Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

GRS observations

Started by Megan., February 24, 2018, 07:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

Quote from: Gail20 on June 21, 2018, 02:08:11 PM
I was pleasantly surprised after GRS that it really strengthened my identity as female. Its been wonderful. Yes, dilating is a pain and a big time drain, and there certainly was plenty of pain, but I'm oh so happy feeling complete!.
I'm still undecided. I've got an initial genital electro session booked in mid-July, I'll see how bareable (or not) that is.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

Update: I'm not the biggest fan of the CX GIC, their administration fowl ups are legendary, but for once I'm a happy customer....

I just received the letter from my last appointment 9 weeks after the event (9 weeks!!! WTF). But... Finally... Three and a half years since first contacting my bewildered GP I have an official diagnosis of F64.0 transsexualism.

It seems that after 12 months RLE, almost the same on HRT, 4 assessments/appointments,  and coming out to the world and their dog, they've stuck their collective necks out and suggested that, yes, I might be trans* [emoji23]

This was by far the most well written and detailed letter I've ever received from the GIC, and the consultant who I saw did a thorough and quality job. I won't mention their name here, but I'll be providing some good feedback at my next appointment.

I'm still pondering the full/cosmetic dilemma. That is all [emoji5]. X

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Megan. on June 22, 2018, 11:54:12 AM
It seems that after 12 months RLE, almost the same on HRT, 4 assessments/appointments,  and coming out to the world and their dog, they've stuck their collective necks out and suggested that, yes, I might be trans* [emoji23]
I'm glad they were all able to tell you what you already knew! [emoji23]
  •  

Devlyn

Class of F64.9 here. :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Jayne01 on June 22, 2018, 12:11:30 PM
I'm glad they were all able to tell you what you already knew! [emoji23]
Aren't we lucky we have these highly trained professionals to help us! [emoji23]

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn on June 22, 2018, 12:12:20 PM
Class of F64.9 here. :)

Hugs, Devlyn
Look at you, lording your 0.9 over me!

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Megan. on June 22, 2018, 01:47:44 PM
Aren't we lucky we have these highly trained professionals to help us! [emoji23]

I may joke about it now, but there was a time when I was seeking exactly such a diagnosis from a "trained professional". Little did I know that I was the one who knows best whether I am trans or not.
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Jayne01 on June 22, 2018, 01:54:22 PM
I may joke about it now, but there was a time when I was seeking exactly such a diagnosis from a "trained professional". Little did I know that I was the one who knows best whether I am trans or not.
I've always had a vain hope that it might change my mum's feelings about me (the only family member to reject me - a career mental health professional), though I strongly suspect not.

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Megan. on June 22, 2018, 02:03:33 PM
I've always had a vain hope that it might change my mum's feelings about me (the only family member to reject me - a career mental health professional), though I strongly suspect not.

I'm sorry your Mum is not accepting. Hopefully this may help her come around. I suspect my father might not be satisfied without an "expert" diagnosis. Time will tell.
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Jayne01 on June 22, 2018, 02:16:30 PM
I'm sorry your Mum is not accepting. Hopefully this may help her come around. I suspect my father might not be satisfied without an "expert" diagnosis. Time will tell.
Tnx hun, I hope your father comes to accept you too. X

•  

LizK

The dilemma continues...full surgery or cosmetic?

My understanding is that you cannot have a "depth correction" surgery if you change your mind after having the cosemetic version....I like the idea of going to hospital and being ejected 3 weeks later completely healed no dilation but a fully functioning vagina....I would also like the nobel peace prize and several million dollars[emoji23]...

Seriously though I am leaning towards full depth surgery and it is mainly because I do not want to take the risk of being unhappy because I don't have a functional vagina(not that I am ever likely to use it) and my understanding from many of the girls who have already had surgery, that dilation is a small price to pay for the happiness that goes with being functional..

I hope things turn around with your Mum. I know from firsthand experience how painful that is...I have been through a grieving process for my mum and my brother....its weird grieving for people who are still alive.

As painful as it is we need to move on from it...I wonder if they ever realise just how much pain they cause. Sometimes I wonder!!

Good luck with your decision...I still have about 2 months to make up my mind...

Take care

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Hi Megan,  I've been following your posts and I know it can be a difficult decision.  What ever path you choose will be right.

Quote from: Megan. on June 22, 2018, 11:54:12 AM
I just received the letter from my last appointment 9 weeks after the event (9 weeks!!! WTF). But... Finally... Three and a half years since first contacting my bewildered GP I have an official diagnosis of F64.0 transsexualism.

Well this is certainly a load off your mind!

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on June 22, 2018, 09:46:39 PM
Hi Megan,  I've been following your posts and I know it can be a difficult decision.  What ever path you choose will be right.

Well this is certainly a load off your mind!

Judi
Tnx Judi. It's only a tiny piece of the big puzzle, but nice to have [emoji4]

•  

Laurie

Congrats Megan,

So far I haven't needed any letters but then I've done nothing towards GCS yet. Yes I am thinking about it though entertaining the idea so to speak.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Megan.

As wonderful as the Susan's community is, there's always the risk (of being in any group), that the individual can get caught up in the flow and just go along with the majority. I've always been mindful that there is a 'script' for transition, that often ends with full GRS, a perfectly valid choice.

I've tried as much as possible, on every step of my journey to make the choice that's right and best for ME.
We are all unique, and so is the journey we take through life.

@ElizabethK good luck with your decision, whatever you choose [emoji5].

@Laurie I think if you're happy that your motivations are sound, then whatever the choice, it'll serve you well. X

•  

Megan.

I've not seen many posts relating specifically to genital electrolysis...

I'm currently sat in a cafe ahead of my first session.

I've shaved/clipped all hair back to just 1-2mm; smothered the whole area liberally with Emla cream and wrapped it all in clingfilm/ceran wrap.

I'm wearing a light summer skirt and light cotton underwear.

As I've written previously,  I'm still undecided if I want full or cosmetic vaginoplasty. In my case the electrolysis is only required for full, but I'm using this first session as another piece in my decision making on whether I'll carry on with it, or decide that cosmetic is enough for me.

I'll post again later to share my experience.

I've been and am feeling very anxious about this, from others comments here and from elsewhere, I'm bracing myself for a very unpleasant experience [emoji853].

•  

Jayne01

I wish you minimal pain Megan. From my own experience, although unpleasant, I can handle most parts. But then there are some spots that make me want to scream while clinging to the ceiling. I have a piece of foam, kind of like a stress ball, which I hold on to and divert all my concentration to squeezing that foam to death. The good news is that the area does not require anywhere near as much treatment as the face, so much less total time being tortured.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Jayne01 on July 17, 2018, 02:42:43 AM
I wish you minimal pain Megan. From my own experience, although unpleasant, I can handle most parts. But then there are some spots that make me want to scream while clinging to the ceiling. I have a piece of foam, kind of like a stress ball, which I hold on to and divert all my concentration to squeezing that foam to death. The good news is that the area does not require anywhere near as much treatment as the face, so much less total time being tortured.

Hugs,
Jayne
Tnx hun! [emoji51][emoji23]. X

•  

LizK

Hi Megan

I hope it goes well. I could not find anyone to do genital electrolysis for me so I have had to use laser alone. When I told my surgeon he said to do what I could and he does do a follicle scrape. He also said if I was having just the labiaplasty rather than vaginoplasty (depth) I would not require any hair removal. I have no choice but to trust he will remove the hair the laser misses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Megan.

Tnx Liz, does this mean you've made a final choice on your surgery option?

My session was OK, not as bad as I'd feared it would be. My tech used 'fast blend', and took a little while at the start of the session to find an effective setting for her machine. As well as the Emla,  I'd taken my usual dose of Paracetamol and Ibuprofen an hour beforehand.

Like Jayne shared, some parts were quite mild (2/10) but others were really quite bad (7/10), and I'd just just grip the bed and grit my teeth to get through them. She focused mostly around the base of the shaft this time, with the area at the top being more sensitive than beneath for me.

I'm in the office now about an hour and a half after the session. No specific discomfort aside some warmth and the occasional sharp pain which I guess is the nerves complaining about the abuse! Lol

I've booked another session, so I'll continue for now. The 'manageability' of this is tilting me back towards a full-depth vaginoplasty.

Please PM me if you have any more specific questions on this subject. X

•