Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Things you've accomplished in 2018 transition-wise?

Started by PurpleWolf, March 01, 2018, 09:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatieP

I posted this in the What Made you Happy thread, but it fits here too, so I am hoping that doubling up doesn't cause grief. Seems to me that most of the accomplishments also make you happy. So, how does one decide which thread to use?  ;D  Anyway, over there I said:

I know it's silly, but I got my ears pierced Sunday.

To this point, I have worn the hoops that look like your ears are pierced, but they are a bit hard on the ear lobes.

I have wanted to have them pierced since I was 13, which was a very long time ago...

Kate
  •  

Nina

Years 1-9 of my transition - needed to wear makeup everyday before I left the house
Year 10 - 2018 - haven't worn makeup once this year...and yes, I've left the house.
2007/8 - name change, tracheal shave, electrolysis, therapy
2008 - full time
2014 - GCS Dr. Brassard; remarried
2018 (January)  - hubby and I moved off-grid
2019 - plan originally was to hike PCT in 2020, but now attempting Appalachian Trail - start date April 3.
  •  

Codia

This past spring, after nearly four years of transitioning, my endo changed my medication and my T level finally dropped out of the male range.  I should also have my final letter for surgery by the end of the year ^-^
  •  

ChrissyRyan

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned to my therapist that on more and more days I just didn't do well because of my intense feelings of feminity as compared to sliding back and forth, like the low and high tide, between my male and female feelings, thoughts and actions. We talked about going on E for relief but I just did not have it in me to make a really big mtf transition commitment.

I have been on psytoE for four years now and Fin and have had some really positive femming up.  I know it is not the same as Mtf Hrt for potential effectiveness for most people.

I did though decide to possibly try some someday to see if it would help with dysphoria.  I have now had my labs and recently, a regular physical, both with good results.  I do not know if this is real progress or not.  This is like aiming at a target of some kind but not taking the next step.

What is real progress is me getting more comfortable being more feminine and all of these thoughts, feelings, and emotions... as I am AMAB.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

RoryL

Just met with our HR Administrator for a final review of the announcement about my transition. I asked them to send it near the end of the workday on Thursday. I work from home on Fridays, so wanted there to at least be one workday for the word to spread before I'm back in the office on Monday. I really liked the message I originally wrote but between our HR person & the University's main HR Dept. a bunch of it was cut out as "too personal", even though to my eyes it was hardly that. Oh well. Picking my battles.

Generally they've been very supportive, just mostly unaware and unfamiliar with having an employee come out as trans.  They were certainly down with me asking one of the directors of the local Transgender Resource Center to present a Trans 101 in late August to my entire department (a little over 100 fellow employees). So, yay! I'm officially coming out at work by the end of the week!!!
"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•  

KatieP

CONGRATULATIONS, Rory!!!

It must be quite exciting to think of being your authentic self at work!!

Kate
  •  

RoryL

Thanks, Kate! You're right, I can only imagine the energy & emotions this step will free up. Time to be really seen by the folks I spend so much time with every week!!
"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

•  

sophie1904

2018 has been a huge year for me.

I came out at work and in the national UK media.
I came out in my professional network.
I completed laser hair removal and started electrolysis.
I got my first female haircut and started presenting female 24/7
I hired a stylist and developed my own style and built my first professional capsule wardrobe.
I legally changed my name, degree certificate and achieved my first official diagnosis of GD.
I completed facial feminisation surgery at Facial Team

Hopefully 2019 will be somewhat easier :)
  •  

Sienna Grace

Quote from: KatieP on October 16, 2018, 11:57:15 PM
I posted this in the What Made you Happy thread, but it fits here too, so I am hoping that doubling up doesn't cause grief. Seems to me that most of the accomplishments also make you happy. So, how does one decide which thread to use?  ;D  Anyway, over there I said:

I know it's silly, but I got my ears pierced Sunday.

To this point, I have worn the hoops that look like your ears are pierced, but they are a bit hard on the ear lobes.

I have wanted to have them pierced since I was 13, which was a very long time ago...

Kate

Hi Kate,

I don't think this is either silly or minor. I absolutely understand. Piercing my ears is something that I have wanted to do for a very long time. I am planning to have them done at Christmas when I have time off from work. For me this is almost as big a step as starting HRT. I am not sure why. So I certainly understand the importance to you.

You go girl.
Sienna
Xx
  •  

KatieP

Thank-you, Sienna!

You are very kind. Living up to the second half of your name...

;D

Kate
  •  

RoryL

In August, I submitted all the required paperwork to my birth state in order to get the sex listed on my birth certificate corrected. Their receipt of it was confirmed when the payment check was cashed on 9/11/18. Yesterday, 11/10/18, I received newly corrected certified copies of my certificate listing my sex as FEMALE.  I cannot express how it felt seeing the Vital Records return address on the envelope when looking in the mailbox then opening & seeing the certs for the first time! My hubby & I have plans to celebrate by going out to dinner tonight. :-)

Also, Friday's coming out message was sent by HR to everyone at work under the subject line: "An Important Message". I've received several emails & DMs of support, including a very warm & kind email from one of the organization's director congratulating me, saying "Welcome to womanhood!", then going on to tell me that her 21 year old daughter started the process of transitioning from female to male a couple of months ago. 

All in all, last week was a very good week transition-wise! :icon_mrhappy:

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: RoryL on November 11, 2018, 08:00:40 AM
In August, I submitted all the required paperwork to my birth state in order to get the sex listed on my birth certificate corrected. Their receipt of it was confirmed when the payment check was cashed on 9/11/18. Yesterday, 11/10/18, I received newly corrected certified copies of my certificate listing my sex as FEMALE.  I cannot express how it felt seeing the Vital Records return address on the envelope when looking in the mailbox then opening & seeing the certs for the first time! My hubby & I have plans to celebrate by going out to dinner tonight. :-)

Also, Friday's coming out message was sent by HR to everyone at work under the subject line: "An Important Message". I've received several emails & DMs of support, including a very warm & kind email from one of the organization's director congratulating me, saying "Welcome to womanhood!", then going on to tell me that her 21 year old daughter started the process of transitioning from female to male a couple of months ago. 

All in all, last week was a very good week transition-wise! :icon_mrhappy:

That is wonderful!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Danielle Kristina

This year I began seeing a gender therapist.  I came to realize and accept that I'm a transgender woman.  No longer do I hate myself for wanting to wear women's clothing or for wanting to be female.  No longer do I condemn myself for these internal feelings I didn't choose to have.  I received my letter from my therapist to start HRT, but I'm waiting for my employer's health insurance to begin before I undergo hormones (I can't wait to get on E!).  I managed to come out to two people and even worked up the courage to go to therapy dressed.  There is still so much more transitioning ahead of me, and though I still struggle with dysphoria, I feel much better about myself as a trans person than ever before.

Danielle
April 19, 2018: First post here on Susan's Place
April 27, 2018: First session with my gender therapist
July 30, 2018: Received my HRT letter
September 3,2018: Came our for the first time

Becoming me more every day!!!
  •  

PurpleWolf

Interesting things lately this fall..... :
Finally got a call appt from the gender clinic...... BUT decided to call that process off bcos been seeing therapists and reading trauma books and healing and getting over my traumas - which led me to miraculously love my female body after having EXTREME body dysphoria forever........ ::)!
!!!REBIRTH=legal name change on Feb 16th 2018!!!
This is where life begins for me. It's a miracle I finally got it done.

My body is the home of my soul; not the other way around.

I'm more than anything an individual; I'm too complex to be put in any box.

- A social butterfly not living in social isolation anymore  ;D -
(Highly approachable but difficult to grasp)

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I am beginning to understand and appreciate as geniunely sincere and real my gender feelings and thoughts.  I am beginning to realize they are not bad or wrong, they are just part of me. 

I am okay.  A little unusual, but okay.

Chrissy
  •  

KathyLauren

In practical terms, I have accomplished nothing at all this year, transition-wise.  Another year of HRT, another year of RLE.  Which is good.  No progress on my gender marker change.

I am hopeful for my second referral letter for surgery sometime before the end of the year.  I had an appointment with the shrink at the beginning of October: half an hour of "Have you ever had...?" type questions, for which I had to drive 3.5 hours each way, after waiting for a year!  Since then, I have rattled the poor secretary's cage every two weeks, asking when my letter will be forthcoming.  "Soon", she says.

I had an appointment with my HRT doctor in mid-October, telling her that I had seen the shrink and the letter was imminent.  So today, her office called wondering where the letter was.  A perfect excuse to call the shrink's secretary again.  "Soon" was the answer.  I did ask her to fax the letter directly to my HRT doctor, since there is a postal strike on right now, and to call me when she had done so.

So, I guess what I have accomplished this year is some cage-rattling.  ::)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

AoifeB

I dropped off the sample letter needed to amend my birth certificate with my endo, should get it back hopefully next week. Then just waiting to see if the Feds will follow through.
  •  

Allison S

Everything's been pushed back a bit, but it's still doable and timing doesn't mean much. Not having my name and gender marker changed is a bit disappointing now that I'm "passing", but I can't let setbacks discourage me. I know who and what I am and that's so empowering.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Meghan

For 2018 I was able to begin my Medical transition. After a year on Spironactone I was able normal my Potassium level, and my Endocrine about to change my Hormone medications.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Meghan Pham: MtF Transgender, Transsexual, Transwoman, social justice, Caregivers, Certified Nurse Assistant
  •  

Kylo

Guess I'll be up for discharge from the clinic and my therapist soon. I'm pretty much done.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •