Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Re: Here I go again :-( 2.0

Started by Shy, January 17, 2018, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shy

Always loved the name it has Laurie written all over it ;D

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Jayne01

Way to go Laurie!

What have you done? You've done exactly what you have been wanting to do for a long time. I'm proud of you girl!

Jayne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on May 03, 2018, 10:51:52 AM
It's done. Papers signed, dated, turned in, and money paid.   OMG !! What have I done?

What have you done? You made me break into my happy dance! [emoji1380]

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

davina61

Happy dance x 2 , nice one Miss Laureata
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

OOOOPs everyone.   The turning in of the paperwork is done and fees paids. Now I wait for a court date. sorry if I confused you.

Hugs.
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Laurie on May 03, 2018, 02:42:27 PM
OOOOPs everyone.   The turning in of the paperwork is done and fees paids. Now I wait for a court date. sorry if I confused you.

Hugs.
  Laurie
No confusion here. Just happy for you that you took that first step. That is always the hardest one. The good news is we get to be all excited for you again when the court date arrives and your new name becomes official.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Shy

Quote from: Laurie on May 03, 2018, 02:42:27 PM

Hugs.
  Laurie

No more than an average days confusion here :) You don't need a rubber stamp to confirm it, you're Laurie. ;D

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Sarah_P

Yay!! Laurie's gonna be Laurie!!  :D
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Michelle_P

I'm so proud of Laurie for doing this.

I remember my courthouse trip in November 2016, to file my papers and get a court date.  My stomach was in knots, my head full of "what if..." worries.  I had carefully filled out the 5 'typewritten only' forms, all using scans and a laser printer to get everything just right.

Naturally, stuff happened.  "Oh, these forms need to be signed off by a probate judge."  Huh?  But I don't have a court date... "Upstairs, Room 206.  Next!"

So, I got in the queue upstairs.  Eventually a clerk glanced at the papers, hit them with a rubber stamp with the judges 'signature', and said they were OK and ready to file.  Back downstairs, take a number, wait some more...

It took me about 5 hours to file my name change stuff under the old California laws.  Now, like Oregon, the process here is much easier and the forms much simpler.

Still, unnerving to be making such a major change for my life, yet ultimately totally worth it.  But I sure did worry...

Laurie, you are going to be just fine.  You'll have documents to match the woman you are, and there's a certain comfort in that.   You'll see...
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Tessa James

Laurie your many friends here have never known some guy named Leonard.  We have known YOU!  Trouble is you and I have fought a decades long internal battle with ourselves about our shame while being confronted with those unsettling images of someone who looked like a guy.  Mirrors and pictures oh my!

Damn hard to erase those images from our memories and the life of experience associating as "him".  We give ourselves this luxury of self liberation and we might as well marinate in the truth that others see in us. 

We see Laurie!

Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Laurie

Oh my gosh!  Thank you everyone for your support. I already admitted my time of panic before going to file those papers and to be honest there is still some feeling of doubt about if I am doing the right thing or at the right time. I had to discuss my feelings with a few of you and that helped a lot as did the responses to it here. Because of that I was able to get up way earlier than I am normally wont to do, get ready and make it to the records department window at the designated time. When it was my turn I was able to calmly go to the window, show my ID and sign my legal name more legibly than I have been able to sign it in years. With all that done the clerk kept 2 of the forms and sent me to the cashier to pay the fees. There also I had no issues. I was asked it I really wanted 10 copies and I told the clerk "yes" and that I would rather have that many now rather than have to order more. They are only $5.25 a piece here so what the hey? I whipped out my debit card and took care of the bill. Easy peasy right? Now, I have 3 - 4 week to worry about it before I get to know when I have to stand in front of a judge and make it real.
  Again, thank all of you that commented and helped me get past my panic. Please stand by... you may be needed again.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Laurie on May 04, 2018, 04:11:27 PM
   ...Please stand by... you may be needed again.
Slap cannon is locked and loaded!

I doubt I will need to use it, but just in case, I have it on standby.

You've got this, Laurie!!!

Jayne
  •  

Laurie

•  

Tessa James

Quote from: Laurie on May 04, 2018, 04:11:27 PM
   Oh my gosh!  Thank you everyone for your support. I already admitted my time of panic before going to file those papers and to be honest there is still some feeling of doubt about if I am doing the right thing or at the right time. I had to discuss my feelings with a few of you and that helped a lot as did the responses to it here. Because of that I was able to get up way earlier than I am normally wont to do, get ready and make it to the records department window at the designated time. When it was my turn I was able to calmly go to the window, show my ID and sign my legal name more legibly than I have been able to sign it in years. With all that done the clerk kept 2 of the forms and sent me to the cashier to pay the fees. There also I had no issues. I was asked it I really wanted 10 copies and I told the clerk "yes" and that I would rather have that many now rather than have to order more. They are only $5.25 a piece here so what the hey? ....
{

Smart move girl.  I found I had way too many people and places to "fix" with the correct version.  Those copies are needed
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Laurie

Tonight's update is nothing to get excited about. In fact I wouldn't even read it and I haven't even written it yet.

No word on a court date. - It's too early.
I scheduled 4 electrolysis sessions this month. Already went to one and the last is a 2 hour session on the 31st.
I scheduled and appointment with my therapist for the 15th before my appointment with my pill pusher - Psych nurse practitioner.
I went for a 5 mile walk today and am in need of a shower.
After a shower I'm going to bed.

See? Not worth the time to read it.

Goodnight,
  Laurie

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Laurie on May 13, 2018, 10:43:32 PM
Tonight's update is nothing to get excited about. In fact I wouldn't even read it and I haven't even written it yet.

I scheduled 4 electrolysis sessions this month. Already went to one and the last is a 2 hour session on the 31st.
I scheduled and appointment with my therapist for the 15th before my appointment with my pill pusher - Psych nurse practitioner.

Goodnight,
  Laurie
Ok sister! Are you looking for a slap, I haven't given you one in a while, are you feeling withdrawal symptoms?

What's with the comments about your post not being worth reading? Maybe you should go sit yourself on top of your own fridge for a while. People are interested to know show you are going, even if it's just a small update, I know I am interested.

I am still excited for you for your upcoming court date, whenever that may be. How is your electrolysis going? Do you have much more to do until you are finished? I hope your therapy appointment goes well. You appear to be in a really good place lately. That Michelle girl seems to have sorted you out and put a smile on your face.

Good work with the 5 mile walk. It seems as though you need to take a selfie and send it to @Alaskan Danielle for her Hot and Sweaty montage.

Keep your updates coming, I am interested.

Jayne
  •  

Kendra

We are in your court, and hope you don't find that shocking.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

davina61

Now that is life, not every day/week is exciting but that does not mean no one is not interested, TBH you would have a job to match your travels!!!!! Hugs and XXXXXs (not wanting to make your GF jealous!!) Time for a shower catch you later (see)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on May 13, 2018, 10:43:32 PM

Goodnight,
  Laurie

Now I would have thought there are a few things missing off that list...one of them being "Skyped with Liz"...never mind, I am sure you will have it on another one  ;D

Good to hear you are still slogging out the miles...its good for you...I am now on a quest to improve my fitiness ahead of upcomming events but I don't think I would make 5 miles. Phew lucky to do 1 I should think. ;)

chat soon

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie