News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelsea

Month 2 Update

Today marks 2 months on HRT. My breast look like they are getting bigger. I took a measurement around my chest but didn't see any changes. I cant put my head around it because my GF said that they are a lot bigger and you can even see the difference in last months pictures. I must have a bad measuring tape. lol

My skin is softer still. I didn't think it could get any softer but it keeps getting better. It's also starting to get a different look about it that's hard for me to describe. Its lighter in color but also kind of reflective in a way like a glow. (If that makes sense at all) My hips still look a little and fill fuller but all my body measurements are still the same. My face looks a little different also but I cant really see what changed.

I had a week or so this month feeling really tired and just thought it was the estrogen. I read another post on here about the spironolactone gets rid of your salt and can make you tired. I increased the sodium in my diet and almost instantly my energy was back. Susan's comes to my rescue once again. :)

You all have heard about my brother and his son Jason. My brother also has 2 daughters Joni and Beth. I called them both yesterday and ask if they both come over and talk to me about something. When they got there I told them about how many years this has been going on with me and told them I'm transgender. I already thought that these girls would be good with my transition and was right. Me and Joni grew up together. We talked about it for a long time and I get out my cell phone and showed them a selfie of Chelsea. "Joni was in shock and said ok who's that?" I said its me silly, look closer. She looked at my pic for a few mins and didn't say anything for a long time and I was starting to get worried that she was going to have a problem with me transitioning. She said it was just a lot to take in but I'm ok with it and happy for you. I had a good time talking with them. I'm almost out of people to come out to. :)
That's about it for this update.

Hugs,
        Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on May 05, 2018, 08:58:03 AM
Month 2 Update

Today marks 2 months on HRT. My breast look like they are getting bigger. I took a measurement around my chest but didn't see any changes. I cant put my head around it because my GF said that they are a lot bigger and you can even see the difference in last months pictures. I must have a bad measuring tape. lol

My skin is softer still. I didn't think it could get any softer but it keeps getting better. It's also starting to get a different look about it that's hard for me to describe. Its lighter in color but also kind of reflective in a way like a glow. (If that makes sense at all) My hips still look a little and fill fuller but all my body measurements are still the same. My face looks a little different also but I cant really see what changed.

I had a week or so this month feeling really tired and just thought it was the estrogen. I read another post on here about the spironolactone gets rid of your salt and can make you tired. I increased the sodium in my diet and almost instantly my energy was back. Susan's comes to my rescue once again. :)

You all have heard about my brother and his son Jason. My brother also has 2 daughters Joni and Beth. I called them both yesterday and ask if they both come over and talk to me about something. When they got there I told them about how many years this has been going on with me and told them I'm transgender. I already thought that these girls would be good with my transition and was right. Me and Joni grew up together. We talked about it for a long time and I get out my cell phone and showed them a selfie of Chelsea. "Joni was in shock and said ok who's that?" I said its me silly, look closer. She looked at my pic for a few mins and didn't say anything for a long time and I was starting to get worried that she was going to have a problem with me transitioning. She said it was just a lot to take in but I'm ok with it and happy for you. I had a good time talking with them. I'm almost out of people to come out to. :)
That's about it for this update.

Hugs,
        Chelsea

Chelsea: Regarding your breasts... early on there can changes that can be seen and/or felt but really trying to measure your bust-line in the early stages can be deceiving...  things might be growing but just putting the cloth tape around will squish the soft tissue...  for some...  by  2 months of HRT  nipples might start becoming sensitive, a bit protruded and perhaps a small lump or breast-bud can be felt under the nipples.  Remember every BODY reacts differently and at it's own time-frame to HRT.

The other effects of HRT at 2 months that you described sound so familiar....  softer skin, different look, skin that "glows," salt cravings (stock up on Dill Pickles and go to Chinese restaurants and use lots of Soy Sauce)

It took a long time for me to see significant body measurements change that I could actually measure and track.   Be patient... things will happen... for some the changes will be quicker and more significant and for others the changes are slower and less obvious.   
Usually we don't get the changes as quickly as we all want...
...human nature says "We want it all and we want it now!!!"
Patience is a virtue... and it is required for HRT.

Oh, that was good news about your nieces accepting you... and not recognizing you in your Chelsea pics on your phone.

So, continue to get out there and show Chelsea to the outside world....   go for a drive and get out of your driveway this time....  but don't speed and get stopped by a cop yet.

I am eagerly waiting for more updates and pictures as you feel comfortable posting them.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Donna

The sense of touch and the difference in the softness and feel
Of the skin are most notable. A big change for me is the way my body smell has changed.
It was very noticeable when having a meeting last week and noticed one of the guys there smelt exactly like I used to smell. Was very strange.
It's so true about the salt cravings. Pepperoni and nachos rule
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Chelsea on May 05, 2018, 08:17:31 AM
Thank you for clearing that up.LOL  Really I will not get to race as Chelsea until the transition is over but, I'm just happy that it's happening. :) As far as driving I still haven't made it out of the driveway.  :laugh:

Hugs,
         Chelsea

Good Morning Hottie,                    05 May 2018

OK young lady, you are depriving the rest of the world the chance to see one of the Hottest Chicks on this space ship. Get out there and show yourself. You owe it to yourself.

Remember, if you are going to Race in Arkansas, let me know when and where and I'll make a real effort to get there.

While sitting here typing this I finally remembered I didn't replace my hormone patch yesterday. Done now.

Your breasts are probably getting wider, which won't affect the tape measure all that much. When they poke out further there will be a big change in the measurement.

Your niece didn't recognize you in the selfie, "Joni was in shock and said ok who's that?" quit worrying, you look fantastic. Now tell Chelsea to get out there to the world and take Laurie's ride.

Take care of yourself, stay safe and enjoy life.

Best Always to you and your family,
Christine

Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Chelsea

Thank you Donna for reminding me about that. I forgot all about my body smell has changed a lot and I am enjoying it. Even my sweat has a kind of sweet smell.

Thank you Danielle and Christine. :) While it was good that everyone is accepting me in the family it still doesn't make me feel any better about myself. I think its going to be a very long time before I can go out into public. Yes I think I look descent in the pictures I post but they are not the way I look normally. The years and gravity has done some damage to my face and I will need a facelift. Mainly just a brow lift. I use tape under wig while I am growing my hair out and makeup to make the Chelsea I want to see. Kind of a home-made facelift. I can use FaceApp and look great but, I don't like false hope.
Below is the selfie that I showed my nieces and if you look close you can see some tape in this one. Sorry for the bad quality, the sun was coming in that morning behind me.
It is just disheartening to think how long its going to be before I actually look that way and be me comfortably.

Hugs,
         Chelsea

Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Donna

Girl you really need to
Let the world see you. Just fantastic looking.
Tape included lol
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

islandgirl

I have to agree with everyone! Chelsea you look great! Change does take time and we all 'grow' into the changes to our bodies. I think that it comes down to belief. Only you can tell when you are 'ready' to take your next step. All the best! Hugs, Kelly
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Chelsea on May 05, 2018, 08:17:31 AM
Thank you for clearing that up.LOL  Really I will not get to race as Chelsea until the transition is over but, I'm just happy that it's happening. :) As far as driving I still haven't made it out of the driveway.  [emoji23]

Hugs,
         Chelsea
Don't make me come out there.....

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Chelsea on May 05, 2018, 01:02:58 PM
Thank you Donna for reminding me about that. I forgot all about my body smell has changed a lot and I am enjoying it. Even my sweat has a kind of sweet smell.

Thank you Danielle and Christine. :) While it was good that everyone is accepting me in the family it still doesn't make me feel any better about myself. I think its going to be a very long time before I can go out into public. Yes I think I look descent in the pictures I post but they are not the way I look normally. The years and gravity has done some damage to my face and I will need a facelift. Mainly just a brow lift. I use tape under wig while I am growing my hair out and makeup to make the Chelsea I want to see. Kind of a home-made facelift. I can use FaceApp and look great but, I don't like false hope.
Below is the selfie that I showed my nieces and if you look close you can see some tape in this one. Sorry for the bad quality, the sun was coming in that morning behind me.
It is just disheartening to think how long its going to be before I actually look that way and be me comfortably.

Hugs,
         Chelsea

Dear Chelsea,                06 May 2018

I'm up past my bedtime because I want to let you know I think you are absolutely gorgeous. If I was 48 years younger I'd be camping on your door step.

I think I'll PM Laurie so we can co-ordinate a trip out to see you.

Quote from: Laurie on May 05, 2018, 04:22:04 PM

Don't make me come out there.....

Laurie, what do you think? I'll send you my email address.

Best Always Hottie,
Christine

PS:

Have an idea: Ask you brother what he thinks.
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

Donna

You have made it big time Chelsea. You have your very own stalker squad. Lol
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Chelsea on May 03, 2018, 06:22:14 PM
This was the Best Day of my Life!

I still am shocked that this just happened today. Before I get into details about it I would like to give you all a little bit of my history sense it deals with what happened today.

I started my day today by catching up on your thread.  Wow, what a great way to start the day!  I have happy tears from reading your story. 

Quote from: Chelsea on May 05, 2018, 08:58:03 AM
Month 2 Update

Today marks 2 months on HRT. My breast look like they are getting bigger. I took a measurement around my chest but didn't see any changes.

Yeah, I found the same thing.  The tape measure is not my friend.  I was 38 1/2 before I started HRT.  I am (finally!) up to an A cup, but still 38 1/2.  Every time I feel a growth spurt, I re-measure, and, guess what?  38 1/2.   WTH??  >:( 

Now I measure them by hand: they are half a handful now.  I'll be happy when they get to a handful, even if the tape measure still says 38 1/2.

You look very pretty in your photos.  I think your brother is right: you are a "hottie"!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: islandgirl on May 05, 2018, 01:58:12 PM
I have to agree with everyone! Chelsea you look great! Change does take time and we all 'grow' into the changes to our bodies. I think that it comes down to belief. Only you can tell when you are 'ready' to take your next step. All the best! Hugs, Kelly

Thank you Kelly. :)
You are right about belief. No matter how much I do to change my face, I can see right through all of it and see the old me. This is what I am afraid that everyone else is seeing. I have a problem with my face for some reason. Maybe something I will bring up to my therapist.... :)

Hugs,
         Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: Donna on May 06, 2018, 01:07:13 AM
You have made it big time Chelsea. You have your very own stalker squad. Lol

That's ok Donna,  They will run when they really see me. LOL
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: KathyLauren on May 06, 2018, 06:37:49 AM
I started my day today by catching up on your thread.  Wow, what a great way to start the day!  I have happy tears from reading your story. 

Yeah, I found the same thing.  The tape measure is not my friend.  I was 38 1/2 before I started HRT.  I am (finally!) up to an A cup, but still 38 1/2.  Every time I feel a growth spurt, I re-measure, and, guess what?  38 1/2.   WTH??  >:( 

Now I measure them by hand: they are half a handful now.  I'll be happy when they get to a handful, even if the tape measure still says 38 1/2.

Thank you Kathy.
My story is turning into a soap opera for me.  Yeah as for my breast I thought I was loosing my mind because you can clearly see they are bigger.  :laugh:

You look very pretty in your photos.  I think your brother is right: you are a "hottie"!

Unfortunately I don't see the "hottie" that other people do.

Hugs,
         Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

@KathyLauren
...  Kathy, yes indeed, the tape measure is not our friend... add to that mirrors and cameras !!!
I found that it doesn't take a lot of big actual and significant tape measure "improvements" to start having curves and fitting into clothing.  Add an inch to the bust, take an inch off of the waist, add an inch to the hips,... and  abracadabra the curves start to appear.

@Chelsea ... and Chelsea, you are indeed are looking terrific, beautiful and very much like a "hottie" young lady in your pictures.  It's no wonder your brother complimented you and your nieces didn't recognize your picture when you showed them.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jazmynne

definitely hottie fits Chelsea, very pretty, no worries in passing in my opinion. Love the choker would like to have one  myself.
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Chelsea on May 06, 2018, 08:36:37 AM
That's ok Donna,  They will run when they really see me. LOL

Buenos dias Chelsea,                06 May 2018

The only running will be to you to give you Hugs and Kisses.

When's the first race and where is it taking place?

Keep me posted; see you there!

Best Always,
Christine
  •  

amberwaves

You are definitely a hottie Chelsea.  It's easy for us to focus on the negatives and not see the big picture.  You are doing amazing and look great too.
  •  

islandgirl

Quote from: Chelsea on May 06, 2018, 08:35:51 AM
You are right about belief. No matter how much I do to change my face, I can see right through all of it and see the old me. This is what I am afraid that everyone else is seeing. I have a problem with my face for some reason. Maybe something I will bring up to my therapist.... :)

Hugs,
         Chelsea

Hi Chelsea! We are often our own worst critics. Other people often do not see what we think they do. I know that I made a conscious effort to learn a more feminine  walk, mannerisms and speech. Now, I never get miss gendered in public. It is usually my family who still do. They can't/won't get past the past. I started my transition at 61 and over the past there plus years, Everything has become more natural. You have a great image. By working on the rest, your confidence will improve to the point where you just move past the present beliefs. Hugs, Kelly
  •  

Donna

Quote from: Chelsea on May 06, 2018, 08:35:51 AM

Hugs,
         Chelsea

One day Chelsea you will look in the mirror and you won't recognize the person looking back. In the mean time don't concentrate to hard on your minds eye. We all see a beautiful girl when we look at your pictures.
When I start feeling I'm  not good enough to present I go to a photo album I have built that has the old me from my past back popped in with the new me. It wakes me up to who and what I have become and off I go.
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •