Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Deuteronomy 22: 5

Started by Dianne H, March 03, 2018, 05:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dianne H

I wanted to post this in the cross dresser section but since it involves Christianity I guess this is the right place.
I feel it can be beneficial in both places as it effects transgender as well as crossdresser both Christian and non Christian.

Have you ever had someone tell you you're heading straight to hell in a hand basket because you wear the wrong clothes?

I wonder how many Christians have ever searched the scriptures about clothing or even considered "that which pertaineth unto a man" and what "a woman's garment" really is.

When you look into it both spiritually and in the natural you find it isn't what most people think.

For example using the whole word of God we see "doth not nature teach us" among other issues.

The word "breeches" or pants only appears for men who are priests.
The word of God also shows us the anointing oil rand down to Aaron's skirts.
In history we see the term "breeching boys" as that time when boys were potty trained and received pants to wear. Many wore them under their skirts as skirts and dresses were easier to make and could be passed down from older siblings to the younger.

When we see that we can see that skirts and dresses applied to both sexes. Pants only appears for men in the word of God.

So far we can see a woman who wears pants is cross dressing while a man in a skirt or kilt is not.

Most American ministers today use the clothesline doctrine viewing it from modern teachings which have strayed from the original.

They forget Jesus is not American, Australian or any other nationality. He is a Jew. Olive skinned and the Son of God. His word is the final authority and not any given denomination or lifestyle.

In actuality, we can see that many modern churches and societies have the clothesline doctrine, or Deuteronomy 22:5 backwards.

Today it is believed in most places both sexes can wear pants and only women can wear dresses and skirts. Tradition in many places as well as the word of God shows us both sexes can wear dresses and skirts and only men should wear breeches, or pants.

As for what nature doth teach us, the only real garment being a woman's would be a bra since women naturally have breasts. Of course men with breasts could as well. With men nature teaches us that which pertaineth unto a man would be an athletic supporter.

The word effeminate means "soft" and a man's mantle or hat is thicker or harder. A woman's veil is soft.

Therefore, a man should not wear a bra or veil and a woman should not wear pants, an athletic supporter or mantle or hat.

Of course these things go way farther in spiritual types and shadows of Christ and his bride, the church, but I won't go into that.

One example is the Lord as the man or Husband to the church is a High Priest and wears the Breastplate Of Judgment. When a Christian, or the church (woman, bride of Christ) passes judgment on another they, as a woman, are wearing that which pertaineth unto a man. (Mediator, Man, Christ)

But, I'll stop with that as I don't want to bore people too much.

I just wanted to point out that when a person says you are wrong to wear a skirt, if she is a woman in pants or a man's cap or hat, it might be well to inform her she needs study before condemning anyone else. It seems too many are too quick to ridicule or condemn without knowing the whole of a matter.

The Lord does look on the heart. He knows who needs mercy and who couldn't care less.

I just hope this gives some people a hope in Christ or strengthens their faith a bit.

May God bless,
Dianne.
Christian
US Army vet
  •  

Dianne H

Upon considering this more, maybe this could also help some parents who have concerns about kids who wish to wear clothing traditionally said to be wrong.

If it can help ease their feelings it is worthwhile posting it I hope.

How many people have been hurt by partial doctrines or those which have been possibly tainted by what country a person lives in or what the date is or what the current lifestyle is?

May God bless.
Christian
US Army vet
  •  

2.B.Dana

I have been a Bible believing Christian for about 30 years. I have not counted them but others have said there are 31,705 noted scriptures. And they only have one to point to?

I have wrestled with many similar concepts recently and much of the response boils down to prejudice or other negative words. The noted passage lies within the holiness code which is Old Testament and not followed today. There are quite a few New Testament things that aren't practiced today in our western culture as well. It is very hypocritical to pull out one verse, known a proof texting, in order to support a pre-chosen position.

When this is brought up, I just smile, sometimes I want to laugh. We have a difference of opinion and interpretation. This is not an argument you can win no matter how much data and logic you can provide. They believe its wrong and all they need is one plucked passage to make them feel right. Don't swing at the pitch, it's not worth it. Jesus yelled, Hypocrites!, more than once to the most influential religious figures of his time. They knew "everything" about the scriptures and still got it wrong.

People like rules, they can grasp that. Grace and a real relationship with a savior, Jesus, takes faith, hope and love in the unseen. More than many can handle.
Cheers,

Dana

•  

AnneK

QuoteHave you ever had someone tell you you're heading straight to hell in a hand basket because you wear the wrong clothes?

I have been called a "Sodomite" by a Baptist who noticed my nail polish.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

BlueJaye

As transgender people we need to make a distinction between men wearing women's clothing and women wearing women's clothing (or the inverse with men wearing men's clothing and women wearing men's clothing).

Let's use a transgender woman as an example. I am certain that every transgender woman on here would say, "I'm a woman". Apart from anatomy and chromosomes, they are women at the core of who they are. So would it therefore be wrong for them to wear men's clothing? If I say I am a woman, wouldn't it make more sense for them to force me to wear women's clothing, rather than trying to force me to wear the clothing of the opposite gender than I am?

We also need to understand the cultural context of this commandment. The pagan gods of that time and region had worship rituals that involved cross dressing for the purposes of homosexual religious orgies. Women for the most part were not allowed to participate in worship rituals, so some men would dress as women and act the part of women in the orgies. God strictly forbid His people from engaging in these degrading and sexually risky behaviors.

The prohibition against cross dressing was for two purposes: to keep worship pure, and to protect the people from STDs.
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: AnneK on March 03, 2018, 09:14:40 PM
I have been called a "Sodomite" by a Baptist who noticed my nail polish.
After I taught Romans 1 in Bible study one Sunday one of the men was adamant that all homosexuals should be killed regardless of whether they're active or chaste or anything else.  This wasn't even in a fundamentalist Church but Anglican instead.

I do give that man credit though for giving me one more impetus for leaving institutional Christianity behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

BlueJaye

Quote from: Deborah on April 23, 2018, 11:26:16 AM
After I taught Romans 1 in Bible study one Sunday one of the men was adamant that all homosexuals should be killed regardless of whether they're active or chaste or anything else.  This wasn't even in a fundamentalist Church but Anglican instead.

I do give that man credit though for giving me one more impetus for leaving institutional Christianity behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Institutional Christianity as it stands today makes me grieve. It reminds me of Jesus's words to the Pharisees in Matthew 23:27-28: "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness".

People like this ignore places in scripture like 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God".

I don't bring that verse up to start a quarrel over sexuality, but to point out there were homosexuals of some variety in the church ("that is what some of you were..."). Whether or not these people chose to be celibate after conversion is a matter of debate, but the reaction of the man who said all homosexuals should be executed is completely off base not in line with scripture at all.

Clearly and unambiguously, homosexual people were being saved and were part of the early church. Paul makes it clear they were accepted as part of the Church: "But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God".
  •