Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandgirl

Hi Chelsea! Glad to see you back here! Your friend believed in you and saw those super  skills of yours! It is amazing to see what you can so with a vehicle that looks so bad!

As far as exercise, I would not worry to much about it for now as you new job is providing enough work for you arm muscles. You could if anything do some cardio work and this will help with your stamina. I think that it is one area that many who are transitioning put off and with the HRT we all take, this can clause issues that we need to work even harder at a later stage.

Keep believing girl! You are strong and know who you are!
Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

Susan Baum

Hi, Chelsea.
I happy you are back among the employed and are taking care of your mom - even if she cannot accept the "real" you.

I am thinking part of your hydration and stamina problems could be related to Spiro; I am not a doctor but when I was originally put on Spiro, it was as a diuretic to drain fluid from around my heart - problem was it did so everywhere else, too. (It's other effects were just gravy as far as I was concerned!) I felt so weakened and lethargic I asked my doctor who pulled me off of it because my potassium levels went through the roof. He said electrolyte imbalances can lead to some pretty weird effects so at least have a quick chat with your physician.

You are in my thoughts,

Susan
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •  

Rachel

Make sure you are getting enough salt too. Salt and water.

Your work speaks for itself. You are talented.

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Katie Jade

Dear Chelsea
Im so happy that you have some good stuff coming through, but as you indicate its going to be a hard slog (Im English so look up the slang). Your heart is always stronger than your mind in the end, so go with it. Look after your Mom, as we all try to, but make sure you have your 'me' time as well. Without the 'Me' time you wont end up helping anyone. Go androgynous if needs then full on Chelsea the rest of the time, it helps.
I wish I was there to give you a big sisterly hug, you need one I think.
Take care and keep battling on.
As ever,
Hugz
Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: Rachel on June 16, 2018, 06:28:35 PM
Make sure you are getting enough salt too. Salt and water.

Your work speaks for itself. You are talented.

I figured out that needed more water when I started waking up in the mornings feeling hung over. I started drinking lots more water and it went away. I hate having to get up to pee a couple times a night though. I always have salt cravings now also. I eat a jar of pickles a week now. lol Thank you for the sweet comments

Hugs,
        Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: Katie Again on June 16, 2018, 07:44:57 PM
Dear Chelsea
Without the 'Me' time you wont end up helping anyone. Go androgynous if needs then full on Chelsea the rest of the time, it helps.

I cant have any "Me" time because I'm stuck in one room of the house. Its terrible.

Hugs,
      Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Donna

It can only get better dear. We are all pulling for you.
The salt thing is very strong and has made natchos my primary food group. Lol
I'm terrible on the water thing and should know better. So prone to infections when I get dehydrated and it's the main reason I stopped drinking alcohol. One small drink and I would wake up soooooo hung over.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: Donna on June 17, 2018, 10:00:55 AM
It can only get better dear. We are all pulling for you.
The salt thing is very strong and has made natchos my primary food group. Lol
I'm terrible on the water thing and should know better. So prone to infections when I get dehydrated and it's the main reason I stopped drinking alcohol. One small drink and I would wake up soooooo hung over.

I haven't had any infections yet as I try to drink a lot now. I stopped drinking alcohol 4 years ago. I drank enough in my 20's and 30's to kill a whale because I was so depressed. I might have a occasional Piña colada or something every blue moon but that's it. Natchos are awesome. :)

Hugs,
     Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

islandgirl

Quote from: Chelsea on June 17, 2018, 09:04:35 AM
I cant have any "Me" time because I'm stuck in one room of the house. Its terrible.

Hugs,
      Chelsea

Good morning Chelsea! About the 'Me' time: It is possible! A big part of it is attitude and other presentation. I know when I first started my transition, I went with the androgynous thing. I got rid of almost all of my 'male' clothing and purchased female clothing. Most of those clothes came from thrift stores. Jeans and tee's can really work. I probably went for over six months that way before finally saying to heck with it and went full time. Lots of female clothes can work from 'boy friend shirts', jeans, flips, etc. Even runners can be androgynous.

I think if there is a way to do it, you will do it! Even in your one room. Stay the course!

