not for the want of trying) This is the strength of a woman.
Oh and less of the weird thank you very much. If trans, autistic, with a slight speech impediment, possible developing limp, a fear of bus stops and an even more irrational fear of pigeons weird then that's just plain nitpicking. And no I haven't got nits! ;D

Peace an love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

But I meant weird in and affectionate way Sadie. Really.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

Sadie, you are so very right.  None of us are normative persons, adhering to middle of the road cultural values, appearance, or behavior. That doesn't mean we are weird.

I like the older meaning of weird, as pertaining to the supernatural, out of the ordinary. Now, that's my style!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

•  

Shy

Quote from: Laurie on January 17, 2018, 02:53:55 PM
But I meant weird in and affectionate way Sadie. Really.

I know you did Laurie ;D It's just my dry British wit, it comes from being an islander you know. See my point in case or is it case in point? right there, you're concerned for peoples feelings.

Quote from: Michelle_P on January 17, 2018, 03:04:22 PM
Sadie, you are so very right.  None of us are normative persons, adhering to middle of the road cultural values, appearance, or behavior. That doesn't mean we are weird.

I like the older meaning of weird, as pertaining to the supernatural, out of the ordinary. Now, that's my style!
Me too, weird is creative, It's individual, colourful, (yes, islander's spell colourful with a an extra 'u') mysterious....... whatever your interpretation of it is, it's free of convention.

•  

Jayne01

I'm an islander too! I really big island! Does that make me weird and colourful? Does it, does it, does it??!!!! 🤪[emoji854][emoji56][emoji41]
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 17, 2018, 05:02:27 PM
I'm an islander too! I really big island! Does that make me weird and colourful? Does it, does it, does it??!!!! 🤪[emoji854][emoji56][emoji41]

Put a shrimp on the Barbie Sweetie and we'll talk about it!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Cali on January 17, 2018, 05:04:50 PM
Put a shrimp on the Barbie Sweetie and we'll talk about it!
Done! Barbie is still hot from breakfast.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 17, 2018, 05:02:27 PM

While I didn't attend my high school's first 10 year reunion, I did pay for the booklet they did.  When it asked what my plans were I said I was moving to Australia.  Reason I said that was that the cold war was still on and I figured that in the event of a nuclear war, Australia would be one of the areas that survived and this was before Mad Max :)  So you're a kewl Island Girl :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jayne01

•  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

p

Sending you lots of love, Laurie!  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Michelle_P

Laurie is a pretty special person for many of us posting here. Even the honey badgers are drawn to her.

Laurie, just be patient and heal in body and soul. Everything takes time. I'm confident you are here, and healing as part of a greater purpose in life. I know you have doubts, but your life will get better.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

I am okay today. My thought are on Kendra, Rebecca, Cindy, Liz, her wife and their girls, and Sara (Coldheart). All of them have something going on that I am concerned about. Kendra of course is or has undergoing GCS. I wanted very much to drive down there and be there for her but I had another commitment mad a couple months ago that required be to be home today. I toyed with the idea of running down there this afternoon but I have to get something fixed on my pickup so it can pass emission controls testing and get it registered before next month.So I'm going nowhere until after that gets done. The others are in my thoughts for different reasons that are not my place to elaborate on.
  Sara is of particularly of concern to me. Some of you may have noticed she closed her account here. So is also closing her Facebook account possibly by this weekend. I believe she then plans to close herself down. She has a dog and a cat she needs to find a home for first. I believe it is only those two things keeping her from trying to end her life again. I don't think anything is going to stop her.
   I message her everyday talking to her letting her know I care about her. She seldom answers but I can see when she reads them. I'm not the only one trying to reach her. Ashley does too. i am sure others talk to here too. Liz has, Artesia has. I've let her know I have shared her feelings and thoughts about first thinking of ending things and more recently my not thinking of doing something myself but still not wanting to be here. That if something were to happen that would do it for me I would welcome it. She got upset with me Tuesday over something I said. Wednesday she blasted me and said I have no idea how hard things are for her. That was the last thing she said to me.  I did some blasting back and telling her I wasn't angry but I thought she was probably mad at me. She had read the things I have messaged her since then so I know the she was alive today. Once she closes her facebook I won't even know that. It won't stop me from worrying about her.
She may not want to believe me but I do know how she feels.

Laurie