Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

In a bathrobe, walking down a street in Seoul

Started by Kendra, February 14, 2018, 01:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

Woke up from a very real dream and realized I was naturally female in the dream. 

This was a first for me, and one I've been wanting a very long time.

In the dream I was in Seoul Korea (I will actually be there 2 weeks from now getting voice surgery, and have been to Seoul many times.)  In the dream I was walking down the street not far from the VFS clinic.  Coffee shops, people enjoying a sunny day, a comfortable smaller road in the big city.  A perfect 1968 Mercury Cougar was parked in front of a cafe, I stopped to admire it (and quite odd - I've never seen a car like that in Korea).  And then I noticed people looking at me.  A few were giggling. 

Dysphoria?  A nightmare recalling my fearful initial ventures in public a few short years ago? 

Nope.  When I noticed people laughing at me I looked at myself in the car window and saw... there I was on a busy street in Seoul in my bathrobe and slippers, the white bathrobe I received at Meltzer's clinic for GCS with Dr. Ley.  I realized I needed to go back and change into a skirt and blouse.  And that was my only thought - stop being absent minded, get out of this fuzzy bathrobe and change into a skirt and blouse, then come back to the same neighborhood.

It didn't occur to me until I woke up: my only embarrassment and hesitation was from wandering around mid day in a bathrobe. 

My mother is from Japan.  She was an English major in college.  When she was teaching me Japanese in the early 1970s she explained a major milestone was when she had her first dream where every thought and interaction was in English.  At that point she knew she wasn't exploring a new language, she was now bilingual. 

I wish this for every one of us who has this as a goal.  Go live your dreams, even if that involves wandering around Seoul in a bathrobe.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

davina61

So you packing that robe and slippers to take with you???? Never remember my dreams, know I have been dreaming . Good luck on your trip globe trotter .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Kendra

I wasn't planning to, but... now that you mention it, I should bring the Meltzer robe to Seoul. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Kendra on February 14, 2018, 01:53:19 PMWhen I noticed people laughing at me I looked at myself in the car window and saw... there I was on a busy street in Seoul in my bathrobe and slippers, the white bathrobe I received at Meltzer's clinic for GCS with Dr. Ley.  I realized I needed to go back and change into a skirt and blouse.  And that was my only thought - stop being absent minded, get out of this fuzzy bathrobe and change into a skirt and blouse, then come back to the same neighborhood.

It didn't occur to me until I woke up: my only embarrassment and hesitation was from wandering around mid day in a bathrobe. 

My mother is from Japan.  She was an English major in college.  When she was teaching me Japanese in the early 1970s she explained a major milestone was when she had her first dream where every thought and interaction was in English.  At that point she knew she wasn't exploring a new language, she was now bilingual. 

I wish this for every one of us who has this as a goal.  Go live your dreams, even if that involves wandering around Seoul in a bathrobe.

To be fair, you totally rocked that bathrobe once you pinned that heart brooch to it!

I'm seeing more posts along these lines lately. Sarah deciding she was going to take cake in to work for the other ladies, me posting a "just living" entry to Facebook, and now your dream - not realizing until afterward that in all those cases they signify a complete mind-shift into total self-acceptance. There's not much that's cooler than that. Once you've accepted yourself, what other people think stops having much significance.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Kendra on February 14, 2018, 02:36:42 PM
I wasn't planning to, but... now that you mention it, I should bring the Meltzer robe to Seoul.

And the heart pin! You never know who might show up.

No, not likely. I like Seoul Music, but not enough to travel that far.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Devlyn

<panting> When I  heard you were walking around partially clothed, I got here as fast as I could.....wait a minute....I've been rused!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Anne Blake

Kendra,

I can relate to your mother's comment about dreaming in an non native language. I had similar thoughts when I noticed myself doing math in Spanish. But dreaming of yourself as the woman you are, awesome! I have dreamed of being out pre surgery and worried of being read or  getting in trouble, but never just being free and knowing life as Tia. Big step sister, thank you for sharing it!

Tia Anne
  •  

barbie

I used to smoke in the front of my townhouse while wearing bathrobe. I did not mind it, but a few neighbors did not like it. In Seoul, it certainly will attract people's attention, but as long as you look exotic to them anyway, it can be OK. Walking naked in the street is not allowed. Walking naked within a private house is not punishable, but condemnable if people outside can see you.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •