Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Longterm in transition as a non-op MtF. Do you get treated differently?

Started by Transfused, February 21, 2018, 02:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transfused

I would like to hear experiences from other MtF women who are non-op and have been in transition long-term.

Do you get treated any differently than post-op trans women, by people who know that you are not planning to have your genitalia reassigned?

Do you experience lectures by people who feel " transer-than-thou " ?

What about your dating life? Do you feel dating is easy or do you have to deal with >-bleeped-<s?

I'm MtF and plan to stay non-op. I have been on HRT for quite some time already and plan to stay ln it because I like it's effects. I don't want SRS and I don't plan on an orchiectomy either currently but might get an orchiectomy later down the road.

I am only on Estradiol and my T is nuked. So I don't have any benefits from getting an orchiectomy in that regard.
I am on safe doses of HRT, low doses. My body is very receptive to it. So my liver has not a hard time either, despite being non-operated.

What are your experiences as a non-op trans woman?
I am non-op by choice, not by financial pressure.

•  

Michelle_P

@Transfused, this is an interesting topic, as out in the world there are more transgender folks taking this path than the full surgical transition path.  We far too often make the assumption that all folks in a medical transition are trying for or planning on surgeries.  Some folks haven't got that need.

We are all different, after all, and each of us has to choose our own path.

I hope we can have a good discussion on the topic, as I see this as something important that is often overlooked.  There are many paths one can take under that transgender umbrella, and they are all valid and reasonable for some individual out there. 

Unfortunately, some folks do treat others differently based on the paths they choose, and that just makes me sad.  We are all in this together, and there should be no reason to marginalize someone just because their path is different from one's own.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Transfused

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 22, 2018, 10:57:27 AM
@Transfused, this is an interesting topic, as out in the world there are more transgender folks taking this path than the full surgical transition path.  We far too often make the assumption that all folks in a medical transition are trying for or planning on surgeries.  Some folks haven't got that need.

We are all different, after all, and each of us has to choose our own path.

I hope we can have a good discussion on the topic, as I see this as something important that is often overlooked.  There are many paths one can take under that transgender umbrella, and they are all valid and reasonable for some individual out there. 

Unfortunately, some folks do treat others differently based on the paths they choose, and that just makes me sad.  We are all in this together, and there should be no reason to marginalize someone just because their path is different from one's own.

Thank you MichelleP :-)

I agree, you don't hear much about this path.
Beautiful put : we are in this together. If we won't fight for each others rights, who will?

Elissa
  •  

Meghan

I'm involved with TransWomen Support Group in San Jose, and I already met plenty Trans Woman who is on HRT for a long time and never got surgery. We just treat everyone equally since we all have different path for transition.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Meghan Pham: MtF Transgender, Transsexual, Transwoman, social justice, Caregivers, Certified Nurse Assistant
  •  

Maria77

I transitioned almost 20 years ago and at that point at least in the city I was living in, some  post-ops were deeply suspicious of those tranz who didn't immediately head to Shrang (passed away maybe 10 years ago), Biber, Toby or Menard.  Brassard was just starting and everyone was raving about his skills and how handsome he was.  The Thai surgeons were just picking up steam, although Dr. Preecha was well known.  Those older women transitioned in the 1990s.  My generation was all over the map.  Some wanted immediate srs even if the passed zero % of the time, more conservative folks like me and thenthose who actually liked their junk.  If anything in the following years it has just gotten more diverse and I think our community is more understanding of the winding roads of life. 
  •  

Donna

I'm hoping by now the idea that pre op and post op are the only option. It's no different than just being male and female. Gender is so much more diverse than that. I'm comfortable in my skin and with my presentation and I don't feel out of place. My transition is my choice and mine alone.  I'm going to say I'm preop and my ideas of post op are my own unique ideas. What I end up with or without is private unless I reveal it   No different than a cis person asking THE question of what's in your pants. I don't want to be judged for that by other trans people due to differing final outcome ideas. I'm hoping that these kinds of judgements have gone by the wayside. We all need acceptance and support and especially from within our own community.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

BrandiYYC

Why does anybody have to know? Unless you choose to tell them it's none of their business.
  •  

Doreen

Until the laws change.. lets just say don't commit any criminal acts or get yourself institutionalized.  All some societies see is what's between your legs.  Not every country is that way, but a frightening large majority are.. and if you have that little bit of 'extra' downstairs, you will go where they dictate.

Not nice to hear, but its the blunt truth.  The last thing you want would be to look female & stuck in a male prison.  Bad bad news.

On a personal level, I really don't care what you have between your legs, its your business :)
  •  

SonadoraXVX

True what Doreen says, about being in a male prison and looking female. Out here in the world, I mean nobody really cares at times.
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

Donna

I commented about this else where. In the province I live in our therapists will provide a "care and treatment letter"
With that even if you are not fully transitioned they have to assign you to incarceration according to the letter. Whether it say something contrary to what bits you have.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •