Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Chelsea's Transition Adventure

Started by Chelsea, February 21, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

Congratulations Chelsea! Your looking cis girl!!!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Chelsea

Month 14 Update

I'm about a week late on my update so I made time to let you all know whats been going on with me.

First thing is my doctor started me on progesterone a couple weeks ago. I have heard some people say that it does nothing so I'm excited to find out.

Next thing is that I'm almost out of the closet. Lol Normally when I'm home around friends or family I'm myself but, when I go out to any public place I try my best to "boy up". I guess I do this because it kind of makes me feel safe or comfortable. Lately I have been getting odd looks like people are trying to figure me out or confused. No bad experiences though, just weird. Lol. A week ago me and my nephew went to guitar center but I went as myself. I'm not sure how I did it. It was the only time sense starting hormones that I was actually comfortable. I had it all worked up in my head that the world would come to a end if I went as myself. Well it was one of the best days of my life. I have never felt so free. I didn't get any crap from people and was treated like any other woman there. I didn't get the odd looks like when I present Male. It may not sound like a big deal to most of you but that was a big turning point for me. There are still places I'm not comfortable going but for once think I can do this. I probably was clocked by a couple but I think I passed for the most part and that was amazing. I have been myself everyday sense then. There still are a few places that I'm not comfortable going but I will get there.

I'm still working on my voice too. I already sound a little different but I need a lot more practice.

I didn't take any body measurements but let me tell you I love hormones! Finally at 14 months my body is starting to look very feminine. Its to the point where I cant really hide in boy clothes anymore. Its kind of made me come out of hiding even if its uncomfortable.

Business is still long hours of 6 days a week but no complaints from me there.

Last thing is I had Botox about a month ago. That helped my confidence more than anything. I look a years younger and I'm starting to second guess even needing a facelift. I think I'm ok just like I am for a while.

I guess thats all for now. Life is starting to get a lot better. :)

Hugs,
          Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

steph2.0

What a wonderful update, Chelsea! As for it not being a big deal, I'm here to tell you that even after almost 20 months of being full-time, I still have so many of what some of us call "squeee moments." The doubts still linger in the back of my head, and every small bit of affirmation still feels so good. Don't ever discount how wonderful being yourself is and always will be, to yourself and all of us who are cheering you on, no matter how far along transition we may be.

You are well on the way to where I finally find myself: as I write this I'm sitting alone at a Starbucks in Universal Studios Florida, wearing a cami top and a skirt, and just soaking it all in.

Life will still have its ups and downs, but there are so many more ups than downs for all of us who keep moving forward and quit letting fear hold us back. It is so cool to watch you overcome obstacle after obstacle. I'm going to declare that you have made it, girl. Congratulations!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Chelsea:
Dear Chelsea:
A BIG WELCOME BACK to your thread and to the Forums.   
You have been dearly missed.

Thank you for posting your 14 month HRT update.   I trust that you will get the results you are seeking regarding the progesterone regimen that you recently started.  Please keep us all updated regarding that.

You stated that you are "Almost out of the closet" ... that is great news, for sure, hiding is not any fun.   I trust that you will soon get to the point that you won't have to be in male-mode for any reason.
Keep working on your voice, as you know, that is a big factor in passing reliably.

I was glad to read that HRT is finally shaping your body to be more feminine.   For some it is a quicker process with more significant changes and for some it is a slower process with less significant changes..... it is all up to your genes and your body.... so continue to be PATIENT.
Hmm, I read that you had a Botox treatment, I am glad to read that you are happy with the results.

It is so good that your business is going well and paying the bills....  you have worked very hard to recover your business prospects.... kudos to you.

Again, thank you Chelsea for your 14 month report....  I will be eagerly looking for your future postings but please don't make us wait so long for your update, and I will be also looking for your other postings around the various threads.

LOTS OF HUGS, [emoji172]
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Faith

Heya Chelsea. I had a reply all typed up on my phone earlier and it poofed into the internet ethers. I'm trying again, from home this time.

As Stephanie stated, even after being full time for a while those ol'doubts linger in the back of your head .. what's everyone else thinking??  I was out and about today in my pink top and black skirt and you know what? No doubts!! Nothing feels better than being yourself, enjoy every minute of it.

Voice, I'm no help there. I don't even try. When my voice changes it does so on it's own. Lori says that it's cool and weird at the same time how my whole pattern of speech shifts. Imagine what it would be if I did try? You keep working on it. Remember, what you hear and others hear is not the same thing. Record yourself and listen back.

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Great news Chelsea!  Keep those wheels turning.

Quote from: Chelsea on May 15, 2019, 03:56:51 PM
Lately I have been getting odd looks like people are trying to figure me out or confused. No bad experiences though, just weird. Lol. A week ago me and my nephew went to guitar center but I went as myself. I'm not sure how I did it. It was the only time sense starting hormones that I was actually comfortable. I had it all worked up in my head that the world would come to a end if I went as myself. Well it was one of the best days of my life. I have never felt so free. I didn't get any crap from people and was treated like any other woman there. I didn't get the odd looks like when I present Male. It may not sound like a big deal to most of you but that was a big turning point for me.

Having fun is what its about girl!  It sounds like you're at the point of male fail due to the odd looks.  Especially since there were none as your true self.  Time to rethink going full time, all the time.  Thinking the world will end is a common fear but it doesn't! 

I'm happy to read that business is going well but don't get burnt out.  Leave some time to play. 

Hugs, Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

pamelatransuk

Quote from: Chelsea on May 15, 2019, 03:56:51 PM
Month 14 Update

A week ago me and my nephew went to guitar center but I went as myself. I'm not sure how I did it. It was the only time sense starting hormones that I was actually comfortable. I had it all worked up in my head that the world would come to a end if I went as myself. Well it was one of the best days of my life. I have never felt so free. I didn't get any crap from people and was treated like any other woman there. I didn't get the odd looks like when I present Male. It may not sound like a big deal to most of you but that was a big turning point for me. I probably was clocked by a couple but I think I passed for the most part and that was amazing.

Hugs,
          Chelsea

Hello again Chelsea

I can relate to this experience perfectly as I attended the UK Meet Up of Susans Members on March 16th and it was precisely the same for me. I was probably clocked by a few people travelling to the event and back by train but I felt very much at home obviously at the event and also travelling. I felt so liberated and it instilled in me great confidence that I can indeed do this. I was so insecure and fearing the worst beforehand but the event gave me more motivation which has remained with me since. I know I can and will go fulltime as soon as my house is sold in Summer.

Congratulations on starting Progesterone in May. Coincidentally I started Progesterone on March 17th and I am definitely sleeping deeper and better - if I wake up in the night, I can get back to sleep immediately.

I am also delighted to see your business is still doing so well.

You have had significant ups and downs previously in your transition and it so uplifting to read this wonderful update. Transition is essentially about liberation, about being ourselves. I am sure you will continue to live properly and love life!

Hugs

Pamela  xx 

•  

Donica

Yay Chelsea! I'm so glad to hear you are doing better at being yourself. It really is very affirming.

Congratulations!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •