Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Things you've accomplished in 2018 transition-wise?

Started by PurpleWolf, March 01, 2018, 09:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabrina Rei

2018 has been the big one for me. Started hrt in July with my partner and daughter's blessing. Attended my very good friend's wedding completely as myself. Wore my first swimsuit in public. Grew my hair out and got the lob I'd chickened out on in years past. About to come out at work. Huge year.

KatieP

Quote from: elle's bells on November 27, 2018, 04:37:20 AM
2018 has been the big one for me. Started hrt in July with my partner and daughter's blessing. Attended my very good friend's wedding completely as myself. Wore my first swimsuit in public. Grew my hair out and got the lob I'd chickened out on in years past. About to come out at work. Huge year.

WOW!!! That is amazing! You don't mess around, girl!

Congratulations!!!

Kate
  •  

RoryL

Quote from: elle's bells on November 27, 2018, 04:37:20 AM

Good for you!! All wonderful achievements. Congratulations!!
"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•  

Beverly Anne

Legal name change, HRT, gender marker changed, legal documents changed, better wardrobe.  ;)
Be authentic and live life unafraid!
  •  

Sabrina Rei

Thank you, KatieP and RoryL!!

Couldn't have done it without the lovely ladies and upstanding gentlemen here at Susan's!

sarah1972

Continuing to be me. Did not get recognized by my parents due to all the changes  ;D. Made a downpayment for my GRS surgery next April.

•  

Emma1017

It was a tough year that got better. 

I started with panic attacks and an immense sense of loneliness and then started therapy.  I was diagnosed with gender dysphoria at 62 years of age and entered complete denial.

I was totally shocked to finally realize that I really was transgender and increased my therapy.  I discovered Susan's Place and was surrounded with the best and most caring people in the world.  Suddenly I was not alone and that was huge.

I have just started HRT and my wife and I are still together.

I am looking forward to 2019!

Thanks all!
  •  

AoifeB

Got the letter I need to correct my birth certificate back. Now to mail it all to the Feds and cross my fingers.
  •  

dee82

Came out to all the important people in my life. Started HRT in November. Organised a completely new wardrobe that I currently wear almost 90% of the time. Looking forward to 2019.

Almost as big as those, is making my own real life friends, which I would/could never do before.

~Dee.

Sent from my VFD 513 using Tapatalk

•  

KatieP

Quote from: dee82 on December 04, 2018, 01:15:08 AM
Came out to all the important people in my life.

Sent from my VFD 513 using Tapatalk

I think you will have to update the words under your avatar picture. If you came out to the important people, you cannot claim to be shy any longer...

;D

Kate
  •  

dee82

Quote from: KatieP on December 04, 2018, 10:47:30 AM
I think you will have to update the words under your avatar picture. If you came out to the important people, you cannot claim to be shy any longer...

I guess there must be different kinds of shyness! *cheeky wink*

~Dee.
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: KathyLauren on November 20, 2018, 10:18:40 AM
I am hopeful for my second referral letter for surgery sometime before the end of the year.

Update!  While I haven't gotten my copy yet, my doctor got hers, and has already sent it off to the insurance office for funding approval.  ;D

And I am closing in on finishing my facial electrolysis.  I will be switching to half-hour appointments in the new year.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Ryuichi13

Lets see...

-After hesitating for nearly a year, I came  out to my Dad.  He was not happy, but at least he doesn't think I have a "constant cold" anymore.

-Came out to everyone I know on Facebook.. No more hiding.  I'm sick of hiding.

-My beard is finally coming in!  Its sparse, but it's a definite beard!

-Gave my transgender boyfriend a ring.  Not sure if its a promise ring, especially since its a cheap piece of jewelry, but I wear mine every day, and he wears his at work and out.  The only time he takes it off is when he's around family, who don't know he's gay.

-Started researching for my top surgery.  I almost had a surgeon, but he turned out to be not a good match for what I need done.

-Started a local transmasculine support group that meets once a month.  I asked my local trans group to create one over a year ago, but I got tired of waiting.  So far, we have almost 30 people on the mailing list, and at least 12 show up for meetings.  We'll have our third meeting in January.

-Joined a local group dedicated to help LGBT+ youth under the age of 25.  We're making sure that proper and all-inclusive Sex Ed is taught in school, that condoms and PreP is available for teens, helping provide safe space for homeless LGBT+ youths and making sure that trans kids can get the hormone blockers or hormones they need.  We have a long way to go, but we have a good start on being able to do all of these things.

-I finally was given some nice suits from a MTF in my local support group.  YAY!  I need to have them tailored since she's taller than me, but that's easily taken care of!

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.  8)

Ryuichi

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Ryuichi13 on December 21, 2018, 05:56:36 PM
Lets see...

-After hesitating for nearly a year, I came  out to my Dad.  He was not happy, but at least he doesn't think I have a "constant cold" anymore.

-Came out to everyone I know on Facebook.. No more hiding.  I'm sick of hiding.

-My beard is finally coming in!  Its sparse, but it's a definite beard!

-Gave my transgender boyfriend a ring.  Not sure if its a promise ring, especially since its a cheap piece of jewelry, but I wear mine every day, and he wears his at work and out.  The only time he takes it off is when he's around family, who don't know he's gay.

-Started researching for my top surgery.  I almost had a surgeon, but he turned out to be not a good match for what I need done.

-Started a local transmasculine support group that meets once a month.  I asked my local trans group to create one over a year ago, but I got tired of waiting.  So far, we have almost 30 people on the mailing list, and at least 12 show up for meetings.  We'll have our third meeting in January.

-Joined a local group dedicated to help LGBT+ youth under the age of 25.  We're making sure that proper and all-inclusive Sex Ed is taught in school, that condoms and PreP is available for teens, helping provide safe space for homeless LGBT+ youths and making sure that trans kids can get the hormone blockers or hormones they need.  We have a long way to go, but we have a good start on being able to do all of these things.

-I finally was given some nice suits from a MTF in my local support group.  YAY!  I need to have them tailored since she's taller than me, but that's easily taken care of!

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.  8)

Ryuichi
Inspiring stuff so much positivity and support for others.  Brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Lynne

Lot of things happened this year but most of them were not directly related to my transition but will help in that regard as well. I learned a lot of new things which helps my career, lost the weight I put on earlier this year, bought my own apartment so my landlord cannot just decide to kick me out if they decide they don't like me or my 'lifestyle'.

Transition-wise, I bought a bunch of clothes, shoes, makeup and accessories which is not an accomplishment in itself but I worked hard for that money.
I got better at makeup, painting my nails, dyeing my hair(the bathroom isn't a mess after it anymore :D), only a few hairs left on my face after the laser sessions this year and I have more understanding of my voice issues than last year.

This year might have been better than I thought.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Lynne on December 22, 2018, 07:46:27 AM
Lot of things happened this year but most of them were not directly related to my transition but will help in that regard as well. I learned a lot of new things which helps my career, lost the weight I put on earlier this year, bought my own apartment so my landlord cannot just decide to kick me out if they decide they don't like me or my 'lifestyle'.

Transition-wise, I bought a bunch of clothes, shoes, makeup and accessories which is not an accomplishment in itself but I worked hard for that money.
I got better at makeup, painting my nails, dyeing my hair(the bathroom isn't a mess after it anymore :D), only a few hairs left on my face after the laser sessions this year and I have more understanding of my voice issues than last year.

This year might have been better than I thought.

That sounds very positive Lynne.   :)
I wish you a great 2019.

2018 was a transformative year for me, no pun intended.
Self acceptance as a woman was the most important achievement.

I will see what 2019 brings, I am not in a hurry.
I want my transition to go as well as I can make it go, I am in control of its speed.
A pleasant and natural female voice is my primary mtf skill development goal.

Share kindness and love... This means so much to so many people, including ourselves.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Lynne

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 22, 2018, 08:00:04 AM

That sounds very positive Lynne.   :)
I wish you a great 2019.

2018 was a transformative year for me, no pun intended.
Self acceptance as a woman was the most important achievement.

I will see what 2019 brings, I am not in a hurry.
I want my transition to go as well as I can make it go, I am in control of its speed.
A pleasant and natural female voice is my primary mtf skill development goal.

Share kindness and love... This means so much to so many people, including ourselves.

Chrissy

Thank you Chrissy, I wish you a great new year too!

A good voice can be a life changer in itself, it's always a good idea to work on that.
  •  

Allison S

I started hrt in 2017... as for 2018, there's been nothing as substantial.  No surgeries or name/gender marker change yet  :-\ I feel like my face keeps changing in very small ways even after almost 15 months on hrt. 
Oh I did go full time I think September 2018.  I don't know how I feel about it still because it's so new.  It just feels like I'm not trapped in a cage as much anymore. I'm sort of getting bored of all the clothes I've been wearing.  I don't have much money and I have to be very picky buying new clothes that compliment my trans woman body.  But overall I do just throw on a top and leggings and I feel mostly okay.   
  •  

KathyLauren

Allison, your year sounds like mine: steady as she goes, nothing to see here, folks.  I hope next year will bring you some more good things to report on.  Going full-time this year is major.

Quote from: Allison S on December 22, 2018, 08:35:28 AMI don't have much money and I have to be very picky buying new clothes that compliment my trans woman body.

Have you tried shopping at second-hand stores?  Most of what I wear comes from second hand stores, at a fraction of what I would have paid new.  I only buy underwear and shoes new.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: KathyLauren on December 22, 2018, 09:52:49 AM
Allison, your year sounds like mine: steady as she goes, nothing to see here, folks.  I hope next year will bring you some more good things to report on.  Going full-time this year is major.

Have you tried shopping at second-hand stores?  Most of what I wear comes from second hand stores, at a fraction of what I would have paid new.  I only buy underwear and shoes new.

Hi Kathy, yes and that's good in a way because too much at once may overwhelm me honestly.  I don't mind waiting on hrt because the changes have been pretty nice...
By second-hand do you mean like Marshall's?  Or thrift shops?  I definitely need to check out both I've just been pretty lazy lately.  I need rain/snow boots and nice heels.
  •