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

maybesoph

Hi Chelsea,

Glad your back girl, cantv see anyone's journey being smooth & I'm glad your made of mentally strong stuff to ride it through. Must be hard with your mom but it's your life and you need to live it, by not going forwards you could end up resenting your mom who your clearly love a lot.
I'm glad your working it means I don't have to sell a kidney for ya now too!! Your paintwork skills look great keep it up.

Soph.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on June 17, 2018, 10:10:32 AM
I haven't had any infections yet as I try to drink a lot now. I stopped drinking alcohol 4 years ago. I drank enough in my 20's and 30's to kill a whale because I was so depressed. I might have a occasional Piña colada or something every blue moon but that's it. Natchos are awesome. :)

Hugs,
     Chelsea

Dear Chelsea...  kudos to you for kicking the alcohol habit...  as you stated an occasional drink is usually not a problem.

NOW, regarding salt cravings!!!!   Welcome to HRT side effects.   
For many of us on the Forums we talk about our salt cravings and how we satisfy them.   For myself it is Dill Pickles....  I probably go through a jar of pickles every week.  OH, and Green Olives.  ....   not only takes care of the salt cravings but also helps to curb dehydration and the resultant leg cramps. 

Thanks for continuing your updates, I am following your transition progress as you share...
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

islandgirl

Hi Chelsea! Pickles! I could not get enough pickles! A few days after I stopped the spiro, after my surgery, I stopped having the cravings!

Quite a few years ago, over 20, I stopped drinking, as I could not sleep and it did nothing to dealing with my depression. Over the years since, I still have those feelings but I am now have to deal with them with a clear head. I idea is that I am better able to do so. Some days are better than others.

I remember when you described the time when you and a friend went out and about one day and how happy you were! I recommend that you so do as often as possible. Keeping the happiness in your centre will give you more strength to deal with the challenges of home.

Positive thoughts!
Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

Chelsea

Thank you ladies.

Danielle, I was wondering what the heck was up with my legs. At night sometimes they cramp and you can see the muscle moving around. Its kind of weird looking and it hurts. I was thinking I had restless leg syndrome but it might be dehydration so thank you for letting me in on that. I used to hate green olives when I was younger but I am willing to give them another try. The HRT has completely changed my taste for the better and like you I eat a jar of pickles a week now.

Kelly, Me and my girlfriend has been out two times at night. I tried to get all dolled up in the machine shop a few days ago but in 10 minuets I was sweating too much and had to stop. My shop is about 120°F and I only have fans blowing the hot air around. I really would like to go out in the day time but unfortunately that cant happen right now. I hate this sneaking around just because of mom can't accept it.

I'm going to voice therapy number 5 today and feel like I'm wasting her time because I haven't practiced because....... well you all know why.

Hugs,
        Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on June 18, 2018, 12:19:29 PM
Thank you ladies.

Danielle, I was wondering what the heck was up with my legs. At night sometimes they cramp and you can see the muscle moving around. Its kind of weird looking and it hurts. I was thinking I had restless leg syndrome but it might be dehydration so thank you for letting me in on that. I used to hate green olives when I was younger but I am willing to give them another try. The HRT has completely changed my taste for the better and like you I eat a jar of pickles a week now.

Kelly, Me and my girlfriend has been out two times at night. I tried to get all dolled up in the machine shop a few days ago but in 10 minuets I was sweating too much and had to stop. My shop is about 120°F and I only have fans blowing the hot air around. I really would like to go out in the day time but unfortunately that cant happen right now. I hate this sneaking around just because of mom can't accept it.

I'm going to voice therapy number 5 toady and feel like I'm wasting her time because I haven't practiced because....... well you all know why.

Hugs,
        Chelsea

Dear Chelsea:    If you wake up in the middle of the night and or have leg cramps anytime, I found that for me a very fast way to make them calm down is to drink a few ounces of dill pickle juice... not as bad as it sounds.... the salty taste is very satisfying and the cramps will usually go away within minutes.   The green olive juice is even saltier and I have acquired a taste for that as well.   
Another home remedy is yellow mustard, I am told that because it is high in Turmeric and Salt that a couple teaspoons of that will help too.   I have tried both and both work for me, but I like the pickles solution best. 
If you come to my house and look at my pickle jar you might find that most of the juice is gone.... and good luck finding green olives too.

Oh yeah... makeup and sweating are not a good combination.... when overheated like that keep guzzling the water.

OH, I am so glad you are going to voice therapy #5 ...  keep on keeping on and I am happy that you are back on your transition path again.

Thank you for posting your update... and please keep them coming.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

islandgirl

Yes makeup can be difficult in sweat environments! I agree with Danielle re: voice therapy! You may not be practicing as much as you think you should but keep with it. Over time your voice will have made at the adaption that you want.

As far as your Mom, I know that it is difficult and that she will take a long time if ever to change. She is only one person and you have the rest of your life to live. This may sound harsh, and I don't mean for it to sound that way, but you do have a right to live you life. You do spend time away from her and you can take charge of that time. Say strong and believe in who you are!

I really feel for you, and for your struggles! Sending positive thoughts your way!
Hugs,
Kelly.
  •  

JulieAllana

In addition to salt, you may be deficient in other electrolytes like magnesium and potassium.  These are common deficiencies in many people.
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Jayne01

Hi Chelsea, it's so good to see you getting yourself back on track with your transition and some work. It's tough living in the same house with someone who doesn't accept you. Don't be disheartened and keep moving forward.

I feel like the odd one out with the salt cravings. I don't seem to have any noticeable cravings from the HRT. Maybe I already had sufficient salt in my diet. I do like pickles though. Make sure to keep yourself well hydrated. With the high heat in your shop and the dehydrating effects of the spiro, you will need extra water.

Keep practicing your voice. I stopped practicing for a while because I overdid it and had a sore croaky voice which took several weeks to return to normal. It's still a little hoarse. Over practice sent me a little backwards instead of forwards. Glad you are keeping your voice therapy lessons.

Hugs,
Jayne

•  

Chelsea

Girls I had the best voice therapy experience today. I am almost over the shyness and being nervous around her finally. I said a few sentences the first time with my therapist and then by myself. She recorded me and ask me what did I think I sounded like to myself before I heard the recording. I was thinking I sounded silly but after I heard the recording It give me the chills. I cannot believe that voice came from me.
I was so happy I instantly teared up. I really have to concentrate on what I'm doing but she told me before long it gets easier and I wont have to think so much about it. I held a 205hz through the sentences and can tell what Chelsea's going to sound like. I have a long way to go but this is the only good news I have had in a while. I wish I could practice more but she told me to limit it to 15 mins a day. Hearing that voice has made me want to practice more. For once this was a really good day, even though I had to skip a few hours of work it was worth it!

Hugs,
         Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Jayne01

Awesome Chelsea! What a great piece of news. You must feel so proud to get these results after only 5 lessons. Limiting the practice is good advice. As I mentioned in my previous post, too much practice can have a negative effect with risk of injuring your voice. I am so proud of you. Well done!

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on June 18, 2018, 04:42:03 PM
Girls I had the best voice therapy experience today. I am almost over the shyness and being nervous around her finally. I said a few sentences the first time with my therapist and then by myself. She recorded me and ask me what did I think I sounded like to myself before I heard the recording. I was thinking I sounded silly but after I heard the recording It give me the chills. I cannot believe that voice came from me.
I was so happy I instantly teared up. I really have to concentrate on what I'm doing but she told me before long it gets easier and I wont have to think so much about it. I held a 205hz through the sentences and can tell what Chelsea's going to sound like. I have a long way to go but this is the only good news I have had in a while. I wish I could practice more but she told me to limit it to 15 mins a day. Hearing that voice has made me want to practice more. For once this was a really good day, even though I had to skip a few hours of work it was worth it!

Hugs,
         Chelsea

Dear Chelsea:
  I am so very happy to hear your good news report regarding your voice therapy lesson #5....  and you were so worried that you had not practiced....   
Keep up the very good work.   Practice, Practice, Practice... it is when you let your guard down or are stressed that it is all too easy to slip back into your old male voice.   Practice to the point that speaking in your new voice comes naturally and eventually you may find it more difficult to speak in your old male voice.
Keep up the good work and keep your good reports coming.   Nice for you to write about and nice for us to read.
Hugs,
Danielle

•