News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Re: Here I go again :-( 2.0

Started by Shy, January 17, 2018, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saha

Love and hugs Laurie.

Listen to your sisters, they are telling you what I want to tell you now.  They see and experience you as woman, so do I.  You can trust that.
  •  

KathyLauren

Laurie, treat life as another road trip.  You know how you are on a trip: onward to the next destination.  Your next destination is your name change. 

Just keep on taking the next step like it is another of your admirers that you are visiting.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

davina61

Well having done mine it doesn't make me feel any different and still being rather "blokey" in looks and voice its still a step closer to matching me in my head to me as presented. You could change your name to Rudolf the red nosed reindeer loves Christmas for all the difference it makes but when you say Hi my name is Laurie and all your cards and licences match that's got to be GOOD . Then (if you believe this stuff) I am an Aries (the ram) so head down and charge!!!!through life. 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Thank you all for your replies. Reading them brought tears to my eyes for the second time in two days. This time however they were tears of appreciation for showing me I have friends that love and care about me. Friends that want to help and do with your kind words.
  I am better with it today. I think I was just struck with some panic over what I am about to do. Why it does not fill me with excitement and joy, I don't know. To me it is a huge fearful thing. It is a step that will lead to erasing who I was. I should be happy about that considering how bad I was at being a man. I achieved the goals I'd set for myself and then destroyed each and every one. I failed at every step of the way. I failed as a boy, a man, a husband, a father, and a grandfather. Then why am I having such a hard time letting go of him so I can be who I have wished I was almost all my life? I've burned my bridges, there's no going back. I don't want to. I couldn't if I did, that life is destroyed.
  Going to have my name changed is scary for me. It is but the beginning. It opens the door to the things I haven't really thought that much about. Am I a woman? Change the name, change the gender on all my documents, Yes, I can do that but will that make me a woman? No. I don't know how to be a woman paperwork can't change that. Forget the clothes, the wig, and the voice coaching. None of those make me a woman. Boobs and HRT help yes but do the make me a woman? Will GCS? When and what will make me feel like a woman? Am I a woman? I wish I could say yes. I want to say yes. I still can't because I don't accept that I am. I don't know that I am.
  I'm stuck somewhere in the middle and afraid of moving. I refuse to go back. I can change my name but what if I'm wrong? What if I do it all and I find out I made a mistake? Why can't I be sure like everyone else?
  Doubts. Damn them!

@ Davina  I'm a Virgo maybe that's the problem Weaknesses: Shyness, worry, overly critical of self. Constantly worried that they missed a detail that will be impossible to fix, they can get stuck in details, becoming overly critical and concerned about matters that nobody else seems to care much about.  OMG that sounds so familiar.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jayne01

Laurie, this is just your fear talking. You have already recognised that which is great. Don't let the fear control you. Recognise it and move on. Legally changing your name is a significant event in your life. Having fears and questions come to the surface is to be expected. But you've got this. I would like to add to the other comments referring you to your recent road trip. Remember the Laurie that got in her lorry and drove it over 10,000 miles around the country meeting all these wonderful people.m? Every single one of those people you met were thrilled to meet you. You are an awesome person. You know who you are.

You said that you don't know "what" you are. Let me help you with that. "What" implies that you are referring to an object or a thing, something deserving of a label or being put in a box. You are none of those. You are YOU, so much more than any label can describe. You are one of a kind, as we all are. You know who you are in your heart. Own it!

Jayne
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Laurie on April 30, 2018, 03:46:06 PM
  Thank you all for your replies. Reading them brought tears to my eyes for the second time in two days. This time however they were tears of appreciation for showing me I have friends that love and care about me. Friends that want to help and do with your kind words.
  I am better with it today. I think I was just struck with some panic over what I am about to do. Why it does not fill me with excitement and joy, I don't know. To me it is a huge fearful thing. It is a step that will lead to erasing who I was. I should be happy about that considering how bad I was at being a man. I achieved the goals I'd set for myself and then destroyed each and every one. I failed at every step of the way. I failed as a boy, a man, a husband, a father, and a grandfather. Then why am I having such a hard time letting go of him so I can be who I have wished I was almost all my life? I've burned my bridges, there's no going back. I don't want to. I couldn't if I did, that life is destroyed.
  Going to have my name changed is scary for me. It is but the beginning. It opens the door to the things I haven't really thought that much about. Am I a woman? Change the name, change the gender on all my documents, Yes, I can do that but will that make me a woman? No. I don't know how to be a woman paperwork can't change that. Forget the clothes, the wig, and the voice coaching. None of those make me a woman. Boobs and HRT help yes but do the make me a woman? Will GCS? When and what will make me feel like a woman? Am I a woman? I wish I could say yes. I want to say yes. I still can't because I don't accept that I am. I don't know that I am.
  I'm stuck somewhere in the middle and afraid of moving. I refuse to go back. I can change my name but what if I'm wrong? What if I do it all and I find out I made a mistake? Why can't I be sure like everyone else?
  Doubts. Damn them!

