Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Hi Girlfriend! OMG! one year already! Congratulations! I am glad to read your update about how things have changed for the better for you. Girl, you maybe be having a difficult time with your weight but dang Hun you are good looking. I am so glad your Mom has turned the page and is finally able to see her daughter. I warms my heart.

Hugs,
    Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

Hi, Chelsea!  Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary.  I think your doc mentioned something like this, but quite a bit of the physical changes happen in the second year, and if you gain a bit of weight, much will likely go to the 'right' places! 

It's also good to see the business is picking up, and family stuff is doing well.  Your future is bright!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

maybesoph

Hi Chelsea,

Congrats girl, you've come through an amazingly difficult period stronger and happier.
Let's pray for only good things for the next year.
All your hard works paid off and I'm so happy for you, especially things with your mum xx

Awesome update.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

•  

pamelatransuk

Chelsea

Congratulations on your one year HRT anniversary. It is wonderful to read of so many good events in your summary.

You have lost a bit of height and can take a smaller size shoe; I have experienced the latter and I have gained weight in my 13 months HRT and hence I assume it must be loss of muscle in the feet. Many of us also experience the former.

You are feeling calmer and more emotional and cry easier which is further good news.

Your mom has completely come round to accepting you and your business is thriving.

Yes 2018 was a hard year for you but things have recently improved.

I hope you enjoy the remaining 10 months of 2019 as much as you enjoyed the first 2.

I know you are motivated and organized to take all necessary future action at the appropriate time. I am so happy for you.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•  

pamelamoore2706

Quote from: Chelsea on February 21, 2018, 09:46:42 PM
I love makeup too. I will have to remember that. I'm used to rubbing my eyes anytime without thinking about it. :)

Hi! Nice to meet you too!

Update

I just came out to my best friend!
Everything is all good with us. His first response was "Your gonna help me work on my cars no matter what nail color you got on."  LOL  It feels like a big weight just got lifted off my shoulders.  I have been friends with him sense childhood and have worried about telling him for a long time. I know i will have some friends that probably won't talk
to me anymore but, that's OK because I have to do whats best for yours truly. :) 2 down and a lot more to go.

Hugs,
       Chelsea
You go girl! That's awesome. I went full time 18 months ago but my best friend couldn't handle it and I've lost contact with him - some people will struggle sadly but it's the price of pure happiness and on balance i'm way ahead! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: pamelamoore2706 on March 09, 2019, 03:01:48 AM
You go girl! That's awesome. I went full time 18 months ago but my best friend couldn't handle it and I've lost contact with him - some people will struggle sadly but it's the price of pure happiness and on balance i'm way ahead! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@pamelamoore2706
Dear PamelaMoore:
     I see that you kinda flew under the radar and became a member here on Susan's Place way back on November 05, 2018...  over4 months ago!!! ... and that you you have already posted 12 times since then.   
I am sorry that you did not get an Official Welcome Message that all new members deserve but I am so very glad that you have become a member here and that you found the Susan's Place Forums.

As you continue to post on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.   I expect that you will be getting many members offering their thoughts and suggestions as you continue to post here. 

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation and as you continue to feel free to share with all of us.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

I have attached important and informative LINKS that will help you to navigate around the Forums and will allow you to enjoy the features here.     
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@pamelamoore2706   
Oh, and another thing PamelaMoore...
Please plan to write a post and tell us more about yourself in the Introductions Forum so that other members will be aware of your arrival... therefore you will be able to share your thoughts with more members here.

Thank you again for joining Susan's Place and being involved in the Forums here.
Best wishes to you,
Danielle

NOTE: Now after all of this Greeting Stuff I will let everyone have this thread back so that the exchange of conversation can continue.
Other members here will certainly be along to give you their comments and suggestions that you may be seeking
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Chelsea

Thank all of you so much! I wanted to spread a little good news and say that I have gained 6 pounds and really have no idea how. I'm pretty sure I am still eating the same. Lack of stress maybe??  :laugh:  Either way I like that I'm finally gaining!!

Hugs,

Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

JudiBlueEyes

But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Rachel

I second that, great news.

I wonder if E and lower T may be contributing to the weight gain?

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Chelsea on March 10, 2019, 10:29:07 AM
Thank all of you so much! I wanted to spread a little good news and say that I have gained 6 pounds and really have no idea how. I'm pretty sure I am still eating the same. Lack of stress maybe??  :laugh:  Either way I like that I'm finally gaining!!

Hugs,

Chelsea

Yay! Good news :)
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Chelsea on March 10, 2019, 10:29:07 AM

Hugs,

Chelsea

I'll bet that the stress is the culprit, especially in the type of work you do. Stress can cause a number of unwanted health issues.

Good news indeed. Hang in there Chelsea.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

amberwaves

I'm still offering to give you some of my weight [emoji23]
  •  

Chelsea

Month 13 Update

Well, I honestly never thought that I would get to the point of not passing as a boy anymore but its here. Something about half way through month 11 I started noticing more changes. Its like they are happening faster. Whatever it is I hope it keeps on going. I'm so happy I cant stand myself. lol. In the past two weeks I have been called Ma'am at least 5 times, had a door held for me and called "sweetheart" at guitar center this weekend.

Thing is I'm dressing in "boy mode" and I look more like a girl in her boyfriends clothes. Its like I am still trying to hold on to my comfort buy hiding in my boy clothes. I'm having a very hard time going full time. My family and my friends are telling me the guy look left me months ago. Now the comfort of my "boy look" does not really work anymore. I am uncomfortable in public as a guy now also. My breast are impossible to hide now and my face is so soft looking. The girls at the Pilot store at the end of my road are always saying "Hi Chelsea" when I walk in even if there are 15 construction workers in there. Talk about feeling weird and out of place. lol

Me and mom are doing great. I honestly never thought we would be close like that again. She told me the other day that "You don't look like my little boy anymore." I said "No but I look like your daughter and I'm happier now." I think she can tell I'm happy and is probably the reason she has accepted me.

Work has been busy as ever and is the main reason I haven't posted in a while.

I'm not stressed anymore and have put on 7 pounds so far. Lots of bread, pasta and protein has been doing the trick along with the exercise I've been doing for a few months.

I still have not got back into voice therapy just yet. I am making a appointment this week to start back. I'm a little nervous about going because it has been so long. There has been a few times where I was called ma'am and when I spoke they would either look at me with a weird look or call me sir. lol  So yeah I got to get the voice fixed ASAP.
The same person I see for voice therapy also helps trans-women with posture and walking.  I think I do pretty good  but figured while I'm already there I could see if she can help me improve.

I think that's about it for now. I normally try and post a selfie each update so I will try and get one on here later.
I really miss talking to all of you and I'm gonna try and be more active.

Hugs,
        Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Maddie

Thank you for sharing your experiences Chelsea.
It sure sounds neat to be gendered female in mens clothes!
Its not the same thing as the girl-in-boyfriends clothes thing you mention, but I aspire to being gendered female, (or at least make people wonder), when in pants and very light to no makeup at times. It seems important to me not to have to be in a major costume production in order to be gendered female.
Good luck finding a comfortable weight for you!

Crossdressed as small child. Told parents, then hid it.
1980s-2010s Alternately "out" to varying degrees and/or outright denial and man-faking
2015 Surrendered/allowed my she-self to show more outwardly. Changes begin.
Currently working with counselor. No HRT or surgeries yet.
  •  

Rachel

Chelsea, your avatar is female.

You may want stretch your boundaries. It sounds like you are well received and have support so, you may want to start with jeans then add a top. Summer is coming and fitted tops to show off your figure would be cute.

Good luck and it is great news that you are putting on a few pounds.

Rachel
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Chelsea

As you know I have been following your story since the start - therapy and then HRT wef March 7th 2018.

I am absolutely delighted to see that physical changes are now happening at a faster rate resulting in correct gendering including in boy mode and also that you are and your mom are getting on so well. Relatives who disapprove at first quite often accept us when they see how happy we are in transition.

This is wonderful uplifting news.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Chelsea this is a wonderful update!  Yes we do seem to be the last ones to see that we no longer pass as our natal gender.  Others pick up on it quickly.  I'm happy to hear your business is going well and your relationship with mom is good.  I know you never thought you would be at this point but dreams do come true when you believe. 
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

islandgirl

Wow, Chelsea! Things are really progressing well for you! I can actually hear the happiness and joy in your words! Fabulous to see this happening! All the best as you continue along your path! Hugs!
  •  

Roll

That's awesome!!! Passed right by me. ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•