Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Things you've accomplished in 2018 transition-wise?

Started by PurpleWolf, March 01, 2018, 09:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylo

Quote from: PurpleWolf on March 19, 2018, 02:37:46 PM
Yeah, top surgery is nothing right  ;D

I know it's a major thing... but compared to all the stuff I had to jump through to get to it in the last 2 yrs kind of feels like it's just tying up loose ends to finally have it done. And I still have yet to see the results because they won't let me rip the dressings off till Wednesday. So for now all I register is the lack of volume in the chest area, a lot of weird nerve sensations and a crawling desire to get the bandages off because I really want to take a proper shower.

Seems like it should feel more important, I guess it's not sunk in yet.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

PurpleWolf

Quote from: Kylo on March 19, 2018, 09:36:34 PM
Seems like it should feel more important, I guess it's not sunk in yet.
Dude, it will  :D!!!
You gotta tell us how Wed went then  :)!

Is that you in that profile pic?!?
!!!REBIRTH=legal name change on Feb 16th 2018!!!
This is where life begins for me. It's a miracle I finally got it done.

My body is the home of my soul; not the other way around.

I'm more than anything an individual; I'm too complex to be put in any box.

- A social butterfly not living in social isolation anymore  ;D -
(Highly approachable but difficult to grasp)

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

Kylo

I'll letcha know in the thread you made when they pull all the wrappers off and I get a look at the 'damage'.

No, that's not me. Does really make me want a cigarette, though.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

falk

So far this year, I have came out to my psychiatrist and been diagnosed with gender dysphoria [and she's writing me a carry letter, mostly for my own benefit than anything else]; finalized a name [looking into getting it legal], came out as bisexual.....then decided to be celibate for a while ha ha; have a referral for an endocrinologist [appointment in May] for HRT. I also decided to cut my hair how I want it since I have no one to tell me otherwise. It's way better now.

Aside from gender-specific actions, I have also moved out of an abusive household and out of state, was hired and quit several jobs but settled into being a freelance artist, started working on my GED [I dropped out in middle school to work]. Semi-related to that, started the process for neurodivergent screenings [partially a reason why I dropped out]. Tried a therapist, dropped her, probably going to pick up a different one? Also got into government assistance, health insurance, food stamps, etc. 

I've been working on various art projects, a comic, an album, etc. which helps me more than I expected it would.

I have plans but I don't know if I'd get them done within the year. I know I want/need top surgery or a temporary solution to a flatter chest until then. Maybe bottom surgery? Looking into getting my name legal, thinking of correcting my gender legally. Trying to decide when to socialize as "male" [I'm not strictly binary, but male is better than female].

For now, I've trying to work on my mental health and also doing a lot of research for my own transition. Not gender-related, but I plan to go to college after my GED [might use that as a springboard to move again].
  •  

TicTac

My testosterone levels finally dropped to nothing after battling with it for like 2 years. Spiro and whatever else I took with it (forgot the name) did not do a good job at suppressing the nightmare, so I had to get an orchiectomy in order to kill the testosterone. I was CONSTANTLY getting blood tests which I hated, so I am glad I do not have to do that anymore. Finally my estrogen is at a normal Female range, so I guess that is an accomplishment?

I keep saying I started my transition at 21, but technically my T levels were to high for that to happen, so I guess my transition starts now? I do not know honestly. Apparently I already pass as a Female so it does not matter. I did see small changes through those 2 years such as smooth skin, and small breast growth but that is about it.
  •  

WolfNightV4X1

Scheduled in June for Top, nervous but excited.

My paperwork is taking a heck of a long time to come in because I wasnt born in the state I live in, and I keep making mistakes (not to mention the people processing it blatantly misnaming me the first time despite how obvious that isn't my current name anymore, at least the second time the guy used my name and sent a letter stating "sir or madam" instead or just one incorrect one...still ended up passive aggressively sending the corrected forms back in the envelope under "Sir Mr. First Last", though.)

•  

SeptagonScars

Well not much for me really. Me being on T isn't exactly news, but I got this year's first shot a few weeks ago. When I only need to take my shots once every 3,5 month, that means I only take it 4 times a year, and the last one last year was sometime in December. But I mean a T shot is always a step forward in transition, even if you've been on it for almost 6 years, right?

Not entirely transition related but a bit indirectly, is that I started a medication to try to treat my vag atrophy that the T that I'm taking caused. I mean, it's not dry, but very sore and stiff and easily gets damaged. Like a bit shriveled up, I suppose! Cause erhm, I've been "bonding" a bit with my vag again, but it's been difficult with that kind of medical issue. I've only taken that medication for a week now but I've already noticed a huge improvement and no side-effects so far, so that's great.

Since I've been starting to consider maybe not getting SRS (or more specifically meta and v-ectomy), I've done a lot of soul-searching for these past 2 months to try to come to a definite decision on that before I'll get a date for surgery scheduled. As I'm on waiting list for that. Oh the irony of having been impatiently anticipating it, to now being stressed out of my mind by how much closer that date is getting... life is strange.

If I will decide to cancel it though, I still want to get a total hysto, so in that case I'll probably have to go back to square one in the general realm of "bottom surgery" to get op for just a hysto. Cause then I wouldn't need to have an SRS surgeon involved or go to that specific hospital, but just a gyno at a closer hospital would do just fine and likely be preferable for the state that pays for it. It would also be easier in terms of travel.

Really makes me wish I had gotten that hysto done in advance when I had the chance in November last year! But yeah, hindsight. It is what it is. I haven't made up my mind entirely about genital surgery yet, so still holding off cancelling, just to be sure that I'm sure first.

This makes me a bit sad and feeling rather down, so I'm gonna try my best to grab myself by the collar and get started with some exercise, to keep my mood from tumbling down too far. As soon as I can kick myself out the door daytime, I'm gonna go for a swim at the local swimming hall. Hopefully that will relieve some of my million tensions. Oh, and talking to my therapist on Monday.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: SeptagonScars on April 07, 2018, 05:25:01 PM
Well not much for me really. Me being on T isn't exactly news, but I got this year's first shot a few weeks ago. When I only need to take my shots once every 3,5 month, that means I only take it 4 times a year, and the last one last year was sometime in December. But I mean a T shot is always a step forward in transition, even if you've been on it for almost 6 years, right?

Not entirely transition related but a bit indirectly, is that I started a medication to try to treat my vag atrophy that the T that I'm taking caused. I mean, it's not dry, but very sore and stiff and easily gets damaged. Like a bit shriveled up, I suppose! Cause erhm, I've been "bonding" a bit with my vag again, but it's been difficult with that kind of medical issue. I've only taken that medication for a week now but I've already noticed a huge improvement and no side-effects so far, so that's great.

Since I've been starting to consider maybe not getting SRS (or more specifically meta and v-ectomy), I've done a lot of soul-searching for these past 2 months to try to come to a definite decision on that before I'll get a date for surgery scheduled. As I'm on waiting list for that. Oh the irony of having been impatiently anticipating it, to now being stressed out of my mind by how much closer that date is getting... life is strange.

If I will decide to cancel it though, I still want to get a total hysto, so in that case I'll probably have to go back to square one in the general realm of "bottom surgery" to get op for just a hysto. Cause then I wouldn't need to have an SRS surgeon involved or go to that specific hospital, but just a gyno at a closer hospital would do just fine and likely be preferable for the state that pays for it. It would also be easier in terms of travel.

Really makes me wish I had gotten that hysto done in advance when I had the chance in November last year! But yeah, hindsight. It is what it is. I haven't made up my mind entirely about genital surgery yet, so still holding off cancelling, just to be sure that I'm sure first.

This makes me a bit sad and feeling rather down, so I'm gonna try my best to grab myself by the collar and get started with some exercise, to keep my mood from tumbling down too far. As soon as I can kick myself out the door daytime, I'm gonna go for a swim at the local swimming hall. Hopefully that will relieve some of my million tensions. Oh, and talking to my therapist on Monday.
T shots every 3-5 months? When I had ED, it was 2x a week. Smaller doses though. Originally I was once every 2-3 weeks, but that caused see saw levels. Glad to be off it though as I am mtf. The things we do for love. Funny thing is weight loss helped a lot. Still on the low side, but probably more free t. Anyway...good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

SeptagonScars

Quote from: Gertrude on April 08, 2018, 09:46:43 AM
T shots every 3-5 months? When I had ED, it was 2x a week. Smaller doses though. Originally I was once every 2-3 weeks, but that caused see saw levels. Glad to be off it though as I am mtf. The things we do for love. Funny thing is weight loss helped a lot. Still on the low side, but probably more free t. Anyway...good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, I meant once every 3 and a half month, as in 14 weeks intervals. It's still seldom though. I take somewhat of a horse dose, that then disperses/releases very slowly over time. It's not the same kind of injectable T that is most often used in the US, that is usually taken once a week or so. Yeah, the things we do for love... reminds me of when I was taking birth control pills in my late teens which unfortunately made my body curvier. Like bigger tits and butt :/
Thank you, and good luck to you too!
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Roll

Well, I've continued to come out to people around me. If not for a rough schedule at school probably would have fully by now. I've become far more confident and comfortable with myself. Two lasers on beard down, and hair transplant consult tomorrow. Ears pierced, bought women's clothing and makeup in person for a change, AND I FEEL MORE ON THE HORIZON!!
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

ReplacementSarah

So far:

4/4/2018 - I actually overcame the state of denial I've been in for decades and came to except the fact that I am transgender.
4/6/2018 - Came out to my wife about my revelation and told her that I intend to medically transition. Also changed my gender, but not my name on Facebook.
4/8/2018 - Created a new gmail account using my new name, created an account on this forum, changed my username on Facebook to incorporate my new name (however, my actual name on Facebook is still my birth name). Talked to my wife about starting hair removal, but she said that she wants me to talk to a therapist first. So, instead I ordered my very first dress. I'm more of a jeans and tee shirt girl, but I wanted something feminine to cope with the dysphoria I was feeling at that moment.
4/9/2018 - Ordered new insurance card, because I've never actually used my health insurance before and didn't know where I put it. Came out to my sister though Facebook messenger (she lives in a different state) after getting off the phone with the insurance company.
4/10/2018 - Called and scheduled an appointment with a therapist specializing in transgender issues for May 2nd. I'm hoping she'll be able to help get the ball rolling on getting where I want to be with my transition.
4/12/2018 - Started practicing with some voice femizination exercises I found on Youtube, but I've still too much going through my head to concentrate as much as I'd like to. I'll keep working at it, though.
  •  

smart_michelle

In my case - a great deal!

Finally came out two months ago to my parents aged 44! Took me three months to write a letter to them and find the right moment. But it went far better than I ever could have imagined, and I've now been to their house twice as Michelle which is absolutely amazing!

I am volunteering in a charity shop as Michelle, and now living a bit half and half each week until I get a new job, I would prefer to start afresh but I have been talking to the equality and diversity officer at my present workplace about possible transition there.

Many friends and a few work colleagues now know about Michelle (I have been going out sometimes as Michelle for 15 years or so but this was more in a TG community bubble or the odd shopping trip or something)

Starting to go down the pathway with the NHS here in the UK too.

Michelle

•  

PurpleWolf

Quote from: ReplacementSarah on April 12, 2018, 09:10:02 AM
So far:

4/4/2018 - I actually overcame the state of denial I've been in for decades and came to except the fact that I am transgender.
4/6/2018 - Came out to my wife about my revelation and told her that I intend to medically transition. Also changed my gender, but not my name on Facebook.
4/8/2018 - Created a new gmail account using my new name, created an account on this forum, changed my username on Facebook to incorporate my new name (however, my actual name on Facebook is still my birth name). Talked to my wife about starting hair removal, but she said that she wants me to talk to a therapist first. So, instead I ordered my very first dress. I'm more of a jeans and tee shirt girl, but I wanted something feminine to cope with the dysphoria I was feeling at that moment.
4/9/2018 - Ordered new insurance card, because I've never actually used my health insurance before and didn't know where I put it. Came out to my sister though Facebook messenger (she lives in a different state) after getting off the phone with the insurance company.
4/10/2018 - Called and scheduled an appointment with a therapist specializing in transgender issues for May 2nd. I'm hoping she'll be able to help get the ball rolling on getting where I want to be with my transition.
4/12/2018 - Started practicing with some voice femizination exercises I found on Youtube, but I've still too much going through my head to concentrate as much as I'd like to. I'll keep working at it, though.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! That's a lot  :laugh:!!!!!!!!!!!! Extremely happy for you, Sarah!!!!!! Keep GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

PurpleWolf

Quote from: smart_michelle on April 21, 2018, 02:54:35 PM
In my case - a great deal!

Finally came out two months ago to my parents aged 44! Took me three months to write a letter to them and find the right moment. But it went far better than I ever could have imagined, and I've now been to their house twice as Michelle which is absolutely amazing!

I am volunteering in a charity shop as Michelle, and now living a bit half and half each week until I get a new job, I would prefer to start afresh but I have been talking to the equality and diversity officer at my present workplace about possible transition there.

Many friends and a few work colleagues now know about Michelle (I have been going out sometimes as Michelle for 15 years or so but this was more in a TG community bubble or the odd shopping trip or something)

Starting to go down the pathway with the NHS here in the UK too.

Michelle

Awesome to hear  :laugh:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•  

PollyQMcLovely

I started HRT, electrolysis and TGNC support groups but I feel like I'm not doing enough and it's really bothering me. I'm gonna try to follow the example of those who posted in this thread.
  •  

Roll

Quote from: PollyQMcLovely on April 21, 2018, 10:35:35 PM
I started HRT, electrolysis and TGNC support groups but I feel like I'm not doing enough and it's really bothering me. I'm gonna try to follow the example of those who posted in this thread.

You sound like you are doing plenty to me! :) I was the same way a few months ago, it feels like you aren't making enough progress when really you are going top speed more or less.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

PurpleWolf

Came out to my two remaining aunts via email. Not planned in any way. Just decided to send short msgs to inform about my new name and transitioning. (I've been living as a guy since 13 but have had minimal contact with my relatives since and not sure if they are even aware of that...!) Didn't explain, just stated more like, and gave a few links  :). Plus sent pics of me hoping that would make the msg across better than words...! No idea how they'll react. But like I said have had minimal contact so really don't even care.

Well now they know...! And can't pretend they don't anymore. (Actually I already did come out to one of them around...15-16? And she replied she didn't believe me and that it was just a phase. So I severed contact basically. Or stopped emailing back then bcos she also said other hurtful stuff but nevermind. It was a long time ago.)

•  

Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Laurie on April 28, 2018, 12:19:25 PM
I didn't kill myself.
Yes! And the world is a better place for it. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Lady Love

I made. Post on another board about recent changes

~~~~~~~
Now that I have learned more and have an appointment with a gender specialist, I have more immediate things I have been working out that I'd like to share! :)

~I have been practicing my voice. I already sing for fun so it doesn't seem like work. Its also fun practicing while my coworkers run to grab lunch, etc.
~I have been finding community both here and other places.
~I have been talking with my therapist about gender and consequently learning more about my feelings
~I got panties! I got some high risers from dollar tree and suddenly boxers feel weird. They are still fun to wear, but now it feels a bit like I'm crossdressing as a man :P
~I work at a fabric store and want to learn make clothes for myself. I plan to go to a thrift store soon to expand my wardrobe, but I also think it would be fun and helpful to learn to make clothes. This brought up dreams of getting a dress form someday, which made my heart rate go up.
~I have been working some of my female voice into my male presentation which make me feel warm and fuzzy.
~Before I came out I was one of the many people worried my sexuality was a fetish. As i read many accounts of people that had similar situations and found success it gives hope and excitement.
~My girlfriend was accepting when I came out, but the continued love and support for my evolving feelings means the world.
~Lastly, I trimmed my body hair and face. I still am definitely a fairly hairy fellow, but I wanted to see my face again. I thought it was beautiful. I've kind of never had a strong connection with my body before. There are still things that I would like to change, but it's for amazing how much more present I feel in myself after accepting myself.

Anyway, I just wanted to share what I have been up to and feeling. I feel renewed by all the new things I have been learning about myself and others. Thank you for listening to me jabber.
~~~~~~~

In addition to this, i recently came out to some friends and and family and one of them gave me cute clothes :D

I only recently realized my transgender feelings so all of this is still very exciting to me.
  •