@ Davina  I'm a Virgo maybe that's the problem Weaknesses: Shyness, worry, overly critical of self. Constantly worried that they missed a detail that will be impossible to fix, they can get stuck in details, becoming overly critical and concerned about matters that nobody else seems to care much about.  OMG that sounds so familiar.

Hugs,
  Laurie

@Laurie   Very nicely written and a good treatise on being a full-time trans-woman with a female name and documents to match.
Very nice to see your reply with answers and advice that will be a help all of those that have not quite yet gotten near the end of their journey.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

sarah1972

Can we blame the full moon this weekend for the increase in meltdowns?

Sorry for catching up so late. Having these doubts seems to be part of the transition unfortunately and I do believe any one of us has had them at times. At least I have had those and keep having those. Keep in mind, transitioning is one of the hardest and most challenging things anyone can do. It is also one of the most rewarding ones!

You are a beautiful women Laurie! Not only at the outside but even more important on the inside.

There are several big steps in a transition and every single one will cause doubts. I had written my work coming out email weeks before sending it and I had to wait for a great week of being Sarah to finally have the courage to send it. I hit send and immediately had doubts if it was the right thing.

I am very proud of you taking another big step forward! I know you have doubts, but having had the chance to meet Laurie and see your happiness showed me how far you have come in your journey.
A name is only an outward representation - so changing it to match who you are could be compared to change your makeup or dye your hair a different color (at least that is how I see it)

I know many are dysphoric about their past and go through great efforts to cover up their past. I have decided for myself to accept my old self. It is part of who I am and who I will be in the future. I hope this will also help me not seeing a name change as erasing my past, but in parts it still is.

Stay strong Laurie! You have so many fans and friends around the world (especially considering how we all lined up and fought for an audience with queen Laurie).

Hugs Sarah

Doubts. Damn them!

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: sarah1972 on May 01, 2018, 08:18:02 AM
I know many are dysphoric about their past and go through great efforts to cover up their past. I have decided for myself to accept my old self. It is part of who I am and who I will be in the future. I hope this will also help me not seeing a name change as erasing my past, but in parts it still is.
That is such a positive way to look at things. I have just started to embrace my past as forming the person I am today. I guess that is part of the reason I chose Jayne as my name. It isn't too different from John.

Jayne
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on April 30, 2018, 01:48:29 AM

....... I have yet to accept myself for who I am. I have not allowed myself to be a woman. At least its not the self hate I had been dealing with. ....

It's good to be home, is it?

Hugs,
   Laurie

Yes it is good to see you home :) I applaud your progress you are exactly right you have moved on....12 months ago you were struggling to get past all the self hate and now look at you...happy, with a girlfriend, loving what you have....that is a far better place than you were...by far

....Am I a woman? Change the name, change the gender on all my documents, Yes, I can do that but will that make me a woman? No. I don't know how to be a woman paperwork can't change that. Forget the clothes, the wig, and the voice coaching. None of those make me a woman. Boobs and HRT help yes but do the make me a woman? Will GCS? When and what will make me feel like a woman? Am I a woman? I wish I could say yes. I want to say yes. I still can't because I don't accept that I am. I don't know that I am.

Hugs,
  Laurie

You are a woman, you always have been a woman, you are slow to recognise her(but then most of us are)...you can't learn to be a woman...you can learn all the outward stuff, voice, clothes makeup etc etc but the rest is just you being true to yourself and when you are, that is when your "womanliness" shines through. You and I may never be able to fully extinguish our male conditioning but I for one am not going to stop trying without letting it consiume me.

I understand how it feels not to accept yourself as I still have moments where I think I have dived head first into a straight jacket...but then I only have to sit and listen to the quiet of my inner self to know i have made the right decions. I can become still, the turmoil that used to be my loud and constant companion is now a murmur of its former self.

Should have my new camera b y Friday so maybe we can try a skype?

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Tessa James

Laurie you are a soul searching kinda gal and a good pal too.  Our individual paths have known decades of self doubt, shame and that awful sense of failure.  Sometimes this results in internalized transphobia and a reluctance to accept ourselves.  I hated being a failed man but love being Tessa now. 
     For some of us no amount of transitional change, body, comportment, voice or other assistance will get us to self acceptance.  For some of us there is also a middle ground or, in my case, the realization and acceptance of having a non binary gender identity.  I wish I could clearly parse out all the reasons for being here in this middle ground but suffice it to say this is where I am really happy and need no more to feel content going on six years.
    My individual trip is unlike most and no reflection of yours but I share your reluctance to call myself a woman.  The language is but a part of feeling very different from other women and men cis ,straight, gay or binary trans.
    What I have done is make the changes to my ID and personal affect to reduce the discrimination, bigotry and hassle one can get with mismatched ID and appearance.  I have less hassles with TSA/airline travel, police and a sense of confidence having my name and gender more congruent.
    I submit that you can own your name and gender while still sorting out your feelings and place in the universe.  We need not have all the answers to make changes that work for us right now.  While surgery is pretty much irreversible, people have changed their names multiple times.  I think we are limited to once a year in Oregon.  Damn the torpedoes. Have at it girl! 
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

davina61

Did you make the 20 miles ( a doddle for you surly) sorry Laurie not Shirley. Forms deposited?   
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Jayne01 on April 30, 2018, 03:52:52 PM
Laurie, this is just your fear talking. You have already recognized that which is great. Don't let the fear control you. Recognize it and move on. Legally changing your name is a significant event in your life. Having fears and questions come to the surface is to be expected. But you've got this. I would like to add to the other comments referring you to your recent road trip. Remember the Laurie that got in her lorry and drove it over 10,000 miles around the country meeting all these wonderful people.m? Every single one of those people you met were thrilled to meet you. You are an awesome person. You know who you are.

You said that you don't know "what" you are. Let me help you with that. "What" implies that you are referring to an object or a thing, something deserving of a label or being put in a box. You are none of those. You are YOU, so much more than any label can describe. You are one of a kind, as we all are. You know who you are in your heart. Own it!

Jayne

Yes, @Jayne01, You are right it is fear, more precisely it is panic. Panic and doubt about doing the right thing and yet I know it is the right thing and I need to do this. I will do this. Then I will eventually move on to the next step no doubt full of doubt too. Thank you for your thoughts. I'm surprised you didn't include a slap with them. You are correct, I am Laurie, me, and one of a kind. (That is a good thing for you folks)

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on April 30, 2018, 03:55:25 PM
@Laurie   Very nicely written and a good treatise on being a full-time trans-woman with a female name and documents to match.
Very nice to see your reply with answers and advice that will be a help all of those that have not quite yet gotten near the end of their journey.
Hugs,
Danielle

Thank you, @Alaskan Danielle. I had to laugh a bit at your reply. I'm afraid I wasn't thinking what I was writing would be a help to anyone really. They were more musings from my jumbled thoughts about myself and my current turmoil over changing my name. In the end the change is a necessary step in this process of becoming Laurie. But it will not make me a woman. None of the steps we take can do that. This is because as Liz has said, we are women, we have always been women. Now if I can only come to believe that in my own mind I will be that woman I want to be. I'm working on it.

Quote from: sarah1972 on May 01, 2018, 08:18:02 AM
Can we blame the full moon this weekend for the increase in meltdowns?

Sorry for catching up so late. Having these doubts seems to be part of the transition unfortunately and I do believe any one of us has had them at times. At least I have had those and keep having those. Keep in mind, transitioning is one of the hardest and most challenging things anyone can do. It is also one of the most rewarding ones!

You are a beautiful women Laurie! Not only at the outside but even more important on the inside.

There are several big steps in a transition and every single one will cause doubts. I had written my work coming out email weeks before sending it and I had to wait for a great week of being Sarah to finally have the courage to send it. I hit send and immediately had doubts if it was the right thing.

I am very proud of you taking another big step forward! I know you have doubts, but having had the chance to meet Laurie and see your happiness showed me how far you have come in your journey.
A name is only an outward representation - so changing it to match who you are could be compared to change your makeup or dye your hair a different color (at least that is how I see it)

Stay strong Laurie! You have so many fans and friends around the world (especially considering how we all lined up and fought for an audience with queen Laurie).

Hugs Sarah

Thank you for your thoughts also, @sarah1972 . Again, I can't see that woman inside or on the outside that many of you say they see. I wish I could. It is what I want. I wish changing my name was as easy as changing my makeup. (Coloring my hair is another matter. I'd need some hair to color first.) But you are right about doubts and taking steps. Each I have undertaken have been full of doubts. Like those before I will take this one.
  I am very glad that we did get to meet Sarah. You impressed me with your attitude and resolve to do what you need to do. Just look at you going to the gym and using the locker room that is appropriate for your. I read and enjoy your updates.I do like your avatar too and not just because I took the picture. It reminds me of our meeting each time I see it.

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 02, 2018, 12:45:07 AM
Yes it is good to see you home :) I applaud your progress you are exactly right you have moved on....12 months ago you were struggling to get past all the self hate and now look at you...happy, with a girlfriend, loving what you have....that is a far better place than you were...by far

You are a woman, you always have been a woman, you are slow to recognise her(but then most of us are)...you can't learn to be a woman...you can learn all the outward stuff, voice, clothes makeup etc etc but the rest is just you being true to yourself and when you are, that is when your "womanliness" shines through. You and I may never be able to fully extinguish our male conditioning but I for one am not going to stop trying without letting it consiume me.

I understand how it feels not to accept yourself as I still have moments where I think I have dived head first into a straight jacket...but then I only have to sit and listen to the quiet of my inner self to know i have made the right decions. I can become still, the turmoil that used to be my loud and constant companion is now a murmur of its former self.

Should have my new camera b y Friday so maybe we can try a skype?

Take care

Liz

Thank you @ElizabethK, You have helped me so much with so many things. You are so right about my being in a far better frame of mind these days. I am not sure I would be here today without your help. I mean that lady. Tears are flowing as I type this. Thank you.
  You are always telling me I am a woman and damn it I do want to be one. I wish I could accept what you and others try to tell me but then I run into those acceptance issues. I don't know what it will take to overcome them and accept that yes, I am a woman but I know it will take more than a name and clothes.
  Yes, when you get your new webcam we will try both your and mine out with Skype.

Quote from: Tessa James on May 02, 2018, 01:53:41 PM
Laurie you are a soul searching kinda gal and a good pal too.  Our individual paths have known decades of self doubt, shame and that awful sense of failure.  Sometimes this results in internalized transphobia and a reluctance to accept ourselves.  I hated being a failed man but love being Tessa now. 
     For some of us no amount of transitional change, body, comportment, voice or other assistance will get us to self acceptance.  For some of us there is also a middle ground or, in my case, the realization and acceptance of having a non binary gender identity.  I wish I could clearly parse out all the reasons for being here in this middle ground but suffice it to say this is where I am really happy and need no more to feel content going on six years.
    My individual trip is unlike most and no reflection of yours but I share your reluctance to call myself a woman.  The language is but a part of feeling very different from other women and men cis ,straight, gay or binary trans.
    What I have done is make the changes to my ID and personal affect to reduce the discrimination, bigotry and hassle one can get with mismatched ID and appearance.  I have less hassles with TSA/airline travel, police and a sense of confidence having my name and gender more congruent.
    I submit that you can own your name and gender while still sorting out your feelings and place in the universe.  We need not have all the answers to make changes that work for us right now.  While surgery is pretty much irreversible, people have changed their names multiple times.  I think we are limited to once a year in Oregon.  Damn the torpedoes. Have at it girl! 

@Tessa James my friend, I thank you for your thoughts and encouragement and you are right I need to go ahead and do this thing. I've gotten over that initial panic and am committed to doing it. Now if I can just get myself there to do it.

Quote from: davina61 on May 02, 2018, 03:28:21 PM
Did you make the 20 miles ( a doddle for you surly) sorry Laurie not Shirley. Forms deposited?   
@davina61 , No  :embarrassed: I did not. This is an example of why Laurie does not make "Plans". I had set 3 alarms from 5:30am so I would get up eat, dress, do my makeup and drive those 20 miles and be there by 8am to turn these forms in. There was something on the sticky note about these being taken care of 8 or 8:30 to 9am. I got up about 7:30 having dismissed all 3 alarms. /sigh

Again thank all of you for sharing your thoughts and kind comments. I will get the paperwork turned in. When? I don't know, but it will get done. I have said it and because it is posted, I am committed to doing it.

