News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Extensive Metoidioplasty/other questions

Started by Utterly Confused, February 28, 2018, 01:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utterly Confused

Heya,

Does anyone here have experience with Extensive Metoidioplasty?  If so, what was your experience with it? and if you're comfortable talking about it then, how long does it get? 

I like the idea of a Metoidioplasty but want a bit more length and girth to it.  Any ways to do that without being a phalloplasty?   Also if you have any super helpful links then drop them below.

Cheers
Dexter
  •  

Elis

There something called the centurion method you can opt for; which involves wrapping the ligament around the T penis; to create more girth. You can also opt for a mons reduction;  which involves liposuction of the front pubic part; in order that the penis doesn't become buried.

May find this helpful

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QEaD64FLFGrFx-viDj5fLjMeSEqWpHsb/view?usp=drivesdk

I also recommend join the Metoidplasty UK fb group for more info. You have to contact the admin of TMSA UK fb group in order to join
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

SeptagonScars

I've heard a little about extensive metoidioplasty, but I haven't had it myself nor do I know anyone who has. I've got a link for you though that might be of interest if you haven't seen it already. It's an article with information on how it works, what kind of results one could expect, and I'll warn that it contains graphic pictures of genitals and surgery.
Here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5z55fnfm5w2c0v/Extensive%20Metoidioplasty%20as%20a%20Technique%20Capable%20of%20Creating%20a%20Compatible%20Analogue%20to%20a%20Natural%20Penis%20in%20Female%20Transsexuals%20%28Cohanzad%2C%202016%29.pdf?dl=0
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

mm

SeptagonScars, those results were amazing great length and cosmetically look so nice.
  •  

Pao

It does look really nice. I wish the pictures gave a better reference for final size. I also wonder if there is a way to tell what final length will be from pre-op length. I wonder this about regular metodioplasty also.
  •  

SeptagonScars

I think it looks really nice too. I found the link in a closed bottom surgery group on facebook where someone else linked it. As far as I know from how the discussion went about it there, it could be some extra complications with possibly losing ability to get natural erections. I don't remember if that was mentioned in the article or if someone on fb heard it from elsewhere.

But aside from that (whether it's true or not I can't verify) I think that method seems promising. It always kinda has been my hope that surgeons would be able to develope a form of meta to make it bigger/longer. But I think very few surgeons worldwide practice extensive metoidioplasty currently. And my dysphoria can't wait for that to be available for me, so I'll go with the regular/standard variety that is available for me.

I also wish there could be a way to tell what the post-op length will be after meta, but it seems to be a "body does its own thing" kind of deal with that. I just hope mine won't become shorter, cause I know that can happen too (that it can retract then).
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •