Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamelatransuk

I am so happy for you Chelsea; you went out and you conquered the fear.

I understand the apprehension over next time but I know you are motivated to go out again and again.

I know you want to be Chelsea fulltime really and I think your time will soon come.

Hugs of happiness

Pamela

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: pamelatransuk on August 13, 2018, 06:40:11 AM
I am so happy for you Chelsea; you went out and you conquered the fear.

I understand the apprehension over next time but I know you are motivated to go out again and again.

I know you want to be Chelsea fulltime really and I think your time will soon come.

Hugs of happiness

Pamela

Thank you Pamela.

After getting back home and throwing up from nerves , I wouln't exactly say I'm "motivated" to go back out. Not yet anyway. I need a lot more time and just wanted to see if I was ready but I didn't have fun at all around people. I don't really want to feel that pressure right now. I will get there someday. :)

Hugs,
           Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on August 13, 2018, 08:12:50 AM
Thank you Pamela.

After getting back home and throwing up from nerves , I wouln't exactly say I'm "motivated" to go back out. Not yet anyway. I need a lot more time and just wanted to see if I was ready but I didn't have fun at all around people. I don't really want to feel that pressure right now. I will get there someday. :)

Hugs,
           Chelsea

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:
As others have commented, it really does get easier each following time that you go out and about as Chelsea.   
Also as I had mentioned in my past comments "safety in numbers" .... going out with a supportive and accepting friend or two or more is usually a good idea... they can act as your "body guards" !!!!!

Continue on and keep on keeping on....  we are your biggest fans.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

JulieAllana

YES!  Safety in numbers for sure.  I go out after my support group meeting every month with some of the others and it is definitely easier when part of a larger group.

Julie
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

pamelatransuk

Quote from: Chelsea on August 13, 2018, 08:12:50 AM
Thank you Pamela.

Hugs,
           Chelsea

Hello again

I apologise as I see that I was wrong to use the word "motivated" at this point in time and I hope you will accept my apology if you can please.

I hope you venture out only when you feel comfortable to do so and I realise that may take some time.

Wishing you happiness in your life as a whole.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Jayne01

OMG Chelsea!!!! Congratulations on your first outing in public as you. You were literally sick from nerves afterwards but the good news is that the first outing is the hardest and that is behind you now. It just gets easier from now on.

I totally understand the feeling of wanting to be Chelsea more and more. We all experience that feeling as we get closer to becoming full time as our true selves. You will know when you are ready to go out again. The desire to be Chelsea will overshadow your fear and out in the world you will go. Soon enough you won't even think about it, you'll just get dressed in your favourite outfit and go out.

And as always, you look amazing!

Congratulations again for this big step forward.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Chelsea

Ok girls I can't believe I'm posting this but I'm starting to accept myself and its all good. Joni wanted to work on my natural hair last night and I figured it would not hurt to see what she can do. We grew up together in the 80's in the time of "Big Hair" and she always has been into doing different styles. These pics are what she come up with and said she can do a lot more once it grows out more. Sorry about the poor quality pics but the lighting in her room was horrible.

Now whats your thoughts?  Do not sugar coat it and just tell me, I can take it and will not be offended. Its messy looking but she said it was supposed to be. lol  I know absolutely nothing about hair so I have a lot to learn. The first two Im just in a regular t-shirt and the other two was a dress she had. I was going to get a full length shot of me because I loved that dress but my phone died before I got the chance.

So here I am, no tape, no wig, just me with a little makeup and Joins silly hair work. lol
Thank you all for everything!

Hugs,
         Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: pamelatransuk on August 14, 2018, 04:34:23 AM
Hello again

I apologise as I see that I was wrong to use the word "motivated" at this point in time and I hope you will accept my apology if you can please.

I hope you venture out only when you feel comfortable to do so and I realise that may take some time.

Wishing you happiness in your life as a whole.

Hugs

Pamela

Pamela hon there is no need to apologize. No offense taken what so ever.  I know that every one of you are here to help and I appreciate every single comment from all of you. :)

Hugs,
           Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

Faith

Quote from: Chelsea on August 16, 2018, 09:03:35 AM
Ok girls I can't believe I'm posting this but I'm starting to accept myself and its all good. Joni wanted to work on my natural hair last night and I figured it would not hurt to see what she can do. We grew up together in the 80's in the time of "Big Hair" and she always has been into doing different styles. These pics are what she come up with and said she can do a lot more once it grows out more. Sorry about the poor quality pics but the lighting in her room was horrible.

Now whats your thoughts?  Do not sugar coat it and just tell me, I can take it and will not be offended. Its messy looking but she said it was supposed to be. lol  I know absolutely nothing about hair so I have a lot to learn. The first two Im just in a regular t-shirt and the other two was a dress she had. I was going to get a full length shot of me because I loved that dress but my phone died before I got the chance.

So here I am, no tape, no wig, just me with a little makeup and Joins silly hair work. lol

Hugs,
         Chelsea

I'm not fond of the hairstyle myself so my opinion doesn't count. It looks good for the style that it is, if that makes sense? I must add though, the 4th photo (which I left in the quote) would be an excellent profile picture .. more-so if you smiled. I have to work on smiling myself. You look great in all four pics.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: Faith on August 16, 2018, 09:16:20 AM
I'm not fond of the hairstyle myself so my opinion doesn't count. It looks good for the style that it is, if that makes sense? I must add though, the 4th photo (which I left in the quote) would be an excellent profile picture .. more-so if you smiled. I have to work on smiling myself. You look great in all four pics.

I like the look of my wig a lot better. It was more just to see what she could do with it and just to play around with it.
I want it to look as close to the wig as i can after it grows out enough . As far as smiling, If you seen my teeth you would understand why I never smile in any of my pictures but I can only fix one thing at a time.
Thank you for the comments.

Hugs,
       Chelsea
Started HRT! 3-7-18

•  

JulieAllana

1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:
Please allow me to use my term: WOW-WHEE  - - - I love what your friend Joni did with your natural hair in all 4 pictures.

Let me tell you this, going out there without your wig and having your natural hair styled in a feminine way such as Joni did for you is so much more self-affirming and confidence building for you. 
Wigs are helpful for many, but your natural hair really, really, yes, really looks very good as shown in your pictures... and I am not sugar-coating my comment either. 

In my opinion, ditch the wig and go out there as Chelsea with the hair that you were born with!!!!   Make certain that you continue to get some more tips from Joni about the different ways that you can fix your own hair.... particuarly so as it continues growing and you can experiment with even more hair styles.

Oh, and I love the color of your hair too!!!   Very lovely and beautiful look for you.  The new Chelsea!!!

Hugs and more hugs...... thanks for posting and sharing.
Danielle

•  

KathyLauren

Hugs,
         Chelsea
I just got caught up on your thread.  First of all, congratulations on getting out as yourself.  It will be difficult at first, but it will get a little easier each time.  The important thing is that you did it!!

And now, your pictures...  WOW!!  I like the look with your wig, but I totally LOVE the look with your own hair.  OMG, you are so cute!  Especially that last picture.  I am not just saying that, I really mean it. 
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Chelsea the wig does look good on you but its not the only look you can pull off.  Consider that the wig is also a different color and that may be affecting your opinion.  Those photos all look great.  Your natural hair is coming along just fine and Joni has really styled it to show it off positively.   I would not be ashamed to go out with a style like that.  They work for you.  I think a little bit of bangs showing looks nice. 

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

TonyaW

Hugs,
         Chelsea
From the wig you usually have I'd guess that you want it longer and looks like you've got a good start on that.

I think she did pretty good with what you have now though.  It looks feminine and plenty of cis women have similar hairstyles.   

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Allison S

I'm growing my hair out too it's been about a year now... From what was a very short buzz cut.
Well I still wear wigs occasionally when I go out. It's a very long and frustrating process. I won't be cutting my hair or even getting trims at salons for years.
I think your hair has potential to be what you want it when it grows out longer.
I actually want a similar style!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Maddie86

you look cute in these new pics! definitely passable!
  •  

christinej78

Hugs,
         Chelsea

Hi Chelsea,                 16 August 2018

You know me, I don't pull any punches, no sugar coating, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but:

I see NO sign of male. You look to be a beautiful young woman about 25. Go for it before you turn 30.

Take care young Lady.

Best Always, All my love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: christinej78 on August 16, 2018, 11:48:37 PM

You know me, I don't pull any punches, no sugar coating, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but:

I see NO sign of male. You look to be a beautiful young woman about 25. Go for it before you turn 30.

Take care young Lady.

Best Always, All my love
Christine

@christinej78
Dear Christine: 
Exactly my thoughts also. 

So, there you have it  @Chelsea
....  there is agreement for some of your followers!!!!

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

GingerVicki

Quote from: christinej78 on August 16, 2018, 11:48:37 PM

Take care young Lady.

Best Always, All my love
Christine

I agree totally
  •