Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

When Harry Became Sally, thoughts please

Started by Bari Jo, March 03, 2018, 04:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bari Jo

Hey folks, please tell me your thoughts on the book When Harry Became Sally.  My father recommended it to me after seeing an interview on Fox News with the author. I am taking this poorly, but really know next to nothing on the book.  Is this anti trans?  Why is Fox interviewing the author?  Is there a better book to recommend?  I'm feeling really low and don't know how to talk with at the moment.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Devlyn

You need to tell your old man to go to hell. It's a book written by a guy who Thinks Walt Heyer is the embodiment of transgender people. I'll tell your old man to go to hell if you don't want to.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Cindy

•  

Bari Jo

I believe its unlocked now so more opinions are good.  Btw, I did talk with my dad, he did not know it's anti trans.  Whew, crisis averted.  I'd really like to know an alternative book to offer him.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

HappyMoni

You can tell Dad if he sees it on Fox it is  99.99% chance it is anti-trans. It is part of the agenda there.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Bari Jo

I did that Moni, he didn't know that.  He asked which commentator is anti trans.  I told him all of them, the whole channel.

Bari Jo

•  

Devlyn

So we're not running the old geezer out of town?   :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

HappyMoni

Yeah we can put the tar and feathers away til next year. Can't even dump his tea in the harba!
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Bari Jo on March 03, 2018, 09:47:23 PM
I believe its unlocked now so more opinions are good.  Btw, I did talk with my dad, he did not know it's anti trans.  Whew, crisis averted.  I'd really like to know an alternative book to offer him.

Bari Jo

Tell him to open the Book of Bari Jo and read a few pages.  :) 

If he didn't know it was anti-trans he didn't know, and you move on. If he offers more anti-trans material, you can assume he's either in denial or not on your side. Best wishes with him.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 04, 2018, 07:36:02 AM
Tell him to open the Book of Bari Jo and read a few pages.  :) 

If he didn't know it was anti-trans he didn't know, and you move on. If he offers more anti-trans material, you can assume he's either in denial or not on your side. Best wishes with him.

Hugs, Devlyn

Good advice Devlyn.  As for the book of Bari Jo, interesting choice to offer.  I have not shared that link with him.  I have with my mom, but I think it's too much for him.  Maybe sometime later

•  

Devlyn

I didn't know there was an actual book!  :)

I try to explain to people that when you go to the doctor, they know exactly how to handle transgender people. I tell them the medical community knows we exist and have no issue with it. I tell them that they may not have heard of it, but it's in the science books.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 04, 2018, 09:34:57 AM
I didn't know there was an actual book!  :)

I try to explain to people that when you go to the doctor, they know exactly how to handle transgender people. I tell them the medical community knows we exist and have no issue with it. I tell them that they may not have heard of it, but it's in the science books.

Hugs, Devlyn

Well not exactly a book, I mean my Bari Jo's Corner thread.  I got a nice note of support from him this morning.  I think all is well.  Whew.  Note is documented in my corner thread.

Bari Jo

•