Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

my mum's pretty angry at me

Started by virtualverny, February 10, 2018, 01:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtualverny

despite the fact that my mum was the one who filled in my name change documents, she still seems super upset about the procedure, and she seems to have a lot of resentment towards me for going through with it. i expected her to be a bit sad, but i assumed she'd get over it once realising that i'd be happier in the long run with my true identity. i'm unsure of how to deal with this situation, and it feels like i'm choosing between making her happy or making me happy. i'm 100% certain some of you guys have dealt with this exact same issue! how did you resolve it, or how did you learn to cope?
  •  

Natsuki Kuga

Quote from: virtualverny on February 10, 2018, 01:58:29 PM
despite the fact that my mum was the one who filled in my name change documents, she still seems super upset about the procedure

One thing you might do is to keep telling yourself that how she feels right now isn't going to be how she'll feel in the future.

You never know how people will take certain things, and different things may leave different people feeling more raw than you'd have expected.

I'd sit tight, remember that only a loving mother who accepts you would have filed the forms for you, and give her all the support you can.
  •  

Kylo

Well, parents shouldn't have kids if they think their child should pathologically unhappy. A good parent has to accept their child is another person with their own life. It takes a while for them to do that naturally so give it time.

They have to go through a process anyway of getting go as any kid gets older. She's not flat out refusing to help you out here so she will probably come around.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

TR

When I was a young teen, my own mother totally hated me for being different. My father was confused. Taking me to psychiatrist made things worse.. My mother left our family when I was still a teen. My own brother also hated me and left to live in France. So my father and I moved to Australia. In his old age, he understands so much more now due to all the information available particularly on the internet. i feel that confusion and misunderstanding comes from ignorance. Even I was confused as to what I was.. The internet has been a great source of information. There is much more information on the TV too.. Parents do change their outlook and understanding of their children's lives, but sometimes it can take time. So give your mum time..

TR...
  •