News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Extreme Music

Started by Evienne, February 09, 2018, 08:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evienne

Hillo,

I felt like sharing a random site I have been quite into for a little bit of time now.

Extreme Music (https://www.extrememusic.com) is an industrial stock music website. It is designed for people who are actually in the industry (like an editor for example) to license music tracks, however anybody at all can go on the site and listen to some really fun music.
The thing is, being it's intended for film/video usage there is a LOT of awesome soundtrack style music on it. Is that not your thing? Don't worry, this site has pretty much any genre of music on it you could think of. They have your pop and stuff, but ugh, why come to this unique site for that. Personally I'm a big fan of the "Directors Cuts" series. You can find an album of music for any movie situation you could think of like Paranormal Underscores, Spy Comedy, Cerebral Drama, Space Adventure, Dark Americana, etc. or you can find some of the most strange ideas that are just so fun to listen to such as Epic Christmas!

Whatever you think of, this site probably has. If you like a lighter side though they also have Celtic music or good ol' classical music.

There are SO, so many different types of albums on this site it's defiantly worth a look. This blog is pretty bias because it's mostly only been talking about the "Directors Cuts" series, but there is much more than those. You can find synth or dubstep, country, rock, etc as well if you're into those.
I found the site because my favorite soundtrack orchestra Two Steps From Hell (who I also recommend) gets licensed through this site.

But yeah, I just thought I'd share a great site for music listening purposes. You just can't buy any of the songs on the site unless you work for a company in the industry, but they are always free to listen to online. No account needed!
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

TicTac

This is a pretty great website. I must say that it is a bit overwhelming due to how much music there is. Like, I am looking at all these interesting album covers and I just don't know where to start lol. I found some Grunge pop which is pretty cool. Hmm, I wonder if they have Gothic Rock on here...
  •  

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 21, 2018, 10:51:14 PM
This is a pretty great website. I must say that it is a bit overwhelming due to how much music there is. Like, I am looking at all these interesting album covers and I just don't know where to start lol. I found some Grunge pop which is pretty cool. Hmm, I wonder if they have Gothic Rock on here...

Idk exactly what gothic rock sounds like so not sure. I do know of one album called creep rock that I personally find enjoyable, so maybe that's close to what your looking for??
https://www.extrememusic.com/albums/3119
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 22, 2018, 12:13:23 AM
Idk exactly what gothic rock sounds like so not sure. I do know of one album called creep rock that I personally find enjoyable, so maybe that's close to what your looking for??
https://www.extrememusic.com/albums/3119

Oh yeah, I found Creep Rock while browsing the website. I also found something called HORROR 2 which is a directors cut from a film I guess? It is pretty great though! Love all the Horror, Fear, and Paranormal stuff they have on here. They do not have Gothic Rock but that is fine!

Gothic Rock is stuff like Angels of Liberty, Typo o Negative, Bauhaus, Siouxsie And The Banshees. Who knows, you might be into that? You should look up Gothic Rock on google, it will show you a bunch of bands to listen to.
  •  

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 22, 2018, 02:10:46 AM
Oh yeah, I found Creep Rock while browsing the website. I also found something called HORROR 2 which is a directors cut from a film I guess? It is pretty great though! Love all the Horror, Fear, and Paranormal stuff they have on here. They do not have Gothic Rock but that is fine!

Gothic Rock is stuff like Angels of Liberty, Typo o Negative, Bauhaus, Siouxsie And The Banshees. Who knows, you might be into that? You should look up Gothic Rock on google, it will show you a bunch of bands to listen to.

Guess I'll google it then. That directors cuts though that is an album series that currently has 185 albums. I made it my goal to listen to every single one of them starting from the beginning. I'm currently at 140 so getting close. There is a "Gothic Adventure" (110) there but not sure that's the same.
I think my favorites that I know of in the series so far are:
+Dark Americana (149)
+Epic Christmas (170)
+Celtic Adventure 2 (169)
+Cereberal Drama (117)
+Cirque Noir (099)
+Eco Fantacy (076)
+Builds (035)
But that's just my opinion. There are lots of other creepy albums too if you like that such as Dark Mystery (063) or Psychological Horror 3 (132).
It's just a great series cuz it has pretty much anything you need for movie/videogame/trailer/commercial situations.

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 22, 2018, 01:37:12 PM
Guess I'll google it then. That directors cuts though that is an album series that currently has 185 albums. I made it my goal to listen to every single one of them starting from the beginning. I'm currently at 140 so getting close. There is a "Gothic Adventure" (110) there but not sure that's the same.
I think my favorites that I know of in the series so far are:
+Dark Americana (149)
+Epic Christmas (170)
+Celtic Adventure 2 (169)
+Cereberal Drama (117)
+Cirque Noir (099)
+Eco Fantacy (076)
+Builds (035)
But that's just my opinion. There are lots of other creepy albums too if you like that such as Dark Mystery (063) or Psychological Horror 3 (132).
It's just a great series cuz it has pretty much anything you need for movie/videogame/trailer/commercial situations.

Yeah, this website is pretty awesome. 185 albums?? That is crazy but also great at the same time  :) I will check out everything you listed because it sounds awesome, and plus I just like music. Epic Christmas alone sounds super great lol. So yeah, thanks for recommending the site! It is great!

Gothic Rock is not for everyone, but no harm in giving it a shot! Who knows,  you might find a band or a song that you really like.
  •  

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 22, 2018, 02:30:16 PM
Gothic Rock is not for everyone, but no harm in giving it a shot! Who knows,  you might find a band or a song that you really like.
So I looked up the bands you listed. Gotta say I was very surprised. I was expecting them to be much more modern almost close to metal sounding just judging by the name. Didn't realize the genre actually started in the late 70s so that's pretty cool. I do like a lot of the older music so it wasn't bad.

Just goes to show though that you should not judge a type a music by it's name only. Like idk if I told you already but my favorite group is "Two Steps From Hell" (which you can find on that site and they actually do sell some of their music). My dad really disliked it when he found out I started listening to a group by that name. Told me all about how that bad kind of music leads to sin and stuff. Yes, they do have some dark style of music because they are a soundtrack orchestra that does all types of styles, but they are mostly powerful and inspirational and actually have some of the most beautiful music I know. Take Thomas Bergersen's song "Compass" for example. In my opinion it is the most beautiful piece of music he's written and you wouldn't expect to hear something like this if you only judged based on the title "Two Steps From Hell." Ps. If you wanna hear it may I recommend closing your eyes for this one.

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 22, 2018, 03:32:00 PM
So I looked up the bands you listed. Gotta say I was very surprised. I was expecting them to be much more modern almost close to metal sounding just judging by the name. Didn't realize the genre actually started in the late 70s so that's pretty cool. I do like a lot of the older music so it wasn't bad.

Just goes to show though that you should not judge a type a music by it's name only. Like idk if I told you already but my favorite group is "Two Steps From Hell" (which you can find on that site and they actually do sell some of their music). My dad really disliked it when he found out I started listening to a group by that name. Told me all about how that bad kind of music leads to sin and stuff. Yes, they do have some dark style of music because they are a soundtrack orchestra that does all types of styles, but they are mostly powerful and inspirational and actually have some of the most beautiful music I know. Take Thomas Bergersen's song "Compass" for example. In my opinion it is the most beautiful piece of music he's written and you wouldn't expect to hear something like this if you only judged based on the title "Two Steps From Hell." Ps. If you wanna hear it may I recommend closing your eyes for this one.

Awesome! I am glad you liked some of the music. Yeah, Gothic Rock is not metal which is great because metal tends to give me a bit of a headache, although I do like some of it but not much. 

Yeah, I know you like Two Steps from Hell. I checked them out a day or so ago and they are great! There were some songs I have heard of before such as Protectors of the Earth,  but I did not know it came from them. I found 2 songs that I really like (Armada & See me Fight) so yeah they are great. That song is beautiful (Compass) You also shared another group (MajorVoice) I really like the Wonderful Life song he did.

My Grandfather loved orchestra music, and he used to share some of his favorites with me. A lot of it was Christmas music such as the Trans-Siberian Orchestra but that stuff is great! So yeah, I dig orchestra music lol.

My dad is religious too, but he likes rock/ metal and is not bothered by dark stuff. Yeah, your dad should totally check this music out before judging because it is great!
  •  

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 22, 2018, 04:58:38 PM
Awesome! I am glad you liked some of the music. Yeah, Gothic Rock is not metal which is great because metal tends to give me a bit of a headache, although I do like some of it but not much. 

Yeah, I know you like Two Steps from Hell. I checked them out a day or so ago and they are great! There were some songs I have heard of before such as Protectors of the Earth,  but I did not know it came from them. I found 2 songs that I really like (Armada & See me Fight) so yeah they are great. That song is beautiful (Compass) You also shared another group (MajorVoice) I really like the Wonderful Life song he did.

My Grandfather loved orchestra music, and he used to share some of his favorites with me. A lot of it was Christmas music such as the Trans-Siberian Orchestra but that stuff is great! So yeah, I dig orchestra music lol.

My dad is religious too, but he likes rock/ metal and is not bothered by dark stuff. Yeah, your dad should totally check this music out before judging because it is great!
It was for sure listenable to for me. Not gonna call it my favorite type of music, but it was for sure ok.

It is cool that you found to like "See Me Fight." I just posted that one in a different thread as being the first song in my life I related to what it was saying. Just to bad it's a sad one XD
But that was a pretty different style for Thomas Bergersen. The previous album "Vanquish" had a song called "Dangerous" on it which boy did I love that too. It's similar style but different tone. I'm sorry to keep pushing more and more songs on you but I mean they have hundreds if you keep talking to me I'll keep saying stuff XD

But my father is over that opinion now. I love the transiberian orchestra though. He's into a lot of classical and so am I too. I still love me some Tchaikovsky or Wagner but yeah...guess that's it. I'll uh...the end.

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 22, 2018, 06:22:11 PM
It was for sure listenable to for me. Not gonna call it my favorite type of music, but it was for sure ok.

It is cool that you found to like "See Me Fight." I just posted that one in a different thread as being the first song in my life I related to what it was saying. Just to bad it's a sad one XD
But that was a pretty different style for Thomas Bergersen. The previous album "Vanquish" had a song called "Dangerous" on it which boy did I love that too. It's similar style but different tone. I'm sorry to keep pushing more and more songs on you but I mean they have hundreds if you keep talking to me I'll keep saying stuff XD

But my father is over that opinion now. I love the transiberian orchestra though. He's into a lot of classical and so am I too. I still love me some Tchaikovsky or Wagner but yeah...guess that's it. I'll uh...the end.

Yeah, I really like See Me Fight and Compass was also pretty good. Honestly, I don't mind talking about music with you as I think your taste in music is great! So yeah, I also looked up Dangerous and I think it is pretty good as well. The more songs I can add to my playlist the better!

Tchaikovsky is great! I love the Dance Of The Sugarplum Fairy in particular although all the stuff he has made is awesome. Wagner is great as well of course.

Sometimes I don't know how to end a comment either, so whateves lol.
  •  

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 22, 2018, 09:51:20 PM
Yeah, I really like See Me Fight and Compass was also pretty good. Honestly, I don't mind talking about music with you as I think your taste in music is great! So yeah, I also looked up Dangerous and I think it is pretty good as well. The more songs I can add to my playlist the better!

Tchaikovsky is great! I love the Dance Of The Sugarplum Fairy in particular although all the stuff he has made is awesome. Wagner is great as well of course.

Sometimes I don't know how to end a comment either, so whateves lol.

Well it sure is cool to talk about musical tastes with others and great to hear you have a taste for classical as well ^0^
But I have guided you through part of my brain. I will leave it up to you from-now-on to find your own enjoyment in songs you may find. Nice chatting with you and hope you enjoy growing your playlist now :)

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 22, 2018, 10:01:41 PM
Well it sure is cool to talk about musical tastes with others and great to hear you have a taste for classical as well ^0^
But I have guided you through part of my brain. I will leave it up to you from-now-on to find your own enjoyment in songs you may find. Nice chatting with you and hope you enjoy growing your playlist now :)

It has been nice talking to you as well Sam! Thank you for sharing all the awesome music!  :) Maybe we can talk about more music in the future? Anyways, thanks again! See you later!
  •  

DustKitten

TicTac, have you listened to The Shroud? Their vocalist has an ethereal sound I really enjoy.

My personal favorite goth bands both hit their stride in the 90s: Faith and the Muse has an eclectic style, and London After Midnight has a slightly more electronic feel than the older 80s bands.

I'm also into some deathrock; 45 Grave and Christian Death are the original and best bands in the genre. They both get lumped into goth rock these days, since they were essentially the same movement happening on a different continent, with a more aggressive punk sound.

For less mainstream bands, I'd recommend NU:N for goth rock (I think they're from Portugal or Spain, don't remember which. They got started a few years back but I don't know if they still play) and Rebel Christening for deathrock.

Ex-Voto and Merciful Nuns are pretty good, too.

Nice to see alternative types on the threads  :) makes me feel less lonely, though I tend to think of myself as more of a punk than a goth (I like colors and sunshine and happy things too much to call myself gothic anymore).
  •  

Cismalli

oh i thought this thread was about the band extreme :( :P
  •  

RabbitSpectre

Quote from: DustKitten on May 29, 2018, 08:29:21 AM
TicTac, have you listened to The Shroud? Their vocalist has an ethereal sound I really enjoy.

My personal favorite goth bands both hit their stride in the 90s: Faith and the Muse has an eclectic style, and London After Midnight has a slightly more electronic feel than the older 80s bands.

I'm also into some deathrock; 45 Grave and Christian Death are the original and best bands in the genre. They both get lumped into goth rock these days, since they were essentially the same movement happening on a different continent, with a more aggressive punk sound.

For less mainstream bands, I'd recommend NU:N for goth rock (I think they're from Portugal or Spain, don't remember which. They got started a few years back but I don't know if they still play) and Rebel Christening for deathrock.

Ex-Voto and Merciful Nuns are pretty good, too.

Nice to see alternative types on the threads  :) makes me feel less lonely, though I tend to think of myself as more of a punk than a goth (I like colors and sunshine and happy things too much to call myself gothic anymore).

You have awesome taste in music, DustKitten. <3
  •  

DustKitten

Aww, compliments :D thank you very much! I like your username, RabbitSpectre.
  •  

RabbitSpectre

Quote from: DustKitten on October 03, 2018, 04:38:33 PM
Aww, compliments :D thank you very much! I like your username, RabbitSpectre.
Thank you. :3 And you're very welcome! There are some really unknown gems from this time.

How do you feel about newer riot girl? And melodic hardcore?

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Wow, cool website with all kinds of music.  Thanks for letting us know about this.
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

DustKitten

There's new riot grrrl bands?!? I thought that was just a 90s thing! Are any of them good?

I'm not very familiar with hardcore; I've mostly listened to pre-90s punk, but I'm a big fan of G.L.O.S.S. They're this awesome hardcore trans-feminist band that broke up after about 2 years. I know a lot of Anti-Flag's songsfall under that category though, and I love their stuff.

Hardcore queercore bands in general are awesome--I really like this one:

•  

RabbitSpectre

Quote from: DustKitten on October 04, 2018, 03:16:40 AM
There's new riot grrrl bands?!? I thought that was just a 90s thing! Are any of them good?

I'm not very familiar with hardcore; I've mostly listened to pre-90s punk, but I'm a big fan of G.L.O.S.S. They're this awesome hardcore trans-feminist band that broke up after about 2 years. I know a lot of Anti-Flag's songsfall under that category though, and I love their stuff.

Hardcore queercore bands in general are awesome--I really like this one:

Hell, yes! You've just got to search for them. ;) There's all kinds of great newer music out there, and new amazing stuff all the time. Music's kinda my life, so I'm always neck deep in bands most people have never heard of.

Check the 'What Are You Listening To Now' thread for my earlier post when you get online. >)
They're everything you'd expect, and also pro animal-liberation. <3
If you like what you hear, try 'Break Shins To This'.
  •