Love & Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jayne01

SLAP!!!!!

Is that better? I'd hate to disappoint you. [emoji57]

Laurie, you have come so far since I first met you here on the forum. And you have helped me along on my journey. You are having trouble seeing yourself as a woman. Is it enough for you to know that we all see you as a woman and a good friend? It makes no difference to me or anyone else here, I'm sure, how you see yourself. We just want you to be happy. You are a really cool person named Laurie, soon to be backed up by official ID documentation. Enjoy the person you are without putting too much pressure on yourself to "see" a woman in the mirror. Allow your story to unfold naturally. We already love you for who you are.

Jayne

PS: <<<SLAP!!!>>> (Just so you know it's me [emoji16] )
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Laurie on April 30, 2018, 01:48:29 AMHow can you feel like a woman when you have no idea what a woman feels?
I know exactly what you mean by this.  I don't know what it feels like to be a woman either.  But then, neither do I know what it feels like to be a man.  What I feel like, what I have always felt like, is ME!  Whatever the heck that is.

Intellectually, I know enough of the biology to know that I have always been a woman.  A woman who thought she was a man for a long time.  I was confused enough to delay taking action for over 60 years.  But that is not feelings.  What my feelings told me, and still tell me, is that I am me.  So the categories don't help me. 

What helped was knowing what this "me" wanted.  I wanted a female presentation.  My earliest trans memory was of wanting to be the girl in the photo.  Not just wanting to be "a girl", whatever that meant (and at the time, I had no idea wat it meant), but in particular wanting to wear that pretty blue dress.  All my life, I didn't know what being a woman or a man felt like, but I knew what I wanted: a feminine presentation.

So now, I have that feminine presentation, and I am happy with it.  I still don't know what being a woman feels like, but I don't care.  I am a woman, so I guess this is what being a woman feels like.

Part of that feminine presentation, a necessary part to complete that presentation, was changing my name to a feminine one.

My strategy all along has been to not agonize over stuff I don't understand.  Or stuff that I have no control over.  Once I realized that I did understand being trans, and I did have control over my presentation, it was full speed ahead.

I don't know if any of this strikes a chord with you.  Hopefully, you find it helpful.  We don't need total certainty in our lives.  We just need a direction.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Shy

For me the thought of walking outside without my wig and face on is just unthinkable now. I don't think I could do it and probably a strong indication I'm in the right ballpark.

Thing is none of us know what it is to be anything other than ourselves. Our realities are tied to our unique experience, It's only when start comparing that we loose sight of who we are.

I prefer the question 'do I feel like a man?'. I have a whole lifetime of experience to help me answer that one. I don't.
I have a few happy memories of he that I'm allowing some space to grieve over. It's not easy for sure, letting go is hard, nobody's taught me how to grieve, but it doesn't alter my truth.

Transitioning is a process, it's the well documented 'in-betweens' stage that are the hardest because the questions are neither from one side or the other. This is temporary, at some point the balance will shift and you will be able to experience the world as yourself.

Just some ramblings Laurie, I certainly don't have all the answers but I can relate to your thoughts and these are just some of mine.

Have an awesome day, I'm just off to vote but there's nothing to vote for. What's a girl to do?

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

It's done. Papers signed, dated, turned in, and money paid.   OMG !! What have I done?

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

•  

sarah1972

What have you done? Made all of us very proud of you! So happy Laurie!

Quote from: Laurie on May 03, 2018, 10:51:52 AM
It's done. Papers signed, dated, turned in, and money paid.   OMG !! What have I done?

•  

PollyQMcLovely

Quote from: Laurie on May 03, 2018, 10:51:52 AM

Congrats!!!
  •  

Kendra

WHOA!  Laurie is Laurie!  Yaaaaayyyyyyy!

And Sadie, this is so true and perceptive:
Quote from: Shy on May 03, 2018, 03:45:29 AM
I prefer the question 'do I feel like a man?'. I have a whole lifetime of experience to help me answer that one. I don't.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

KathyLauren

•