Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The long road to HRT

Started by Amie June, February 18, 2018, 12:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgirlamg

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

I Am Jess

Quote from: tgirlamc on February 20, 2018, 04:40:20 PM
1-9-6-1 😀

Me too, the day Kennedy announced America was going to land a man on the moon.

I've got around 300 hours of electrolysis completed over the last 3 years and I'm still not done :(
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Janes Groove

Quote from: Lindy on February 20, 2018, 08:18:50 AM
1955, 1956, 1960, 1961, 1962 - we need more from the late 50s and we could start our own Susan's Place Club!!

•  

Transfused

Congrats on starting HRT.
I am on HRT for quite a while already and it still feels like magic. Each patch is one sticker of joy.
I love my lady stickers. I love the changes they brought and are bringing. I am married to my Estradiol patches, lol :-P
  •  

valerieobrien88

Quote from: Lindy on February 18, 2018, 12:36:52 PM
I wanted to share with everyone that I now have my first appointment with an endocrinologist - March 21. After 5 months of gender therapy, while discovering a new and wonderful (to me anyway!) person hiding inside of me, my referral letter was accepted and I'm on my way. I say it's been a long road, because I've lived decades not really knowing this person existed. My gender/identity was always a twisted mess, but that's now sorted out and well understood. I still maintain that my first clue came October 31st, 1963, when I wore a dress for Halloween. At 7 I knew something, and part of me never forgot it.

Next up - hair removal :)

Lindy
I have been getting the pellets inserted every 3 months plus i take progesterone daily.  I am very happy with the results
the pellets are estrogen and testosyerone

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

•  

Amie June

Quote from: KathyLauren on February 20, 2018, 08:28:28 AM
I'm off to the dentist in an hour to get my lower lip frozen, so I can have another electrolysis session on it.  I'm definitely getting tired of it, but it has to be done.

Even though this is quite unpleasant to visualize, I can see the benefit. I'm sure you don't feel a thing! I once had several shots in the roof of my mouth that made my nose numb. Not fun.
I hope, Kathy Lauren, you're close to getting all those pesky hairs removed. I'm envious :)

Lindy
Came out to myself September 15, 2017
Stopped cutting my hair September 15, 2017
Started gender therapy September 28, 2017
Came out to two female friends and sister December 2017
Came out to adult daughter and her partner January 2018
First appointment with endocrinologist March 21, 2018
Started HRT March 23, 2018
Started laser treatment for facial hair June 28, 2018
Started electrolysis October 11, 2018

"You are woman
and you're beautiful.
Let the world see you."
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Lindy on February 21, 2018, 12:58:25 PM

Even though this is quite unpleasant to visualize, I can see the benefit. I'm sure you don't feel a thing! I once had several shots in the roof of my mouth that made my nose numb. Not fun.
I hope, Kathy Lauren, you're close to getting all those pesky hairs removed. I'm envious :)

Lindy
Well, I am about a year in, and I understand it's a 2 or 3-year process.  Some folks do it faster, but I can't handle more than an hour a week.

The dental freezing works beautifully.  I don't feel a thing.  Unlike elsewhere on my face and neck, where Emla or 5% Lidocaine don't do more than take the edge off the pain.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •