Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Things you've accomplished in 2018 transition-wise?

Started by PurpleWolf, March 01, 2018, 09:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleWolf

Okay I already did a thread about things you expect from this year...
but this one is to celebrate all your small or big successes  ;D!!!

Anything goes!!!!!

HRT changes, legal changes, starting to pass, happy moments - anything!!!!!

And this is for EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

And sure you can include anything else that's helping you with your journey related to improving your life in general  ;D!
!!!REBIRTH=legal name change on Feb 16th 2018!!!
This is where life begins for me. It's a miracle I finally got it done.

My body is the home of my soul; not the other way around.

I'm more than anything an individual; I'm too complex to be put in any box.

- A social butterfly not living in social isolation anymore  ;D -
(Highly approachable but difficult to grasp)

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

PurpleWolf

I'll start:
LEGAL NAME CHANGE FINALLY in Feb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Improved my life so fricking much can't believe  ;D :D :laugh: :o ;D :D :laugh:!!!
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

I feel this GIANT PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got rid of most of my dysphoria & nasty feeling with that!!!

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

BT04

So far I bought a few pieces of non-neutral masc clothing and another sports bra, got a very masculine armband tattoo last week, and I'm keeping my hair short. Oh, and I got a full-body massage a month ago with full-on leg and pit hair and the masseuse didn't bat an eye!
- Seth

Ex-nonbinary trans man, married to a straight guy, still in love. Pre-T, pre-op.
  •  

Laurie

Nothing yet really. /sigh Living got in the way.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

RoryL

I talked with my new doctor who agreed to up my daily estradiol dose, which I now split & take twice daily. Also got more electrolysis on my beard and bought some new women's chinos for work. My hip measurement has increased an inch+ over the past two months and men's pants don't fit well any more.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•  

Northern Star Girl

Since I became full time about 16 months ago in late 2016 I immediately quit my very good job and moved to a new very small town and started my own small business where I deal with mostly business people and middle/upper class clients. 
Since I made that move to my new life I always pass 100% and life is good.  I have made lots of new friends, acquaintances and business friends that see me only as a female.  Now in 2018 my personal and business relationship are blossoming.  I have a group of girlfriends that frequently socialize with, I shop with and go to the local gym with and passed the locker room scenario, and all of that is very enjoyable and satisfying......
                    BUT
.... now new issues this last month... I have a male suitor it appears, most likely more than one.   In another thread I mentioned that he asked me to go to dinner with him this week, and I have been so bad, I have not given him an answer yet.   I know that the right thing to do is if we do go to dinner that I tell him about myself before things progress further, that is only fair to him.... but because I now live in a very small town, if he knows, it won't be long until everyone in town knows so if that is the case I will try to make sure people hear directly from me and NOT the town gossip grapevine.  How this will affect my business and all of my new relationships is most uncertain but I know what has to be done....   

I am very certain that no one here in this town knows of my male past and my transition mostly because I seem to pass most convincingly ... no one knows, at least not yet.
PLEASE send positive vibes my way....  I will try to keep updating here about my dilemma.
Aspiringperson   ??? ??? ???   :icon_help:   :icon_help:
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Denise

After some interesting events in the past two weeks I've decided to start the process for SRS.  That's a decision I've struggled with for a while but I think if I don't start now it will become an "emergency" later.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Gertrude

Came out to kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Northern Star Girl

To go along with my posting about an hour ago.... here is a picture of me at my work today...  I am getting way too much attention from my suitor guy... he came back into my office just about a half hour ago wondering if I will go to dinner with him.........

Now, what to do next!! ??? :icon_help:
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

PurpleWolf

Quote from: Aspiringperson on March 01, 2018, 04:33:58 PM
To go along with my posting about an hour ago.... here is a picture of me and my work today...  I am getting way too much attention from my suitor guy... he came back into my office just about a half hour ago wondering if I will go to dinner with him.........

Just go with it  :D!!! You look awesome!!!
You gotta take this chance!!!!!! He might be Mr. Right!
If you turn him down, you'll never know what might've become of it!!!
JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even if you go to have dinner with him doesn't mean you must reveal him right at that moment, right?
You can just have dinner and see how it goes!
Hope it'll go well  :D!!!
Now do it! And accept the invite! You only live once remember!!!

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Aspiringperson on March 01, 2018, 04:33:58 PM
To go along with my posting about an hour ago.... here is a picture of me and my work today...  I am getting way too much attention from my suitor guy... he came back into my office just about a half hour ago wondering if I will go to dinner with him.........

Oh wow ! You're gorgeous [emoji4] I think you should go if you like him. Is he handsome? You can always wait to tell him until after you get to know each other a bit better.

Have you dated since going full time?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Idaliaylix

I consider myself post-transition but I suppose I've just continued with weekly electrolysis--just passed the year mark at this point.  I had the epiphany recently that I should probably discontinue spiro for general wellness.
"...what I seem to be is the monkey wrench in the machinery of everyone's sexual politics...it gets awfully frustrating at times.  What I really am is a paradox in that "transsexual" just doesn't fit into my identity, who I am to myself.  In other words, what I've been through is terribly interesting, but I have no interest in using it to say who I am."

"The transsexual experience, while a major survival issue, is not the central identity-defining factor in our lives, even though it is seen as what makes us different from other people. Despite its magnitude and intensity, it is, in the long run, merely a preliminary step to getting on with our lives."

--Beth Elliott, Mirrors, Portrait of a Lesbian Transsexual

•  

Shiratori

Started HRT in January. Just waiting for the local laser clinic to be set up for NHS funding so I can start facial hair removal.

HRT Started 2018-01-22
  •  

Idaliaylix

Quote from: Shiratori on March 02, 2018, 03:54:33 AM
Started HRT in January. Just waiting for the local laser clinic to be set up for NHS funding so I can start facial hair removal.

It's nifty that the NHS covers facial hair removal at all, I'm surprised!  Is it just laser?  Having to pay for electro out-of-pocket gets rather expensive.  (I'm from the US, so no NHS here.)
"...what I seem to be is the monkey wrench in the machinery of everyone's sexual politics...it gets awfully frustrating at times.  What I really am is a paradox in that "transsexual" just doesn't fit into my identity, who I am to myself.  In other words, what I've been through is terribly interesting, but I have no interest in using it to say who I am."

"The transsexual experience, while a major survival issue, is not the central identity-defining factor in our lives, even though it is seen as what makes us different from other people. Despite its magnitude and intensity, it is, in the long run, merely a preliminary step to getting on with our lives."

--Beth Elliott, Mirrors, Portrait of a Lesbian Transsexual

•  

Shiratori

Quote from: Idaliaylix on March 02, 2018, 04:12:50 AM
It's nifty that the NHS covers facial hair removal at all, I'm surprised!  Is it just laser?  Having to pay for electro out-of-pocket gets rather expensive.  (I'm from the US, so no NHS here.)

They'll fund up to £1,600 in treatment. Either laser or electrolysis, whichever is required.

HRT Started 2018-01-22
  •  

Bari Jo

Shiratori, I love your avatar.  I so wanted to be Princess growing up.  As for 2018, I've come out to HR and my boss.  They have given me the okay to transition on the job at my pace, the company will adjust.  I've had a makeover at Sephora.  I'm learning to do my own makeup well.  I'm just about to graduate from a utility purse that is metrosexual to a girly coach purse.  I'm not fully out yet, but getting there.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

PurpleWolf

Quote from: Bari Jo on March 02, 2018, 10:37:30 AM
Shiratori, I love your avatar.  I so wanted to be Princess growing up.  As for 2018, I've come out to HR and my boss.  They have given me the okay to transition on the job at my pace, the company will adjust.  I've had a makeover at Sephora.  I'm learning to do my own makeup well.  I'm just about to graduate from a utility purse that is metrosexual to a girly coach purse.  I'm not fully out yet, but getting there.

Sounds awesome  :D!!!

•  

Shy

I've been full time for a year and so far this year....

Family started to call me Sadie for the first time after I told them I was going to medically transition baring any health issues.

Had my first bra fitting even though I'm pre HRT. I just needed to do something everyday, normal.

Made contact with a lot of neighbours that I'd been avoiding.

Cleared my closet of old clothes and gave them to charity. Clearing out the other closet of past events that needed to be addressed once and for all. Still a work in progress but I'm done carrying that load around anymore.

Grown my nails out long, for some reason nails are my thing. I like to have feminine looking hands and take confidence from my paws. Sometimes it's the little things that help most.

Started to exercise again to get fit for any surgeries. Am back to running weight and a healthy BMI. Will start distance running again as soon as the weather warms a little, I miss the hills.

To be honest things are becoming very normal although none of the above came easy and some things at a price.
I'm writing music again, made the house more welcoming, just starting to look after myself for the first time in years, but it's all still one day at a time. :)

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

PurpleWolf

Getting the referral for a gender clinic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;D :D :laugh: ;D :D :laugh: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Meeting other trans people for the first time in my life!!! Was hugely therapeutic. Have never felt that normal in my life!!!

Also meeting the first irl friend in ages........ So, I made a friend after being completely socially isolated forever :D!!!

•  

Megan.

Quote from: PurpleWolf on March 18, 2018, 03:28:29 AM
Getting the referral for a gender clinic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;D :D [emoji23] ;D :D [emoji23] :angel: :angel: :angel:

Meeting other trans people for the first time in my life!!! Was hugely therapeutic. Have never felt that normal in my life!!!

Also meeting the first irl friend in ages........ So, I made a friend after being completely socially isolated forever :D!!!
Woop, great news hun. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•