Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelsea

It's still a few more days to my first appointment for therapy so I figured I would make my own page like others to document my progress and have some fun.  I'm probably going to post some silly random stuff but that's me. :)
Wish me luck she writes me the letter sooner than later. I'm ready to get this HRT started.
If you want to know more about me here is my intro page https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,234289.0.html

Fun Time!

I thought everyone would get a kick out of this, so here goes.

I am getting better at makeup and taking it off. I use the neutrogena wipes to remove it and am getting used to the feel of removing it.  Late last night I removed it without the mirror for the first time because I was so tired. This morning I get up and go out to the shop. (I own a machine shop, I know a girl machinist.. who would have thought LOL) Anyway my neighbor came over looking to borrow a wrench. We talked about 10 minutes about random crap and he left. Later I go inside and my GF say's "Whats that on your eye?" I go look in the mirror and had missed some maskcara. OMG I just talked to the neighbor with maskcara on. LOL

I assume that things like that will happen until I come out to everyone but its all fun to me. I think I'm past the caring who knows part now. :)

Hugs,
          Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Jessica

What wonderful fun we will have following your adventures!  This is a great way to keep an open diary.  Looking forward to more of your makeup adventures!

Smiles, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

CallMeKatie

As someone who still presents as a guy, I wear mascara daily. Guys do not notice at all...ever. But girls notice instantly lol

You look great by the way :)
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: Jessica on February 21, 2018, 01:33:06 PM
What wonderful fun we will have following your adventures!  This is a great way to keep an open diary.  Looking forward to more of your makeup adventures!

Smiles, Jessica

I got a feeling its going to be like my teenage years all over again. If you like silly you will have a good time here. LOL

Quote from: CallMeKatie on February 21, 2018, 01:34:14 PM
As someone who still presents as a guy, I wear mascara daily. Guys do not notice at all...ever. But girls notice instantly lol

You look great by the way :)

I haven't got to the point of wearing it out in public just yet but, its coming. :)
Thank you very much for the complements!

Hugs,

Chelsea

Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

JulieAllana

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM
(I own a machine shop, I know a girl machinist.. who would have thought LOL) Anyway my neighbor came over looking to borrow a wrench. We talked about 10 minutes about random crap and he left. Later I go inside and my GF say's "Whats that on your eye?" I go look in the mirror and had missed some maskcara. OMG I just talked to the neighbor with maskcara on. LOL

He probably thought it was grease or something...ya know, from your machine shop... ;)

-Julie
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: JulieAllana on February 21, 2018, 07:04:55 PM
He probably thought it was grease or something...ya know, from your machine shop... ;)

-Julie

I might have worked but It had some glitter in it LOL.
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

fleurgirl

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM
It's still a few more days to my first appointment for therapy so I figured I would make my own page like others to document my progress and have some fun.  I'm probably going to post some silly random stuff but that's me. :)
Wish me luck she writes me the letter sooner than later. I'm ready to get this HRT started.

Fun Time!

I thought everyone would get a kick out of this, so here goes.

I am getting better at makeup and taking it off. I use the neutrogena wipes to remove it and am getting used to the feel of removing it.  Late last night I removed it without the mirror for the first time because I was so tired. This morning I get up and go out to the shop. (I own a machine shop, I know a girl machinist.. who would have thought LOL) Anyway my neighbor came over looking to borrow a wrench. We talked about 10 minutes about random crap and he left. Later I go inside and my GF say's "Whats that on your eye?" I go look in the mirror and had missed some maskcara. OMG I just talked to the neighbor with maskcara on. LOL

I assume that things like that will happen until I come out to everyone but its all fun to me. I think I'm past the caring who knows part now. :)

Hugs,
          Chelsea

I love makeup! But, I've rubbed my eyes before and I ended up looking like a raccoon in public, lol!
  •  

VaxSpyder

Favorite authors and poets - JRR Tolkien, HP Lovecraft, Stephen King, George RR Martin, Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac, Homer

Favorite video games - Assassin's Creed, Dark Souls/Bloodborne, Elder Scrolls, retro NES and SNES games

Favorite movies - Classic horror movies, superhero movies, Lord of the Rings

Other interests: Dungeons and Dragons, Call of Cthulhu, Ancient history, 17th and 18th century history, Comic books, Tattoos, Fashion, Religion and theology of all kinds, Writing, Meditation
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: fleurgirl on February 21, 2018, 07:22:51 PM
I love makeup! But, I've rubbed my eyes before and I ended up looking like a raccoon in public, lol!

I love makeup too. I will have to remember that. I'm used to rubbing my eyes anytime without thinking about it. :)

Quote from: VaxSpyder on February 21, 2018, 08:24:37 PM
Hi Chelsea, nice to meet you!

Hi! Nice to meet you too!

Update

I just came out to my best friend!
Everything is all good with us. His first response was "Your gonna help me work on my cars no matter what nail color you got on."  LOL  It feels like a big weight just got lifted off my shoulders.  I have been friends with him sense childhood and have worried about telling him for a long time. I know i will have some friends that probably won't talk
to me anymore but, that's OK because I have to do whats best for yours truly. :) 2 down and a lot more to go.

Hugs,
       Chelsea

Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

JulieAllana

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on February 21, 2018, 09:46:42 PM

I just came out to my best friend!
Everything is all good with us.

YAY!  I have told some friends who I knew would be accepting, and I have a couple that I am really stressed about telling.  You have the good kind!  Congratz!
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: JulieAllana on February 21, 2018, 10:26:49 PM
YAY!  I have told some friends who I knew would be accepting, and I have a couple that I am really stressed about telling.  You have the good kind!  Congratz!

I have only came out to two people and have a lot more to go. I have two family members that I am the most fearful
about telling. I get nervous just thinking about it.

Hugs
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on February 21, 2018, 07:17:28 PM
I might have worked but It had some glitter in it LOL.
Iron filings from the lathe!  It still works.   :D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Chelsea

Funniest thing just happened, well not to funny at the time. I have been feeling more comfortable with myself about transitioning sense I started posting here. I just made a run to Taco Bell and had to stop for gas on the way back because the car said distance to empty was like 4 miles. I stopped and was pumping gas and just felt like something was not right. I looked down and was wearing Chelsea's pink Skechers. Thank god there was only one other person there at the time. I could feel my face get hot, I was so embarrassed. Cars driving by and it was one of those slow old pumps. The first time out for me is going to be rough I can feel it. :)

Quote from: KathyLauren on February 23, 2018, 11:57:05 AM
Iron filings from the lathe!  It still works.   :D

See I never can think of things that fast. lol

Hugs,
         Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on February 23, 2018, 08:18:52 PM
Funniest thing just happened, well not to funny at the time. I have been feeling more comfortable with myself about transitioning sense I started posting here. I just made a run to Taco Bell and had to stop for gas on the way back because the car said distance to empty was like 4 miles. I stopped and was pumping gas and just felt like something was not right. I looked down and was wearing Chelsea's pink Sketchers. Thank god there was only one other person there at the time. I could feel my face get hot, I was so embarrassed. Cars driving by and it was one of those slow old pumps. The first time out for me is going to be rough I can feel it. :)

See I never can think of things that fast. lol

Hugs,
         Chelsea

Oh my dear Chelsea pink sketchers in a gas station... let me tell you about the Time I filled up my pickup at a busy truck stop/ gsa station 3 or 4 states away from home.....

"The rest of the trip to Missouri would have been uneventful had I not locked myself out of my truck. There is one distinct advantage men have over women... Pockets! Had I been traveling in male mode this would not have happened. My wallet would have been in one pocket and my keys in another. I also probably not have been locking the doors because my purse was being left inside the truck.
  I had plannned on paying at the pump, pumping my gas, and driving off down the road again. Locking the keys inside with me on the outside sort of put a crimp in those plans. So there I was having to perform the classic damsel in distress play in real life. How embarrassing! Having to go inside and explain my predicament to  one person who led me to another that dialed a phone for me so I could get the locksmith to come unlock the truck. I explained he would be looking for a woman and described my pickup for him. I then went back outside after thanking the people that helped me and waited beside the truck in the very busy gas station until he arrived and let me back in. It was not the kind of real world female experience I was looking for. *sigh*  But as you can tell I survived it."

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

JulieAllana

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on February 23, 2018, 08:18:52 PM
The first time out for me is going to be rough I can feel it. :)

Take a road trip and we'll go out together!

2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: Laurie on February 23, 2018, 08:44:09 PM
Oh my dear Chelsea pink sketchers in a gas station... let me tell you about the Time I filled up my pickup at a busy truck stop/ gsa station 3 or 4 states away from home.....

"The rest of the trip to Missouri would have been uneventful had I not locked myself out of my truck. There is one distinct advantage men have over women... Pockets! Had I been traveling in male mode this would not have happened. My wallet would have been in one pocket and my keys in another. I also probably not have been locking the doors because my purse was being left inside the truck.
  I had plannned on paying at the pump, pumping my gas, and driving off down the road again. Locking the keys inside with me on the outside sort of put a crimp in those plans. So there I was having to perform the classic damsel in distress play in real life. How embarrassing! Having to go inside and explain my predicament to  one person who led me to another that dialed a phone for me so I could get the locksmith to come unlock the truck. I explained he would be looking for a woman and described my pickup for him. I then went back outside after thanking the people that helped me and waited beside the truck in the very busy gas station until he arrived and let me back in. It was not the kind of real world female experience I was looking for. *sigh*  But as you can tell I survived it."

Hugs,
   Laurie

OMG I would have died. You got me beat by miles on that. The pink shoes was enough for me. lol

Quote from: JulieAllana on February 23, 2018, 09:36:49 PM
Take a road trip and we'll go out together!

Girl you would have to drag me out of the car lol.

Hugs,
      Chelsea

Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Chelsea1807 on February 24, 2018, 01:22:10 AM
OMG I would have died. You got me beat by miles on that. The pink shoes was enough for me. lol

Girl you would have to drag me out of the car lol.

Hugs,
      Chelsea
If you don't mind me asking Chelsea,  what part of the country are you in? I am in Oregon near Portland.

Hugs,
Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: Laurie on February 24, 2018, 01:36:00 AM
If you don't mind me asking Chelsea,  what part of the country are you in? I am in Oregon near Portland.

Hugs,
Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

I live in the Tennessee. About 45 minutes from Knoxville. Or 4 hours from Nashville.

Hugs,
Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Laurie

Someday you may meet Laurie. She have been known to be in that area before.

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: Laurie on February 24, 2018, 01:52:34 AM
Someday you may meet Laurie. She have been known to be in that area before.

Your welcome any time. Maybe by that time I will have got the nerve to go out in public. :)

I been trying to use Photobucket as a image host with no luck. I signed up with Imgur last night.
Crazy thing is that I have used Photobucket for years with no issues.  O well.

Loving my teal nail polish!  :)

Hugs,
        Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•