Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Re: Here I go again :-( 2.0

Started by Shy, January 17, 2018, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah_P

I've been worried about Sara, glad she's still in contact with some of you. I tried to offer some support and advice whenever she came back here, but I don't know if I was any help at all.

I am glad Laurie's feeling better though!
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Laurie

Hi folks,

I started my day texting a bit with Kendra which was nice as usual. I fixed breakfast sent Sara a message  did a bit of reading on the forums and then ran into computer problems by downloading a new video driver from nvidia. well it messed up FB messenger and made my second video card not work so I lost two of my displays and for awhile was down to only one.  I got out my laptop and started letting it update and the battery charge. I haven't turned it on for 7 months. I though it would be nice to have handy should I mess up my desktop even more in my attempts the figure out what the problem is. I've been thinking of doing another clean install with microsoft's latest available image so it wouldn't have taken much to get me to do it. but after a few hours I got it all working again.
  During this Sara decided to answer my earlier post. She seem a bit put out by my telling her that others here care about her and my telling her she matters. She was argumentative with me as I tried to tell her I understood how she feels but that i got help with medications and therapy and told her it could help her too. Her last response to me was "I do not want medication if i have that my HRT will be stopped & as i said i don't want help" I urged her not to give up and then asked her "Sara will you answer me this? What good does hrt do for you if you are not alive?' She read that but not the next yet. "Think about it Hun we need you here to enjoy what hrt can do for you." So once again I wait to see if she will be with us in the morning.
  So most of my day was spent on getting my desktop back into complete functioning order and I will again miss a lot of posts I'd like to read. It seems like I am further behind on the forums at the end of the day than I was at the beginnings. I can't seem to keep up.
  Oh I got up later than usual. I had a strange dream this morning. Very strange like i was in some kind of store, in there was a counter much like a auto parts store with guys behind it. There was also an open area wit tables and chairs. I was there to get my hair dyed a light blond by a woman there that I used to work with years ago in our office.
Before getting started the guys started tossing a foot ball around and to me and of course if I caught it I caught and threw it like a girl. I was lousy at it. Then it was time to get my hair washed and dyed I like d how is came out. But then I got perplexed, I began wondering why I did just take my hair off for her to dye it? About then I woke up. I guess I didn't want to know the answer. Well I told you it was weird....

Hugs,
    Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Queue theme to the twilight zone...

I wish I could interpret dreams...I don't remember many of mine...I used to remember them good or bad but since starting HRT I don't tend to remember the contents...probably got nothing to do with the HRT...

Fancy that!! Nvidia drivers that crashed your computer...I mean really...NVidia driver never do that ::) It has to be about one of the most annoying things that happens. I don't find it happens that often but to me more than once is too often. Hope you managed to get it all sorted

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

Oh yes, I got it back to the way it was, by doing a system restore. It might have even straightened some other things out too.

•  

Kendra

That's what I just had - system restore surgery.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

p

My dear, sweet Laurie, I am so glad to hear that you are experiencing some relief from some of your darkest thoughts. You are so kind for continuing to reach out to Sara and letting her know that she is not alone in this life. This generosity and warmth is what draws so many of us here on Susan's to you. I hope that in the coming months you will be able to see what we see and to say the words "I love you, Laurie" and to mean them. That's a big step, certainly, but I have been following your progress, and I think it's possible. Sending lots of love!  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: p on January 24, 2018, 11:49:02 AM
My dear, sweet Laurie, I am so glad to hear that you are experiencing some relief from some of your darkest thoughts. You are so kind for continuing to reach out to Sara and letting her know that she is not alone in this life. This generosity and warmth is what draws so many of us here on Susan's to you. I hope that in the coming months you will be able to see what we see and to say the words "I love you, Laurie" and to mean them. That's a big step, certainly, but I have been following your progress, and I think it's possible. Sending lots of love!  :-*

Patty,

Always my #1 fan. Your words have brought the first tears to run down my cheek in a few days. I welcome the tears because they acknowledge that I have friends that not only care about me, but also touch my heart strings. My inability to accept that caring is still something I have to deal with eventually, but that is my problem and I welcome knowing that you all do care in spite of it.
  I don't think I would be here to read them if not for the unwavering help and support of you and so many others here on Susan's Place. I also know that some of you had shared my doubts on making it this long. I was at a point where I was just waiting for spring When life begins anew, bringing new growth and beauty to the mountain forests here in Oregon. I had already decided on how and though not the specific spot (that was to be found during my last drive up into the mountains) The only thing left was the waiting. My plan was complete.
  I think I can say now that my plan is at least on hold. As I've mentioned before I felt the pills had started working. I am now sure they are. The first indication was that I wasn't actively thinking of the how. Though I had made my plan that still applies because it was no longer in my thoughts. The next was the where left my thoughts, aging I had my plan but like the how, where wasn't occupying my thoughts. When was slowly slipping away to and involved into banishing the thought of doing it myself. I still had no desire to be here but now it was morphed into just welcoming so other path leading to my demise. An accident, my cancer returning, anything that would do  the job. I didn't want to be here. Recently I've been fearful to say anything more than "I am a bit better" because I didn't want to put into words read by you here that read my thread, lest I fall back into my bad thinking. The truth is that I have been feeling a lot better. I think you all have probably noticed it in my more recent posts. I won't say I am happy. I won't say I'm past this depression. I have to say I am still not sure that I want to be here but neither am I sure that I don't any more. I'm more ambivalent about it.
  I don't trust this change in me, because I know it is the pills causing these changes. Nothing else has changed. All my issues are still there, because nothing has been done to resolve them. They will likely come back if I were to  stop taking the pills so I will continue to take them. Perhaps now my therapist and I can work on those issues. Maybe now I can resolve or at least accept some. Maybe now I will be able to learn to accept myself.
  Maybe now I can hope.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

steph2.0

Laurie,

You need to understand, not just intellectually, but deep down, that we all love you and think about you all the time. We have all been so worried about losing you, and it's so good to see you out helping others and leaving some of those dark thoughts behind.

It was done with a silly twist, but our ketchup joke in Scottsdale was meant to show you that we were all thinking about you. Hang in there, girl. We need you here.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Cassi

Couldn't agree more with Steph.

I probably would just be taking the HRT through the GP with no local support whatsoever if it hadn't been for you, Laurie.

You have a purpose in life and you are to touch as many women's souls as possible!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Faith

all seriousness aside, well not all, Lori has said she likes you based on the way you post. You cannot possibly deny a chance to become friends. She has an infectious smile though so be careful, it may rub off (just not on me, I'm immune)
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Faith on January 24, 2018, 01:21:29 PM
all seriousness aside, well not all, Lori has said she likes you based on the way you post. You cannot possibly deny a chance to become friends. She has an infectious smile though so be careful, it may rub off (just not on me, I'm immune)

"immune"  ain't them one of those alien races????????
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Cassi on January 24, 2018, 01:32:18 PM
"immune"  ain't them one of those alien races????????

careful now, I don't want to get deported ....

•  

Sephirah

Quote from: Laurie on January 24, 2018, 12:44:36 PM
I don't trust this change in me, because I know it is the pills causing these changes. Nothing else has changed. All my issues are still there, because nothing has been done to resolve them. They will likely come back if I were to  stop taking the pills so I will continue to take them. Perhaps now my therapist and can work on those issues. Maybe now I can resolve or at least accept some. Maybe now I will be able to learn to accept myself.
  Maybe now I can hope.

Hugs,
   Laurie

*big hugs*

Sometimes, you need help to part the clouds so the sun can light the path still to walk. Depression isn't a person, Laurie. It's something that happens to a person. It's something that needs to be treated so the person underneath can start to heal and deal with the issues that cause it. And if you can do that without the darkness interfering then so much the better.

I am glad you're feeling better, sweetie. And it's my hope that you can have hope. Keep going, okay? I believe in you. :)
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Faith

Laurie, in all seriousness, you are one of the ones that reached out and guided me, directly and indirectly. So many lives touched, so many more to reach out to. I don't have the words, I am not gifted. Maybe though, I can bring a smile to your face by putting one on mine.

I'm smiling for you, it is heartfelt and sincere.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on January 24, 2018, 01:56:43 PM
Laurie, in all seriousness, you are one of the ones that reached out and guided me, directly and indirectly. So many lives touched, so many more to reach out to. I don't have the words, I am not gifted. Maybe though, I can bring a smile to your face by putting one on mine.

I'm smiling for you, it is heartfelt and sincere.

OMG Faith! You're gorgeous! And that white top with your hair is perfect. What a gift to give Laurie and all of us!

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 24, 2018, 01:59:55 PM
OMG Faith! You're gorgeous! And that white top with your hair is perfect. What a gift to give Laurie and all of us!
- Stephanie

stop! you'll turn my mascara to mud

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on January 24, 2018, 02:04:13 PM
stop! you'll turn my mascara to mud

Seriously, girl. When we finally get together we'd better bring our wives along to fight off the men for us!

- Stephanie

•  

Laurie

Well ladies,

I thank each of you for your thoughts and support. Again I found tears running down my cheek for the second time this morning.
  I have to single you out Faith for taking that lovely smiling picture and posting it here along with your words. I too would like to meet you and Lori when I make that road trip out Florida way. I do have to say one thing to you though Faith. That picture you shared is your profile picture if I have to change it for you. That picture is the best one you have shared with us and it is beautiful. Don't believe us though ask Lori and she will agree with us. It is your avatar! I have spoken!

Hugs to all of you,
  Laurie

•  

Faith

Quote... Again I found tears running down my cheek for the second time this morning

mission accomplished :D

ps: how's that smilie? or should I use the one that I made for you?

Quote... I do have to say one thing to you though Faith. That picture you shared is your profile picture if I have to change it for you. That picture is the best one you have shared with us and it is beautiful. Don't believe us though ask Lori and she will agree with us. It is your avatar! I have spoken!

yes ma'am

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Faith on January 24, 2018, 03:27:34 PM
mission accomplished :D

ps: how's that smilie? or should I use the one that I made for you?

yes ma'am

Perfect, Love the picture Faith.