Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JulieAllana

So happy to see you up and about here!  I agree with Danielle about your update having some really good news, namely that your finances are looking up and best of all, that your mom is coming around!  You have turned that ship just about completely around.  I completely understand how you aren't comfortable out in public yet.  I am very much the same way.  I do it, but only with other trans people and only on occasion.  We'll all get there. 

Much love,
                         Julie
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Chelsea

Below is a copy of a Facebook post I just made. All of you have been so good to me and it might let some of you know a little about my history. 

When I started this page, I only had close friends and family following me. Over the last 11 months I have got a few more friends and some of you don't really know me from a hole in the wall. I wanted to jump in here and let everyone know a l tiny bit about me and my history.
I had the best childhood you could imagine and the best parents on earth. When puberty started is the time, I had my first thoughts of wanting to be a girl. When boys and girl's bodies started changing, I wanted to know why I didn't look like they do. I remember trying to tell my mother that I didn't like the way I looked and wanted to change it. I really didn't know how to tell her how I was feeling.  I was scolded and told that I look fine and told not to talk that way. From that point on I thought that I was wrong to feel that way so I kept it hid. These feelings got stronger though out my life. I was painting my toes and shaving my legs at the age of 14. Then I would go through times of guilt and stop. At the age of 15 my dad of 53 years old was taken from me by cancer. After that I began to develop a hate for myself because of being a boy and the way I looked. I'm still working on the self-hate thing today. I tried to "Man up" by letting my beard grow out. I started lifting weights and even took testosterone illegally trying to bulk up. That only lasted a month or so because It made me feel terrible. In the early 90's my mom was diagnosed with lymphoma. I took her to doctors' appointments and cancer treatments for about 15 years. I am happy to say my mother is doing good and is still with us today and cancer free. 
In the early 2000's I discovered transgenders on the internet. I was amazed that you could actually change genders.  Then the thoughts started rushing in. What's all my friends going to think? What's my family going to think? People are going to make fun of you. Everyone's going to hate you. Your too old. Your way to ugly. So, I basically talked myself out of even trying. In 2013 I started my own business with a CNC machine shop. I was so naive thinking that I could "sneak" and transition and not many would know. Lol. In 2015 I started taking herbal hormones. By 2017 my dysphoria (now I know what it was) was taking over my life. It was at that point that I decided to get an appointment with a professional therapist to see just what was wrong with me. After that first visit, I was told that I was transgender. Even though I kind of knew it somehow, her telling me that was overwhelming. Within 24 hours after that I would be sitting with a gun barrel in my mouth. Thank goodness I was to chicken to go through with it. I thought about if its important enough to take my life over then I need to fix it. A week later I started HRT on March 7, 2018. Two months later I started this page and came out to my close friends and family. I am very lucky to say that I only one person that I thought was my friend turned her back on me. It took my mother about 7 months to finally come around but she did and I have the support of the entire family.
So here I sit 46 years old. I feel like HRT saved my life. The only regret I have is not doing this sooner in life. I know I have a long way to go, I'm not full time yet. I struggle with gaining weight and there are a few cosmetic surgeries that I really want and will in time. The best part is that only in these last two weeks I have seen a female looking back at me in the mirror. I no longer see the miserable person I once was. I want to thank all of you for being so kind to me. Its been a lot of years and we all have off days but, for the most part I am feeling happy again like when I was a kid, and that my friends is what's most important to me! It's never too late and I know that now.  😊

Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Chelsea
My Dear Chelsea:
Thank you so very much for coming back to your thread to update all of us....   I will tell you however, 2 weeks is too long for this follower (me) waiting for your update and knowing that you are OK, but of course all of us members here on the forums have NO obligation to post anything at any time, but only post when you feel so led and feel comfortable sharing.

That was a lovely and informative summary of your life and your road to your transition decisions....  I appreciate your candid comments and your sharing of your quite personal story of your life endeavors.

Your followers here (definitively me included) are your biggest fans and we are in your corner always rooting for your success.   
I was so very happy to read what you stated:
"The best part is that only in these last two weeks I have seen a female looking back at me in the mirror. I no longer see the miserable person I once was."

Please continue to enjoy your journey from this point on.......  many more good things to come your way.
I will be eagerly looking for your future updates, private message, and private emails that you may feel free to share as you wish.

Hugs and more hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Chelsea

It is so uplifting to read your account of your earlier life and thoughts and the 11 month HRT transition journey you embarked on.

I am so happy that you have support from your entire family and that you can now see a woman looking back at you in the mirror.

I wish you future success both with your transition and with your business.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

JulieAllana

I really like your new avatar picture.
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Thank you for the wonderful post Chelsea!  And I love the new Avatar photo.  You are a beautiful young woman. 
Yes, dreams can come true.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

BrianaJ

Hi Chelsea, good to hear from you.  Nice update!  You look fantastic.
~~Be kind~~
  •  

Chelsea

Thank you ladies for the compliments. Danielle I will try and post a little more so you don't worry so much. lol It's just that I haven't had much time because of the amount of hours I work. I skipped my month 11 update because of being so busy. I got my one year coming up so I will post a update soon.

Hugs
         Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Donica

Wow! I love you new avatar Chelsea. You look so cute. I'm so glad you are feeling better now. Stay strong girl.

Hugs!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Chelsea

One Year of HRT!

Today marks one full year on HRT. For some reason if feels like its been four years instead of one. 2018 was by far the most difficult time of my life. Towards the end of it, things got a lot better so let's hope it keeps going that way.

I honestly thought that I would be full time in the first 8 months or so. Then again, I also thought that transitioning was going to be easy. Don't get me wrong I have made improvements but its no where near what I need to be.

A few things that have changed in the past year on hormones:

My skin is ridiculously soft now. I never thought it would be like it is but I do bruise a little easier. Also, what little bit of body hair I did have is gone. I have lost a few pounds over the last year 143 all the way down to 119 and that one really bugs me daily. My eyes have changed for the worse. Some say its my age. It could be but funny thing is, at the beginning of HRT I had perfect vision. Now anything closer than 15 inches from my face is blurry. These next two are going to sound silly but I am about a half an inch shorter now than I was. I'm not complaining, 5'8½ sounds better than 5'9 to me. Lol Next thing is all my shoes are really loose. I'm not saying my feet got smaller but I can wear a ½ size smaller now. Possibly from weight loss?? I think as for as cup size I'm an honest "A". They have a nice shape so maybe they will just keep on going. My body shape has changed some too. I lost everything around the middle first It seemed like. I have a tiny waist. I did gain a little in my butt and thighs but I'm so skinny its hard to tell. I think my face has changed more than anything.

Mentally I have changed a lot too. My dysphoria is worse now more than it ever was. Getting on the scale, thinking about all the surgeries I need or seeing a good-looking woman in public gets me almost every time. Sometimes it last for a few days. I over analyze things people say sometimes, have emotional days, cry easier. I sound like a mess, right?  lol  On a positive I am a lot more "easy going". Estrogen has definitely calmed me down.

I am happy the way its going, I'm just very impatient. My doctor said that most get a lot of changes from month 9 to 18. Lets just hope she's right. I'm just not comfortable going out looking like I do. Just last week my therapist told me to keep going out that it gets easier the more you go. That might be true but I'm not happy with myself yet so there is no way. I only very recently got back into voice therapy. Its more difficult than I thought. Maybe that's just me being impatient again. It has changed a little but it's still very male sounding. 

Good things will be happening this year. I got a quote on my hair transplant and I am saving for that now. I want to get that done as soon as I can because like everything else its very slow. That's another reason I don't like going in public is because there is only so much you can do to hide it. I have a little dental work to finally take care of this year also.

Business is still booming. I had to order a couple of new machines just to keep up with work coming in. I'm not complaining at all, looking back a few months ago I was in bad shape. I have three employees now so I'm moving up in the world. Lol

Just in case I didn't mention it before, me and mom are getting along very good. Its weird because we haven't been this close sense the 90's. I'm so happy I have the entire family on my side. My sister is the only one so far that has called me Chelsea. I get it and understand that its probably hard to get used too for them.

That's just about all I can think of. I'm not posting any body dimensions until I gain some weight. Over all I am happy with the way its going. I posted a before and after below. The first one is about four years ago and the last one is a couple of nights ago.  I didn't do anything with my hair on purpose just to show how thin it really is.  Waiting on that transplant is torture. I do love the curls though. I never knew it did that before because it was always short.

I guess this was a pretty good report. Hopefully 2019 will be a great year.
To the few that follow me thank you so much for the support you all have given me! I Love you all!

Chelsea

Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Faith

I follow, I am often (usually) very quiet and hard to hear :D It's great to hear of positive progress.

OH, and I love the way you did your eyes in that after/current photo!! woooo

Faith
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Jessica

Happy anniversary Chelsea!
Impatience is a common issue with most of us, but your progress is stunning.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Anjanette Miranda

Thank you for sharing your story.
Your before and after picture is stunning.
I will start following you're thread.

AJ
  •  

islandgirl

You have had quite the year! You worked through your down times with a persistence that will carry you further along your path! Great news re: your business! Looking back, you can be proud of your efforts! You are a strong woman!

Hugs!
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:
Wow-Whee .....  I have been waiting (impatiently) for your latest update and WOW, you have posted a wonderfully affirming report regarding your progress.

HAPPY ONE YEAR HRT BIRTHDAY
            :icon_birthday:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_birthday:

Your before and after photo comparison definitely shows the dramatic change that your HRT regimen and just as importantly your attention to hair, cosmetics, clothing and all of that has done to help make you be the woman that you have desired to be.

I am so very happy that your business is doing well again, and very importantly you relationship with your Mom is going well for the both of you.

What your therapist told you about going out and about as "Chelsea"  is very true...   
...it does indeed get easier the more you go out. 
I have also mentioned that many times to you based on my own experiences.   Plus going out and about with supporting friends makes it a lot easier.....   safety in numbers!!!

Yes... I am hoping and trusting that 2019 will be your year to shine.   
    I am one of your biggest fans and I am always rooting for your success.

As a final note, I hope that you are aware that you made us all wait for 3 weeks to get an update from you on your thread...  I was having withdrawals from not hearing from you!!!  ;) ;) :o ::)

Please continue to keep us tuned in to your life events BUT ONLY as you feel comfortable posting them.

Hugs and best wishes  [emoji171]
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Donica

I'm a lot like you in that I am impatient. Your before and after shows a big difference for the better Chelsea. Congratulations on your one year HRT. I too noticed more changes between 9 and 18 months. Most of us will continue to change for three years or so. We still have a long way to go.

I glad to hear your business is doing well. It's good to have something to help keep your mind off of things, as well as paying the bills.

Hugs.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Aiyanna

Congratz on one year of hrt, you look awesome! And i love your thread it is inspiring.

Hugs Aiyanna
  •  

SusanL

I love putting on my makeup. Just wish i was better at it but i am getting there. I put it on almost everyday and I don't go out without having some one. ;D
  •  

SusanL

BTW. Congrats on 1 year HRT. I am getting there to. Start my 9th month next week.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Quote from: Chelsea on March 07, 2019, 08:50:46 AM
One Year of HRT!
I also thought that transitioning was going to be easy.

It seems the further we go, the further we see that we have to go.  Impatience is the name of the game!

I lost weight in the beginning too, but eventually I was able to put it back on and now I have to be careful of what and how much I eat.  This is something I've never had to do.  (be careful of what you wish for)

I'm happy to read your mother's relationship with you has improved.   You do need to speak with everyone (except your sister) about calling you by your name.  It's been long enough, you're not going back.  It will just make them look silly when you're out and about and they mis-name you. 

Wow, business is going well if you've hired employees!  Whoo Hoo!!

The happiness in your current photo really shines through.  Your hair looks lovely and look at your complexion!  Beautiful.  You've come so far. 

Thanks for sharing your update.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •