Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The long road to HRT

Started by Amie June, February 18, 2018, 12:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amie June

I wanted to share with everyone that I now have my first appointment with an endocrinologist - March 21. After 5 months of gender therapy, while discovering a new and wonderful (to me anyway!) person hiding inside of me, my referral letter was accepted and I'm on my way. I say it's been a long road, because I've lived decades not really knowing this person existed. My gender/identity was always a twisted mess, but that's now sorted out and well understood. I still maintain that my first clue came October 31st, 1963, when I wore a dress for Halloween. At 7 I knew something, and part of me never forgot it.

Next up - hair removal :)

Lindy
Came out to myself September 15, 2017
Stopped cutting my hair September 15, 2017
Started gender therapy September 28, 2017
Came out to two female friends and sister December 2017
Came out to adult daughter and her partner January 2018
First appointment with endocrinologist March 21, 2018
Started HRT March 23, 2018
Started laser treatment for facial hair June 28, 2018
Started electrolysis October 11, 2018

"You are woman
and you're beautiful.
Let the world see you."
  •  

KathyLauren

Yay, congratulations, Lindy! 

Yes, get that hair removal started, 'cause it hurts more once HRT starts to feminize your skin.  (I'm still nursing a fat lip from my last electrolysis session.)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Amie June

Quote from: KathyLauren on February 18, 2018, 02:04:50 PM
(I'm still nursing a fat lip from my last electrolysis session.)

Wow, this is a motivator!!! Just kidding. I'm preparing myself for the worst :)
I see hair removal as some sort of initiation. Gotta walk through fire before you get to the promised land.

Lindy

"You are woman
and you're beautiful.
Let the world see you."
  •  

Lynne

Congrats on your progress! I can only compare the pain of the first hair removal sessions to the pain I experienced when I tried to use a normal epilator on my face, it was not fun. After the first few sessions the pain became a lot more manageable and nowadays I can go trough a session without even shedding a tear :) I almost cried when the results of the first few sessions started to show and I had a patch on my face that didn't have any facial hair even after days without shaving. That was priceless and the pain was worth it.
  •  

JulieAllana

I just had my first laser hair removal last Friday.  For me,the pain was like someone taking a rubber band and popping it against my face each time she moved the laser to a different area.  I figure I got around 30 pops.  It was certainly less than pleasant.  I can see the difference though even after a single session.

Julie
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

kaitylynn

I am finishing up with removal in my mustache area.  The rest is clear of dark hair and it is so awesome to have smoothness without shaving.  Hair removal is a longish process, but really worth the effort as its effects are very pronounced.

Welcome to another step in a life long journey...HRT is a life changer, no doubt about it!
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

tgirlamg

Lindy!!!

Congrats sister!!!...How wonderful!!!...  The wonderful woman hiding inside was just one of the amazing discoveries to come!!! Enjoy every moment!!!

Onward we go!!!

Ashley 😀❤️🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

pamelatransuk

Quote from: Lindy on February 18, 2018, 12:36:52 PM
I wanted to share with everyone that I now have my first appointment with an endocrinologist - March 21. After 5 months of gender therapy, while discovering a new and wonderful (to me anyway!) person hiding inside of me, my referral letter was accepted and I'm on my way. I say it's been a long road, because I've lived decades not really knowing this person existed. My gender/identity was always a twisted mess, but that's now sorted out and well understood. I still maintain that my first clue came October 31st, 1963, when I wore a dress for Halloween. At 7 I knew something, and part of me never forgot it.

Next up - hair removal :)

I am with you on everything Lindy.

I was born in 1955 - I assume you were born in 1956. I knew from a very early age just like you. Late last year I decided to take action. I am in therapy and started hormones as recently as 8 Feb. Unfortunately having trouble getting ticker to show. Like you I am intending to start Electrolysis soon.

I wish you every happiness on your journey to become the true you.

Pamela
Lindy

•  

Morgana

Congratulations! Though laser hair removal hurts, it's 10% worth it. You'll love the results. H.R.T is also a wonderful wonderful wonderful thing. The first time you take those pills, your whole world shakes and changes.
  •  

AnneK

QuoteThough laser hair removal hurts, it's 10% worth it.

What about the other 90%?   ;)
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Amie June

Quote from: Lynne on February 18, 2018, 06:38:14 PM
I almost cried when the results of the first few sessions started to show and I had a patch on my face that didn't have any facial hair even after days without shaving. That was priceless and the pain was worth it.

Lynne, I think this will be my response too. Many of the steps in my progress seem to elicit tears - my therapist says this is a good thing, even though it makes me feel sappy :) Even the shadow of facial hair seems to be a reminder of the person I want to distance myself from. I can't wait to see him/it gone.

Lindy

"You are woman
and you're beautiful.
Let the world see you."
  •  

Amie June

Quote from: pamelatransuk on February 19, 2018, 07:17:08 AM

Pamela, it's nice to hear from someone who's doing this later in life too. I hope you start seeing the effect of hormones soon - it will be so exciting for you. And good luck with electrolysis. There's a wonderful life on the other side :)

Lindy

"You are woman
and you're beautiful.
Let the world see you."
  •  

bobbisue

I am a late bloomer as well I was born in 1960  there seem to be quite a few of us here I have been doing electro and lazer since last september I was worried about the pain as well I find it is not as bad as I was expecting I hope you find the same it seems to be very individual my electrocutionist says that the depth and thickness makes a big difference in the amount of pain so I was just lucky  as for the hormones they are the best

bobbisue :)
[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017
  •  

CarlyMcx

Count me in.  I was born in '62.
  •  

Devlyn

Make me the meat in that sandwich! 1961 here.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: CarlyMcx on February 19, 2018, 05:18:49 PM
Count me in.  I was born in '62.
'62 baby here also.  Did 5 laser treatments, last was about a year ago.  Not enough dark hair left to continue.  Started electrolysis October 2016. 

Never had too much pain with either.  Not pleasant of course and I make sure properly  use the lidocaine beforehand. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  •  

Amie June

1955, 1956, 1960, 1961, 1962 - we need more from the late 50s and we could start our own Susan's Place Club!!
I really appreciate all the hair removal stories everyone. I'm beginning to feel less nervous about it. And fortunately my beard is quite light, so I shouldn't have to endure too much pain and suffering :) Last night, before bed, I saw the shadow around my mouth and couldn't believe that one day it would be gone.

Lindy

"You are woman
and you're beautiful.
Let the world see you."
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Lindy on February 20, 2018, 08:18:50 AM
1955, 1956, 1960, 1961, 1962 - we need more from the late 50s and we could start our own Susan's Place Club!!
1954 here.  There might be more of us old biddies here than the young whippersnappers.

I'm off to the dentist in an hour to get my lower lip frozen, so I can have another electrolysis session on it.  I'm definitely getting tired of it, but it has to be done.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

kaitylynn

I am a late comer, 1967.  Just had electrolysis on my upper lip this weekend.  Yousers!  That smarted and Donna, my electrologist, kept asking me if I was ok.  I was sporting "Avril Eyes" as I left the session, but the result is worth every bit of the discomfort!  Of all the things I have done so far, facial hair eradication has been the most immediately rewarding.
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

AnneK

I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •