Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christinej78

Quote from: Chelsea on June 01, 2018, 10:26:35 AM
Today

Hi Chelsea,                 01 June 2198

The hood on the Stang looks like an aftermarket glass unit. Is this correct?
Is the stang an 87? What engine is going in it?

Nice work young lady.

Best Always, All my Love,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Chelsea

Thank you everyone. You people are like family to me. [emoji171]

Hugs,
       Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: maybesoph on June 01, 2018, 10:03:26 AM
Wow Chelsea I've only had a short break and it's taken me 2 hours reading to catch up.
It sounds like you have an awesome support network around you, and from your pictures you look amazing and must be getting male fail a lot by now.
Your business will pick up, think positive always.

So glad your journey is going so well.

Can't wait for more updates

Sophie

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank you Sophie.
I don't get mail fail because I still don't go out into public as Chelsea yet. I might look passable in the pictures but trust me I'm not. One day soon I hope.

Hugs,
       Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on June 01, 2018, 04:56:30 PM
Wow that looks flawless!  I love the gloss.  Do you use a booth or did you shoot it in the garage? 
Judi

I painted it right where its sitting in the pictures. I really don't worry too much about dust because I water sand everything I do. :)

Quote from: christinej78 on June 01, 2018, 11:55:49 PM
Hi Chelsea,                 01 June 2198

The hood on the Stang looks like an aftermarket glass unit. Is this correct?
Is the stang an 87? What engine is going in it?

Nice work young lady.

Best Always, All my Love,
Christine

This one is Jason's old car and is a 89. Mine is a 87

The hood is a "Double hump cowl hood from Cervinis customs"

The engine is already installed and is a 2015 modified coyote engine from a new Mustang.

Hugs
      Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Chelsea

Month 3 Update

Its 2 more days but I'm gonna go ahead and post, mainly because I'm really busy trying to get myself out of this financial mess I'm in. Plus what's gonna really happen in 2 days lol.

I just looked back through my post and found that my month 2 update is on page 7 and now here we are on page 19 so, I want to apologize for talking too much. I guess I have more going on in my life than I thought.

First thing is even though I have been going through a money battle I am really happy most of the time. But its more than before as my male self. Its like I want to do things now like dance. Really? I never do this. Also I'm all about singing to the steering wheel while driving.

Next is my emotions. I cry at the drop of a dime. Most of the time its happy tears. Last night the mirror got me down and i cried about that lol. Its not really that bad and I'm not worried about it. I told my hair stylist that has cut my hair sense I was 14 that I was transgender yesterday, while crying.  She was fine with it and give me a big hug and told me she loved me and she does not judge anyone.

Body changes
I finally have a little something different to see on the measuring tape. I have lost a full inch in my waist and have gained a full inch in my chest. I double checked this with my girlfriends help. My hips measure the same as before but they definitely look different. Also my thighs are starting to get that little "Jiggle" in my step.
My waist is now 27 inches from last months 28
My chest is now 35 inches from last months 34
My hips are still holding at 36 inches for the moment but look and feel better.

I have gained 4 pounds back of the 14 total I lost. I'm up to 131 pounds. I would like to be 155 properly per portioned of course. That is so difficult. Two weeks to gain 4 pounds. Huuuu....

I can honestly say I no longer smell like a man. The way I smell now is great compared to before.
Last thing is my nails are very healthy and look better than they ever have. Not really sure if that's the HRT or just me taking better care of them now.

I hope I didn't forget anything.

Hugs to all you ladies.  [emoji170]

Chelsea

Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

islandgirl

All sounds great, Chelsea! Just thought of something, and you may already do this and it is taking supplements. My endo had me start with mega vit D, 5000 ui, and calcium, over 2000 ui a day.

Sometimes the little things, like nails, can have a big impact on us. Having fun with hair and nails can be very uplifting. All the Best! Stay positive!

Hugs, Kelly 
  •  

pamelatransuk

Chelsea

It is so uplifting to read your 3 month update.

I am so happy things are progressing both physically and mentally. You have come so far already!

I know that you happy by your singing and wishing to dance.

I hope you enjoy the weekend and the next month

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Laurie

Hi Chelsea,

Hey girlfriend, come visit me and eat like I do. You will gain weight. Ask Michelle, she claims to have gained 6lbs in a week here. # months and it sounds like them female hormones are kicking in well for you. Hang in there the financial situation will get better. With your painting skill you could moonlight and do a better job than MAACO.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: Laurie on June 02, 2018, 01:07:06 PM
Hi Chelsea,

Hey girlfriend, come visit me and eat like I do. You will gain weight. Ask Michelle, she claims to have gained 6lbs in a week here. # months and it sounds like them female hormones are kicking in well for you. Hang in there the financial situation will get better. With your painting skill you could moonlight and do a better job than MAACO.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Laurie,
    Until we meet you need to give me some of your recipes you have hidden away. I'm doing better with my weight but its still a real struggle. :)

Hugs,
      Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Chelsea

Well Mom just told me that she can't accept me transitioning and never will. So........
I just lost my 82 year old mother I guess.
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Laurie

I am so sorry Chelsea. That is a hard one to take. I hope she will at least remain friendly towards you. I hear love transcends looks. Perhaps it will not be as bad as you think. Give it time and let her get used to the idea. But Hun, in the end you have to do what you feel is right for you?
  Take it from someone that knows the hurt family rejection can cause. It is survivable thought it is hard. As you know I nearly didn't survive it and still have to deal with some of my issues over it but I am doing better.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Rachel

I am sorry your Mom does not accept you. I know that must hurt.

You weight gain and measurements are fantastic.

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on June 03, 2018, 02:27:25 PM
Well Mom just told me that she can't accept me transitioning and never will. So........

Dear Chelsea:   So very sad to read your above post comment. 
Well, if it is any consolation, you are not alone in this regard.  There are lots of members hear that share your pain over personal relationship things like this.

I think that I have mentioned in my thread some time ago that when I officially announced my transition over three and a half years ago that my family... mom, dad, extended family and my long time best friends at the time basically disowned me and all but stopped talking to me... and it was only until last Christmas that when I called my parents on the phone that my mom, as her nervous and abbreviated conversation ended that she said goodbye Danielle.  That is the very first time that my mom or anyone there called me by my female name. My dad still will not say more than a few words to me and does not even say my name... and my long term best friends still don't answer my calls or my emails.

As  @Laurie  stated in her reply
... she has had her own disappointments with family and friend relationships and told you "that is a hard one to take"  "...in the end you have to do what you feel is right for you."
***... and @Laurie , loosing your close relationships and then having your own serious personal issues can not be an easy thing to deal with... kudos to you for having the good attitude that you appear to show on the Forums.

I am sure that for you all of this is indeed very disconcerting and hurtful.... the good news for you is that your brother seems to accept you, so that should be quite comforting to you.
For me it has made me feel quite alone especially since I live so far away now... I am certain that you are having similar feelings.

Hang in there girl.... stay strong and determined.
As always, I will be looking for your continuing reports and updates.

Hugs and hugs...
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

christinej78

Dear Chelsea,                       03 June 2018

NO you have not. Your Mother is 82 years old; she is not going to abandon her daughter. She's a good mom and good Mom's never abandon them no matter what.

I believe she is testing you to see if you will give up. Don't do it. You are the mistress of your own destiny.

Work on getting your financial situation stabilized and get your business back on a solid footing. You have been there before so you should be able to do it again. If I thought for an instant you were incapable of doing so, I wouldn't bother posting to your thread. You have a truck load of smarts so don't let a couple of hiccups harm you. Learn from them and move on to success.

Best Always, All My Love,
Christine

PS:

Tell your Mom I send her my love.

Going on a trip tomorrow; see my thread if interested.
Hasta luego mis amiga
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Katie Jade

Hi Chelsea,
My heart goes out to you sister, as I think I will be shortly be in a similar position to you.
My Mom is 82 as well, and somewhat frail so my brothers (who both know who I am) are really heavily pressurising me not to talk to my parents (My dad has a lot of depression issues at the moment as well). I do understand, but I could never forgive myself if she passed without knowing she had at least one daughter. Its a difficult decision for me as I don't know if I can ever tell them without causing more issues with their health.
Hopefully your mom with take time to ponder on your news, and eventually realise that you are still her child no matter what.
Don't give up that hope please.
I think you look gorgeous in your avatar and you need to keep going as only by being strong in the face of adversity, both personal and in general life can we support our families and loved ones in helping them to understanding who we really are and have always been. Hang in there girl, we are all rooting for you.
Hugz
Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

KathyLauren

Awww, so sad to hear this!  I hope she learns to accept you for the beautiful person you are.

(((((HUG)))))
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Rachel

I was divorced and my daughter said I am dead to her. I was over my ex's and my daughter and I when to the park for a 4 mile hike. My ex and I were to get lunch today but she cancelled on men next time. Relationships change but sometimes there is some contact.

My friends have not contacted me. I did not reach out to them after we meet when I came out. I will leave it at that.

My parents and brother are dead. My brother accepted me from day one. My parents showed me their disapprove from almost 5 on up with respect to being myself.

Sometimes people change. When they do it is usually a new normal and not the old past.

My sister and her family accept me.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

islandgirl

Both my parents passed long before  I transitioned. I have a very distant relationship with one brother and sister and none with another brother and sister. My social world is also very small. I have three boys, that I ran with during my marathoning stage, who are still close friends and we speak during our early morning walk/coffee times a couple of times a week. I have come to the point where it is up to my siblings whether we have contact. Hopefully, over time, they will come to a greater level of acceptance.  Even closer relationships such as spousal relationships are affected. My SO is still my best friend, but our relationship has become more distant.

I am so sorry that you are going through such a time with your Mom. Change is often difficult for people of an older age.
You have such a bright light burning in you. Please work to protect that flame!

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I think we all go into this knowing we could lose everyone.  I certainly worried about it and I was fortunate when my family supported me.  My dad is a bit distant but he's older than your mom.   Focus on your successes!  You're beautiful, and you have a loving GF.  Your brother and nephew are standing with you.  Hang tough.  <Hugs>   
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Chelsea

Thank you everyone. I just do not know what to say or do.
I love all of you and I appreciate the encouragement.
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•