Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amberwaves

Quote from: Chelsea on October 11, 2018, 11:46:12 AM
Good times are coming girls.

Besides the bad toothache I have and my face looking like I have been in a fight, I'm happy.
Today is the very first time in months that my bank has been in the positive. My business has finally started to make profit. I still have a long way to go but at least I'm not broke all the time. This means I will be in voice therapy as soon as possible.

Now for the better news. I have not had boy clothes on in 6 days now. There are still places in town that I would not dare go in but I know I will in time. It still makes me nervous at times and others I get out of the car and march in like I own the place. I cant wait until I can do that everyday.

During these last 6 days I have not hid from mom. I would get ready and walk out the door like it was nothing. She was really mad at first and two nights ago I sit down with her and talked to her in full girl mode. To my amazement she sit and talked to me like everything was fine. It might be that a few days ago we got into a argument and I lifted my shirt (with bra on of course) and said "do I look like a boy mom?" She looked at me in amazement. I said "Its time mom I cant hide this anymore." Last night without me knowing she cooked me something to eat?? until she brought it to me. She hasn't done that in over 5 years! Shes probably starting to see what its like without my help. I'm not getting my hopes up but, everything is falling into place so far. This is the happiest moment for me sense starting my transition. Lets just hope it continues.

Hugs,
          Chelsea
I'm so happy your mom seems to be coming around.  Luckily I never had to flash someone to convince them [emoji23].  Good news about the money too.  Soon you will be you all the time and these trials will just be a memory.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Sorry to hear about the toothache but the positive bank balance is wonderful news!  We knew you would see things through and prevail.  You are definitely a fighter! Bravo! 

As to your mom, being yourself was probably just what was called for and she is seeing you are happy.  I'm glad to hear you are getting out and expanding your range in town as Chelsea. 

Your happiness shines though in this post.
Hugs, Judi 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Nicole70

A great update Chelsea, it's good to see you in a happier place lately, congratulations on your business success, and 6 days straight dressing comfortably as Chelsea.

I'm glad to hear your mum seems to have turned a corner, she probably sees your happiness [emoji4]

Nicole
  •  

pamelatransuk

I am so happy for you Chelsea on 3 counts.

Fulltime for 6 days without fear is an achievement in itself and shows yet again you have confidence.

Prosperity always desired but more so for us and for you to resume Voice Therapy.

Your mom is showing signs of coming round and I think should continue to show some support as she sees both your development and your happiness.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•  

KathyLauren

Yay, Chelsea!  Wow, six days of full-time, mother starting to get it, positive bank balance, you are on a roll, girl!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Chelsea on October 11, 2018, 11:46:12 AM
Good times are coming girls.

Besides the bad toothache I have and my face looking like I have been in a fight, I'm happy.
Today is the very first time in months that my bank has been in the positive. My business has finally started to make profit. I still have a long way to go but at least I'm not broke all the time. This means I will be in voice therapy as soon as possible.

Now for the better news. I have not had boy clothes on in 6 days now. There are still places in town that I would not dare go in but I know I will in time. It still makes me nervous at times and others I get out of the car and march in like I own the place. I cant wait until I can do that everyday.

During these last 6 days I have not hid from mom. I would get ready and walk out the door like it was nothing. She was really mad at first and two nights ago I sit down with her and talked to her in full girl mode. To my amazement she sit and talked to me like everything was fine. It might be that a few days ago we got into a argument and I lifted my shirt (with bra on of course) and said "do I look like a boy mom?" She looked at me in amazement. I said "Its time mom I cant hide this anymore." Last night without me knowing she cooked me something to eat?? until she brought it to me. She hasn't done that in over 5 years! Shes probably starting to see what its like without my help. I'm not getting my hopes up but, everything is falling into place so far. This is the happiest moment for me sense starting my transition. Lets just hope it continues.

Hugs,
          Chelsea

Oh Chelsea! That is great news. Wow! And she cooked you a meal too. Did you give her a hug for that? I knew she would warm up to you. Before you know it, things between you and your mom will become the new norm.

Congrats on your business moving into the black (positive), and moving ahead on your voice therapy.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jayne01

Well done Chelsea. You are progressing so well. Working hard to bring your business into profit is fantastic! Spending 6 days in a row as Chelsea is awesome! Your confidence is growing in leaps and bounds. You are starting to own your identity and this is having a positive effect not only on you but on your mother too. I have no doubt that her change in attitude is largely due to your own self confidence growing.

Thank you for sharing this excellent update with us.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Chelsea

7 Month Update

Im a week late on my 7 month update. I had a bad toothache and lost about 5 pounds in the process but I'm finally over that part. I'm working hard to put the weight back on. My body measurements are about the same, so nothing really to update on that.

My face has changed pretty dramatic in the last seven months though. I have been sick with this toothache taking antibiotics and haven't felt like getting all dolled up so I've been in guy mode. I had a pretty cool experience out a couple days ago. I seen one of my old guy buddies that i used to hang out with. I walked right pasted him no makeup, same clothes I used to wear, cap and he didn't even know who I was. I looked him right in the eye as we walked by. That was a weird feeling to have someone you know within one foot of you and not recognize you.

Other HRT changes would be that a lot more if my hair has come back in the front. I would say im only missing about a half inch in the front now. My doctor told me when starting fernasterise 7 months ago that some of my reseeding hair would come back but probably not all of it. I'm happy to say that 75% has come back and the tiny remaining part you can kind of see "peach fuzz" that wasn't there before so fingers crossed on that.

One other thing is that erections take a lot longer and are a little harder to achieve now so unfortunately that part is starting. Its all good though I am very happy with the person I see in the mirror now. Sure i have things I want to change but I feel pretty good for a 46 year old.

Thank all of you for always being so nice to me!! [emoji175]

Hugs,
           Chelsea

First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Chelsea
Dear Chelsea:
Thank you for sharing your 7 month HRT update with all of your followers on your thread.
I am so very happy for you that you are experiencing the more dramatic changes that HRT can bring. 
You have much more to come your way in your journey and more excitement will be yours as more and more changes come more frequently and more quickly.   
That was certainly an affirming experience for you to walk right past your old guy-buddy and he did not recognize you!!!  HoooRay for that.

Certainly good news about your head hair...  you look so very beautiful and feminine with your natural hair now... you can easily conceal any lack of hair in the front with a little creative styling like you are doing now.... I am glad that you put the wig away.

I gave up on erections at the 6 month point in my HRT...  there was not much happening down there after that.... just a distant memory, but women do not need that, we have other exciting erotic zones now!!!! 
Just tickle me on my breasts and I am all yours, LOL

Regarding you toothache.... not much is more miserable, I am glad that you have taken care of that issue....
...oh and about your Weight...  put that in the very same category as you being concerned with your Adams Apple...   in my opinion those things are not important right now or perhaps ever.   I am thinking that you may need to focus on your voice as you have mentioned previously.  Just my unsolicited opinion.

Again Chelsea, thank you for your good report, I can hear the happiness in your voice when I read your update.
Many Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Great news Chelsea!  You are seeing what we've been seeing, you're not the same person.  You're old friends no so much!

Don't worry about losing the male sexuality, its overrated.  Now we know your secret @Alaskan Danielle!  Although you're right, so many better spots. 

Thanks for this wonderful update Chelsea! 
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

pamelatransuk

Chelsea

I shall also keep my fingers crossed about the "peach fuzz".

Well done on not being recognized by a former buddy. This is because you look so feminine.

I am so happy for you.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Donica

Great update Chelsea. As Judi stated, male sexuality is overrated. Soon you will notice a deeper, far more pleasurable sexuality. At 46, you have many wonderful years ahead of you. Enjoy them girl.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

maybesoph

Hiya Chelsea,

Just had a long read catching up, Sorry but been away :-)

It's hard to recognise the growing confident girl you are now to the one just a few months ago, it's truly amazing.

I know life's been really tough for you but I'm so proud of you for gritting your teeth and pulling through, life will only make you stronger.

Just think you've spent a week as Chelsea instead of a couple of hours in your bedroom all in the space of 6 months.

That's guts and by the way you're looking amazing in the most recent photos.

So happy for you

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

•  

Sonja

@Chelsea

Hey Chelsea,
Things sound like they're moving along nicely all things considered, you're continually making progress and that is a massive win when you really look back at where you started!

Keep going!

Sonja.
  •  

Melinda@heart

Hope you're doing well. Haven't heard from you lately and just wanted you to know someone is thinking about you!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

Chelsea

Hi all. I was just checking in. I have had a very rough week. A couple of weeks ago I went for my blood test and i am happy to report all was perfect. I told my doctor that I am having issue going out in public because of my nerves and wondered if she could give me something to help. She wrote me a prescription for a antidepressant. The first two days of taking them was no big deal. Two days ago i woke up in a panic like I had been running or something but it quickly went away. I have never in my life had anxiety.  Later that day I would be in the back of a ambulance on the way to the hospital. My blood pressure was 148/128, hands and feet were tingly, could not breath good, I honestly thought I was going to die. Went to the hospital to run up a $1200 bill that i dont have to find out that I have nothing physically wrong with me. The doctor said I had a reaction to the medicine. That will be the first and last SSRI that I will ever try. I will just be nervous and go with it.
     On a positive note I did get my ears pierced yesterday! I had to do something to make myself feel better. I know, almost 8 months on hormones and just now doing this. lol Ive not felt good lately so I have no picture.
     I am having a hard time in public. Actually a lot worse than i let on. I have been out at least a dozen times and its just as hard each time. Is like I feel ashamed of what I am doing even though I know I am doing nothing wrong. I have a appointment tomorrow with my therapist for the first time in months so hopefully she can help me.

Hugs,
         Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Dena

What would help you in public is going out with others. Company will help distract you and you will be able to accumulate more public hours. The more public hours, the more comfortable you will become. A secondary benefit of company is you will feel more secure because of the numbers. One person is unlikely to attack two or three people but when your by yourself you fear an attack. Medication isn't needed, just some company.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Laurie

Hi Chelsea,

I'm sorry to hear you are having more difficult times. I had a strange effect on my 3rd or 4th day on zoloft where I felt like I was high. then it quit. it was like old times. lol. SSRIs take a while to work their magic with the preceding time being the "getting used to it" period. If you'll remember I was in a race between mine starting to work and spring coming so I could find a nice place in a forest to end my problems. It was close but the pills won. I am still taking them and have been glad I am a few times....  They can help but do take time to get used to.
  That bill is certainly not something your needed to have, I'll agree.
  Dena is right in saying going out is easier with friends to accompany you. I would be happy to drag you out kicking and screaming if we lived closer together. I remember that fear of going out alone. It gets better. I am still hoping to be able to go out there  on one of my road trip. Likely it will be with Michelle. Then we could go enjoy a lunch or dinner out somewhere.  Hang in there girl. I am sure you look great. You always look great.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Chelsea on October 31, 2018, 09:48:35 PM
Hi all. I was just checking in. I have had a very rough week. A couple of weeks ago I went for my blood test and i am happy to report all was perfect. I told my doctor that I am having issue going out in public because of my nerves and wondered if she could give me something to help. She wrote me a prescription for a antidepressant. The first two days of taking them was no big deal. Two days ago i woke up in a panic like I had been running or something but it quickly went away. I have never in my life had anxiety.  Later that day I would be in the back of a ambulance on the way to the hospital. My blood pressure was 148/128, hands and feet were tingly, could not breath good, I honestly thought I was going to die. Went to the hospital to run up a $1200 bill that i dont have to find out that I have nothing physically wrong with me. The doctor said I had a reaction to the medicine. That will be the first and last SSRI that I will ever try. I will just be nervous and go with it.
     On a positive note I did get my ears pierced yesterday! I had to do something to make myself feel better. I know, almost 8 months on hormones and just now doing this. lol Ive not felt good lately so I have no picture.
     I am having a hard time in public. Actually a lot worse than i let on. I have been out at least a dozen times and its just as hard each time. Is like I feel ashamed of what I am doing even though I know I am doing nothing wrong. I have a appointment tomorrow with my therapist for the first time in months so hopefully she can help me.

Hugs,
         Chelsea

@Chelsea
My dear Chelsea:
I just wish I could come through your computer screen and give you a big and tight hug...  hugs are good!!!
Good news about your blood test being perfect... but bad news about your bad reaction to your prescription antidepressant.  A health problem and unfortunately a financial obligation you did not plan for, but you do have to take care of your body, you are only issued ONE in your lifetime.

Awee, getting  your ears pierced, very affirming and certainly some pampering you needed considering what you have just gone through..... for pampering and recovering from difficult issues I like to go to a hair and nail salon... and perhaps a spa to get my mind off of my problems... 

Wow, at 8 months of HRT you should be seeing and feeling lots of good changes...  boobs, face, reduced body hair growth, softer skin, etc.  ....  hang on, because there are a lot more exciting things coming for you as you continue on with your HRT.

You and I have talked previously about safety in numbers when going out and about as Chelsea....  your friends will support your efforts and fend off any untoward remarks, staring, etc....  you should not be going out alone for the short term...   also hopefully your therapist can help you to mentally cope with your difficulties, but again, for now, go out and about with friends.

You didn't mention anything about your finances, your business and/or job, your mom, nor did you say anything about starting up voice lessons again...   your followers are curious and we want to follow...
....or as we have done before please PM me, I am always happy to see your messages in my inbox.

Please keep us updated as you feel comfortable doing.
Hugs and hugs, and more hugs,
Danielle
[emoji173]
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Melinda@heart

Chelsea,

Thanks for giving us an update. I am truly sorry you are having such a tough time. I can empathize. I have been struggling with a number of things myself for the last couple of weeks. Doubt, confusion, uncertainty, loneliness... but I choose to keep my head high and push forward with my decision.

I can only offer you this: We're here if you need us. Don't hesitate to reach out. Having someone in your corner is paramount to your success!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•