Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelsea

You ladies are way too good to me. Your sweet comments has got me teary eyed this morning. lol

First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Stevi

Chelsea,

You are gorgeous.  Don't resist seeing what all of us can see so clearly.  That is the unanimous opinion of all of Susan's Place.

It is good to hear your business is coming along.  It is a never ending battle to keep new work coming in but you are up to the task.  Quality work, delivered on time, is its own best recommendation.

Your mother is going through the process.  She obviously cares a great deal about you and surely wants what is best for you.  Show her, through your day to day life, that this transition is what is best.  When she does realize that this is what is best, the change of attitude will be irresistible, automatic, for her.

Keep busy with working at the business and on your voice.  Stop worrying about your appearance.  You got that nailed, girl.  Above all, Be happy!

Stevi
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Stevi on June 07, 2018, 09:06:30 AM
Chelsea,

You are gorgeous.  Don't resist seeing what all of us can see so clearly.  That is the unanimous opinion of all of Susan's Place.

It is good to hear your business is coming along.  It is a never ending battle to keep new work coming in but you are up to the task.  Quality work, delivered on time, is its own best recommendation.

Your mother is going through the process.  She obviously cares a great deal about you and surely wants what is best for you.  Show her, through your day to day life, that this transition is what is best.  When she does realize that this is what is best, the change of attitude will be irresistible, automatic, for her.

Keep busy with working at the business and on your voice.  Stop worrying about your appearance.  You got that nailed, girl.  Above all, Be happy!

Stevi

Dear Chelsea,                     07 June 2018

I highlighted some of Stevi's comments. I've been telling you virtually the same thing everyone else has been saying about how gorgeous you are. Please believe us.

I think your Mother already knows your transition is what's best for you; she just has to go through the process of acceptance and admittance. If Mother's weren't the smartest people on earth, there wouldn't any people on earth. Now you know why men don't have babies.

Best Always, All My Love,
Christine the"Old Nag" that cares 
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

islandgirl

So glad that your business has picked up. As for your Mom, all you can do is continue to be happy, sing, dance and show the world the wonderful girl you are! As for the glasses, with your bone structure, you rock them. Can't wait to see a picture of you in some of those Italian sunglasses!

Stay positive!
Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

Chelsea

Thank you Stevi and Christine.
I think I look decent enough but not sure if I would pass. I would come out to the world now but I have my mother I'm waiting on and my voice. Its a slow process and its killing me. I can't go out in public with this voice but trust me I'm tired of waiting.

Hugs,
        Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: islandgirl on June 07, 2018, 05:35:58 PM
So glad that your business has picked up. As for your Mom, all you can do is continue to be happy, sing, dance and show the world the wonderful girl your are! As for the glasses, with your bone structure, you rock them. Can't wait to see a picture of you in some of those Italian sunglasses!

Stay positive!
Hugs,
Kelly

Thank you Kelly!  Mom talked to me a lot today, nothing about being trans but small talk. I'm so ready to get out there in the world and be me.

Hugs
        Chelsea

Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Chelsea on June 07, 2018, 05:44:18 PM
Thank you Kelly!  Mom talked to me a lot today, nothing about being trans but small talk. I'm so ready to get out there in the world and be me.

Hugs
        Chelsea
That's great! That means trans is not the only thing on her mind. She is finding her own way to accepting the new you.

Girl....you are rocking your looks! You will have no problem passing with looks alone. I can't comment on your voice or mannerisms which can be a dead giveaway. How safe is your area for trans people? If your surrounding community is tolerant, then go for it! Set Chelsea free! If your safety is an issue and it's safer for you to be stealth, then practice getting your voice and mannerisms right. You have already got your looks sorted out.

Best wishes!

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Sonja

Hi Chelsea,

Glad to hear things are progressing along for you, I'm glad you've got a strong positive attitude - it will definitely help.
Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply to your letter yet - I'm a bit up and down at the moment so its hard to write something definitive about me back to you - if you know what I mean...But it will happen, sooner than later.

Take care,

Sonja.

•  

Chelsea

I had a appointment with my therapist today. She was impressed that I had come out to my mother and my brother, or at least she acted like it. I think this is the fifth time seeing her. I told her about going out in the car a few times. I told her that now the only thing keeping me from going out into the world is my voice. She said that there are places I could go in public and not really have to talk to anyone. The first thing I thought of was I could go pump gas. I would be out of the car but be close enough to jump back in if it becomes crisis time.  :laugh:

I started Chelsea a Facebook this week and have got so many people telling me to get out there including most of you I think I'm ready. I'm asking all of you that are interested to send me a friend request, the more friends the better.

On the way home me and Alivia stopped at the store. I do not have many girl cloths and wanted a pair of skinny jeans.
I marched right in there and after about 10 mins I found a cute pair. Me and Alivia walked up to the girl at the dressing rooms and she ask Alivia "Are these for you?" I was so proud of myself because I stepped in and said "No they are for me" She stopped for a second and said "You know these are girl jeans?" I said "yes mam I'm transgender and have to start somewhere" She said "O sure go right ahead" I cant believe that I actually did that. No embarrassment at all.

Very sad that my happy moments didn't last very long. I tried them on and guess what? They didn't fit. Just to give you girls a idea of how skinny I am these were a size 4. That was the smallest ones in the store. I cant go out without something to wear so I'm stuck here again dealing with my weight issue. That really let me know just how skinny I am. I guess that's all for now because if I keep going its going to be just complaining about my weight again.

Hugs,
       Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Chelsea on June 08, 2018, 05:27:30 PMI said "yes mam I'm transgender and have to start somewhere" She said "O sure go right ahead" I cant believe that I actually did that. No embarrassment at all.
Yay, good for you!  Sorry to hear that the jeans didn't fit.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

islandgirl

Way to go, Chelsea! Don't let not getting the jeans hold you back! There are other stores. Great attitude! I have said before that you have the courage and now you have the intent! Life will be so much better for you!

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Yes! You deserve to be you and go shopping like anyone else.  Don't be bummed out about the size.  Women's clothing is all over the map.  I typically wear an 8 in pants but I do have 10's and 6's that fit great.  Tops are another thing all together.  Where are you going shopping next?
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on June 08, 2018, 05:27:30 PM
I had a appointment with my therapist today. She was impressed that I had come out to my mother and my brother, or at least she acted like it. I think this is the fifth time seeing her. I told her about going out in the car a few times. I told her that now the only thing keeping me from going out into the world is my voice. She said that there are places I could go in public and not really have to talk to anyone. The first thing I thought of was I could go pump gas. I would be out of the car but be close enough to jump back in if it becomes crisis time.  :laugh:

I started Chelsea a Facebook this week and have got so many people telling me to get out there including most of you I think I'm ready. I'm asking all of you that are interested to send me a friend request, the more friends the better.

On the way home me and Alivia stopped at the store. I do not have many girl cloths and wanted a pair of skinny jeans.
I marched right in there and after about 10 mins I found a cute pair. Me and Alivia walked up to the girl at the dressing rooms and she ask Alivia "Are these for you?" I was so proud of myself because I stepped in and said "No they are for me" She stopped for a second and said "You know these are girl jeans?" I said "yes mam I'm transgender and have to start somewhere" She said "O sure go right ahead" I cant believe that I actually did that. No embarrassment at all.

Very sad that my happy moments didn't last very long. I tried them on and guess what? They didn't fit. Just to give you girls a idea of how skinny I am these were a size 4. That was the smallest ones in the store. I cant go out without something to wear so I'm stuck here again dealing with my weight issue. That really let me know just how skinny I am. I guess that's all for now because if I keep going its going to be just complaining about my weight again.

Hugs,
       Chelsea

Chelsea:
  I am so glad that you have been faithfully continuing with your voice therapy, very important to have your voice at least somewhat match your female appearance.

Well, regarding womens clothing, as you are aware, the clothing sizes and related measurements are not very valid for the trans-woman.  Our hips are smaller, our upper torso is bigger, the ratios between hips, waist and bust are all different than for a cis-female.  The same size pants that I wear are usually too small for a similar stature cis-female... cis-female obviously have more pronounced curves that require a bigger size to fit their hips and butt.
Good advice dictates to not buy anything until you try it on at the store.  Of course once you have purchased more female clothing that fits properly you can better judge the sizes that may fit you.... but still try them on before purchase... this will save you a lot of time at the refund and exchange desk at the store.

It was good to read that you were confident and bold when at the check out counter to buy your new jeans....  way to go!!!  I imagine that the clerk will be more careful in the future.
Thanks for sharing your update... I always am looking forward to following your life events.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Chelsea

Thank you ladies!  I'm not stressed about it the jeans. I know I have a long way to go. If I had just a few more pounds they would have fit perfect. I'm just going to keep eating as much as I can to get those pounds on.

I remember some of you girls said that you keep a journal about your transition. After the jeans didn't fit I was on my way out and walked right by a new journal book that just called out to me. I said to Alivia "Look that's Chelsea all the way." Danielle I thought of you right away because of your "positive mindset thread" and I had to have it. 
I love the bold statement because that's how determined I really am. I think my baby boy loves it too. lol

Hugs,
         Chelsea

Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on June 08, 2018, 09:12:48 PM
Thank you ladies!  I'm not stressed about it the jeans. I know I have a long way to go. If I had just a few more pounds they would have fit perfect. I'm just going to keep eating as much as I can to get those pounds on.

I remember some of you girls said that you keep a journal about your transition. After the jeans didn't fit I was on my way out and walked right by a new journal book that just called out to me. I said to Alivia "Look that's Chelsea all the way." Danielle I thought of you right away because of your "positive mindset thread" and I had to have it. 
I love the bold statement because that's how determined I really am. I think my baby boy loves it too. lol

Hugs,
         Chelsea

Chelsea:  Way to go....  yes, your new personal pen and paper journal is a great place to share your most personal thoughts with yourself....  be sure to write down exactly how you are feeling about things that you are concerned about... for me I find that it really helps me to process the way I can deal with my life issues and find solutions to get back on track. 
Obviously sharing here on the Forums is also very good therapy but most certainly your most personal things belong only in your private  journal
I am happy and somewhat flattered that you are finding some of my methods may be helping.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Dena

I look at some of the sizes others purchase and just feel lost. I am not carrying extra weight and the smallest I can squeeze into is a 14 or 16 tall. On the other hand a possible solution to your problem would be to look at junior sizes. They run a bit smaller and they have the advantage that their not as shapely, ideal for a developing body .
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jayne01

Way to go at the store Chelsea! Being confident in yourself when the salesperson told you they were women's jeans, and telling her straight up that you are trans and need to start somewhere.....awesome! Well done! The next time will be easier and the time after that will be easier again.

Sorry the jeans ended up not fitting. Women's clothing sizes are almost meaningless. There is so much variation between brands and sometimes even the same brand with different styles. Our sizes in Australia run differently to what you are used to, but I tried in two different styles of jeans from the same brand. The only difference in the styles was that one had a boot leg cut and the other was a skinny leg cut. I needed a different size in each style. Don't concern yourself too much with what the actual size is, just shop around until you find something that fits. There are clothes out there to fit every body shape imaginable.  Don't give up!

Great job finding that journal. It has Chelsea written all over it. It is so you.

Oh, I don't have a Facebook account otherwise I would be sending you a friend request for sure. One of these days I might create an account for myself.

Take care,
Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Chloe_freebird

Hi Chelsea good to see everything is going well sory to hear your jeans not fitting but don't worry you will find some soon :)  love your journal  and your kitty looks soooooo cute!
Xxx
Chloe

Started hrt 3/7/2018!
Came out to team at work 15/8/18

•  

Chelsea

Trigger Warning !!

Girls I am at the end of my rope. This will probably be my very last post. I am negative in all three bank accounts and cant do anything about it. In 11 days I will loose one very important machine that I need to keep going. Evey time I go one step forward I go 15 back. Also I owe the IRS 13,000. Who ever said money cant by happiness is a idiot because in my case it would have. All the money from the recent jobs have been used for bills and I'm out. I am so full of hate and anger right now I cant even express it. Thanks to all of you for your support but I'm afraid that encouraging thoughts and ideas is not gonna help this want to be girl. I wish all of you the very best life. Live it to the fullest sense I cant.
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on June 11, 2018, 11:09:57 AM
Trigger Warning !!

Girls I am at the end of my rope. This will probably be my very last post. I am negative in all three bank accounts and cant do anything about it. In 11 days I will loose one very important machine that I need to keep going. Evey time I go one step forward I go 15 back. Also I owe the IRS 13,000. Who ever said money cant by happiness is a idiot because in my case it would have. All the money from the recent jobs have been used for bills and I'm out. I am so full of hate and anger right now I cant even express it. Thanks to all of you for your support but I'm afraid that encouraging thoughts and ideas is not gonna help this want to be girl. I wish all of you the very best life. Live it to the fullest sense I cant.

My dear Chelsea;
  Hang in there! As it has been happening for you, things can change rather quickly for better as they have for worse.  I am always wishing you well. 

Never give up, never surrender.

Please ... I want you to PM me.
Hugs, and well wishes,
Danielle

•