Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

GRS observations

Started by Megan., February 24, 2018, 07:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

Quote from: Rachel on July 20, 2018, 08:42:22 PM
Megan, I am glad you were able to resolve the type of GCS you need. Time will fly by quicker than you think.

I had 6 sessions of genital hair clearing. Where I went they used a spinal needle to deliver the numbing agent. It was 4 or 5  minutes of intense pain but then I was numb for the remainder of the session.  I was incredibly happy when the Pac was done administering the last needle on the 6th session. I have no hair in my vagina.

It has been 1.5 years since I had GCS and on August 6th I go back there for the same numbing treatment for a 4 hour face electrolysis treatment. My desire to get the hair off my face exceeds my dislike of the needle pain. I have over 250 hours of facial electrolysis without medical numbing. I think going there and getting a full face treatment monthly will kill the follicles once and for all.

Restrict caffeine usage the day of the electrolysis. I try to think good thoughts. If there is a TV close by concentrate on the program during the treatment. Smiling can reduce the effects of the pain, emotional and physical.

Rachel, I'm glad you're hair-free down there [emoji5]. I'd rather take longer now and deal with the pain to ensure I don't have hair later.

As unpleasant as it, it's bearable for me, so I'll just get through it as quick as I can. The NHS will fund an initial 20hrs for genital removal, which I'm hoping should be enough. I'll have the tech rotate areas so we can run as often as possible. As soon as I'm done, I'll be able to get my GRS about 3 months after that.

I use paracetamol, ibuprofen, hydrate well and liberal amounts of Emla (with Ceran wrap) [emoji4]

Hugs,  Megan. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

LizK

Quote from: Megan. on July 19, 2018, 09:10:18 AM
I've decided that while from a purely practical standpoint a cosmetic GRS would meet my primary requirements, I want and am prepared to commit to a full depth GRS. This is based on my needs and wants from any intimate relationship and my own emotional identity; and these are both very personal and individual things.

That will mean the long and unpleasant slog of genital hair removal, pushing surgery back about 12 months to next Autumn/Winter. I will move this as fast as possible, but with follicle cycle times, there are practical limits.

Glad to hear you have made you decision about GRS. I understand your decision and can see much of my own thought process happening there. I like the way you put it talking about your own emotional identity. This is about you feeling good in your own body. The delay whilst a necessary pain will just give you more time to prepare and be even more healthy for the "event".

Quote from: Megan. on July 19, 2018, 09:10:18 AM
...... I've had to ask myself if I have the mental strength to keep on the road, and I think I do [emoji5].

You have done so well and have had some really hard knocks along your journey and I admire your courage to stand up and back your own ability. With a positive attitude like that how can you go wrong!

Congratulations on making such a positive decision for yourself.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Rachel

Hi Megan,

I recommend you read the stages of hair growth and plan to attack the hair follicle to maximize the killing of the follicle. What I found is that every 6 weeks is optimal to catch the hair growth cycle.

I was booked for 4 hours the first three sessions. I only needed 1.5 hours the first session and I think 1 hour the second and 45 down to 30 minutes on subsequent clearings. I had very little hair down there. Point being I recommend booking sessions to kill the follicles and not over or under book sessions.

Papillion used thermolysis. I was numb and they turned the power up high and moved quickly.

Good luck on your hair removal.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Megan.

Good advice Rachel. My first session was just 30mins. The next is booked for an hour.

The GIC advised me that 3 weeks was a good cycle for genital hair, but obviously the tech can rotate around areas, at least at the start while the density is still good.

The biggest problem is actually booking time with my tech. It's hard to find ones who do genital removal, finding time in their diary is hard!

I will push this as fast as I can... [emoji5]

•  

Megan.

Update: Had my second genital electro session today. I'd booked for a one hour session, but after 40mins my tech suggested they spend the last 20mins doing face (which still needs a little work) as I was getting quite red downstairs.

As usual I took paracetamol and ibuprofen beforehand and used emla cream with cling wrap.

Pain varied greatly. Areas around the base of the shaft where a good 8/10 [emoji853],  but the scrotum was far more comfortable, with some spots barely noticeable 1-2/10. My tech commented that I didn't have too much hair,  which was certainly good news to hear!

There is generally very little discomfort after for me. It's not fun at the time, but I'm finding it very manageable overall.

It was interesting comparing the sensation between genital and face in a single session. My tech uses thermolysis on my face but fast blend downstairs, the difference is very noticeable.

X.

•  

LizK

Quote from: Megan. on August 08, 2018, 02:27:27 PM
Update: Had my second genital electro session today. I'd booked for a one hour session, but after 40mins my tech suggested they spend the last 20mins doing face (which still needs a little work) as I was getting quite red downstairs.

As usual I took paracetamol and ibuprofen beforehand and used emla cream with cling wrap.

Pain varied greatly. Areas around the base of the shaft where a good 8/10 [emoji853],  but the scrotum was far more comfortable, with some spots barely noticeable 1-2/10. My tech commented that I didn't have too much hair,  which was certainly good news to hear!

There is generally very little discomfort after for me. It's not fun at the time, but I'm finding it very manageable overall.

It was interesting comparing the sensation between genital and face in a single session. My tech uses thermolysis on my face but fast blend downstairs, the difference is very noticeable.

X.

Hi Megan

Glad to hear you are tolerating the hair removal well. I have been having laser session and they certainly have me white knuckled. Can't get it done here in Adelaide there is not a technician in this whole dam state that will do it. How many session will you need to clear the area? I know its not long by facial standards but more than enough I would have thought! Which technique do you get less pain with? or are they fairly similar?

Take care
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: LizK on August 09, 2018, 09:20:29 PM
Hi Megan

Glad to hear you are tolerating the hair removal well. I have been having laser session and they certainly have me white knuckled. Can't get it done here in Adelaide there is not a technician in this whole dam state that will do it. How many session will you need to clear the area? I know its not long by facial standards but more than enough I would have thought! Which technique do you get less pain with? or are they fairly similar?

Take care

Sry to hear about the lack of electro where you live, I do hope you don't have issues down the road with any regrowth.

In the UK the NHS will fund an initial 20 hours,  and if required will also fund an additional 20. I'm hoping I'll be closer to the 10 hours mark as I don't have vast amounts of hair.

The NHS gender nurse said I only needed removal on the scrotum (so it can be used to line the neovagina), but my tech has had other clients who'd been told to have hair around the base of the shaft also removed, we agreed to do both.

Pain-wise, some parts of the genital region are really bad. I'm through the worst with my face, so what's left really isn't too bad. Both areas are highly variable, so it's hard to say if one is any worse or better than the other.

Good luck with your laser. X

•  

LizK

Thanks Megan

The regrowth concerns me, My guy will do a follicle scrape on the skin he uses and I will have a further 2 laser session prior to the surgery naming for a total of 10...its pretty sparse down there  ::) :laugh:. There is nothing I can do about it anyway , I just do not have the funds for the additional expensive travel costs if I could even find someone that it would work with.

My Dr gave me a drawing to give to my Laser Tech...he was no overly bothered whether I have laser or Electrolysis and seems fairly confident about his technique although I think I would have more confidence if I was able to have Electrolysis. It is after all the gold standard in permanent hair removal!!

Take care
Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Megan.

Well if there is a follicle scrape too you should be fine. X

•  

Megan.

Update: got home from work today, a letter on my doorstep containing my official GRS referral request to Parkside hospital in London with the two required signatures [emoji4]. While unable to specify, at this time I have formally requested that Dr Bellringer perform my surgery.

•  

Devlyn

Big hug! Things are really coming together, for you, and for us.  :) :-*

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn on August 30, 2018, 04:18:49 PM
Big hug! Things are really coming together, for you, and for us.  :) :-*

Hugs, Devlyn
Tnx [emoji4][emoji8]

•  

LizK

Quote from: Megan. on August 30, 2018, 04:13:32 PM
Update: got home from work today, a letter on my doorstep containing my official GRS referral request to Parkside hospital in London with the two required signatures [emoji4]. While unable to specify, at this time I have formally requested that Dr Bellringer perform my surgery.

Wow Congrats to you Megan, How exciting for you....is it likely to be a long wait for the surgery? I hope not as I know how difficult that can be. It must be such a relief to finally have them. Hope the wait is short.

Take care
Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: LizK on August 31, 2018, 09:12:34 AM
Wow Congrats to you Megan, How exciting for you....is it likely to be a long wait for the surgery? I hope not as I know how difficult that can be. It must be such a relief to finally have them. Hope the wait is short.

Take care
Liz
If I didn't need electro, it would be 2-3 months, but with my electro ([emoji853]), it'll be next spring/summer. X

•  

isa86

Thats why i started before my consultation so id be good to go.
But it will come quick. Plus you can save money for when ur off work. Im under a tiny tad of pressure, i had 7 weeks from consultation to surgery only 10 weeks. And niw 4 weeks left :(
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Is there nobody out that way who does bulk electrolysis under anesthesia like we have here in the colonies?

It's a lot faster, but most importantly it's not agonizing.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

isa86

Think thats in Belgium nearest place, i had 5 sessions went every week each session 30 min. That was enough. Im not to hair thou, you might be done quicker megan 
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on August 31, 2018, 12:12:05 PM
Is there nobody out that way who does bulk electrolysis under anesthesia like we have here in the colonies?

It's a lot faster, but most importantly it's not agonizing.
There may a place in London that does local, but no general. However, the NHS won't cover that cost, and I cant take the time off of work to do that. This way it's 1hr/month, which will take 10 months, but is pretty easy, and I walk out after still feeling comfortable. X

•  

Megan.

Quote from: isa86 on August 31, 2018, 11:50:31 AM
Thats why i started before my consultation so id be good to go.
But it will come quick. Plus you can save money for when ur off work. Im under a tiny tad of pressure, i had 7 weeks from consultation to surgery only 10 weeks. And niw 4 weeks left :(
I'll have had 4hrs done before my consult, but I know they'll be more to do.

I'm in a lucky position that my company illness leave policy will cover the full recovery (unless there are serious complications), so I'll just be sat (gently) on the sofa hitting Netflix hard [emoji23]

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Megan. on August 30, 2018, 04:13:32 PM

Congratulations Megan! This is excellent news, so happy for you. When you get an actual date for your surgery, you will have to start a countdown clock as our dear Liz has BWCA. That way all your followers can look forward to the big day with you. [emoji2]

Hugs,
Jayne

•