Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JulieAllana

What do you mean it isn't going to sound like alot to most of us?  We have all or are all going to be there!  This is most certainly HUGE for you.  I am so proud of you taking yourself out of your comfort zone to grow as a woman.  I only hope I an do so with as much courage as you have done when it is my time.

Love,
           Julie
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on October 01, 2018, 11:34:41 AM
Had a great day yesterday. Its probably not going to sound like a lot to most of you but its a milestone for me.
I went all over town yesterday just doing my regular everyday things but, I did them as Chelsea. The first place I stopped at I sit in the car for a while telling myself everything will be fine and it was. I went to about 7 places yesterday with not one issue. I even got a couple of compliments and a coupe guys checking me out. After the first two places I stopped at it seemed to get easier and I could feel my nerves settling down.
    This was the first time that I have ever felt freedom like this and finally got to be me without one issue. Maybe it was the wig that gave me away last time or my nerves but I think I can get the hang of this. I know there will be some not so good times but days like yesterday make it all worth it and I am going to love living as a woman.

Hugs,
        Chelsea

@Chelsea:
My Dear Chelsea:
Whoooopie.... Wow-whee.... Wowzers ......  how can I tell you more emphatically about how pleased I am and how I feel about your update?
Absolutely a major blockbuster MILESTONE for you and something to make note of in your personal journal.
....this is such wonderful and delightful and affirming and confidence building news for you.   This is absolutely terrific and I can imagine that you feel so very elated and  on-top-of-the-world  about all of this.

I am thinking that you were correct about the wig and you being very nervous and unsure about yourself that was giving you male-fail, if you recall I suggested that you ditch the wig and go with your beautiful natural hair. 
I am very happy that you are using that new natural hair picture in your Avatar/profile photo now...absolutely very beautiful for sure.

I am just overflowing with happiness for you....   I just want to reach out and give you a great big hug.

Thank you for posting and treating all of us to this wonderful update.
[emoji173] [emoji173]  [emoji173]
Hugs and hugs and well wishes as always.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Had a great day yesterday. Its probably not going to sound like a lot to most of you but its a milestone for me.
I went all over town yesterday just doing my regular everyday things but, I did them as Chelsea. The first place I stopped at I sit in the car for a while telling myself everything will be fine and it was. I went to about 7 places yesterday with not one issue. I even got a couple of compliments and a coupe guys checking me out. After the first two places I stopped at it seemed to get easier and I could feel my nerves settling down.
    This was the first time that I have ever felt freedom like this and finally got to be me without one issue. Maybe it was the wig that gave me away last time or my nerves but I think I can get the hang of this. I know there will be some not so good times but days like yesterday make it all worth it and I am going to love living as a woman.

Hugs,
        Chelsea
Hi Chelsea,
                    That sounds so different to your last major public outing! When are you going out again as Chelsea ? Is the idea much less nerve wracking. ?

You are inspiring me to get out in public in girl mode !

This sounds like a new era for you where you can go out as your female self whenever you want .

Your post is of great interest to me & I wish you more success & satisfaction as Chelsea. Inspirational !

Kirsten[emoji898]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I love your avatar.  You look great!  I'm glad you found the stress level to go down and you were comfortable being out as yourself.  I think your natural hair looks wonderful and the wig, while nice may have drawn unwanted attention.  Overall this was a momentous event for you as it was for me when I first ventured out as myself.   Congratulations!
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Chelsea

Its not often I get to post two updates in the same day. Actually I don't think I ever have. I went home today after half-way changing into boy mode with just a tiny bit of makeup on and my hair still all curly and plopped down in a chair right beside mom. She looked at me in disbelief and I said how do you like my hair mom? She said you don't look like my boy. I said I'm not your boy mom but, look at this. I showed her the picture below or the one I'm currently using as my avatar. I ask her if she knew who that was. She ask me "Is that really you?"  I said yes mom its me. I told her now you have seen me and this curly hair so what is the big deal with me coming or going like that? She told me because she don't believe in it.
    In total amazement I didn't push her and left it at that. This was the very first time that she said one word about me being trans. I did get a picture of mom when she was in her 20's and I'm starting to look a lot like she did. I showed her that picture of her beside mine and you could see the gears turning. The last thing I said was "Mom, I'm starting to get weird looks dressing like a guy so let me know when I look silly enough for you."
   I feel like she might be coming around but its hard to tell. Only time will tell. If she would just let me be I could go full time a lot sooner. Anyway thank all of you for the sweet comments. :)

Hugs,
         Chelsea

First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

JulieAllana

Wow.  That is really encouraging!  Just the mere possibility that she is coming around has my face cracking in a smile. 

Love,
              Julie
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Chelsea on October 01, 2018, 10:33:34 PM
   I feel like she might be coming around but its hard to tell. Only time will tell. If she would just let me be I could go full time a lot sooner. Anyway thank all of you for the sweet comments. :)

Hugs,
         Chelsea

Hi Chelsea,                    02 October 2018

Congratulations young Lady; you deserve all that is good in life. You will succeed.

Best Always, All my Love, Always
Chris

PS:

You are absolutely beautiful!!!
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

amberwaves

I'm happy to hear that you stayed cool.  I hope she comes around.  Seems like you definitely gave her some good food for thought.  My mom was initially accepting, but not fully on board.  After seeing me become a happier person she came around big time.  Most parents just want their children to be happy and they can't believe how transitioning will do that for us. Of all her daughters, I look closest to her.  I'm super stoked by all your progress, you deserve all the good happening to you!
  •  

Faith

Its not often I get to post two updates in the same day. Actually I don't think I ever have. I went home today after half-way changing into boy mode with just a tiny bit of makeup on and my hair still all curly and plopped down in a char right beside mom. She looked at me in disbelief and I said how do you like my hair mom? She said you don't look like my boy. I said I'm not your boy mom but, look at this. I showed her the picture below or the one I'm currently using as my avatar. I ask her if she knew who that was. She ask me "Is that really you?"  I said yes mom its me. I told her now you have seen me and this curly hair so what is the big deal with me coming or going like that? She told me because she don't believe in it.
    In total amazement I didn't push her and left it at that. This was the very first time that she said one word about me being trans. I did get a picture of mom when she was in her 20's and I'm starting to look a lot like she did. I showed her that picture of her beside mine and you could see the gears turning. The last thing I said was "Mom, I'm starting to get weird looks dressing like a guy so let me know when I look silly enough for you."

Hugs,
         Chelsea

Great 2nd update! From the way you described it I think that you have acceptance in your future.

I wish my folks were still around to see the real me :(, they both passed long before I had my mental bombshell.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

pamelatransuk

Chelsea

I am so happy to read both your updates.

I know we can celebrate the first in that you went out and encountered no problems and gained confidence.

I believe we can cautiously celebrate the second in that your mom has shown just the first signs of possibly coming round to accept you; I honestly believe she will in her own time.

Sending you love and hugs

Pamela

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Thank you for the update dear.  You were very cool with your mom.  Good!  I can only imagine she will come around soon with you being discrete in your approach with her.  You look so sweet!!!
Judi
In living every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Its not often I get to post two updates in the same day. Actually I don't think I ever have. I went home today after half-way changing into boy mode with just a tiny bit of makeup on and my hair still all curly and plopped down in a chair right beside mom. She looked at me in disbelief and I said how do you like my hair mom? She said you don't look like my boy. I said I'm not your boy mom but, look at this. I showed her the picture below or the one I'm currently using as my avatar. I ask her if she knew who that was. She ask me "Is that really you?"  I said yes mom its me. I told her now you have seen me and this curly hair so what is the big deal with me coming or going like that? She told me because she don't believe in it.

Hugs,
         Chelsea

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:
    WOW, what a treat, 2 updates from you on the same day!!!   .... and even better is that they were positive and happy updates too.    I could just about hear the joy in your voice as I was reading them.   

That was such wonderful news about your mom.... things are getting better and better, I will be eager to read your future report about your mom's acceptance.

Certainly presenting yourself as "Chelsea" ... and with your natural hair... has made a big change in how you appear, and as is often said, "success breeds success"    ..... your confidence and seal-assurance have increased significantly and all of your followers are thrilled and very happy for you.

Hugs and continued well wishes,
Danielle

•  

steph2.0

Not sound like a lot? This is huge!!

With this report, you have simultaneously triggered incredibly strong and happy memories for those of us who've already gone through it, and become an inspiration to those who are where you were just a month or even a week ago.

You have every right to be proud of yourself. You conquered your fears. It's so wonderful to watch you grow!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Chelsea

I know I been posting a lot lately so sorry about that. I feel better as you all can tell. I was digging through old pictures and made my first before and after. I wanted to show all of you. I know, I know, I'm just a picture poster. lol
    The first one is about two years ago pre anything. You can see the misery clearly all over my face. I have no idea how I lived miserable that long. The second was about three days ago and, I will be on hormones 7 months in a couple days. I look in the mirror every single day and cant see the changes but, when I put these two pictures beside each other I almost swallowed my tongue. I cant believe that my face has changed that much in this length of time. It really got me excited. I'm not even full time yet and I already know that HRT has saved my life from that misery I felt all those years.

I will post my 7 month update in a couple days. ;)

Hugs,

Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Misery?  Oh my goodness, Yes!  What a change and certainly for the better.  Yes we do need to photo document the progress we make otherwise we never would seem to believe it.  You are so happy looking now.  Keep that in your heart forever.
Judi
In living every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on October 02, 2018, 05:58:15 PM
    I know I been posting a lot lately so sorry about that. I feel better as you all can tell. I was digging through old pictures and made my first before and after. I wanted to show all of you. I know, I know, I'm just a picture poster. lol
    The first one is about two years ago pre anything. You can see the misery clearly all over my face. I have no idea how I lived miserable that long. The second was about three days ago and, I will be on hormones 7 months in a couple days. I look in the mirror every single day and cant see the changes but, when I put these two pictures beside each other I almost swallowed my tongue. I cant believe that my face has changed that much in this length of time. It really got me excited. I'm not even full time yet and I already know that HRT has saved my life from that misery I felt all those years.

I will post my 7 month update in a couple days. ;)

Hugs,

Chelsea

@Chelsea:
Dear Chelsea:
You are finally getting the memo.... you look fantastic and you are now starting to believe it...  the drastic change in your face and eyes and your beautiful natural hair.... all of that paints a credible picture of a very attractive and convincing woman.
HRT physical changes come along slowly and everyone gets disappointed if they are looking for significant changes too frequently....  I personally found that when I had planned a monthly appearance evaluation for myself that was about right, changes were most certainly quite noticeable.... and, well, your before and after pictures separated by about 2 1/2 years show the dramatic changes that can give a you real boost to your motivation to continue on to your goal.

Oh, by the way, in the past you had been frequently mentioning that your Adams Apple is one of the reasons for failing to pass..... please put that on the most furthest back burner well after voice therapy... in your latest picture it is not even close to being a big deal.  Presenting yourself with your natural hair fixed in a nice feminine style as shown in your picture instead of the wig .... plus the use of proper makeup....and  your slender and appealing body and that beautiful face and smile of yours disarms anyone seeing you that may have been thinking of outing you.

Thank you over and over again for sharing with all of your followers... we do really care for your well-being.
I am very, very happy for you.
Hugs and hugs  [emoji173]
Danielle

•  

amberwaves

I agree the change is amazing.  I also agree that the adam's apple is not an issue.
  •  

Roll

Ah, Chelsea, gorgeous! GORGEOUS transformation!!!
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Chelsea on October 02, 2018, 05:58:15 PMI look in the mirror every single day and cant see the changes but, when I put these two pictures beside each other I almost swallowed my tongue. I cant believe that my face has changed that much in this length of time.

That shows the value of keeping a personal history of your transition.  What a difference!  Not just in the shape of the two faces, but in the expressions.  That is an amazing transformation.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jayne01

Hi Chelsea,

I have just caught up on your thread and WOW!!!!! Such fantastic updates from you. The incredible milestone of spending a day going out to multiple places as yourself and progressively becoming more confident as the day went on, then the glimmer of hope from your mother that she might be showing signs of coming round yo understanding who you really are.

And your before and after pictures!!!!
WOW! WOW! WOW! You don't look like the same person. You don't even look like brother and sister. You have transformed into a very beautiful woman who looks nothing like her former self. And I also agree with everyone else that you do not need that wig. Your natural hair is perfect and getting better each day.

Catching up on your thread has made my day. I am so incredibly happy for you. Keep up what you are doing because it is totally working!!! You rock girl!!!

Big hugs,
Jayne
  •