Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Re: Here I go again :-( 2.0

Started by Shy, January 17, 2018, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

Quote from: Laurie on July 15, 2018, 02:04:01 AM
   Thank you again @Jayne01 @Jessica @ElizabethK and @JudiBlueEyes I appreciate all the comments of support and even the rough handling from Liz. Sorry if my message is a bit mumbled it is difficult to be heard when facing a corner. And Judi you are not the only one to point out that I have helped others and that I am not who I was, but it is hard to believe those things when your head is full of bad memories and fears of those reoccurring again. Those are the ghosts I fight. They may be insubstantial but they are there. Ironically it is just the fact that I have fallen in love with Michelle and she with me that has triggered this battle within myself.

Hugs,
  Laurie
Laurie,

Those memories and fears you have are not insubstantial, they are very real and affecting you. They are not something to be dismissed, rather, they should be treated with respect and acknowledged for what they are....memories of a past life. People can change and you have demonstrated that time and time again. You are no longer that person you describe. I have never met the old you and from your descriptions, that sounds like a total stranger to me. It does not describe who you are now.

I can understand why these memories and fears have been triggered, causing you this internal battle. You have found something very special with Michelle, something you do not want to lose. You are worried your old self may surface to repeat past mistakes. I don't think that is possible. I believe your old self is not hiding beneath the surface but gone completely. Go easy on yourself and trust that you have changed for the better.

You can come out of the corner now. [emoji16]

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Laurie on July 15, 2018, 02:22:15 AM
On a different note....

BEWARE! No One is Safe !

Wooohoooo!!!! Laurie is doing a road trip down under!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Laurie on July 15, 2018, 02:22:15 AM
On a different note....

BEWARE! No One is Safe !

@ElizabethK your admonishment to Laurie may find yourself put on the top of a fridge when she shows up at your door!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

KathyLauren

I might have to start dusting.  :o
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

LizK

madly scrambling to remove everything off the top of the fridge...especially after making her go stand in the corner yesterday
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: ElizabethK on July 15, 2018, 05:47:24 PM
madly scrambling to remove everything off the top of the fridge...especially after making her go stand in the corner yesterday

I'm checking ship schedules between the US West Coast and Sydney, as well as rail and other transport between Sydney and Adelaide, at the suggestion of the badgers.

At some point we may need to trans-ship Laurie to the Southern Hemisphere. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

davina61

Is that a round the world trip , do I have to vac and dust, clean top of fridge and make a banquet ? BTW still spaces at the UK meetup ;)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jayne01

<Jayne is busily making preparations>
  •  

sarah1972

You too??? Sneaking in a new avatar? Looks great Laurie! Love your new avatar.

Also: Congrats on your brand new Passport!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on July 16, 2018, 05:08:23 PM

Hugs,

Sarah

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah: 

It appears that a lot of the members are updating their Avatar photos lately.   Hmmm, perhaps it is your turn sometime in the near future.   Please, only post a new Avatar if you feel comfortable doing it, no pressure.
I did see a new picture of you on one of your recent posts....
... you are looking good for sure!!!    Hot Mama #2   ::) >:-)

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on July 16, 2018, 03:27:44 PM
Is that a round the world trip , do I have to vac and dust, clean top of fridge and make a banquet ? BTW still spaces at the UK meetup ;)

I have no plans for travel Davina. You know that. You will need to talk to Michelle.

Quote from: Jayne01 on July 16, 2018, 04:44:03 PM

<Jayne is busily making preparations>

Looks like someone is getting the message.

Quote from: sarah1972 on July 16, 2018, 05:08:23 PM

Hugs,

Sarah

What? This ol' thing?  I already have another hair style sitting on my dresser that Michelle likes better. I'm not sure though. And look who's talking you have changed your avatar more than I, Hot Mama Sarah.

Hugs to all,
  Laurie

Oh I almost forgot. I received my card passport today completing my order. They still need to mail my birth certificate back.
  Another thing I got done today... I enrolled at Kaiser Permanente HMO so I can get into their Transgender program to avail myself of their services that I cannot get at the VA. My coverage should start August 1st.

LJW

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Nicely done LJW

Glad you made the decision to follow through...as someone famous once said..."the futures so bright   I   she needs shades"

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica

@Laurie @Michelle_P @Cindy @ElizabethK

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 16, 2018, 02:28:12 PM
I'm checking ship schedules between the US West Coast and Sydney, as well as rail and other transport between Sydney and Adelaide, at the suggestion of the badgers.

At some point we may need to trans-ship Laurie to the Southern Hemisphere. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Honey Badgers want to visit the home of the Australian Apis mellifera.  They tell me that they make the best badger food down under.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

Hi Folks,

I will be covered by Kaiser Permanente on August first.

I got a call from one of their customer service people to update my information. (I used to have Kaiser about 10 years ago through work) During the call I confirmed I was interested in their transgender services, He asked what kind of services I was interested in and assumed immediately that I wanted GCS. OMG! I don't even know what it is I want yet! I did tell him that at a minimum I would like to see at least 2/3 of the dangly parts gone and a trachea shave as I have never like either. So off he goes with an orchiectomy! I had to stop him again and tell him I would probably incorporate that with GCS should I choose to do it and the trachea  shave with VFS should I choose that also.. Anyway he has put in a referral to their gender program people and I'll be getting a call from them.
  They are already getting things rolling and I am not even covered by them yet. Suddenly, I have this feeling of a large steam roller being aimed right at me.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Faith

awesome for you Laurie, there's no slowing down now!

I wish there was something like Kaiser in Florida, I go nuthin' :(
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Faith on July 23, 2018, 05:16:23 PM
awesome for you Laurie, there's no slowing down now!

I wish there was something like Kaiser in Florida, I go nuthin' :(

Thank you Faith.  Florida doesn't have any HMOs that offer a transgender program?  I hope you can find insurance when you do decide you need it.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Laurie on July 23, 2018, 04:52:42 PM
Hi Folks,

I will be covered by Kaiser Permanente on August first.

I got a call from one of their customer service people to update my information. (I used to have Kaiser about 10 years ago through work) During the call I confirmed I was interested in their transgender services, He asked what kind of services I was interested in and assumed immediately that I wanted GCS. OMG! I don't even know what it is I want yet! I did tell him that at a minimum I would like to see at least 2/3 of the dangly parts gone and a trachea shave as I have never like either. So off he goes with an orchiectomy! I had to stop him again and tell him I would probably incorporate that with GCS should I choose to do it and the trachea  shave with VFS should I choose that also.. Anyway he has put in a referral to their gender program people and I'll be getting a call from them.
  They are already getting things rolling and I am not even covered by them yet. Suddenly, I have this feeling of a large steam roller being aimed right at me.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Gulp! Plans!!!

•  

Tessa James

Quote from: Laurie on July 23, 2018, 04:52:42 PM
Hi Folks,.......
Anyway he has put in a referral to their gender program people and I'll be getting a call from them.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Not to worry girl.  That steam roller is all steam and you assert your individual care plan well after intake and interviews.  I know the team over there, after nearly 6 years, and they include people that share our lived experience.  I do encourage you to know about the small print as each plan is written for an individual or the company employees being covered.  You may wish to ask specifically about that shave and haircut and ensure nothing you may want is excluded.  See ya at the gender pathways clinic....
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Jessica on July 23, 2018, 06:24:45 PM
Gulp! Plans!!!

((((Slap))))

You know better!  Especially at this point.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Tessa James on July 23, 2018, 06:26:41 PM
Not to worry girl.  That steam roller is all steam and you assert your individual care plan well after intake and interviews.  I know the team over there, after nearly 6 years, and they include people that share our lived experience.  I do encourage you to know about the small print as each plan is written for an individual or the company employees being covered.  You may wish to ask specifically about that shave and haircut and ensure nothing you may want is excluded.  See ya at the gender pathways clinic....

Are you going to come hold my hand?

btw You have mentioned knowing about Kaiser before, how? it may become relevant.....

Hugs,
  Laurie