Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandgirl

I agree Chelsea! Changes happen. Sometimes the big changes create opportunity elsewhere. I look back at your journey to date and see many positive things that have happened to you. You are taking control of your inner woman and that can not change. Things may seem hopeless right now, but keep moving and trying. A new beginning will happen. You are in my thoughts.

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

Chloe_freebird

Hi Chelsea  never give up you are an amazing woman with soooo much talent you will get through this 1 step at a time  since I  started following you on your journey you have given me hope for when I start Mine
You are an inspiration to us all
Xxx
Hugs Chloe
Xxx
Chloe

Started hrt 3/7/2018!
Came out to team at work 15/8/18

•  

Donna

Quote from: Chelsea on June 11, 2018, 11:09:57 AM
Trigger Warning !!

Girls I am at the end of my rope. This will probably be my very last post. I am negative in all three bank accounts and cant do anything about it. In 11 days I will loose one very important machine that I need to keep going. Evey time I go one step forward I go 15 back. Also I owe the IRS 13,000. Who ever said money cant by happiness is a idiot because in my case it would have. All the money from the recent jobs have been used for bills and I'm out. I am so full of hate and anger right now I cant even express it. Thanks to all of you for your support but I'm afraid that encouraging thoughts and ideas is not gonna help this want to be girl. I wish all of you the very best life. Live it to the fullest sense I cant.

So sorry to hear this Chelsea, you are an amazing young woman and I would just Np at the chance to help out if I was in a position to do so. Hang in there and keep us informed please
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Chelsea on June 11, 2018, 11:09:57 AM
Trigger Warning !!

Girls I am at the end of my rope. This will probably be my very last post. I am negative in all three bank accounts and cant do anything about it. In 11 days I will loose one very important machine that I need to keep going. Evey time I go one step forward I go 15 back. Also I owe the IRS 13,000. Who ever said money cant by happiness is a idiot because in my case it would have. All the money from the recent jobs have been used for bills and I'm out. I am so full of hate and anger right now I cant even express it. Thanks to all of you for your support but I'm afraid that encouraging thoughts and ideas is not gonna help this want to be girl. I wish all of you the very best life. Live it to the fullest sense I cant.
Chelsea, I am sorry you have hit another obstacle with your work. You are correct, thoughts and ideas alone will not help your financial situation. Take a deep breath, calm yourself and approach this problem with a clear mind. You have been without work before and then landed jobs to pay some bills. You can find work again. If you still can't find work and you lose that important machine, you still have skills. Look for a job working for someone else, using your skills. Can you make some parts to keep for yourself before the machine goes away to show off your skills if it comes to that?

There is a way out of your current situation but you will not find that solution if your mind is clouded with hate and anger.

I will also send you a PM and you can send me a PM anytime. Please don't leave the forum. There might be someone here who can give you just the right idea you need to get you back on your feet.

Hang in there, Chelsea.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

pamelatransuk

So sorry to read your latest post Chelsea. Please try not to be too despondent but I know it is difficult to change your thinking when you are down.

I shall pray for you. God Bless you.

Pamela

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Chelsea I know things seems dark but have faith in yourself.  You will come through these tough times. 

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

UPDATE to all of Chelsea's followers:
....from Alaskan Danielle regarding our much loved Chelsea:

Please keep posting your encouraging and uplifting replies here on her thread.   Even though she has gone "silent" as far a posting is concerned she is checking in a few times a day undoubtedly reading your reply posts here.

I have been communicating with Chelsea outside of Susan's Place and have been having a heartfelt dialog exchange with her.  She is obviously depressed regarding her business and financial situation and is still attempting to be upbeat about her transition in face of some difficulties there.   

Again, PLEASE continue posting your thoughts here....   she has been checking in and has been looking at her thread.
I will do my best to keep all of her followers here updated while making an effort to not delve into Chelsea's privacy.

We all love ya Chelsea.....  keep on keeping on.

HUGS to ALL,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

davina61

Went there with my business so feel for you, the only thing I can say is keep tying as you never know whats in the future. Consider this as a facebook friend request!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

islandgirl

Good morning Chelsea! I have been thinking about you a lot over the past few days. You are such a beautiful and courageous young woman! I know that things seem hopeless for you at the moment, but I want you to know that you have a large group of women who are here to support you! Please stay as positive as possible and know that because you are such a capable and skilled person, that things will work out for you.

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

Katie Jade

Dear Chelsea
I've just run through your thread and apart from the cashflow, you have a lot going for you (ignoring family stuff as I can see that will not be an issue for you soon, as people get used to us and then accept us as we are in reality the person they knew before). You are very pretty, have friends, (as well as us here), and you have immense courage in following your heart and starting transitioning. Don't forget that. We all get battered by life, but we get up again, thumb a salute at it (naughty type), and keep going, you know you have that courage in you  - we have seen it. I'm extremely envious of your cute looks, and weight/size, and you do have more going for you than you think. All I can do, as you mention, is send my warmest heart felt support and words, and they are from my heart.
I don't live in the states, so banking there is new to me, but when I get in difficulty I talk to those that have lent me money so they know what's going on. Often they help so as to get their cash back rather than lose it altogether. Maybe someone knows of a way or an organisation that can help or advise financially in the states. I don't remember what you do, but maybe you can offer to do work for them whilst getting back on your feet? Again I don't know the details.
Please think about your issues from different perspectives, there will be a way.
As I said, you are strong to get where you have so you cant give up.
We all love you here and OK, we most likely cant physically help, but maybe assist with ideas, however outlandish, that may spark some recovery for you, both in your self belief and with work.
God bless

(and Hugz)
Katie

:angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Laurie

I will second @Alaskan Danielle 's post. We all need support at times in our lives. This is Chelsea's time of need. Like Danielle I am also in touch with Chelsea.

Hugs, to her and everyone,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

sarah1972

Hey Chelsea... Don't give up! I have been where you are. You are such a beautiful, smart and vibrant women, there is no mountain you cannot climb.

You may be wondering why I know so well how this feels. In College, I owned a small company with a classmate and we had leased some very expensive equipment under the commitment of two customers to regularly hire our services. We had done all of our diligence financially and it should have worked out just fine. We did not expect one of our customers seizing his business and the other only hiring us at half the originally agreed price. We ended up with weekends where we earned about 50 Euros after two backbreaking days of work.

Still, somehow we decided not to give up on. I ended working four days a week to keep our company afloat. My friend did a few side jobs to pay for his expenses and what I made was barely enough for the leased equipment and the rent for our shop. My fridge was sometimes empty for days, sometimes weeks. At least I could have one occasional meal at college.

We managed to keep the company alive for about 3 years, trying to get new customers. One day my friend called me and told me that he has a permanent job offer and that he wants out. I had one too at that point and we dissolved the company. We could return the leased equipment and sell off everything else. I ended with quite some debt out of this and it took me a few years to fully recover.

In the end, however, I made it. I dug myself out of this mess.

You are not the only one. Think what else you have already mastered and accomplished in your life. I do believe anyone who has admitted to themselves to be transgender and has taken steps is very resilient. I am convinced you can find a way out of this!

Stay strong, and please stay positive!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Jayne01

Chelsea,

I don't have any experience running my own business, so I'm not sure how I can help in that area. However, my parents ran their own business for most of the time I was growing up and living at home. It originally built into a successful business with good income, but then due to factors outside of their control, the business took a massive hit and they were forced to close it down and do something else to make ends meet. Initially both mum and dad found jobs working for another employer, not even in the same industry they were in. It was any job just to pay the bills and put food on the table. In their spare time, they came up with alternative business ideas, different to their original business, but still something they could put their skills to use. Over the years, they ran several different businesses. They never became rich, but they provided well for three children and managed to make it to retirement without being hungry, owned their own home and even had some savings to help them enjoy retirement. What I am wanting to say is don't give up. You will get through this. This isn't the end of the world.

Hang in there girl.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

MissyMay2.0

Sorry you are having a rough time, but don't let an obstacle stop you, or deter you from the big picture; speed bumps slow us down, but they don't stop us from reaching our destination. I had a lot of speed bumps during my transition, which is why it took me 9 years to go full time!

Best wishes, have faith in yourself, and never stop trying😊
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Thank you everyone for chipping in with your thoughts, experiences, and encouraging words for Chelsea.... 

I had already shared some of the following with Chelsea but I want to post more of my experiences here on her thread so that she can see from reading all of the supportive posts that she is not alone with business, money and personal issues that try to derail our transition plans and life goals.

For me,  I have had my very successful career in the corporate world and I now am self employed in my own business.....  but there were some unhappy and very tough financial times for me early on.

After studying very hard in college and graduating with a MBA and a Mathematics degree I had acquired my dream job, finally after about a year I had bought and moved to my new home, had just contracted for remodeling and then all of a sudden after working there for about a year, with no notice, my job was gone... the company went chapter 11 and had a mass lay-off .  I immediately lost my company car and also my very good income....    my very first house payment was due in a few weeks among many other expenses...plus what was left of my college loans were coming due, about $30,000+...  I immediately scrambled to find a job, any job, or any jobs.  Even if they were low paying jobs they would at the very least offset some of my expenses and if lucky any job that I would get would provide health insurance benefits.   
Temporarily I got a job at K-Mart... working at night stocking the shelves...  low pay for sure but it was something.   I then was seeking something more but first I had to buy a car to replace the now gone Company Car... so I bought a beater VW Bug so I could look for additional work....  I found a 2nd job as low pay clerk at Office Depot clear across town, it was a daytime job so I was able to keep my K-Mart night job.   In any spare time that I had, which was not much with working 2 jobs, I put my feet to the pavement and I personally applied for every job I could think of that could utilize my hard earned and expensive college degrees. 
The key aspect of my story so far is that at the Office Depot store when I was helping a customer finding accounting and finance supplies... he and I started a conversation about accounting and business... it turns out that he was the VP of Accounting at a large company that was expanding ....  with that conversation I soon landed a great job with his company.... and a much better situation and more pay than my previous Corporate job...

Here is the point I want to get across...  IF I had not taken that low pay 2nd job I may have never found my path to the much better and higher paying job with the new company.  I held that job as an accounting and business development executive for 8 years and received promotions and pay upgrades during my time there.... that was the last job I had working for someone else before I became Full-time in my transition and then relocated to where I am now and started my own woman owned self-employed CPA business

Chelsea, the salient point of my preceding life experience is for you to take any opportunity or opportunities, low pay, temporary, more than one job, whatever... to offset your ongoing expenses while being diligent in seeking ways to save your business or to find a job that utilizes your hard earned skills and abilities, with a paycheck that is commensurate with your experience and expertise.

Blessings to you Chelsea, and as always I am wishing you well,
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jayne01

I would like to add to Danielle's comments, thanking you all for your support and encouragement for Chelsea.

I have been in contact with Chelsea today, and with her permission, I'd like to let you all know that she is ok. It is clearly a very difficult time for her right now. She does read your posts but will probably be taking a little break from posting anything herself. Keep your comments coming, she needs help to get back on her feet.

Thank you.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Sonja

@Chelsea - Never give up, ever. As a self employed person myself I know the never ending struggle to get up every morning and face another day. To belay doubts and fear and force a positive smile on your face in the eternal optimism that I will try to score another paid job.  Despite the fact that I owe $35k on top of my mortgage and I'm almost always in a floating credit with my bank - I am eternally optimistic - why? Because the alternative would lead me down a dark path. Over the many years I have often taken on part time jobs while running my small business, waitering, bar work, data entry, warehouse storeman, once I had a temp job to wipe the mould from thousands of wine bottles that hadn't been packed properly in their container...( no I didn't drink any..), packing orders of lingerie in a massive factory - loved that job.....yes I did have a staff discount....my first ever bra - said it was for my girlfriend.....it wasn't .... ;-)

So - I would take Danielle's advice, nothing beats a financial debt better than the surety of a paid job, whether its part time or a temporary job till you feel better. I promise you - it can be a real spirit lifter knowing your still moving along by doing that.

Take care Chelsea,

Sonja X
  •  

Chelsea

Thank you everyone. I'm not feeling well and will be back later on if I get out if this mess.

I love all of you.

Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Chelsea on June 12, 2018, 09:01:31 PM
Thank you everyone. I'm not feeling well and will be back later on if I get out if this mess.

I love all of you.

Chelsea
Take all the time you need, Chelsea. Look after yourself.

(((Hugs)))

Jayne
  •  

Susan Baum

Quote from: Chelsea on June 12, 2018, 09:01:31 PM
Thank you everyone. I'm not feeling well and will be back later on if when I get out if this mess.

I love all of you.

Chelsea
Please don't leave us.

I too have been there. I think I went through the most unspeakably cruel depression I had ever felt when my business failed and every turn I took was worse than the last. A customer I had gone to great lengths to accommodate surprised all with a bankruptcy leaving me out about $25K (a tidy sum in 1990), my surgeon had just told me I needed surgery and would be out of work for 6 months (no insurance), and I had the state and IRS hounding me. 
Oh, did I mention I was starting my transition as well? My 12-year-old daughter and I were at about the same level of puberty...
Darkness was closing in on all sides when a phone call asking for more time on a debt led to a chance job interview - as Susan. It wasn't much but between my new job and my wife's, we had barely enough to keep a roof over our heads, beans (literally) on the table and the bears at bay but we made it.

You will get through this mess. You have made it this far and bedazzled your doubters, you cannot turn back now.

Susan
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •