News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on August 30, 2018, 08:44:16 AM
I made some tiny baby steps last night. I know these are not going to seem like much to you girls but it was not easy for me. I have been hanging out with my two nieces Joni and Beth lately and have gotten really close to them. Last night Joni wanted to do my makeup. I made the small step to go through the drive trough and get us all food. Beth ordered so I didn't have to use my voice. After we get to the window I was shocked that nothing happened like I thought. No weird looks, no comments, nothing. I don't even think they could tell.
    With my confidence rising Beth said I got of too easy and that she needed to stop at pilot for something.(The pilot that I stop every day in and know everyone.) After we stopped I figured out what she was meaning about getting off to easy.
What did she do?? She goes in and outs me to Kelly and Megan that was working and told them Chelsea was outside. Of course they both come running out to the car to see me. Again I was extremely nervous but that quickly went away after they talked to me for a few minuets. I actually got out of the car this time and talked to them for a few minuets and it felt great. They both told me I was ready and could not tell besides my voice. As soon as I have the cash I will get back into voice therapy.
   Like I said its not a big deal for some but this is the hardest part for me is going out in public. I had a great time last night and just wanted to share it with all of you.    I got this!!

Hugs,
          Chelsea

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:
Thank you for keeping us informed of what is going on in your life lately....

Your experience with your nieces sounded terrific and it is wonderful that you have those two girls to encourage you and to help you with things like makeup and more or less giving you a shove in the right direction.   It was neat that they outed you to the other two girls... and their reaction was precisely what all of your followers here are saying to you.   Yes indeed, if you can get it all together with your finances and family situation your obvious next move is the one that you desire... VOICE THERAPY  !!!!

Yes indeed, the idea of going out in public for new transitioners can be very frightening but it can also be exciting....  even if clocked, and initially that has happened to all of us, it is a step that has to be taken... as you refine your appearance, your movements, your mannerisms.... and of course your hair, makeup, nails, clothing,... and your general appearance .... it will get easier and as you more successfully pass your self-confidence and self-assurance will keep increasing...   take it from me, these are things that we all are going through or have gone through.

Please continue working on all of these things... and it is wonderful that you have a group of cis girlfriends to act as your guides....   

Hugs and well wishes as always... and thank you for your update.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

JulieAllana

1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Very nice Chelsea!  Sometimes baby steps are all we need to boost our confidence.  You have two good allies in your nieces. 
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Maddie86

•  

maybesoph

Chelsea,

They're not baby steps they are amazing steps.
I bet you feel on top of the world right now, glad you've got awesome friends around you to help.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

•  

TonyaW

Chelsea,

you're right about it being no big deal to some of us.  But that's now and only because we took those first few steps that scared the <expletive deleted> out of us. 

There's an old saying, " a journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".

Pretty soon it will be no big deal to you also.

Congratulations.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

KathyLauren

Like I said its not a big deal for some but this is the hardest part for me is going out in public. I had a great time last night and just wanted to share it with all of you.    I got this!!
Yes you do, hun, you've got this!  What you did is indeed a big deal.  The first time out in public is scary as heck, but you did it.  Give your friends a big hug from me for helping you with it.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jayne01

Chelsea, this is FANTASTIC!!!!! Don't sell yourself short girl, these were so much more than baby steps. It was a giant leap. It may take a few days for the full effect of what you have accomplished to sink in. You discovered at the drive through window that things rarely turn out as bad as we imagine.

Then what Beth did by outing you to Kelly and Megan was a bold but necessary step for you. She obviously knows you well and knew what you needed. And as you found out, your nervousness quickly went away. This was a great day for you. One to be celebrated and remembered. Congratulations on making such an enormous leap forward in your transition. You will soon figure out that each step you take makes the next step easier. I remember you telling us about your last outing in public as Chelsea. You were so nervous that it made you physically ill. This time, it ended up being a non event.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

I had a great time last night and just wanted to share it with all of you.    I got this!!
Yes, you most certainly have got this. I'm so proud of you. It is such a pleasure watching you grow into the woman you know that you are.

Extra big hugs for you today!
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Jayne

I made some tiny baby steps last night. I know these are not going to seem like much to you girls but it was not easy for me. I have been hanging out with my two nieces Joni and Beth lately and have gotten really close to them. Last night Joni wanted to do my makeup. I made the small step to go through the drive trough and get us all food. Beth ordered so I didn't have to use my voice. After we get to the window I was shocked that nothing happened like I thought. No weird looks, no comments, nothing. I don't even think they could tell.
    With my confidence rising Beth said I got of too easy and that she needed to stop at pilot for something.(The pilot that I stop every day in and know everyone.) After we stopped I figured out what she was meaning about getting off to easy.
What did she do?? She goes in and outs me to Kelly and Megan that was working and told them Chelsea was outside. Of course they both come running out to the car to see me. Again I was extremely nervous but that quickly went away after they talked to me for a few minuets. I actually got out of the car this time and talked to them for a few minuets and it felt great. They both told me I was ready and could not tell besides my voice. As soon as I have the cash I will get back into voice therapy.

Hugs,
          Chelsea
  •  

Chelsea

Month 6 Update

It's unreal that I have made it to the 6 month mark already. I guess with all that is going on in my life, time just has flew by. I skipped the 5 month update so I will just cover it in this one.
Body changes are starting to show and are getting hard to hide in "boy mode" My nieces tell me I'm not fooling anyone. lol

Chest is up to 35½ from 33 originally.
Waist is down to 26 from 28 originally.
Hips are up to 36½ from 34 originally.
Thighs are up to 19 from the forth months 18½ Before month 4 I didn't think to measure them.

My face has changed more than I thought it would at 6 months. I'm really girly looking in the face now but I can't go full time yet because of mom. I get odd looks sometime but I don't pay attention to people much. This is the hardest part for me to actually figure out whats changed in my face. I can look back at older pictures and see a big difference from 6 months ago. 

No changes on voice therapy because I have not been in a long time. This is another thing that is keeping me from going full time. I plan to start back as soon as I get the cash.

Mentally the emotional part seems like is has eased off some. I think a little more clearly even though I am still struggling financially. One negative thing I have noticed is my eye sight has took a turn for the worse sense starting hrt. Shame because I have always had 20/15 vision above the standard 20/20. Now I can't see things closer then about 12 inches away.

Im very very happy with the results I'm getting and feel blessed in the changes Im getting with hrt. If I ever get out of my financial mess I will have it made. I just need about 20 pounds but unfortunately I am holding at 130 pounds.
I left you girls a pic from last night. :)

Thanks to everyone for following my thread and I love you all.

Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Sonja

@Chelsea
She's back and she's HOT!
Hi Chelsea, You look great and it sounds like your body is changing nicely! Don't fret about your voice therapy you'll get back into it soon. I loved reading about your outing with your nieces - thats exciting stuff! About your eye sight - stress and tiredness can play havoc with eyesight so bare that in mind.  Your hair in your photo looks really good and very natural as it blends in well with your overall look - but I'm also curious since you gave us a glimpse how your real hair is coming along as well ?  still getting longer?

Take care,

Sonja.
  •  

Jayne01

Hi Chelsea,

Thank you for your 6 month update. You have come such a long way since I first met you on this forum before starting HRT. Your physical appearance is astounding. You are stunning! And your psychological state has improved dramatically. I am so proud of you and all the hard work you are putting in to do what is right for you.

Hopefully you will be able to return to voice therapy soon. I have not yet started but I will be making an appointment to see a voice coach in the coming weeks.

Your eyesight deteriorating may not be due to the HRT. It might just be your age. You and I are the same age and I too have noticed in the past month or two that my near vision is getting bad. I struggle to read things without holding my arm out at full stretch. [emoji23] Many of my coworkers are similar age to me and their vision has also taken a sudden downturn and none of them are on HRT. The good news is that you can get yourself a nice pair of girly glasses to really show off your femininity.

You look beautiful in the photo you posted. You've got this girl! You are rocking it!!!!

Hugs,
Jayne

Quote from: Chelsea on September 02, 2018, 11:32:57 PM
Month 6 Update

It's unreal that I have made it to the 6 month mark already. I guess with all that is going on in my life, time just has flew by. I skipped the 5 month update so I will just cover it in this one.
Body changes are starting to show and are getting hard to hide in "boy mode" My nieces tell me I'm not fooling anyone. lol

Chest is up to 35½ from 33 originally.
Waist is down to 26 from 28 originally.
Hips are up to 36½ from 34 originally.
Thighs are up to 19 from the forth months 18½ Before month 4 I didn't think to measure them.

My face has changed more than I thought it would at 6 months. I'm really girly looking in the face now but I can't go full time yet because of mom. I get odd looks sometime but I don't pay attention to people much. This is the hardest part for me to actually figure out whats changed in my face. I can look back at older pictures and see a big difference from 6 months ago. 

No changes on voice therapy because I have not been in a long time. This is another thing that is keeping me from going full time. I plan to start back as soon as I get the cash.

Mentally the emotional part seems like is has eased off some. I think a little more clearly even though I am still struggling financially. One negative thing I have noticed is my eye sight has took a turn for the worse sense starting hrt. Shame because I have always had 20/15 vision above the standard 20/20. Now I can't see things closer then about 12 inches away.

Im very very happy with the results I'm getting and feel blessed in the changes Im getting with hrt. If I ever get out of my financial mess I will have it made. I just need about 20 pounds but unfortunately I am holding at 130 pounds.
I left you girls a pic from last night. :)

Thanks to everyone for following my thread and I love you all.

Chelsea
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:
Thank you for your update.... wow, 6 months already?  Where has the time gone???
It is so great to hear and read about your transition journey progress and about your comparison body measurements details.

I really do hope that you can get a handle on your "mom" situation...  that seems to be your main stumbling block for you to start your path to going full-time.

Regarding your eyesight and having trouble focusing clearly on things closer than 12 inches.... welcome to the world of most people that are 40 - 50 years old...  you may still have good 20-20 vision at a distance but you may now need reading glasses....  like most folks getting a little older.   Obviously an Optometrist visit could be in order for you when you have the funds available.  .... very inexpensive reading glasses are available at most drug stores withougt a prescription....

It was really good to find your update on your thread.  Please continue to keep your followers informed of your goings on in your life... we are always here to support you.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

It's good to hear from you Chelsea.  You're looking great.
Judi
In living every day.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Chelsea

I have set a date or Goal to go full time. On April 3 2019 witch is 7 months away and my birthday. I hope within 7 months I can be good enough with my voice that I will sound better. I will be at 11 months by then and should be good enough. Im tired of waiting.

I am under more stress right now than I ever have been in my life. Im just waiting on the IRS to come banging on my door. Mom is still the same and is not making things any easier. Im still working the same crazy hours but its just enough to get by and I cant save anything. Im starting to get weird looks more now and it really don't bother me at all. It just tells me that Im ready.

I have been in three stores now as Chelsea and talked to a few friends of mine out in public with no issues and that has helped my nerves a lot. I just wish this stupid adams apple was gone and I would be ok. The picture below is of me with no makeup for the first time ever on here and Im kind of embarrassed about it. I just wanted you all to see how much my face has changed in just 6 months. No I don't wear pink in boy mode but I dont really look like a guy anymore. I hope I can make it through all this because my life has fell apart.

Hugs,
            Chelsea

First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Chelsea

I am sorry that you still have to work such long hours for little reward (being unable to save) and that your mom has not moved in her opposition.

OTOH you have definitely gained confidence with going out and you intend to resume Voice Therapy.

I assure you that you do look feminine and passing should be no problem; furthermore your Adam's Apple is not prominent and should not be a problem for passing but if it bothers you, then of course have it removed.

I think you are right to chose a date 7 months hence for fulltime which is realistic and attainable.

I have faith in you that you will achieve your target date and perhaps exceed it.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Chelsea on September 06, 2018, 09:56:43 PMNo I don't wear pink in boy mode but I dont really look like a guy anymore.
Chelsea, you look great!  Thank you for posting your un-made-up picture.  You are right that you don't look like a guy any more.  If you were trying to pass for a guy, I can see that you would get looks, because you are male-failing.  Trust me, the adam's apple is not the first thing anyone will notice.

That sounds like a good plan to go full-time in seven months.

I know that you are feeling stress right now.  You are dealing with it as well as you can, and still planning to move forward.  I wish you nothing but success.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica

The stresses that beat you up now will disappear after you realize they are only problems if you make it a problem.  Life and living does change during and after transition and it doesn't always fit into someone else view of you.  If they love you, they will need to change that view or it becomes "their" problem.
Show your love always, and they will have to own that if they love you too, they need to show it also.

You definitely male fail now and as Kathy said, the Adam's apple is not the first thing anyone notices.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Thanks for the update. I agree you look good!  And I think your long term plan is wise.  OTOH have you considered contacting the IRS to see if you can work out a plan?  That might relieve some stress. 
All my best, Judi
In living every day.
  •  

Katie Jade

Chelsea
Love your pic.
I don't think you will have far to go face wise in reality. You have a lot of internal issues it seems, you just need to pick them off one at a time. Your money issues will sort themselves out if you are careful, and I can see that you are working towards sorting that out. As for your Mom, sometimes they get better and sometimes you have to accept where they are and focus your energies on other things.
As for looks, you look lovely. My own hair is almost shoulder length, MPB'ish and no one really comments but its thick everywhere else a bit like yours. Its getting a pain as I have to tuck behind my ears a lot and when its windy it gets in my eyes so much, but Im not cutting it at all until I see split ends.
Look after yourself as without that you cant look after anyone else.
You have had the strength to come this far, and deep down you know you can move forward. Loose the baggage that doesn't really matter.

Luv n Hugz
Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •