Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

My sex drive increased on Estradiol. Wasn’t it supposed to decrease?

Started by Transfused, March 01, 2018, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transfused

Most people who transition report a drop in sex drive. I have the opposite. On testosterone I never had much sex drive. On Estradiol / estrogen I find my sex drive going through the roof. While my testosterone is decreasing and my estrogen is increasing. Isn't that strange?

I am almost never in the mood but I think a lot about sex and can easily get myself in the mood.
All sexual activity is driven by my mind. I can switch it on and off as I please. Before I transitioned I had never much of sex drive and now I can easily masturbate 6 times in a day while my free testosterone is only at 0.100 ng/dl and my total testosterone at 17 ng/dl. My Estradiol was 114 pg/ml last time it was measured.

Before transition I just to be exhausted after an orgasm and now I feel way more energetic once the orgasm happened. It also sends waves through my body for at least 3 minutes after the orgasm has been initiatiated. Sex is so much more pleasurable than I have ever known it to be.

I'm a bit worried because a lot of transitioners complain about a loss of sex drive,... I am very far from asexual. I'm more like hypersexual. Sex is so fun now.

Should I be worried?

•  

Charlie Nicki

Loss of sex drive comes from anti-androgens, you mentioned in another thread that you haven't taken any so that is probably why. Now if your T levels are still low, I have no clue lol...All I can say is, everyone is different. Maybe you feel more comfortable with your body now and can enjoy sex more.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Transfused

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on March 01, 2018, 03:42:06 PM
Loss of sex drive comes from anti-androgens, you mentioned in another thread that you haven't taken any so that is probably why. Now if your T levels are still low, I have no clue lol...All I can say is, everyone is different. Maybe you feel more comfortable with your body now and can enjoy sex more.

Estradiol on itself is also an anti-androgen and it shrinks Leydig-cells which are testosterone producing cells in the gonads. So I theoretically should still be affected by loss of sex-drive. Appearently I'm a mysterious case lol
  •  

PurplePelican

Quote from: Transfused on March 01, 2018, 03:45:37 PM
Estradiol on itself is also an anti-androgen and it shrinks Leydig-cells which are testosterone producing cells in the gonads. So I theoretically should still be affected by loss of sex-drive. Appearently I'm a mysterious case lol

T isn't the driver of libido as much as people seem to think. In an E only regimen, it's not unusual. Some women find they need to add P to obtain a reasonable libido.
This is not medical advice. Always consult your doctor.
  •  

Transfused

Quote from: PurplePelican on March 01, 2018, 05:02:55 PM
T isn't the driver of libido as much as people seem to think. In an E only regimen, it's not unusual. Some women find they need to add P to obtain a reasonable libido.

I have taken P and anti-androgens for a year but stopped them. Spiro made me dizzy, Androcur caused depression and micronized progesterone caused androgenization.
I feel better with Estradiol only. My T needs to be low though. If my T goes above 30 ng/dl I feel like crap. T needs to be around 0.5 pmol/l to feel good for me.

My estrogen always needs to be above 100 pg/ml. Under 100 I feel like crap and get hot flashes.
  •  

Jailyn

No, on this I have found it is different for every person that transitions. For me before as a guy I had a low drive and didn't care if I had it or not. I could go weeks with nothing. Now with transitioning it has ramped up some. I have dreams, dirty ones, involving different people. I desire to experience more and feel it. It does take longer to get to that "o" point but, I still have it. It is just different for everyone just like hormone dosages.
  •